Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 21st, 2008, 6:20 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Well, they were said to have been seen, so I don't think he just used to in the Cave to protect his horcruxes.

I think he would've used them in Battle when he was originally Powerful and why not, they can't be killed

I'm sure he had enough to use in DH, can they be destroyed? If not, he had the same size army of Inferi at his disposal as always.

I'd guess JK simply had enough creatures in that Battle with the Giants, Dementors, Acromantuala, etc.
well i stick to my idea he hated using them due to what they represented ...

and he could have ,he went to the lake few moments before the battle...I can just see him disappointed in them for not being able to stop Harry...

and ...this belongs in another thread...

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:41 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
and he could have ,he went to the lake few moments before the battle...I can just see him disappointed in them for not being able to stop Harry...
Pulls one out of the water and hits it and then screams, "You see what you made me do?! Do you think I like hitting you?!"

The scene will be be a bunch of recently killed people I bet, they won't go with the long dead approach. As far fetched as it seems it wouln't surprise me to see someone killed early in the film and then see them in there. Some random nobody.

"Patrick where are you going?"
"I have to return some video tapes."

"An Apple is not a Banana. This must be stated!" -Me
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:52 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansboy View Post
Pulls one out of the water and hits it and then screams, "You see what you made me do?! Do you think I like hitting you?!"

The scene will be be a bunch of recently killed people I bet, they won't go with the long dead approach. As far fetched as it seems it wouln't surprise me to see someone killed early in the film and then see them in there. Some random nobody.

Hmm, that would be interesting. I know some were throwing around the idea of Regulus Black being one of the Inferi, but he obviously was killed long ago and besides we have heard he's simply cast for a photograph.

Curius, why do you think they will be recently killed people, less grotesque?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 21st, 2008 at 1:37 pm.
Old April 21st, 2008, 1:38 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

[quote=deansboy;4998256]Pulls one out of the water and hits it and then screams, "You see what you made me do?! Do you think I like hitting you?!"[/quote

Having Regulus there would be so far streched...I wouldnt like it...they just have to be unknown dead people...

they dont have to be known characters....

surprisingly swishy
Old April 21st, 2008, 1:54 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post

Having Regulus there would be so far streched...I wouldnt like it...they just have to be unknown dead people...

they dont have to be known characters....
Actually Monste, it wouldn't be far fetched at all:

Quote:
"and Kreacher swapped the lockets...and watched as Master Regulus...was dragged beneath the water...and..."
He was dragged into the lake and became one of them, so why wouldn't he be seen as one of the Inferi?

I actually thought it would've been a cool idea *gasp, we disagree*

Old April 21st, 2008, 1:57 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
He was dragged into the lake and became one of them, so why wouldn't he be seen as one of the Inferi?

I actually thought it would've been a cool idea *gasp, we disagree*
gasps!!!
we do...

why do ithink it would be far fetched ...of all the infieri in the water ,it would be regulus who comes out?
too much of a coincidense ...it would be shocking ...still i dont like it...I rather them be unknown faces...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 21st, 2008, 4:41 pm
Seventh Year

One thing to consider is how it would give away something. The viewing audience - whom haven't read the books- wouldn't know why Regulus would be there. Or why this one zombie is being focused on.

But I do think Regulus could be there- among them all- not highlighted and mostly unrecognizable.It would be a bit contrived to have him suddenly front and center, but if it were done right ... the camera might pan past a familiar face- without centering on it so only those who've read the books might catch it. They could think back to it - later.

That's the catch- it would have to be subtle. I have yet to see man of these movies do anything subtle in the way of laying hints for future movies though. And why would WB want to pay an actor's salary for a subtle cameo that could just have well been filled in by an extra?

Last edited by Bscorp; April 21st, 2008 at 4:44 pm.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:11 pm
Zonko's Employee

Welcome to the fourth edition of my HBP list! Another month gone and we are now closer and closer than ever before to this exciting event; We are now at the 7 month mark in the countdown for this highly anticipated film and I am here with another update to my list. This list compiles everything we've heard about this film thus far from official announcements to set leaks to news stories to rumors. I started this list three months ago and will keep it going once a month around the 21st to accommodate the countdown to the Half-Blood Prince. Please note that it is still very early and there are still many things unknown. This list is a tribute to all the good times I've had in this thread and all the good friends I've made over the past 8 months and all the great discussions. This list is so we can have a reference and keep track of all the news in one place. I hope I've been of help to HBP junkies. DISCLAIMER:. I may have made some mistakes or missed something and I would appreciate it if someone could call out the mistakes and I will fix them. I hope you enjoy!

Ladies and Gentlemen
I now present to you:

Harry Potter
and the
Half-Blood Prince
As of April 21 2008

General Film News

Filmmakers Comments:

- David Yates: One thing we said when we finished "Order of the Phoenix" was that we want a very different experience next time around. We're very proud of this film, the intensity, the emotion and everything. One of the great things Jo Rowling does in the book is that she captures stages of childhood so the next stage of childhood is a bit more sex, drugs and rock and roll.

- Yates: It's about the kind of emotional and sexual politics of being a teenager. It's a very different swing, the next film. I think it needs to be for the series to keep evolving. In my work, every choice I've made I've always gone for something in the neurotically opposite direction. Once I've finished something, I've stayed keen to stay fresh as a story teller to try something different. The "Potter" world is so rich. They're so many things to play with in that world that it's possible to regear so the next one will be very different I think.

- Yates: We'd be crazy not to take a look at the seventh book and not let us influence us as we're refining the sixth script. I think there may be things that could be really helpful so we'll be looking at it as soon as it comes out.

Source:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21818

- Daniel Radcliffe: Dan wants new Potter film to be best yet. "I'm not going to be on autopilot. I've invested so much. We all want to make this film better than the last."

Source:http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article....7&in_a_source=

- Daniel Radcliffe Tells 'Harry Potter' Fans To Get Ready To Laugh: 'Half-Blood' Could Be 'Funniest' Film.
Expect to see several characters making out in the flick too.

Source:http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...91/story.jhtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Other Minister

-We will see the Brockdale bridge colllapse.

-The film will begin with the bridge collapse and something about a horocrux.

From Mugglenet:

- Filming is for the bridge collapsing scene.
- About 60 crew members and 120 extras.
- Stuntmen will be falling into the river.
- Bridge was being filmed with helicopter, on foot, and mounted camera crane.
- Crews were only allowed to film every half hour to allow public on bridge.
- More location shoots will be taking place in London.

- Yates has mentioned in an interview that he is trying to fit Scrimgeour into the script, that he is in one day and out the next. He has stated if he does have Scrimgeour he will most likely be played by Bill Nighy.

- In an interview, Yates has said he loves 'bridges snapping' and all that in looking forward to HBP.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Spinner's End

- Yates has commented about how great it is going to be to work with Kloves on Snape's ambiguity in the script.

-Alan Rickman has been re-casted as Severus Snape and has already begun filming. He has commented that he refuses to talk about his character because he would not want to spoil the story.

- Timothy Spall has been re-casted as Peter Pettigrew and will appear in the scene.

- Helen McCrory has been casted as Narcissa Malfoy

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7087093.stm

- Helena Bonham Carter has been re-casted as Bellatrix Lestrange.

-Still no word about the Vow being filmed but reports have confirmed that Bella's "I would be glad to give up my sons to the dark lord!" and Narcissa begging Snape to help her son have been filmed.

- An image of Narcissa in full costume sitting in Spinner's End has been leaked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will and Won't

- Richard Griffiths who plays Uncle Vernon in the films has confirmed that The Dursleys have been cut from HBP.

Source:www.mugglenet.com

- No word about Kreacher but they are making a HBP toy line where Kreacher is one of the characters to be made into a doll and even says a line that might be from HBP: "Mistress is happy the scum has finally left her house." So he might be in the film.

- Dumbledore's withered hand has been confirmed. Jo Rowling got chills when she saw Gambon with the green screen glove on.

-Hedwig will be in the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Horace Slughorn

- Jim Broadbent has been casted as Horace Slughorn. He has only read the sixth book in preparation for his role as the new potions master.

- The scenes at and inside Slughorn's house have all already been filmed. They have recreated the entire village of Budliegh Babberton from the book including the old war memorial. There is a store called: Babberton Arms in the background.

-Gambon has been camping it up on set and word got out that they filmed Dumbledore saying the "I do love knitting patterns' line.

- Nina Voelker, who was cast in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, explaines what significance her original character, Wendy Slinkhard, plays in the film:

Only a very small role, Slinkhard Wendy is a former student of Professor Slughorn's and is now a published author, so I was in a picture with Professor Slughorn, played by Jim Broadbent, which I will dedicate in my book. Tjis picture might be in Slughorn's house.

-Slughorn will shout "Alright! Alright" I'll take the job!" as Harry and Dumbledore leave his house like in the book.

- Yates said there was a comical scene where someone goes to draw the drapes and the entire curtain falls. This might be part of the scene in Slughorn's house.

- Regulus Black has been casted and will appear in a picture in Slughorn's house or office.
---------------------------------------------------------

An Excess of Phlegm

- Fleur Delacor has been cut. It can be assumed also that Bill has been cut too.

- The Burrow is confirmed as in the movie.

- Julie Walters has been re-casted as Mrs. Weasley and Mark Williams has been re-casted as Mr. Weasley.

- A scene in Ron's bedroom has been filmed.

Source:http://hpbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=266

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco's Detour

- The Vanishing Cabinet subplot is confirmed so it's most likely we will have the scene in Borgin and Burkes.

- The Weasley twins have been re-casted but still no word on the joke shop.

- Rumor is the scene in the robe shop has been filmed. Narcissa was said to have said the dialog: "Say Hi to Sirius for me!" The actress told us to expect to be wicked and witchy in this film.

The Slug Club

- A scene at the train station was filmed:
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...nues-in-the-uk

- Another scene at a train station has been filmed:
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...n_surbiton.php

- Shots of the Hogwarts train traveling to Hogwarts have been filmed.
http://www.hpana.com/news.20218.html

- Scenes aboard the Hogwarts express have been filmed:
http://www.lochaber-news.co.uk/news/...s_Express.html

- The Slug Club plot has been confirmed as being in the movie.

- Marcus Belby, Blaise Zabini and Cormac Mclaggen all members of the Slug Club have been casted.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7152288.stm

- Romilda Vane has been casted and her love potions are confirmed by the official plot outline from WB.

- - Actor Guy Mannerings, who had been listed as a cast member for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, clarifies who he portrays, mentions the fact that he was also cast in Goblet of Fire, and describes the atmosphere on set.

In regards to the role I have, I am no longer part of Tom Riddle's cohort, but am one of the members of Slughorn's Slugclub. (Slughorn is being played by the fantastic actor, Jim Broadbent.)

- The HBP sneak peaks on the OOTP DVD has confirmed the scene where Harry is spying on the Slytherins in their compartment under the cloak and then where Draco freezes Harry on the train and covers him with his cloak is confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&search_type=

- Scarlett Byrne will play Pansy Parkinson.
Source:http://ajmanagement.co.uk/clientDeta...intClientID=45

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snape Victorious

- Natalia Tena is back to play Tonks and has confirmed Tonks will be gloomy depressed and have brown hair in this one so her romance with Lupin is confirmed. She will probably rescue Harry from the train as in the book.
Source:http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=213122

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Half-Blood Prince

-The Potions book is confirmed by the very first still from the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm538679296/tt0417741

- The scene where McGonagal goes through the great hall handing out course schedules and Harry decides to take potions again has been filmed.
TheSnitch.uk: A source from the set today revealed to me that the scene being shot was Professor McGonagall telling Ron and Harry that they can take Potions for their NEWTS.This scene involved 200 extras, ranging from First Years to Seventh Years.

The House of Gaunt

-There will be a scene where the trio sit around the common room and discuss the Prince's book with a bowl of walnuts on the sofa.

- The rumor is this scene has been cut but we have had no official word on this at all, nor any casting news about the Gaunts.

- At today's U.S. OOTP premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, director David Yates told us that they are currently working on paring down the many memories in Half-Blood Prince to a workable film format. He said, "We're making a decision right now to compress those a wee bit, but we've still got some really cool ones. We've got, you know, the wonderful thing is seeing Riddle as a child, which is really scary, and I've found a really interesting kid to play Riddle. I can't tell you who it is yet -- it's early days."

Producer David Heyman later expanded on Yates's comments, saying, "There will be memories, but not as many as there are in the book." When I asked which ones they're cutting, he said, "I can't say that yet because it's still a work in progress. We haven't locked up the script yet."

- There was a picture on IMDB a few weeks ago of a secluded field near a lake with a horse and buggy and some people speculated that this was part of the Gaunt scene but it is unknown.

Hermione's Helping Hand

- Qudditch is back in HBP.

- Ron will play as keeper.

- Cormac Mclaggen is in the film so he might rehearse for the team too like in the book.

Silver and Opals

- Katie Bell and her friend Leanne were casted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7152288.stm

- The rumor is though Yates has already cut them.

- Cho Chang is back for a brief role.
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...91/story.jhtml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Secret Riddle

- Hero Fiennes Tiffin has been casted as Young Tom Riddle in the orphanage.
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=213122

- Stuart Craig has built the Orphanage set confirmed in the HBP sneak peak.

- A young boy has been casted as an orphan in Tom Riddle's orphanage.

- Two red heads not culled form the book have been casted though it is unknown where they will be in the film, I assume it's somewhere in the orphanage.
http://www.hpana.com/news.20081.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix Felicis

-The potion has been confirmed.

- Lavender Brown has been casted and will be played by Jessie Cave.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7093314.stm

- Won Won and Lavender's relationship has been confirmed over and over by many sources and they will kiss many times.

-Hermione's jealousy is confirmed.

- A reliable source on IMDB has leaked a scene from the script about this Quidditch scene and hinted that the lucky potion will be in the film.
Quidditch scene.

RON
C'mon, Harry. We've got a game to
win.

CLOSE UP - QUAFFLE, as it ROCKETS into the AIR...

60 EXT. QUIDDITCH PITCH - DAY

Instantly, Slytherin snatches the Quaffle and rushes en
masse toward Gryffindor's end, weaving and passing with
wicked skill, culminating in a vicious, slicing shot on
goal. Just when it appears it will clear the hoop, Ron
streaks out of nowhere and sends the Quaffle screaming in
the opposite direction. Ginny pauses on her broom, stunned.

GINNY
What's gotten into him?

She glances up at Harry, circling high above and he grins.
Just then, Dean streaks by:

DEAN
Ginny! Let's go!

Instantly, she rolls backwards, jets off and races down her
fellow Chasers. Flying in spread formation, Dean--on the
far wing--starts the Quaffle "up the line" until it lands
in Ginny's hand. Pitching herself into a wide slide to
avoid a PAIR of WHISTLING BLUDGERS, she leans recklessly
off her broom and whips the Quaffle through the goal
untouched.

As the CROWD SCREAMS, Harry eyes the Gryffindor section,
where Luna's LION HAT ROARS, Lavender CLAPS for Ron and
Hermione sits with her arms crossed, a look of supreme
annoyance on her face. Harry grins, jets off.

61 INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMOM ROOM - NIGHT

The room teems with students celebrating Gryffindor's
victory. It feels like Mardi Gras. Or a mosh pit. Or a
riot. And Ron is right smack in the middle of it.

CROWD
Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!

Harry takes his backslaps on the periphery, smiling as he
sips a Butterbeer and enjoys Ron's turn in the spotlight.

HERMIONE
Ron seems to be enjoying himself.

HARRY
Yep. Apparently it's his lucky
day.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/...t/97935921?p=1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Unbreakable Vow

- Slughorn's Dinner party has been confirmed by Emma Watson and has already been filmed.
http://www.emmawatsonofficial.com/#ems/show/293

- Daniel Barnett plays a Hogwarts graduate attending Slughorn's party.

-Wrople the Vampire has been casted.

- Mugglenet confirms: Our friends at DanRadcliffe.com have a new set report online from a Chilean magazine called Wiken. In it, they talk with Dan Radcliffe and speak about several different aspects of Leavesden Studios (where all the Potter films are shot). Of interest to those clamoring for new Half-Blood Prince news, they talk about Horace Slughorn's Christmas party:

Wikén witnessed a scene during a filming day. In it, the new Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Horace Slughorn (played by the British actor Jim Broadbent, known by supporting roles in classic movies such as "Brazil and "Richard the Third"), celebrates a Christmas party in his room for a selected group of students. Slughorn walks from one group to another chatting with his guests, trying to gain his favourite students' favour.

After a second take, the filming team watches the repetition of this scene through some monitors. As the director David Yates leaves the place, he gives some additional instructions. A few meters away, actors and actresses of other scenes wait very focused, seated in white plastic chairs outside the set where scenes are being filmed.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A Very Frosty Christmas

- Percy has been cut.

- According to a reliable source on IMDB, there is a brand new scene after the winter holidays where the burrow is attacked.

The Fight Surrounding The Burrow

Without hesitation, she races for the reeds.

84 EXT. REEDS (SURROUNDING BURROW) - MOMENTS LATER - NIGHT

Harry careens through the marsh, reeds flashing past, then
spies Bellatrix. She GRINS, looking like a crazed wood
nymph, then flits off, her LAUGHTER mocking him. As he
pursues, FIRE SNAKES through the reeds toward him.

NEW ANGLE

Fred, George, Ron and Arthur fan out, running full-out,
their feet kicking up SPARKS as SHADOWS splinter throughout
the reeds. It's like chasing ghosts.

NEW ANGLE(S)

Ginny, copper hair gleaming, races through the reeds.

Bellatrix leads Harry on, grinning madly.

Ginny comes dashing to a halt, chest heaving as she peers
into the smoking marsh. A HUGE FIGURE QUIVERS through a
veil of smoke. Ginny's eyes SHIFT, see Bellatrix racing
forward through the reeds, then SHIFT back as the veil of
smoke evaporates, reveals...Greyback. Bellatrix makes an
ODD, CLICKING noise--like a signal--and Greyback edges
forward, sweeping away the reeds in front of him and
revealing...

...Harry as he pelts forward.

GINNY
No, Harry! It's a trap!

Harry falters, looking toward Ginny's voice and spies
Greyback. Bellatrix stops dead, wheels in her tracks and,
seeing Ginny, SHRIEKS with RAGE. Raising her wand, she
fires a BOLT of RED LIGHT which explodes in a SHOWER of
SPARKS around Ginny. Ginny fires back, then wheels away,
flashing through the reeds coming face to face with...

Greyback, sharp teeth glittering.

GREYBACK
Don't you smell clean.

Just then, a BOLT OF BLUE bursts off Greyback's back and he
turns, sees Harry standing several yards off. As Greyback
gives chase, Ginny pelts after and we CUT back and forth
between Harry, Ginny and the beast between them, faster and
faster, their BREATHS shortening until...

Greyback rushes into a clearing, panting, glancing about.

Just then, TWIN BOLTS of light blast from opposite sides of
the clearing and Greyback is lifted in the air, slammed to
the ground. As he regains his feet he looks into the reeds
and sees Harry and Ginny, wands poised. He grins...when
Bellatrix's odd, CLICKING signal carries through the night
once again. Turning away, he exits.

Harry and Ginny slowly step out of the reeds, stare at each
other wordlessly. Then...Ron, Fred, George, Arthur and
Lupin come thrashing into the clearing, stop. All around
them, the reeds SMOKE, the flames dying. Across the marsh,
Bellatrix's cackle rises briefly on the air--then all is
quiet.

HERMIONE (O.S.)
You're lucky you weren't killed.

- Snitch.com reports there will be a scene where harry is rescued from a burning building and it might be during this scene.

85 INT. CORRIDOR/HOGWARTS CASTLE - SAME TIME - DAY

Hermione reads the Daily Prophet as she walks alongside
Harry. The HEADLINE is GLOOMY: `MORE DISAPPEARANCES.`

HERMIONE
You have to realize who you are,
Harry.

HARRY
(sharply)
I know who I am, Hermione,
alright?
(frowning)
Sorry.

HERMIONE
So tell me what Arthur said.

HARRY
If Dumbledore's travelling places,
it's news to the Ministry. But
get this: that night at Borgin &
Burkes? It seems Draco was
looking at a Vanishing Cabinet.

HERMIONE
What would Draco want with a
Vanishing Cabinet?

HARRY
You tell me.

Hermione frowns, pondering this. Then:

HERMIONE
He looks different, don't you
think? Draco. Almost...ill.

HARRY
Who could tell the difference?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/board/nest/97935921?p=1"]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/...t/97935921?p=1[/url]

-------------------------------------------

A Sluggish Memory

- Dan confirms the tragedy of Horace Slughorn will outweigh the comedy. He also confirms that the scene where Harry tries to get the fake memory is being filmed.
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/12...potion-master/

LAVENDER BROWN
That's my Won-Won.

HERMIONE
Excuse me, I have to go vomit.

As Hermione exits, Harry spies Ginny, in an alcove, sitting
by as Dean laughs with SEAMUS. Looking up, she sees Harry,
gives a feeble wave. He waves back. CUT TO:

86 INT. DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE - NIGHT

HARRY'S FACE PLUNGING INTO WATER, BREAKING THE SURFACE...

87 INT. SLUGHORN'S OFFICE/YEARS PAST - NIGHT

We emerge from the CRACKLING EMBERS of a FIREPLACE. A much
younger--and more smartly dressed--Slughorn probes a dish
of CRYSTALLIZED PINEAPPLE as he holds court before 16-YEAR-
OLD TOM RIDDLE and five other BOYS. The CRYSTAL HOURGLASS
sits on a side table.

TOM RIDDLE
Sir, is it true that Professor Merrythought is retiring?

Slughorn chuckles, wags a sugar-encrusted finger at Riddle.

SLUGHORN
Now, Tom, I couldn't tell you if
I knew, could I? I must say,
m'boy, I'd like to know where you
get your informatoion. More
knowledgable than half the staff,
you are.
(as the other boys laugh)
By the way, thank you for the
pineapple--you're quite right, it
is my favourite--how is it you
knew?

TOM RIDDLE
Intuition.

Riddle smiles but his expression suggests intuition had
nothing to do with it. Slughorn chuckles uneasily.

SLUGHORN
Good gracious, look at the time.
Off you go, boys, or Professor
Dippett will have us all in
detention. Lestrange, Avery,
don't forget your essays...

As the others file out, Slughorn busies himself with some
papers when--Ping!--he turns, finds Riddle still there,
standing by the crystal hourglass.

SLUGHORN
Look sharp, Tom. You don't want
to be caught out of bed after
hours...

TOM RIDDLE
I know a secret shortcut or two.

SLUGHORN
Yes, I imagine you do. Something
on your mind, Tom?

TOM RIDDLE
Yes sir. I couldn't think of
anyone else to go to. The other
Professors, well, they're not
like you. They
might...misunderstand.

SLUGHORN
Go on.

Riddle slips off the RING on his left hand, begins to roll
it between his fingers. It is set with a BLACK STONE.

TOM RIDDLE
I was in the library the other
night, in the Restricted section,
and I read something rather odd,
about a bit of rare magic, and I
thought perhaps you could
illuminate me...

Suddenly a DENSE FOG engulfs the room and SLUGHORN'S VOICE
twists into an ANGRY SHRIEK:

SLUGHORN
I don't know anything about such
things and I wouldn't tell you if
I did! Now get out of here at
once and don't ever let me catch
you mentioning it again!

The FOG grows thicker and...

88 INT. DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE - NIGHT

...CAMERA emerges from the swirling Pensieve. Harry blinks,
finds Dumbledore studying him from across the room.

DUMBLEDORE
Confused? I would be surprised if
you weren't.

---------------------------------------------

Birthday Surprises

- Confirmed by the official plot outline that Ron will eat Vane's chocolate cakes spiked with love potion.

- Ron will be poisoned.

- Lavender will ask Madam Pomfrey if Ron is alright.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Elf Tails

- It is unknown whether Dobby of Kreacher will be in this film.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Voldemort's Request

- It is most likely Hepzibah Smith is cut though there is yet no word about her or her casting.

- Frank Dillane will play teenage Riddle though it is unknown if the scene where Voldemort asks for a job will be in the film.

The Unknowable Room

- Two girls have casted whose characters last names are Carrows. It remains a mystery what role they will play though the rumor is these are the girls Crabbe and Goyle will transform into when they take the polyjuice potion.

- Harry will tail Malfoy with the Marauder's Map and discover he is using the Room of requirement. Confirmed by the first still from the movie where Harry is holding the map.

-The rumor is instead of Dobby, Ginny will help Harry tail Malfoy.

- According to the same source on IMDB, there will be a scene where Malfoy is testing the Vanishing Cabinet by putting apples inside it.

-------------------------------------------------------

After the Burial

- There is absolutely no word about this scene though as stated before Dan has commented that the tragedy of Horace Slughorn is a big factor in the film.

-Hagrid' Hut has been built.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Horocruxes

- A scene where Harry talks with Dumbledore about Horocruxes was filmed and confirmed by the sneak peak:

HARRY
"So if you find them all, if you destroy each horocrux..."

DUMBLEDORE
"One kills Voldemort."

- The same reliable source on IMDB has leaked a page from the script about this scene:

DUMBLEDORE
How is he? Horace?

Harry shrugs. Dumbledore nods, then tips his hand. A LONG
strand hangs suspended like glass. A pearl forms...and as
it hangs...Harry's eyes shift, notice a DRAWING on
Dumbledore's desk, one of Tom Riddle's drawings seen at the
orphanage, of the CAVE and the distinct OUTCROPPING.
Then...the pearl drops.

116 INT. SLUGHORN'S OFFICE/YEARS PAST - NIGHT

As before. The CRACKLING EMBERS of the FIRE. Slughorn, a
circle of six. Riddle commanding the room.

TOM RIDDLE
Sir, is it true that Professor
Merrythought is retiring?

Slughorn chuckles, wags a sugar-encrusted finger at Riddle.

SLUGHORN
Now, Tom, I couldn't tell you if
I knew, could I? I must say,
m'boy, I'd like to know where you
get your informatoion. More
knowledgable than half the staff,
you are.
(as the other boys laugh)
By the way, thank you for the
pineapple--you're quite right, it
is my favourite--how is it you
knew?

TOM RIDDLE
Intuition.

Riddle smiles but his expression suggests intuition had
nothing to do with it. Slughorn chuckles uneasily.

SLUGHORN
Good gracious, look at the time.
Off you go, boys, or Professor
Dippett will have us all in
detention. Lestrange, Avery,
don't forget your essays...

As the others file out, Slughorn busies himself with some
papers when--Ping!--he turns, finds Riddle still there,
standing by the crystal hourglass.

SLUGHORN
Look sharp, Tom. You don't want
to be caught out of bed after
hours...

TOM RIDDLE
I know a secret shortcut or two.

SLUGHORN
Yes, I imagine you do. Something
on your mind, Tom?

TOM RIDDLE
Yes sir. I couldn't think of
anyone else to go to. The other
Professors, well, they're not
like you. They
might...misunderstand.

SLUGHORN
Go on.

Riddle slips off the RING on his left hand, begins to roll
it between his fingers. It is set with a BLACK STONE.

TOM RIDDLE
I was in the library the other
night, in the Restricted section,
and I read something rather odd,
about a bit of rare magic, and I
thought perhaps you could
illuminate me. It's called, as I
understand it...a Horcrux.

Slughorn's weak smile evaporates altogether.

SLUGHORN
Excuse me?

TOM RIDDLE
Horcrux. I came across the term
while reading and I didn't fully
understand it.

SLUGHORN
I'm not sure what you were
reading, Tom, but that's very
Dark stuff, very Dark indeed.

TOM RIDDLE
Yes sir. Which is why I came to
you. I mean no disrespect to the
rest of the staff, but I thought
if anyone could tell me...it
would be you.

Slughorn frowns, clearly disturbed, then speaks quietly.

SLUGHORN
A horcrux is an object in which a
person has concealed part of
their soul.

TOM RIDDLE
Yes, I thought it might be
something like that. But I don't
understand how that works, sir.

SLUGHORN
One splits one's soul and hides
part of it in an object. By doing
so, you are protected should you
be attacked and your body
destroyed.

TOM RIDDLE
Protected?

SLUGHORN
That part of your soul that was
hidden, lives on. In other words,
you cannot die.

Riddle nods and TURNS AWAY, staring at himself in the
MIRROR on the wall opposite. A hint of RED glints in his
eyes.

TOM RIDDLE
How does one split his soul, sir?

SLUGHORN
I think you can guess the answer
to that, Tom.

TOM RIDDLE
Murder.

SLUGHORN
Yes. Killing rips the soul apart.
It is a violation against nature.
After, one is never the same.

TOM RIDDLE
Out of curiosity, sir--can you
only split your soul once? For
instance, isn't seven the most
powerfully magical number--

SLUGHORN
Seven! Merlin's beard, Tom! Isn't
it bad enough to think of killing
one person? To rip the soul into
seven pieces...
(stopping; worried)
This is all hypothetical, isn't
it, Tom? All academic...

TOM RIDDLE
Of course, sir. And I promise
I'll not speak of our
converstaion. It'll be our little
secret...

Riddle reaches out then and pinches the FLAME of a candle,
killing it. As SMOKE RISES, we DISSOLVE into...

117 INT. DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE - SAME TIME - NIGHT

...the surface of the Pensieve, where Riddle quivers. We
RACK FOCUS and Dumbledore's troubled face bleeds through
Riddle's.

HARRY
Sir--

Dumbledore holds up his withered hand, silencing him, turns
away. Harry studies him, waiting, the hush palpable.

DUMBLEDORE
(haunted)
This is beyond anything I
imagined. In my life I have seen
things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will
see worse.

Dumbledore looks off, his eyes distant. Harry watches him
intently, as do the HEADMASTERS in their frames above.
Finally, tentatively, Harry speaks.

HARRY
Do you mean to say he succeeded,
sir? In making a Horcrux?

DUMBLEDORE
Oh he succeeded. And not just
once. Think, Harry. He's just
told us.

HARRY
Seven. He made seven--the most
powerfully magical number.
But...what are they exactly?

DUMBLEDORE
They can be anything. The most
commonplace of objects. A ring,
for example. Or a book...

Dumbledore slides open a drawer, removes the RING and Tom
Riddle's battered DIARY.

HARRY
Tom Riddle's diary--

DUMBLEDORE
It's a Horcrux, yes. Four years
ago, when you saved Ginny
Weasley's life in the Chamber of
Secrets, when you brought me this--
(holding up the diary)
I knew. This was a different kind
of magic. Very dark. Very
powerful. But until tonight I
had no idea just how powerful...

HARRY
And the ring...?

DUMBLEDORE
Belonged to Voldemort's mother.
It was difficult to find and...
(raising his damaged
hand)
...even more difficult to
destroy.

HARRY
But if you could find them all.
If you did destroy each
Horcrux...

DUMBLEDORE
One destroys Voldemort.

Harry begins to reach out for the ring...

HARRY
But how would you find them? They
could be hidden anywhere,
couldn't they...

DUMBLEDORE
True. But magic, especially Dark
magic...

Just then, as the flesh of Harry's fingers make contact
with the ring, IMAGES FLASH by in DIZZYING succession:
VOLDEMORT'S FACE, twisted in pain. A DERELICT HOUSE, deep
in a haunted clearing. An ANCIENT CUP, gleaming as it
tumbles from an old woman's hand. A SNAKE (NAGINI)
slithering through damp grass. Dumbledore slipping the ring
onto his finger, recoiling as his skin decays...

DUMBLEDORE (CONT'D)
...leaves traces.

Harry's clenched hand SPASMS, RELEASES. The ring skitters
across Dumbledore's desk and Harry brings a hand to his
chest, a look of bewilderment on his face. Dumbledore
watches the ring spin down, then glances at Harry and
slowly extends his own hand, lightly touching the center of
Harry's chest with the tips of two ashen fingers, as if
reading braille, as if he can somehow "see" into Harry's
heart. Trepidation--and recognition--flicker over his face.
He looks up, meets Harry's eyes.

HARRY
It's where you've been going,
isn't it, sir? When you leave the
school.

Harry's eyes drift once again to the postcard on the desk.
Dumbledore withdraws his hand, nodding, still studying
Harry oddly, his voice, when it comes, distant.

DUMBLEDORE
Yes. I think...perhaps...I
may have found another. But this
time I cannot hope to destroy it
alone.

Harry peers into Dumbledore's eyes. Dumbledore nods.

DUMBLEDORE
Once again, I shall ask too much
of you.

118 INT./EXT. GARGOYLE CORRIDOR - LATE DAY

Harry stands at a window, looking out. He brings his
fingers to his chest again when...Hermione comes up behind
him.

HERMIONE
Harry. It's time.

119 INT./EXT. COURTYARD - MOMENTS LATER - LATE DAY

Harry, Hermione and Ron walk.

HARRY
Hermione, is the Room of
Requirement unplottable?

HERMIONE
If one wants it to be. Why?

HARRY
It would explain why I thought
Malfoy was leaving the castle
when he disappeared off the Map.
He was going to the Room of
Requirement.

HERMIONE
Of course, and that explains the
Vanishing Cabinet as well!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/...t/97935921?p=2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sectumsempra

-The shot where Harry enters the ROR to hide his potions book was seen in the sneak peak so we assume Sectumsempra is in.

- The rumor is that Ginny will hide the book for him and then when they go to retrieve it, Harry and Ginny have their kiss alone in the ROR next to the Vanishing cabinet.

-Rumor is the scene has been filmed and Dan has alot of blood on his face. Alan Rickman was in the scene he shouts out his lines form the book saying how he underestimated Potter and would never have expected such dark magic from him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seer Overheard

- No word on Emma Thompson returning as Trelawny.

- The rumor is that the bit where Harry retrieves his book from the ROR that Ginny hid for him will be moved to this section right before Harry leaves for the cave, he wants to bring along his potions textbook just in case so Ginny takes him to the ROR and this is when they have their farewell kiss where Ginny worriedly backs away as glimpsed in the HBP sneak peak.

-------------------------------------------

The Cave

-Shots of Michal Gambon in the interior Cave set have been glimpsed in the HBP sneak peak with his hair down and Yates is directing him how to drink the potion or how to pull up the invisible chain and pull the boat out of the water.

- David Yates speaks of an 'Army of the Dead' in this interview:
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...od-prince-film

- The exterior Cave scenes are to be filmed at Cape Wraith.

- A scene with Voldemort at his death eaters were filmed at night but it remains unknown where this scene will be.
http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news...er_filming.php

The Lightning Struck Tower

- Fernir Greyback and Amycus Carrow have been casted.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...f-blood-prince

- Lord John Paul Castrianni has been casted as a death Eater (presumably Yaxley).

He says that it was a "great experience" and that he got to keep his wand.

- Stuart Craig has confirmed he built the Astronomy Tower set and says the scene is going to be powerful.

-Rumor is we will see the Death Eaters coming out of the cabinet.

Flight of the Prince

- Lord John Paul Castrianni who plays a death eater has confirmed the Battle of Hogwarts:

"I was involved with the invasion of Hogwarts (not so much an invasion, more a skirmish) in which several Death Eaters try to infiltrate Hogwarts in order to find Dumbledore."

- Greyback will attack Harry here as in the book.

-----------------------------------------------

The Phoenix Lament

- There is nothing known about this scene yet.

-----------------------------------

The White Tomb

- Mad Eye Moody has been cut and will not appear in this scene.

--------------------------------------------------

THE END

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. As I said, there's not much since last month but I posted it for newcomers and so it's in the new version of the thread.

I hope you enjoy.

NOTE: Keep in mind, this just might be the last version of the list before the trailer. I expect we will be getting truckloads of information in May so stay tuned for the next edition! There is many more to come, my friends.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; April 21st, 2008 at 10:26 pm.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:19 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Welcome to the fourth edition of my HBP list! Another month gone and we are now closer and closer than ever before to this exciting event; We are now at the 7 month mark in the countdown for this highly anticipated film and I am here with another update to my list. This list compiles everything we've heard about this film thus far from official announcements to set leaks to news stories to rumors. I started this list three months ago and will keep it going once a month around the 21st to accommodate the countdown to the Half-Blood Prince. Please note that it is still very early and there are still many things unknown. This list is a tribute to all the good times I've had in this thread and all the good friends I've made over the past 8 months and all the great discussions. This list is so we can have a reference and keep track of all the news in one place. I hope I've been of help to HBP junkies. DISCLAIMER:. I may have made some mistakes or missed something and I would appreciate it if someone could call out the mistakes and I will fix them. I hope you enjoy!

Ladies and Gentlemen
I now present to you:

Harry Potter
and the
Half-Blood Prince
As of April 21 2008
Thanks Master!!!

It's great to have this to refer to and especially considering your last one's seem to be getting lost on previous versions of this thread

Old April 21st, 2008, 10:28 pm
Second Year

The Leaky Cauldron reports that Gentle Giant has revealed a bust of Ron in his Quidditch uniform as a sneak peek into their HBP film line at the NYC Comic Con.

Feedback

Vote here for who you think should be the next UK Minister for Magic.

Hermione/Neville for MOM '08!!!
Commitment, Competence, Compassion! (our spotlight thread)
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:52 pm
Secret Keeper

Hey guys and gals,

I just checked HarryPotterForum and what do you know SCOOP (the same informant) posted about Cave scene pick-ups just 2 min. ago!!!

Since it's the Cave, I figured I'd wrap it in SPOILER tags, oh there's also a bit about the Horcrux memory:

Unfortunatly, their phones were confiscated again so no pics!

Spoiler: show
SCOOP Time2 minutes ago

2 more scenes filmed today.

i arrived on set, again everyones phones were confiscated.

The biggest sound stage had been transformed over the weekend into the cave set for the climax of the film.

There was a huge rocky wall with a crevase sticking out into the lake. There was a small boat docked into the rocks and on the raised rocks there was a stalegtite with a font sticking out from it. There was a greenish glow coming from the bowl.

The scene was shot on a crane camera and showed Dumbledore drinking water from the font! He was screaming 'Kill me' and 'no More' but Harry just kept feeding him the water. Then they cut and did another set up.

They got massive wind machines and blasted Harry. Dumbledore was slumped against the font and Harry was firing spells from his wand. It kind of reminded me of when they were filming the veil for film5. The camera was zooming in and out and craning everywere. Then Harry picked him up and Dumbledore was leaning on Harry. Most of the dialogue was inaudible because of the wind machines.

On another stage in the afternoon Jim Broadbent was kitted up in a fez and jacket for a scene with the actor playing the young Tom riddle. They were discussing Horcruxes.

Slughorn had big rosy cheeks and his big warus moustach and he was eating sweets that Tom had brought him from a little tin.

Tom Riddle was saying he'd been reading a book from the restricted section of the school library. Slughorn was saying that he was 'clever than most of the staff in the school'
Then Tom mentioned Horcruxes and Slughorn looked flustered and angry and chased him away. It was a nice little scene and Jim broadbent really captured what Slughorn should be. Hes got a girly little giggle.

Brilliant days shooting.

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 21st, 2008 at 11:00 pm.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:59 pm
Zonko's Employee

....... m-mind if I add this to my list??

This sounds great...I was wondering if they were going to keep Dumbledore begging Harry to KILL HIM!

Wow, this is going to be an INTENSE scene!!

*excited!*

I wonder if one of those 'inaudible dialogs' is the immortal "I am not worried, Harry. I am with you."

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:03 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
....... m-mind if I add this to my list??

This sounds great...I was wondering if they were going to keep Dumbledore begging Harry to KILL HIM!

Wow, this is going to be an INTENSE scene!!

*excited!*

I wonder if one of those 'inaudible dialogs' is the immortal "I am not worried, Harry. I am with you."
Go ahead MoD, are the Spoiler tags neccessary, do you want me to remove them?

I thought you wanted to be kept in the dark about this Master, or was that just the trailer?

Anyways, what's with the Wind Machine???

And too bad he didn't give a description of the INFERI, I wonder if they weren't part of it considering it was just another pick-up

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:06 pm
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Go ahead MoD, are the Spoiler tags neccessary, do you want me to remove them?

I thought you wanted to be kept in the dark about this Master, or was that just the trailer?

Anyways, what's with the Wind Machine???
No, I just don't want to be spoiled about the trailer. The movie in general is fine. I want to go into HBP knowing exactly what is cut and what is not so there's no chance I'll be disappointed which is one of the reasons I make these lists.

I don't know if this needs spoiler tags...some members of the forum might want to remain spoiler-free for the film. You'll have to ask the mods.

In the meanwhile, I'll wait for a while to add this to my list then.

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:09 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Awesome news!

Quote:
And too bad he didn't give a description of the INFERI, I wonder if they weren't part of it considering it was just another pick-up
The INFERI would probably be CG.

Have you noticed SCOOP's repiles?
Quote:
Dumbledores clothes are very different to his usual clothes. They are whiter and he kind of reminded me of saruman from Lord of the rings. David Yates was saying that he wanted Dumbledore to be very vulnerable and the one way to do that visually was to have him in pyjama's almost. Im assuming this was Dumbledores nightware,

Tom Riddle was great
Quote:
no hat for dumbledore. bellatrixes hair is flatter

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:11 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

LC..that thing just gave me goose bumps...

i am actually hiper...the scene sounds good.very good...
It sounds pretty similar to the book...

sighs i a m so exited....

surprisingly swishy
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:14 pm
Second Year

Nice job on getting that LC! Mega-preesh for posting it here!

Man that gave me chills...give us a trailer!!

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:19 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
Awesome news!

The INFERI would probably be CG.

Have you noticed SCOOP's repiles?
Really, CG? I would've thought they'd use real actors/extras and then do some computer modification or make-up

No, I hadn't noticed the replies, what's with Bella, which scene are you talking about? Cant' be the Cave or the Horcruxes

So, think this guy/girl is legit??? It seems that the posts are quite detailed and Scoop's at least been responding to their questions

There have been a lot of bogus posts on that thread though

Oh, and this may be Snape's house, but it's NOT from SCOOP:

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:22 pm
Fourth Year

Dude, LC, that's exciting. I can't wait to see that! I'm not sure what was with the wind machines...maybe the wind from the ocean?
I'm super excited for this movie now!

Master, I was kind of glancing through your list, and I'm still confused as to the point of burning down the burrow...does anyone have a reason for that except for more drama or that nowhere's safe or something dumb like that? I don't know how I feel about this new scene...

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathise with humans whose experiences we have never shared.-JK Rowling
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:27 pm
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Really, CG? I would've thought they'd use real actors/extras and then do some computer modification or make-up
This is only my personal opinion, so don't take it to heart.

Quote:
No, I hadn't noticed the replies, what's with Bella, which scene are you talking about? Cant' be the Cave or the Horcruxes
I'd say he noticed it at Spinner's End. Someone asked about Bellatrixes costume.

Quote:
So, think this guy/girl is legit??? It seems that the posts are quite detailed and Scoop's at least been responding to their questions

There have been a lot of bogus posts on that thread though
I've been trying to re-watch the sneak peek to see if this matches the snippet we saw in there, but youtubes not working.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives