Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Formula 1

Old June 6th, 2010, 8:48 pm
First Year

Re: Formula 1

I had felt the same way when i heard about his return gertiekeddle.

I'm still in two minds about his return but it did amuse me no end that, when he overtook under the safety car rules, one of the stewards who docked his points was Damon Hill.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.

(Discworld: holding a wavy mirror to reality)

SORTED !
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2010, 7:01 am
Lycanthrope

Meh, it is Schumi's decision - what ever he wants. I figure if he hangs around long enough, he'll get the hang of it. I'd rather have Raikkonen back though.

Yeah, I was pretty disgusted with Webber - he is older, but acts like a little kid sometimes, pouting and the sour faces. I prefer Vettel still and hope he becomes the next WDC. We need new blood and good competition for the future and of the young ones, there is really only Vettel, Hamilton and Kubica on the rise so far.

Old July 8th, 2010, 12:48 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird View Post

Whats your verdict on the return of Schumi?
I'm a Schumi fan, and I love that hes back but in a way I'm somewhat disappointed that he's not dong as well as he probably could. I mean sure good for him, he loves to drive and thats what he is doing, but as someone else said to me hes not a racer anymore hes more of a 'polished driver' which i think in a sense is true. He has said that next year will go more his way and he will be on the rise i guess, I mean last race in Valencia definately didn't go his way.

I'm loving the McLaren drivers at the minute, think they are doing so well. I like Vettel, he definately has potential and i think sometimes he is over shadowed slightly by Webber who too is a good driver (although i not much of a webber supporter ) Vettel and Webber's crash showed how they didnt seem to have as much of a team connection than say other drivers, but that could just be me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alonso can bring out this weekend in Silverstone, he was not a happy bunny last race and i think he definately has something to prove

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:16 pm
Lycanthrope

Poor Alonso, he is just having more back luck than ever and he is kind of making a lot of mistakes this year - well more than I remember him making in the past. But maybe that is because he tries too hard to overcome the bad luck going his way. So far, he is not living up to what Ferrari foretold regarding their future with the new blood - but maybe he'll come around as the season progresses. I think they made a mistake letting Raikkonen go, I always thought he was one of the best drivers on the grid, way back since the McLaren days. But I heard a rumor he might be back - although not to Ferrari.

Meanwhile Schumi is also still having a hard time. Rosberg is beating him and made another podium at Silverstone, with Michael far behind. I am still not ready to count him out, but he is not making the progress I suspected he might so far. Still, 1/2 a season to go, so who knows. Silverstone was a great race. Here on our tv feed, they were showing Vettel move from 23rd - dead last - to 7th, and that was great action. That Sutil is coming along as a blocker - Hamilton couldn't get by him in a past race and Vettel barely did this round. Sutil is growing into one tough customer. Whodda thunk it, a classical pianist race car driver. good stuff. Hopefully Germany GP will be just as good - it is a shame that generally, one of the good drivers has to be derailed for excitment, but that is what happens when you cut out refueling and stops... I want fueling back! Lots of pit stops = lots of fun times!

Old August 10th, 2010, 2:26 pm
First Year

I am so excited to see a Formula 1 thread! I am a huge Schumacher fan and am also a bit disappointed in his form this season but my husband keeps reminding me that it's partly the car and he had a huge break. I did wonder why he's back but am not going to question a good thing! As an Aussie it's very interesting to see how well Webber is doing and it will be great if we can have a champion - it might raise the profile of the sport in this country which can only be a Good Thing. With that said, I am not impressed about the ruling that is stopping the shifty work changing the outcome of the races, I used to love Barichello stepping aside (& essentially stopping anyone else) for Schumacher to sweep in and come first. I always wondered how he felt about it but I guess he's getting a pretty nice pay cheque at the end of the day.

Old November 16th, 2010, 4:41 pm
Lycanthrope

What a season and what a win by the youngest WDC ever, Sebastian Vettel. I was gunning for the kid all season and it was gooooood to watch him prevail in the last race, in the way that he did. In the end, talent and endurance, focus and never giving up are the key. WTG to the newest World Driver's Champion!

Old November 20th, 2010, 12:58 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Glad Vettel won.

Seems like a really nice bloke.

Good to see Red Bull doing well too. Nice to have different teams winning the Constructors title.

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:53 pm
Seventh Year

It was a fantasic season!
Vettel did very well, he is a fantastic driver. Red Bull really flourished too, although I really wanted Webber to win this championship but I hope he really gets in there next season. I felt as though he gave up though in Abu Dhabi, just his qualifing really lacked and he just didn't seem to be fighting as much as he could have during the race.
Look forward to next season!
I look forward to looking for drivers such as Schumacher, Kubica, etc and seeing if they get in with the top drivers, I definately think its possible. I also hope Massa has a better season too.

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports