Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old May 5th, 2009, 3:22 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Re: Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
I do hope we see Patrick Bauchau's retired thief again, though.
He was a great character. Lots of potential there.

Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2009, 6:31 pm
Fifth Year

Loved last night's episode. Except Beckett's arrogant ex. I really hated that they left it open ended for him to keep after her. At the end, I wanted her to say something along the lines of "I've already thought about it and the answer is no."

Loved the interaction between Richard and his mom when he came home and found her in his office conducting a therapy session. You is who you is and if you ain't you who is you?
and Richard Castle's head exploded.

I love it that they saved the little girl instead of finding her body. But I had a feeling as soon as they introduced the aunt that the mom & the aunt were in on it somehow.

Felt sorry for the artist daddy guy. Still not sure why at the end the blonde detective took the little girl back out of his arms?

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old May 5th, 2009, 11:51 pm
Sixth Year

The Daddy needed to figure out what was going on. He was just happy to have his little girl back and it didn't really sink in yet that it was his wife behind it all. It would have been very hard to have that kind of conversation with her in his arms and actually for her to hear any of it. And yes, although she's just 2 or 3, she would have picked up on some of it, if not the emotions in the room.
But yeah, I really loved it. I didn't suspect the mom, maybe the aunt and dad.

The ex was a pain but it was fun to see Castle and him go at it. Especially the part when Beckett tells the to just drop their pants and get it over with! Castle was classic! So cool and calm. No ruffling his feathers!
I'm thinking that they changed writers and the new ones decided not to bring Beckett's mom's murder back. And it's really too bad because it would have given more continuity to the show.
And next week is the season finale already!! NO! It's way too soon!

Old May 7th, 2009, 4:51 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny1976 View Post
The ex was a pain but it was fun to see Castle and him go at it. Especially the part when Beckett tells the to just drop their pants and get it over with! Castle was classic! So cool and calm. No ruffling his feathers!
I loved how Castle never got flustered, no matter what the ex said to make him mad. The ex kept trying to get under Castle's skin, but Castle was never affected. Shows who's the bigger man, huh?
Quote:
And next week is the season finale already!! NO! It's way too soon!
Exactly what I was thinking! No! Why such a short season? Anyone know if it's getting picked up for next year?

Old May 7th, 2009, 4:56 pm
Sixth Year

There's no news on whether it will come back or not. The fans are being encouraged to call ABC and buy the dvd's when they come out.
I'll be sad if it goes. It's really grown on me.

Old May 12th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Sixth Year

I think that was the best mid graded shows' cliffhanger ending! I was so impressed!
I was left with my jaw hanging open that they would leave us like that!

I was almost clapping when they brought back her mother's case. The writing has gotten so much better too! I'm really sad now that they're ending the season after only 10 episodes. I want more! Maybe it'll get picked up and they'll come back in the late summer. But with a cliffhanger like that, they have to come back! That's just cruel if they don't. There'll be no sense of closure for the fans. I want to know what happened to her mother! I want to know if she'll forgive Castle! I want to know if they'll be able to find the killer!

Old May 12th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Fifth Year

I want to know that she slams the door in the face of her ex and gets with Castle!! Stupid donut sprinkles.

I wanted them to add one more line, along the lines of: I opened the file before you asked me not to, and then have them show Beckett's reaction (like maybe falling into the chair, as she didn't listen when he told her she should sit down).

Loved the prom side story, Castle's little girl is so sweet. I liked the red dress better, though I seem to be in the minority on that. The blue was a prettier color, but I didn't like the cut.

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Old May 12th, 2009, 9:08 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, the top of the blue dress was way too low for a 14 year old! I so wanted to cover her up! Put a little jacket on her or something. But other than that I loved it. The reddish one was more youthful and better suited for her in that sense, but it was the wrong color for her complexion.

I was laughing out loud when Castle was holding up that bloody head! Way too funny!

Yeah, Sprinkles needs to go away, unless the show hangs on for while and then it'll be good to see the triangle tension that always makes for good tv. But then if it doesn't come back at all, I guess it doens't really matter.

Old May 12th, 2009, 9:24 pm
Curse Breaker

The cliffhanger was a nice touch, but only if they get picked up. However, based on ABC's track record I'd say we're stuck never finding out what he was going to say. Plus, "It's about your mother" would be enough for her to know that

1. he did look at the file, and

2. he obviously found something.

If the show isn't picked up, this goes right next to Fox's John Doe for infuriating series-ending cliffhangers (though it's more subtle than John Doe, so it probably looks and feels more like Women's Murder Club last year on ABC). Same network, same stupid politics.

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; May 13th, 2009 at 4:49 pm.
Old May 12th, 2009, 9:53 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
The cliffhanger was a nice touch, but only if they get picked up. However, based on ABC's track record I'd say we're stuck never finding out what he was going to say. Plus, "It's about your mother" would be enough for her to know that

1. he did look at the file, and

2. he obviously found something.

If the show isn't picked up, this goes right next to John Doe for infuriating series-ending cliffhangers (though it's more subtle than John Doe, so it probably looks and feels more like Women's Murder Club last year). Same network, same stupid politics.
Agreed there jordmundt. Even though I haven't gotten the chance to see the show itself... it stinks when networks do this kind of thing.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old May 13th, 2009, 5:02 am
Sixth Year

Yeah, and now that you remind me, ABC really has a terrible track record for doing this. At least with other networks, they don't leave it hanging quite so bad. They'll give some satisfaction. Like with Moonlight. We weren't sure if it was coming back or not when the finale aired, but they gave us something to be happy with with the main characters ending up together.
And here it's a huge mystery! If it comes back than great. If not than I'll feel cheated and robbed.
I think that's another reason I used to never really liked tv. I would be invested into a great show and then it would end unexpectedly and I would have no closure. At least with movies, we all know it's going to last for an hour and a half to 2 and a half hours. Period...well, maybe a tad longer for certain movies, but you get my point. And so I know it'll all be wrapped up in in that time. It wouldn't end 15 minutes into the movie and an announcement is made that they decided to pull the plug.

Old May 13th, 2009, 4:55 pm
Curse Breaker

Fox does this with alarming regularity too--Firefley, John Doe, New Amsterdam, Brimstone, and those are just some of the Sci-Fi series Fox did it with. ABC has been exceptionally bad in the last two years. Women's Murder Club, Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Kyle XY, and at least one probably two of the three midseason replacements this year--The Unusuals, Castle, and Cupid. The only one of their fast drops that got even an attempt at an end was Life On Mars. That's nine drama series in two years--that's almost a full schedule of drama.

Old May 13th, 2009, 9:19 pm

Quote:
Yeah, and now that you remind me, ABC really has a terrible track record for doing this. At least with other networks, they don't leave it hanging quite so bad. They'll give some satisfaction. Like with Moonlight. We weren't sure if it was coming back or not when the finale aired, but they gave us something to be happy with with the main characters ending up together.
And here it's a huge mystery! If it comes back than great. If not than I'll feel cheated and robbed.
I think that's another reason I used to never really liked tv. I would be invested into a great show and then it would end unexpectedly and I would have no closure. At least with movies, we all know it's going to last for an hour and a half to 2 and a half hours. Period...well, maybe a tad longer for certain movies, but you get my point. And so I know it'll all be wrapped up in in that time. It wouldn't end 15 minutes into the movie and an announcement is made that they decided to pull the plug.
Yea they most certainly do.

*ugh* Moonlight -- I really was damn angry when CBS cancelled that show. It was actually a really good show with good acting and good storylines.

It's a shame when networks go and pull things like that... it's like they have no brains in their head or something. It just makes no real sense to me.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:51 pm
Curse Breaker

Moonlight had charismatic actors and potential--but the storylines were all over the place and it was tough to even discern what the vamp rules were in this new universe. It should have been given more of a shot, but it would have benefited greatly from a comprehensive exploration of the rules.

Old May 15th, 2009, 1:38 am

Quote:
Moonlight had charismatic actors and potential--but the storylines were all over the place and it was tough to even discern what the vamp rules were in this new universe. It should have been given more of a shot, but it would have benefited greatly from a comprehensive exploration of the rules.
Yea I know -- and it's a shame that they weren't given a chance to straighten those storylines out. Because overall, it was a halfway decent show.

Seconded there -- it most certainly would have been interesting to see where they would have went with them.

Old May 15th, 2009, 4:22 am
Curse Breaker

Yes, that's true. Here, they have a great jumping off point for a second season, but only if they use it. If it gets dropped, it'll be just about like John Doe because they have this big serial killer reveal that they're mostly still sitting on (like the big villain reveal in John Doe) and then nothing. It would be like ending Monk before he Adrian solved Trudy's murder.

Old May 15th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Quote:
Yes, that's true. Here, they have a great jumping off point for a second season, but only if they use it. If it gets dropped, it'll be just about like John Doe because they have this big serial killer reveal that they're mostly still sitting on (like the big villain reveal in John Doe) and then nothing. It would be like ending Monk before he Adrian solved Trudy's murder.
Yep. They have to let the show itself develop there in terms of things. If they don't -- then it will end up being for nothing.

Old May 16th, 2009, 2:28 am
Seventh Year

Finished a Castle marathon on my DVR yesterday. Wow, what a great show! I so hope they bring this back for next season.

-Tibbetts

"No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5
Old May 16th, 2009, 6:14 am

I thought this was a great episode--the best one of the season. There was a lot going on, but it was all done really well. I loved the prom stuff--Castle and his daughter have a very sweet relationship. This week's case was much better executed than previous cases--at least I didn't figure out who the "bad guy" was until nearly the end of the show. Castle reopening Beckett's mother's case--! That will bring some great conflict and a continuting story arc (if the show is picked up for another season).
Quote:
ABC really has a terrible track record for doing this.
I boycotted ABC for a while after they cancelled Invasion. They left that show totally cliffhanging, too.

Here is a link to EW's Fall TV Cheat Sheet. And great news for us! According to EW, Castle has been officially renewed for Fall!!! So has Dollhouse, btw.

One thing I found interesting in this article--most shows are only being renewed for 13 episodes. Why are networks doing that now? Are they planning on shorter seasons, or are they leaving themselves an out to cancel the show if it doesn't do well in the ratings come Fall? If the shows do well, will full seasons be ordered?

Old May 16th, 2009, 6:00 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I thought this was a great episode--the best one of the season. There was a lot going on, but it was all done really well. I loved the prom stuff--Castle and his daughter have a very sweet relationship. This week's case was much better executed than previous cases--at least I didn't figure out who the "bad guy" was until nearly the end of the show. Castle reopening Beckett's mother's case--! That will bring some great conflict and a continuting story arc (if the show is picked up for another season).
I boycotted ABC for a while after they cancelled Invasion. They left that show totally cliffhanging, too.

Here is a link to EW's Fall TV Cheat Sheet. And great news for us! According to EW, Castle has been officially renewed for Fall!!! So has Dollhouse, btw.

One thing I found interesting in this article--most shows are only being renewed for 13 episodes. Why are networks doing that now? Are they planning on shorter seasons, or are they leaving themselves an out to cancel the show if it doesn't do well in the ratings come Fall? If the shows do well, will full seasons be ordered?
I think that's probably why. The show's dipped in ratings during this past season but they like them so much they want to give them a second chance. And it could be the economy, as well.

I'm hoping they give "Castle", "The Mentalist", and "Chuck" full seasons.

-Tibbetts

"No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television