Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Merope Gaunt: Character Analysis

Old May 17th, 2010, 5:49 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Merope Gaunt: Character Analysis

1. Merope was called a squib by her father Marvolo. Do you think that she might have been a real squib or did her father just called her this name as a form of mental abuse?
The latter. Squibs can't cast simple spells, let alone brew a love potion. I think a love potion is pretty advanced magic. It has to be strong so the person falls in love with you, but not too strong that they fall into a vegetative stage or something like that. It needs balance, touch, and skill.
Also, I think Muggle lovers are thought to be as low as Squibs, hence the insult.

2. Falling in love with Tom Riddle Sr proved to be a decisive event in Merope’s life. Via a love potion she manages to "trick" Riddle Sr into marrying her. Later when she is pregnant, she stops feeding him love potion. What could be the reason for stopping with the potion?
I think she thought that if she was pregnant, he'd stay with her.

3. Riddle Sr abandons Merope and she moves to London. Being poor forces her to sell Slytherin's Locket for 10 galleons. She needs the money, but why doesn’t she use magic to provide for food?
She was greatly weakened, magically and emotionally. I imagine a bond like hers and Riddle's wasn't healthy overall. She loved him with her whole heart, so when he left, her world just fell apart. I think the more probable thing is that the magic just sapped out of her.

4. After arriving on the doorstep of the Muggle orphanage Merope dies shortly after giving birth to Tom Riddle Jr. Why does she make the choice to die instead of using her magical abilities to save herself and be a mother to her baby?
I think she wasn't magic anymore.

5. Merope herself was raised in a family that hated 'Mud bloods' and believed in the supremacy of 'Pure bloods'. If she had survived giving birth to her son, would she have raised him in a different way then she has been raised herself?
I think she would. She loved Riddle, who was a Muggle. And I think overall, Merope was a gentle lady, who values love a lot.

6. Could Merope have prevented Voldemort from becoming the most feared wizard alive, if she had lived and loved him?
Yes. Love is the answer, no matter what's the question.

[b]7. To conclude, what is your opinion on Merope's character?
Her story is pretty tragic. I think she is one of the lost and abandoned girls, like Arianna Dumbledore. Too bad she didn't have a refuge at Hogwarts, if she had, things may have turned out quite differently for Merope.

Gryffindor

UnicornSeeker8718 (Pottermore)
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:40 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
I like to think that she flourished during her short time with Tom Riddle, and that it all just withered when he left. I think it's safe to assume she brewed whatever potion she used when her family was not around, or was able to practice the spell if that is what she used, and that in and of itself shows me that she was more than her father thought she was. She did have at least some ability, but it was stifled in the oppressive presence of her brother and father.
What it also shows is that victims of abuse often become victimisers. Merope didn't know better. That doesn't make her actions any less wrong but I can feel sympathy with a woman who never experienced unconditional love from her father and brother and who always thought that magic and affection were somehow connected. Since she couldn't do magic when her tyrannical father was around, she was looked down upon and maltreated.

Old July 16th, 2010, 4:01 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
What it also shows is that victims of abuse often become victimisers. Merope didn't know better. That doesn't make her actions any less wrong but I can feel sympathy with a woman who never experienced unconditional love from her father and brother and who always thought that magic and affection were somehow connected. Since she couldn't do magic when her tyrannical father was around, she was looked down upon and maltreated.
Your first sentence is true. That is why, I think that the orphanage was probably a better home than what Merope could have provided. I think Merope's emotional/mental growth had been stunted by her upbringing and she was probably incapable of raising a child properly.

Old July 16th, 2010, 5:02 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2456 View Post
I think a love potion is pretty advanced magic. It has to be strong so the person falls in love with you, but not too strong that they fall into a vegetative stage or something like that. It needs balance, touch, and skill.
You raise an interesting point with the love potion. We saw how seriously damaging a love potion could be with Romilda's potion in HBP, and I don't think it was coincidence that this was in the same book as Merope's story. I mean, Ron was downright infatuated with Romilda. I can't imagine Merope's love potion was that strong on her husband, but what if it was?

For the record, this topic is totally depressing! Merope really is one of the truly tragic characters of the saga.

Maple and phoenix feather, ten and three-quarter inches, slightly yielding

"It was ... the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but ... there was all the difference in the world."
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

"His grief he will not forget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom."
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Old July 19th, 2010, 6:48 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacen_Solo View Post
You raise an interesting point with the love potion. We saw how seriously damaging a love potion could be with Romilda's potion in HBP, and I don't think it was coincidence that this was in the same book as Merope's story. I mean, Ron was downright infatuated with Romilda. I can't imagine Merope's love potion was that strong on her husband, but what if it was?

For the record, this topic is totally depressing! Merope really is one of the truly tragic characters of the saga.
That is rather freaky. Although I also it's kind of...nasty or something. Imagine Riddle acting the same way towards Merope as Ron did towards Romilda Vane. But then Slughorn said they can strengthen with time.

I know this is off topic, but could Merope read?

Old July 19th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Sixth Year

I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't. Marvolo didn't seem the type who sat down to teach his kids to read and write. I'd say its quite possible that she didn't know how to read. But she would have to read to make the love potion unless she bought the potion from a shop.

Old July 20th, 2010, 11:08 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingie View Post
Your first sentence is true. That is why, I think that the orphanage was probably a better home than what Merope could have provided. I think Merope's emotional/mental growth had been stunted by her upbringing and she was probably incapable of raising a child properly.
It's possible that Merope wouldn't have been able to raise a child properly. Her actions towards Tom Sr. show how stunted her emotional and moral development have been by her upbringing. On the other hand, perhaps she would have doted on her son, and done what she could for him, if she hadn't lost the will to live. Or she may not have been able to take care of him in her depressed state. I wonder, if she had survived her labour, would she have left him behind at the orphanage anyway? According to Mrs Cole, it wasn't an unusual occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian85033 View Post
That is rather freaky. Although I also it's kind of...nasty or something. Imagine Riddle acting the same way towards Merope as Ron did towards Romilda Vane. But then Slughorn said they can strengthen with time.
I think it's likely that Merope used quite a strong love potion on Riddle Sr, considering his actions under its influence. He wasn't in control of his actions, he eloped with a woman he'd barely noticed beforehand, and conceived a child with her, under the influence of a Potion. I think its effects may well have been similar to the potion Ron took, leaving him infatuated with Merope, and willing to do anything for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbrother View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she couldn't. Marvolo didn't seem the type who sat down to teach his kids to read and write. I'd say its quite possible that she didn't know how to read. But she would have to read to make the love potion unless she bought the potion from a shop.
Possibly their mother did, before she died/left. I agree, she'd need to be able to read to brew up the potion. If she was taught at home, rather than at Hogwarts, as seems likely, she could have learned spellwork without having to read the spells, but unless she bought the love potion, she had learned to read.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 4:12 pm
Second Year

1. Merope was called a squib by her father Marvolo. Do you think that she might have been a real squib or did her father just called her this name as a form of mental abuse?

I think she was definately a witch, Marvolo just turned her into a nervous wreck with the way he treated her and it took it's toll on her powers. The fact that she made such a strong love potion shows that she could use magic well when her father and brother weren't screaming insults at her all the time.

2. Falling in love with Tom Riddle Sr proved to be a decisive event in Merope’s life. Via a love potion she manages to "trick" Riddle Sr into marrying her. Later when she is pregnant, she stops feeding him love potion. What could be the reason for stopping with the potion?

I think that she stopped giving him the love potion because she was just a lonely young girl when she first saw him and over the course of their "relationship" she deluded herself into thinking that he loved her like she loved him.

3. Riddle Sr abandons Merope and she moves to London. Being poor forces her to sell Slytherin's Locket for 10 galleons. She needs the money, but why doesn’t she use magic to provide for food?

Well, she couldn't have conjured or transfigured it because JK said that food is an exeption when it comes to magic but I suppose she could have summoned it or something. I think that her depression over Tom Srs abandonment made her lose the will to use magic in the end.

4. After arriving on the doorstep of the Muggle orphanage Merope dies shortly after giving birth to Tom Riddle Jr. Why does she make the choice to die instead of using her magical abilities to save herself and be a mother to her baby?

I think she'd had such a hard life that she'd just given up on herself and didn't want to live anymore - she'd grown up being told that she was worthless and she probably thought her baby would be better off without her.

5. Merope herself was raised in a family that hated 'Mud bloods' and believed in the supremacy of 'Pure bloods'. If she had survived giving birth to her son, would she have raised him in a different way then she has been raised herself?

I think she would have definately raised him differently - if she agreed with her family's pure-blood mania then she would have saw Tom Riddle as being a lower-status and she would never have fallen for him. I think she would have made sure her baby knew that his father was a Muggle and that there was nothing wrong with that.
I think she would have raised him in a more loving way as well because she was raised by a father who couldn't care less about her and she had a terrible life because of it - I think she would have wanted something alot different for her son.

6. Could Merope have prevented Voldemort from becoming the most feared wizard alive, if she had lived and loved him?

I think so. I think he would have always been a strange child because he must have always had it in him and he would have still felt abandoned by his father. I don't think he would have gone to extremes he ended up going to though because he would have known what love was through his mother and so would have been less able to committ such heartless crimes.

7. To conclude, what is your opinion on Merope's character?

I think Merope's character is tragic - she shows what can happen to people who are lonely and neglected by their families and it's just awful that she died in such a tragic way - young and alone.

That's a really good point.

"if you attempt to - er - 'bring me in by force', I will have to hurt you" - Albus Dumbledore.

"We could have all been killed - or worse, expelled." - Hermione Granger.

"Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have." - Hermione Granger

"Every child in our world will know his name!" - Minerva McGonagall

Proud RAVENCLAW.
Old April 6th, 2011, 3:22 am
Second Year

I feel like sometimes people judge this poor girl too harshly. She was tired, weak, probably undernourished, and pregnant. She had nowhere to go for help, she certainly could not go home to her abusive family. At the time in history, there was probably not much help available to a single parent, no matter what the circumstances.

She was never made to feel she was of any value to anyone. I don't think she was very experienced with the way normal people interact with each other, look at her family! She was not worldly wise, we see how she was taken advantage of when she finally gave in and sold her locket!

Give the girl a break! Maybe, just maybe, she could have tried harder to live, but maybe she did. She was human, she was tired and sick. And she died. I don't think she wanted to.

Old April 10th, 2011, 3:51 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimeldaDursley View Post
I feel like sometimes people judge this poor girl too harshly. She was tired, weak, probably undernourished, and pregnant. She had nowhere to go for help, she certainly could not go home to her abusive family. At the time in history, there was probably not much help available to a single parent, no matter what the circumstances.

She was never made to feel she was of any value to anyone. I don't think she was very experienced with the way normal people interact with each other, look at her family! She was not worldly wise, we see how she was taken advantage of when she finally gave in and sold her locket!

Give the girl a break! Maybe, just maybe, she could have tried harder to live, but maybe she did. She was human, she was tired and sick. And she died. I don't think she wanted to.
Well said!

I find Merope the saddest character in the books. Abused by her family, abandoned by the man she loved, alone in London, penniless, pregnant, desperate, depressed and quite without hope. Poor girl. She could only have been about 19/20. If she could have cared about her baby it might have given her a reason to try to live but my feeling is that she was beyond caring by the time Tom was born. Where could she have lived with him? How could she have maintained him? I can't imagine she could see any way out of the position she was in.

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Old April 10th, 2011, 4:19 pm
I want to believe

Though I feel bad for Merope too, she is somewhat to blame for the situation she got herself in. I am referring to her choice to use the love potion on Tom Sr. If she hadn't done that, she wouldn't have ended up with Riddle, but there's a chance she could have ended up with someone who loved her and borne a child conceived in love rather than ending up alone and pregnant with a baby conceived in deception. I have complete and total sympathy for the abuse Merope suffered at the hands of her family, but that didn't give her the right to abuse someone else's free will and essentially enslave them like that. I also don't think Merope specifically chose to die, though I do think she lost the will to live and so didn't do much of anything to prevent herself from dying. It would have been interesting if Merope had waited to stop giving her husband love potion until after the baby was born, but she seemed to think that once they had a baby together this would cement their relationship and she wouldn't need the love potion anymore. I'm not sure Voldemort would necessarily have turned out differently, but that's a topic for another thread.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old April 11th, 2011, 2:11 am
Second Year

You know, I wonder why she "set her cap" for the haughty snobbish Tom Riddle. True, we know he was nice to look at, but seems to have no other redeeming qualities, even in the story it is stated quite a few times what a snob he and his whole family were. Then I thought, well, I wonder how many other people, magical or otherwise, did she ever get the opportunity to interact with. Probably few to none for Muggles due to her father and brother's hatred of them, and probably just as few witches or wizards, as the males in her family were predjudiced against anybody but purebloods, and probably not many self respecting purebloods would want to have anything to do with them, as Marvolo and Morfin were both seriously cracked if you ask me! We don't even know if Merope and Morfin were even allowed to attend Hogwarts, it's not mandatory, you know. Heck, I wonder if any of that family could read or write?

So we have this girl in a desparate situation, who probably secretly dreams about getting out of there, and becomes obsessed with only other person she can see from her window, the Muggle Tom Riddle. Perhaps he encountered her one day and was courteous to her, and that made it worse. She is intelligent enough to know she will never get him without help, so she uses a love potion. She also has conscience enough to know that it's not right, so she stops giving it to him and hopes for the best, which does not happen. She probably mistakenly thinks that if she dies, the Riddles would seek out Tom's child and find him.

I'll "shut up" now! Just a very sad, tragic story, Merope.

Old April 11th, 2011, 11:39 am
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
I have complete and total sympathy for the abuse Merope suffered at the hands of her family, but that didn't give her the right to abuse someone else's free will and essentially enslave them like that.
While this is true she never learnt what it means to love and to be loved. She was told that she was worthless and stupid all her life, so her opinion of herself was understandably low. The one thing Merope knew was that that magic meant power and that having it would give her things she desired. Of course it was morally wrong but the question is where she could have got her moral compass. From her father? Her brother?

Old April 13th, 2011, 9:35 pm
Oracle Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriath View Post
While this is true she never learnt what it means to love and to be loved. She was told that she was worthless and stupid all her life, so her opinion of herself was understandably low. The one thing Merope knew was that that magic meant power and that having it would give her things she desired. Of course it was morally wrong but the question is where she could have got her moral compass. From her father? Her brother?
I do think she had a little more moral values than her father or brother, for she didn't use the magic to cause harm to anyone, except give a person another person's life for a few years, which might sound heinous if you see it as taking away a few years from a person's life, but during that period Tom Riddle wasn't unhappy as such or physically harmed, and he simply wasn't entirely himself. On the other hand his family members were way more conceited that she was. IMO she had seen so much worse come out of magic that she simply used it to do some good for herself. It might not be a noble gesture and an entirely selfish one but not so bad after all.

Old April 13th, 2011, 10:22 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious View Post
I do think she had a little more moral values than her father or brother, for she didn't use the magic to cause harm to anyone, except give a person another person's life for a few years, which might sound heinous if you see it as taking away a few years from a person's life, but during that period Tom Riddle wasn't unhappy as such or physically harmed, and he simply wasn't entirely himself. On the other hand his family members were way more conceited that she was. IMO she had seen so much worse come out of magic that she simply used it to do some good for herself. It might not be a noble gesture and an entirely selfish one but not so bad after all.
I think she did harm Riddle Sr. - she took away his free will. HBP showed what Ron became under the influence of a strong love potion - turning a person into someone mindless to adore the potion-giver like that is harming them, IMO. He was forced into a relationship he did not choose, and while he and his parents were arrogant and unpleasant, according to village opinion, that doesn't come close to what Merope did to him, IMO.

I think the way Marvolo treated Merope was cruel and destructive, but I think her actions towards Riddle perpetuated that kind of behaviour - his feelings and wishes were irrelevant. With that in mind, I think it is very understandable that he left when he was once again able to act of his own volition, rather than as someone controlled and forced by a love potion.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:28 pm
First Year

I don't believe Merope was a squib. I feel like her father valued females as worth less than male, and when Merope turned out to be somewhat homely (I would assume, but she was also practically starved and incredibly filthy when we, the readers, encounter her), therefore useless as a pawn to use to seduce someone for further gain, and scared of her father thus clumsy and unfocused (not that I blame her at all) he wrote her off as a nothing and proceeded to make sure she knew the way he felt about her. In her living conditions I doubt many witches or wizards would have been able to truly master their magical powers.

Firstly, I don't think she was truly in love with Riddle Sr. I think she was in love with the idea he represented; freedom, family that adores you, wealth, etc. When she started feeding Riddle the love potion I think at first the way she was being treated (like she was the best/only thing that mattered to Riddle) was such a turn around that she was almost addicted to it. Her entire life she was treated as a nothing, and when faced with the idea that someone could actually tell her positive things about herself she was overwhelmed with the possibilities available. I believe she stopped giving Riddle the love potion because as she became more...sound of mind (I can't think of a better way to put it really) she came to see that everything Riddle said or did to/for her wasn't really how he felt. I think she remembered the way Riddle treated her and her family just in passing and hoped that maybe if she stopped giving him the potion he might realize that he could love her, but at the same time I'm sure she knew he would end up leaving. I think she saw in the life he now had something similar to how she grew up (no freedom) and realized what she had done.

I don't think she trusted herself to use magic after what she did to Riddle.

Having heard all her life what a horrible person she was, then realizing that she used magic and her powers to take years away from a man's life and basically keep him a prisoner, I don't think that she would have believed she could care for her child in the best way possible. I'm sure she thought that someone would want to adopt Tom Riddle Jr. as a baby and would raise him better than she thought she could.

I do think so, but only if she could overcome the abuse she was put through. She may have physically overcome it but I don't think she ever really mentally or emotionally overcame it.

It's possible, but remember even as a baby Voldemort was considered "odd." It is noted, however, that most magically gifted children don't cry as babies, but already staff of the orphanage were questioning whether or not he was normal. I think that the circumstances in which he was born (his father under the coercion of a love potion) could have affected his genetics. Now, perhaps that's far-fetched, but why couldn't that be possible too? We never really see any other situation that's similar to this in the series. There are people in the muggle world that are born with chemical imbalances that predispose them to violence if all the environmental factors are right. I think that had Merope lived and truly loved him that it is possible he wouldn't have grown up to be the man he was, but I think that she would have always seen him as a result of a series mistake she made in enslaving his father.

She did what she could in horrible circumstances. I think that she was forced to cope with things many people shouldn't have to cope with, but she also made poor decisions.Unfortunately some of those decisions could have led to some very dire consequences for all the wizarding world, but hindsight is ever perfect. I think that every person makes their own choices whether or not they are prepared to do so. Merope was very mentally and emotionally conflicted. I doubt she had any self esteem worth mentioning and I doubt she viewed herself to be as worthwhile as other people in the world.

Old July 15th, 2011, 1:03 pm
First Year

She managed to mix a love potion so I'm pretty sure she was not a Squib. She might not have been a very talented witch but as we see in Ogden's memory this is partly due to the abuse she had to endure.

I think I have to agree with Dumbledore here. She probably hoped that he had truly fallen in love with her or couldn't bear the thought of having tricked him into a marriage anymore. She did after all in a way rape him. Maybe she was feeling guilty and wanted to set things right.

I can only assume that she was weakened by her loss and her heartbreak or she really just wasn't a very talented witch. If we think back to DH the trio also had difficulty finding food. It can't be conjured out of thin air for example.

She was definitely a victim of her family, her father and her brother in particular but also the Gaunt's inbreeding and views on pureblood supremacy. Her tragedy stems from the fact that she herself much like her son was never loved or respected and I doubt that she would have been a caring and considerate mother. Even if she had lived to raise her son, she could never have been the mother Lily was and I believe this is the essential point. Tom Riddle never really had a chance with that family of his.
As horrible as it was of Merope to trick Tom Riddle Sr. into marrying her, she did it out of desperation and because I think she for once in her life wanted to feel close to someone.

There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

Edith Wharton
Old November 22nd, 2011, 11:54 pm
First Year

My impression is that Squib could be used as a meaningless cuss word like calling someone an able bodied person "cripple" in the muggle world if they appear clumsy.

[staff edit] And Dumbledore makes it clear that it was exactly as bad as using the Imperius curse to the same end would have been. For the record, if treated that way by a gruesome witch like Merope, I would consider it even more ignominious and disgusting than being kept a prisoner by a deviant wizard and would only want to die after the ordeal was over. Perhaps she finally, belatedly repented. A year too late.

Clearly she was mad from the very beginning. Perhaps she reached a stage in her mental decay which affected her magic powers. Or Dumbledore suggested she lost her powers due to a sense of despair.

See question 3.

Different I would guess, but not necessarily better.

No, the only way she would have made him turn out differently would be by teaching him to be a deviant like herself, on top of all his canon qualities.

I won't go into too much detail, we must avoid character bashing, but she was more horrifying than Voldemort was, make no mistake about that.

Last edited by Melaszka; November 23rd, 2011 at 2:30 pm. Reason: Owl pending
Old November 23rd, 2011, 4:42 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't agree. I think Merope was misguided, foolish and certainly not "horrifying". If the love potion she used was a mild one (think Molly made one when she went to school, also Fred and George made love potions), then I think it would not last as long as it did. I think Merope might have had difficulty getting the proper ingredients to make the love potion and that's why she stopped giving it to Tom, Sr.
As to why she didn't use magic to get food, food cannot be produce out of thin air by magic. What type of work could she do to earn money to buy food? We really don't have enough back story on her to see what happened to her. All we know is what was in the memories of Dumbldore, when he visited Mrs. Cole.
I am not sure if she could have prevented Tom, Jr. from becoming the most feared wizard alive. She didn't come from a very warm and nurturing home. We also know that insanity ran in the Gaunt family. I would have a hard time not feeling sorry for her, and even Tom, Jr.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm
I want to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I think Merope might have had difficulty getting the proper ingredients to make the love potion and that's why she stopped giving it to Tom, Sr.
I thought it said somewhere in the books that Merope stopped giving her husband the love potion once she became pregnant with his child. I think at that point, she stopped the deception because she figured (erroneously) that he would be able to love her on his own without the aid of the love potion once they had a child together.

I also don't find Merope to be a "horrifying" person, though I agree she did a horrifying, inexcusable thing. There is a certain amount of sympathy I feel for her situation before she did the whole love potion thing - after she did that, my sympathy for her pretty much disappeared.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies