Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old February 13th, 2010, 7:01 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollman95 View Post
A few weeks ago, I began writing a DH script for a school writing project.
I turned it in clocking at 67 pages (up until the end of the wedding) and I thought I might as well share it here.
I'd love some feedback even though I probably won't be finishing it. I want to try writing a script for GoF which was, in my opinion, the weakest screenplay in the movies.

You can find it here.
I can't get at your script, sorry.

And I think that 68 pages to the wedding is a tad too long, especially if you angling for a 1-part film. A 'normal film' is about 120 pages, however, some HP scripts reach 160 pages. 67 pages only a few chapters in is bad

I agree that GoF didn't have the best script. However, I think that it'd be really difficult when/if I script that one, I'd set a limit of 200 pages rather than the 125 I did for PS

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2010, 7:12 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I can't get at your script, sorry.

And I think that 68 pages to the wedding is a tad too long, especially if you angling for a 1-part film. A 'normal film' is about 120 pages, however, some HP scripts reach 160 pages. 67 pages only a few chapters in is bad

I agree that GoF didn't have the best script. However, I think that it'd be really difficult when/if I script that one, I'd set a limit of 200 pages rather than the 125 I did for PS
Yes, it is a bit long but seeing as I'm not planning on writing anymore, it shouldn't be a problem. When I was writing, I had a one-part 3-hour movie in mind. It seems unlikely that would happen but then again, it is a fan script

Aright, I think this link should work.

Old February 13th, 2010, 8:36 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

You have to log in to Google in order to view those documents.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old February 13th, 2010, 8:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
You have to log in to Google in order to view those documents.
I'm logged in and it doesn't want to work anyway

Well, you could say its a script for the first episode of a DH tv series - it's almost the perfect length

Old February 13th, 2010, 7:49 pm
First Year

Hmm...I got the "link to share," it should work.

But I'm sure this'll work.

Old February 13th, 2010, 9:21 pm

I can see it now

It looks very good - quite like the book, which is how I like them

However, I think some of the action and dialogue is too long. You take about a page to explain the wedding tent before the ceremony person says anything

I'll go add the link to the 'library'

Old February 13th, 2010, 9:26 pm
First Year

Thanks for the feedback

But actually, diverging from the book itself was one of my goals in writing this and by far the biggest challenge (apart from setting up all the important characters and information that the previous films, especially HBP, omitted).

Old February 19th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Zonko's Employee

Pretty good scripts, Aaron! They are swift and efficient and manage to retain most of the lines and canon from the books. You've also added some new scenes that foreshadow future episodes and deepen and embellish the story and world a little more. Keep up the good work!

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Old February 19th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Pretty good scripts, Aaron! They are swift and efficient and manage to retain most of the lines and canon from the books. You've also added some new scenes that foreshadow future episodes and deepen and embellish the story and world a little more. Keep up the good work!
So, I take it that you read it? Are there any spots that you think need re-working?

And to everyone else, I'd really like your feedback about PS!

I'll be starting CoS soon - I want to finish the entire series in the next 5 years

Old April 7th, 2010, 11:01 am
Second Year

Hello, everyone. First, I want to make an apology about the fake script I posted last year. I wanted to fool you all, but you didn't take it the way I hoped.

I've been working on the entire finale of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm about to finish it, and here's the first part. I really really hope you want to read it, and please leave you comments! You'd make me very happy!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Climax - Part I

As I said, please comment! I hope you like it!

For those who don't trust the PDF-link, you can read it on my Google Docs account.

Old April 7th, 2010, 1:26 pm
Fifth Year

That is spectacular. I love McGonagall's speech. But the dialogue between Ron/Hermione in the CoS was unbearably cheesy.

~ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~
Old April 7th, 2010, 2:35 pm
Second Year

Thank you very much, yeah, I know. Their dialogue was supposed to be old fashion heroic stuff, but the only thing that mattered, IMO, was the imagery: the haunting setting and a beautiful kiss. Thanks anyway!

BTW, what would you all like to see in the Prince's Tale? I really want to focuss on Dumbledore and Snape, but, ofcourse, Lily is an important character in this part too. Suggestions?

Last edited by KJRiddle; April 7th, 2010 at 2:40 pm.
Old April 7th, 2010, 4:16 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRiddle View Post
Hello, everyone. First, I want to make an apology about the fake script I posted last year. I wanted to fool you all, but you didn't take it the way I hoped.
What did you want to achieve then?

Old April 7th, 2010, 4:22 pm
Second Year

Well, just a prank xD But, let's stay on-topic

Old April 8th, 2010, 12:16 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRiddle View Post

I've been working on the entire finale of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm about to finish it, and here's the first part. I really really hope you want to read it, and please leave you comments! You'd make me very happy!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Climax - Part I

As I said, please comment! I hope you like it!

For those who don't trust the PDF-link, you can read it on my Google Docs account.
That was brilliant! The only thing I would think you could improve is reducing some of the cheesiness of the lines between the characters (as someone alredy said).

I loved the way you wrote the battle scenes, and how you showed Tonks' death! Her death was brilliant, actually. Wait, I can't remember, did you have it so that you saw her whole body fall to the ground, or you just saw a shot of her hand falling? I think the latter would be better.

Overall,

Old April 8th, 2010, 6:39 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
That was brilliant! The only thing I would think you could improve is reducing some of the cheesiness of the lines between the characters (as someone alredy said).

I loved the way you wrote the battle scenes, and how you showed Tonks' death! Her death was brilliant, actually. Wait, I can't remember, did you have it so that you saw her whole body fall to the ground, or you just saw a shot of her hand falling? I think the latter would be better.

Overall,
It was just her hand Thanks. Yeah, I'm not the dialogue person, I've mainly focused on the cinematic stuff (fights, deaths and locations). Thanks!

Old June 6th, 2010, 2:26 am
Fifth Year

I want to read it, but that link isn't working. It just takes me to a login page.

Old June 6th, 2010, 9:30 am
Second Year

It's supposed to work now

I've been working on the Ministry of Magic Infiltration, so, behold my version of this Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I part:

I cut the entire part in Umbridge's office, because what happened there was quite unnecessary. If I'd write the entire script, I'd find a proper way to give Moody a last 'respect'. I added a little more (cinematic) action, and some other small things.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Infiltration of the Ministry of Magic

Please leave your comment! You'd make me very happy!

Old June 17th, 2010, 4:36 pm
Second Year

KJRiddle,

Excellent job on your scripts, mate! I've only read just the one about the climax. But really, nice work

There were a few facets of the script I didn't quite understand or agree with, but for now I'll just pose this one question: Why is Voldemort conversing with Lucius while watching the battle from the Astronomy Tower? What happened to the Shrieking Shack? I can't help but think that Voldemort occupying the Astronomy Tower is just a bit too close to all the action, when Voldemort is explicitly trying to avoid any confrontation and wait for Harry to come to him. It just seems like someone would spot him in the Astronomy Tower, don't you think? Unless you're implying that the Astronomy Tower is a sort of detached distant part of the castle...

I really like how you included Ginny a WHOLE lot more than JKR did in canon. Definitely a better move on your part, IMO. I can just imagine the last dialogue between Harry and Ginny when Ginny promises Harry he won't lose her. That'd be phenomenal!

Your montage sequences of notable characters dueling and material destruction are incredible. I hope they include ALOT of this

Can't wait until you finish the climax script, my friend. I shall be most excited to read it!

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old July 18th, 2010, 4:48 am
First Year

Here's my version of a Deathly Hallows Script...

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS : PART I:    

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS : PART I

The WB Logo comes toward the screen while suspenseful music plays...

The dark Blackish-Blue clouds that covered the background of the intro turns gray and stormy as the camera lingers for a moment before panning down to Hogwarts School.

EXTERIOR OF HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON

Several students are walking down a small hill before joining hundreds of other students as they looked on at a tiny island with Dumbledore's body laying on a white marble slab with what looked like many types of flowers wrapped around the late headmaster's grave

Professor McGonnogall walked down the slightly steep hillside before meeting with the other mourning students. She waved her wand and a stone walkway emerged from the water separating the students from Dumbledore. McGonnogall walked across the pathaway before standing beside Dumbledore's body. She pulled out a parchment, and began reading :

PROFESSOR MCGONNOGALL -
Albus Dumbledore...he was one of the greatest wizards of all time, and he never fretted to stand against the Dark Arts, even in his final moments. As we all know, Dumbledore, many years ago, fought the legendary, yet evil dark wizard, Grindelwald. The duel between them is described today, as one of the most incredible wizard duels in magical history, but, we are not here to reminisce, we are here...to honor Albus Dumbledore, for his bravery, cunning and courage, and he swore on his part, that he would never stop fighting, even when he knew his time was upon him. He would fight to the death if he could, but, days ago, Albus Dumbledore was killed in a surprise Death Eater attack on Hogwarts...the fight for him, was then over. Today, as we mourn him, let us all remember, that we, as wizards, and witches...stand united against evil, and don't EVER doubt, that Albus Dumbledore was a great man, a great friend...and a great guardian, to all of us.

Many students were crying and pining as McGonnogall left a white rose at Dumledore's side, and she walked back across her stone pathway, and students began to cross the stone walkway to give their last words put flowers next to Dumbledore's tomb.

Harry was the last one to vist Dumbledore one last time. He never thought someone like Professor Dumbledore would die so quickly, and unexpectedly.

HERMIONE -
Harry, are you alright?

HARRY -
I'm fine, I'm just gonna stay here for a little bit.

RON -
Okay, mate. See you in the Common Room.

Ron and Hermione walked away, but Harry stayed, and he looked up at the sky as it began to rain. Thunder and Lightning clashed together and the gray clouds become blackish-blue again and the words "HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART I" come toward the screen. As the last letters fly past, the clouds become even darker and lightning strikes, the camera then cuts to a cloaked man walking down an empty sidewalk. Another cloaked man walks the opposite way, both men get out their wands, pointed them at each other, and as they met at arm's length.

CLOAKED MAN #2 -
Who are you? Identify yourself!

CLOAKED MAN #1 -
Come now, Yaxley, I thought you'd recognize me...

YAXLEY -
Sorry...Severus...

SEVERUS SNAPE -
That's better.

YAXLEY -
We're late. We better get going.

SEVERUS SNAPE -
...Indeed.

Snape and Yaxley walked down the empty street which led into a Cul-De-Sac. Yaxley led Snape to a gate, which bent in an odd manner to create a path to the house they were at.

CUT TO - MALFOY MANOR INTERIOR

Snape and Yaxley slowly walked toward the house, and quietly walked in, noticing how dark it was. They began to hear voices as they neared the only room that had light. Yaxley and Snape saw Voldemort, Lucius, Draco and Narcissa Malfoy, as well as Thorfinn Rowle, and Antonin Dolohov sitting at a long, dining table. The duo noticed a rather peculiar thing floating above the gritty scene : a woman was suspended in the air, and was not moving. Snape and Yaxley ignored this.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
You made it. Now sit...

Snape and Yaxley take seats nearest to Voldemort, who's pet snake, Nagini was resting on his right shoulder.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
You are late.

YAXLEY -
Forgive me, my Lord.

Lord Voldemort gave a sign with his hand, Yaxley took this as some sort of "Its OK" gesture.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
So?

SEVERUS SNAPE -
My lord, we have gotten information that the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current home in Little Whinging this Saturday, by midnight.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Saturday...at midnight...

Voldemort gave Snape a sharp look so ferocious that others around the table looked away in fear. Snape, however camly looked back into Voldemort's pale white face.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Good...very good...

SEVERUS SNAPE -
We already know they won't be using any type of transportation the Ministry can detect...Apparation...the Floo Powder...all they have of escaping is flying via broomstick or Thestral.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Hmmmmmmmm...

YAXLEY (OFFSCREEN) -
And we got this information-

SEVERUS SNAPE -
-From the source we discussed.

Voldemort gave Snape and Yaxley a look of insecurity.

SEVERUS SNAPE -
...My lord...

Voldemort's look turned into a pleased smile.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
So, what do we know of how the boy intends to escape?

YAXLEY -
That is currently unknown, my lord.

Voldemort had an enraged look on his face. His red eyes shined in the light of the fire crackling behind him.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
I am disappointed. If the boy slips out of my grip one last time, it will not be pleasant for all of you.

Everyone at the table stiffened in fear.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
But, we do know that the Order won't be using anything the Ministry can track...

Wormtail walked in and tried not to disturb the meeting.

Voldemort turned to the Malfoys, who fretted to stare into Voldemort's eyes.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Lucius, I require your wand.

Lucius looked confunded.

LUCIUS MALFOY -
What?

LORD VOLDEMORT -
I need...your wand.

Lucius had a disgusted look on his face as he pulled out his wand and gave it to Voldemort.

Voldemort looked at the wand, and then looked at Draco. Narcissa put her arm around him.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Draco, do you know who that is?

Voldemort pointed at the woman who was still suspended in the air.

DRACO MALFOY -
Um...uh, n-no.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Of course you don't! You never took her classes!

Voldemort turned to face everyone else.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
We are joined by Charity Burbage. Who, until quite recently, was the Muggle Studies Professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Draco looked stunned as Voldemort raised his wand and gave it a wave.

Charity began to stir.

CHARITY BURBAGE -
Please, let me down! Please, I beg you! Let me down!

She was spinning counter-clockwise, and her eyes met with Snape's.

CHARITY BURBAGE -
Please, Snape! Please, I beg you! Get me down! Please!

Snape was disgusted that Voldemort would go as far as kidnapping a Hogwarts teacher.

Voldemort looked up and gave a flick of his wand and Charity became stiff again.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
So, we shall converge on Little Whinging this Saturday. You better be right Severus.

SEVERUS SNAPE -
I am, my lord.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Good.

YAXLEY -
But, my lord, how are we going to get to Potter? The Order will be on us like flies if we get near the boy!

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Don't worry, Yaxley. Everything i going to work out...smoothly.

Voldemort glanced at Nagini, and petted her.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Thorfinn, where is Fenrir and Stan?

THORFINN ROWLE -
They are patrolling Little Whinging as we speak, my lord. If Potter does anything, we will know.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Excellent.

Voldemort looked at Charity again and gave a wave of Lucius's wand, and Charity began to stir again.

CHARITY BURBAGE -
Please! Please, I beg you! Let me down! Have mercy!

CHARITY BURBAGE -
Please! Let me down, I beg you! Please! Let me down!

Voldemort raised Lucius's wand.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Avada Kedavra!

The woman's cries suddenly stopped, as she fell onto the large, dining table. The other Death Eaters jumped back a little from Charity's fall.

Wormtail scurried out of the room in fear.

LORD VOLDEMORT -
Dinner...Nagini.

The snake slithered from over Voldemort's shoulder onto the dining table. The camera cuts to black.

CUT TO - NUMBER 4, PRIVET DRIVE EXTERIOR - EVENING

Harry can be seen in his bedroom window.

HARRY -
Ah!

Harry was bleeding from the tip of his finger. He opened the door and stumbled upon a cup of tea, which shattered and spilled on the floor.

Harry instantly knew this was just another one of Dudley's stupid booby traps, but he ignored it, and quickly got a tissue to wrap around his still bleeding finger.

Harry grabbed a towel, a broom and a dustpan and began cleaning up the mess.

He sweeped the fragments of the tea cup into the dustpan, and put a towel where the tea had spilled.

Harry dumped the dustpan into the trashcan in his bedroom.

He sat down and began thinking about the plan he had run over with the Order.

Harry got up and began sorting the books he wouldn't be taking with him. The books included Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them as well as Quidditch Through the Ages.

Once he was done, he pulled out the trunk from under his bed. Inside was several of Harry's clothes, a "POTTER STINKS" badge from 3 years earlier and several other artifacts that Harry had claimed over the years. He felt deep in the trunk and felt a sharp pain in on his hand. He had cut himself accidentally on a fragment of the enchanted mirror Sirius had given him 2 years ago.

Harry sits beside his bed and examines the fragment he had cut himself on.

Harry flashes back to when Sirius gave him the mirror.

Harry puts the mirror in his pocket, and gathers all the stuff he needed; his wand, some clothes and other artifacts such as the photo album Hagrid gave to him in his first year.

Harry then went over to Hedwig's cage.

HARRY -
This is it. This is the last time I'll probably see this place.

Harry grabs Hedwig's cage and his trunk and carries them downstairs. He puts the cage near the front door, and he put his trunk by the run-down cupboard he used to sleep in.

HARRY -
I know this might sound weird, Hedwig, but I'm actually gonna miss this place...

He walks over to the mat laying at the front door.

HARRY -
Dudley puked on this 3 years ago, when I rescued him from the Dementors.

Harry flashes back to him and Dudley wobbling through the front door.

Harry then walks into the dining room where he blew up his Aunt Marge and she floated halfway across Little Whinging.

Harry smiled as he remembered that evening.

Harry flashes back to Aunt Marge bloating up and floating away.

An hour passed, and Harry had been helping himself to some sweets from the fridge and had watched some television.

He went up to his room. He noticed today's copy of the Daily Prophet laying on his desk. Harry sat down and saw an article on Dumbledore's death with a picture of the headmaster smiling up at Harry, and slowly he sat down at his desk and began to read :

DUMBLEDORE REMEMBERED
By Elphias Doge

I met Albus Dumbledore at the age of ekeven, on our first day at Hogwarts. Our mutual attraction was undoubtedly due to the fact that we both felt ourselves to be outsiders. I had contracted dragon pox shortly before arrivingg at school, and while I was no longer contagious, my pockmarked visage and greenish hue did not encourage many to approach me. For his part, Albus had arrived at Hogwarts under the burden of unwanted notoriety. Scarcely a year previously, his father, Percival, had been convicted of a savage and well-publicized attack upon three young muggles. Albus never attempted to deny that his father, who was to die in Azkaban, had committed this crime; on the contrary, when I plucked up the courage to ask him, he assured me that he knew his father to be guilty. Beyon that, Dumbledore refused-

Harry heard a door slam shut.

UNCLE VERNON -
Get down here, boy!

Harry fumbled to get out of his chair and go downstairs, newspaper still in hand.

HARRY -
Yes?

UNCLE VERNON -
Sit down!

Harry raised his eyebrows.

UNCLE VERNON -
Please!

Harry complied and sat in the nearest chair.

Uncle Vernon walked up to Harry.

UNCLE VERNON -
I've changed my mind about this.

Harry -
What a surprise.

Aunt Petunia shot up immediately.

AUNT PETUNIA -
Don't take that tone with-

Uncle Vernon waved Aunt Petunia down.

UNCLE VERNON -
It's a bunch of rubbish, what's going on now. I've decided not to believe a word of it. We are staying put, and we're not going to let some crazy nonsense scare us!

Harry looked amused at Uncle Vernon's frequent changes of plans.

UNCLE VERNON -
You see, w-w-we, erm, Petunia and I, are, um, in d-danger from-

HARRY -
-Some of my lot, right?

UNCLE VERNON -
I DON'T believe it! Not a WORD of it!

Uncle Vernon paced back and forth nervously.

UNCLE VERNON -
I think it's some damn plot to get the house...

HARRY -
The House? What House?

UNCLE VERNON -
THIS house! OUR house! Prices are skyrocketing around here! You want us out of the way and then you're going to do some hocus-pocus and before we know it, you'll be trying to claim this house for yourself!

HARRY -
Are you out of your MIND? A plot to get this house? Are you actually as stupid as you look?

AUNT PETUNIA -
How dare y-!

Uncle Vernon once again waved her down.

HARRY -
Just in case you have completely forgotten, I've already got a house, and it was left by my godfather! So why would I even want this house? All the "fun" and "happy" memories I have here?

Uncle Vernon was silenced, but let out a frustrated sigh.

UNCLE VERNON -
You claim, that this Lord thing-

HARRY -
-Voldemort, and we've been through that over a hundred times already. This isn't a claim, it's a fact!

Uncle Vernon changed the subject.

UNCLE VERNON -
I thought there was this... Ministry of Magic?

HARRY -
There is.

UNCLE VERNON -
Well, then, why in the ruddy hell can't they protect us?! It seems to me that we should get government protection, when we've done nothing more then harbor a marked man!

Harry laughed.

HARRY -
It's not that easy... Besides, we think the Ministry has been infiltrated.

Uncle Vernon paced even more in anxiety.

UNCLE VERNON -
All right...all right, let's say... for the sake of argument, we accept this "protection"...we can have that Kingsley bloke from the television! He's one of your kind, right?

HARRY -
Sorry, but Kingsley's currently protecting the Mugg- er, I mean your Prime Minister.

UNCLE VERNON -
Exactly! He's the best!

Uncle Vernon pointed at the blank TV screen.

HARRY -
Well, he's taken...but I think Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle can protect you from-

Uncle Vernon shushed Harry and turned around to pace some more.

Harry got to his feet.

HARRY -
These accidents are accidents! The crashes and explosions and derailments and whatever has happened in the past few months are NOT accidents! People are disappearing and dying and HE'S behind it - Voldemort. I've told you this MANY times before, he kills Muggles for fun! And those weird fogs? They're caused by Dementors! The same folk that nearly sucked out his soul!

Harry pointed to Dudley, who easily looked scared.

DUDLEY -
There are...MORE of them?

Harry laughed again.

HARRY -
More? More than the two that attacked us that evening? Of course there are, there are hundreds, maybe thousands by now, seeing as they feed off of fear and dispair-

UNCLE VERNON -
Alright, alright! We get the point!

HARRY -
I hope so...because once I'm seventeen, all of them- Death Eaters, dementors, maybe even Inferi-Which means dead bodies enchanted by a Dark Wizard- will be able to find you and certainly attack you, unless, you accept the protection you...are...OFFERED.

UNCLE VERNON -
But what about my job?! What about Dudley's school?! I just suppose those things don't even matter to layabout wizards-

Harry shot up in anger.

HARRY -
Don't you get it?! THEY WILL TORTURE YOU AND KILL YOU LIKE THEY DID WITH MY PARENTS!

DUDLEY -
Dad? I'm going with these Order people.

UNCLE VERNON -
What?!

DUDLEY -
I'm going with these Order people. I'm not going to be totured by those...things again.

HARRY -
Dudley, for the first time in your entire life, you're talking sense.

Harry looked at the clock hanging from the wall beside him.

HARRY -
They'll be here in five minutes.

The Dursley's didn't reply. Harry quietly exited the room and put the newspaper containing the article about Dumbledore in his trunk, grabbed Hedwig's cage and went upstairs.

He went to the window that Uncle Vernon had barred 5 years earlier, and gazed at the last of the sun going down over the horizon.

HARRY -
We're leaving soon, Hedwig, very soon...and you'll be able to fly again.

Harry sat down on his bed, and thought about the night Dumbledore had fallen...

Harry flashes back to him and Dumbledore arriving back at the Astronomy Tower.

HARRY -
We need to get you to the hospital, sir! To Madam Pomfrey!

DUMBLEDORE -
No...Severus is who I need. Wake him, tell him what's happened. SEVERUS, Harry!

A door is heard opening below-

Harry hears the doorbell ring.

He quickly grabs Hedwig's cage and bolts downstairs. Dedalus Diggle and Hestia Jones are standing in the living room.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Harry Potter!

Harry saw a small man with a top hat. He came over and shook Harry's hand.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
It is an honor, sir!

HARRY -
Thanks, Dedalus. It's really nice of you to do this, my Aunt and Uncle are in here.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Greetings to you, Harry Potter's relatives!

The Dursley's looked befuddled as Dedalus strode over and sat down in the chair Harry sat in not too long ago. Hestia sat down closest to the Dursley's which did not make them happy.

HESTIA JONES -
I assume that Harry has told you the plan of action?

UNCLE VERNON -
Um, yes.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
It's a simple one, at that.

Dedalus pulled out an odd-looking pocket watched and looked at the time.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
We shall be leaving shortly before Harry does, due to the danger of using magic in your house...we shall be driving, say, about ten miles before Disapparating to the safely picked location for you three. You know how to drive, I take it?

Uncle Vernon looked completely outraged.

UNCLE VERNON -
Know how to-? Of COURSE I ruddy know how to drive!

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Very clever of you sir, very clever...I would be utterly flabbergasted by all those buttons and knobs...

UNCLE VERNON -
Can't even drive...

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Harry, you'll wait here for your guard. There has been a slight change in arrangements-

HARRY -
What? What d'you mean? I thought we would escape using Side-Along Apparition-

HESTIA JONES -
Don't worry, Harry. Mad-Eye will explain when he and the others arrive.

The Dursley's were looking at Dedalus with fearful looks in their eyes.

Suddenly, a loud voice screeched "HURRY UP!"

It was Dedalus's pocket watch.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Oh my, we're running on a tight schedule, best be off!

Dedalus walked to Harry.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
We're planning on timing your departure from the house and your family's Disapparition, Harry; thus, the protection Charm breaks at the moment you head for safety.

Dedalus turned to the Durlseys.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Well, are we all packed and ready to go, then?

They didn't answer him.

HESTIA JONES -
Perhaps we should wait in the hall, Dedalus.

HARRY -
There's no need.

UNCLE VERNON -
Well...this is goodbye, then, boy.

He swung his arm up to shake Harry's hand, but Vernon was unable to face it, and so he closed his fist and put it back down at his side.

AUNT PETUNIA -
Ready, Diddy?

Dudley didn't answer, but had his mouth slightly ajar.

UNCLE VERNON -
Come along, then.

The three reached the door before Dudley broke his silence.

DUDLEY -
But, I don't understand...

He raised his arm and pointed at Harry.

DUDLEY -
Why isn't he coming with us?

UNCLE VERNON -
Well, um...he doesn't want to. You don't want to, do you?

HARRY -
Not in the slightest.

UNCLE VERNON -
There you have it, now let's go!

HESTIA JONES -
But...surely you know where your nephew is going?

Uncle Vernon was about to exit the door when he stepped back in.

UNCLE VERNON -
Certainly we know! He's off wth some of your lot, right? C'mon, Dudley! Let's go!

Uncle Vernon once again walked to the door, itching to leave.

HESTIA JONES -
Some of OUR lot?

HARRY -
Hey, it's alright, it doesn't matter.

HESTIA JONES -
Oh, it doesn't MATTER? Don't they know what you have been through?

HARRY -
Er, no- They just think I'm a waste of space.

DUDLEY -
I don't think you're a waste of space.

Harry looked completely stunned.

HARRY -
Well...um, th-thanks Dudley.

DUDLEY -
You saved me from those creatures.

HARRY -
Not really, the Dementor would have taken your soul...

Aunt Petunia started to tear up.

AUNT PETUNIA -
Oh, s-s-s-sweet Duddykins! You're s-s-s-such a good b-b-b-boy for s-s-s-s-saying thank you...

HESTIA JONES -
But, he didn't even thank him! He just said that Harry wasn't a waste of space!

HARRY -
Yeah, but from Dudley, it's just enough.

Uncle Vernon came back in.

UNCLE VERNON -
Are we going are NOT?!

AUNT PETUNIA -
Yes, Vernon.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
We really must be off. Harry...good luck. I hope we meet again. The hopes of the Wizarding worl rest on your shoulders.

HARRY -
Oh, right...thanks.

HESTIA JONES -
Farewell, Harry.

HARRY -
I hope everything's fine.

DEDALUS DIGGLE -
Oh, I'm sure we'll be the best of friends.

Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia exited the room. Dedalus and Hestia followed.

Harry followed to see them off, and Dudley came back to Harry, and raised his arm.

HARRY -
Blimey! Did the Dementors blow a whole, new personality into you?

DUDLEY -
Dunno. See you again, Harry.

HARRY -
Maybe, take care, Big D.

The two shook hands before Uncle Vernon honked the car horn.

Dudley bolted for the car and got in. Dedalus waved to Harry as they speeded down the street.

Harry went back in and bolted upstairs to retrieve his Firebolt and rucksack, and he gave his bedroom one last look of rememberance, and he shut the door.

Harry sat down and only several minutes passed before a loud, familiar crack come from the garden, and he quickly got up and there stood Mad-Eye Moody, Hermione, Ron, Mundungus Fletcher, Fred, George, Fleur Delacour, Professor Lupin, Tonks, Hagrid, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Mr. Weasley.

HARRY -
Hermione!

HERMIONE -
Harry!

She swung her arms around him.

HERMIONE -
So good to see you!

RON -
Same here, mate.

Ron clapped Harry on the back as Hermione and Ron both entered the house.

HAGRID -
'Ello Harry! Ready 'fer the take off?

HARRY -
Definately! I never thought that there would be so many of you coming!

Mad-Eye Moody was visible walking behind Hagrid.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Change of plan! Come on, inside!

Mr. Weasley and Kingsley Shacklebolt were next to walk up.

MR. WEASLEY -
Kingsley! I thought you were protecting the Muggle Prime Minister!

KINGSLEY SHACKLEBOLT -
Oh, I think he can get along without me for one night. Besides, Harry's more important.

The two walked in, and Fleur, Bill, Fred and George walked up.

FRED AND GEORGE -
Heeeyyyy, Harry!

FLEUR DELACOUR -
'Ello 'Arry.

BILL WEASLEY -
Hey there, Harry!

Bill patted Harry on the back as he followed Fleur inside.

Lupin, Tonks and Mundungus were the last to go inside.

LUPIN -
Good to see you, again, Harry.

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Same here.

The two walked in, and Harry looked as Mundungus slugged by.

MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER -
Oi.

Mundungus entered the house, followed by Harry.

Ron, Hermione, Fred and George were chattering and laughing as they made themselves comfortable in the kitchen.

Tonks perched herself on the Washing Machine.

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Hey Harry, guess what?

Lupin stepped forward.

LUPIN -
Um, Nymphadora-

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Oh, come on, sweetheart!

Lupin stepped back again, arms folded.

Tonks lifted her hand to show a ring glittering on her finger.

HARRY -
You got married?!

He looked from Tonks to Lupin, who had a small smile on his face.

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Sorry you couldn't be there, Harry, it was very quiet.

HARRY -
Brilliant! Congra-

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Alright, alright! We'll have plenty time to play cozy catch-up later! We're on a very tight schedule!

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Oh, right. Sorry.

Mr. Weasley was marveling the house.

MR. WEASLEY -
Fascinating!

He picked up the TV remote and pressed several buttons, and the TV turned on.

MR. WEASLEY -
This is...brilliant!

He pressed several more buttons on the remote and the TV turned off.

Moody limped from where he was standing over to Harry.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
As Dedalus probably told you, we had to abandon Plan A. Pius Thicknesse has been keeping an eye on nearly everything that's been going on in the Wizarding World, which gives us a big problem. He's made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Powder Network, place a Portkey here, Apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection, to prevent You-Know-Who from getting to you. Completely useless, since your Mother's Protective Charm does all that already. What Pius has really done is make it very difficult for you to get out of here safely. Another big problem is : you're underage, meaning you've still got The Trace on you.

Harry looked confused.

HARRY -
The Trace? I don't-

MAD-EYE MOODY -
The Trace, the Trace! The charm that detects magical activity around under-age wizards, the way the Ministry finds out about under-age magic! If you or anyone around you casts a spell, Thicknesse will know about it, as well as the Death Eaters. Also, we can't wait for The Trace to break, because, once you turn seventeen, your mother's charm will break. In short : Pius thinks he's got you cornered good and proper.

Harry felt constricted.

HARRY -
So...what are we going to do?

MAD-EYE MOODY -
We're going to use the only means of transport we have left to us, the only ones The Trace can't detect, because spells aren't necessary to use them : brooms, Thestrals and Hagrid's motorbike.

Harry had already noticed flaws in the plan that had been given, but he held back his opinion and gave Moody a chance to address them.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Now, your mother's charm will only break under two conditions: one, when you come of age, or-

He took a long, sweeping look around the house.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
-You no longer call this place home. You and your aunt and uncle are going your seperate ways tonight, in the full understanding that you're never going to live together again, correct?

Harry nodded.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
So this time, when you leave this place, there will be no going back, and the charm will break as soon as you get outside of it's range. We're choosing to break it early, since the alternative is waiting for You-Know-Who to come and seize you once you turn seventeen. The one thing we've got on our side is that You-Know-Who doesn't know we're moving you tonight. We've leaked a fake trail to the Ministry: they think you're not leaving until the thirtieth...but this is You-Know-Who we're dealing with, so we can't just rely on him getting the date wrong, he's most likely going to have several Death Eaters patrolling the skies in this area, just in case. So, we've given a dozen houses the best protection we can throw at them. They all look like they could be the place we're going to hide you, they've all got some connection with the order: my house, Kingsley's place, Molly's Auntie Muriel's... you get the idea.

Harry felt compelled to agree.

HARRY -
Yeah...

He didn't answer truthfully, since he still spotted a gaping hole in the plan.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
You'll be heading to Tonks's parents. Once you are in the range of the protective enchantments we've set around their house, you will use a Portkey to safely travel to the Burrow. Any questions?

There was a pause and Harry broke the silence.

HARRY -
Er-yes...Maybe they won't know which of the twelve secure houses I'm heading for at first, but won't it be sort of obvious once-

Harry counted how many people were in the house.

HARRY-
-Fourteen of us fly off toward Tonks's parents?

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Ah, I forgot to mention the key point in the plan. Fourteen of us won't be flying to Tonks's parents. There will be seven Harry Potters flying through the skies tonight, each of them with a companion, heading for a different safe house.

Moody pulled out a flask of what looked like mud. Harry immediately knew what the rest of the plan was.

HARRY -
No! No way! I won't!

HERMIONE -
I told them you'd take it like this...

HARRY -
I'm NOT going to let six people risk their lives-!

RON -
-because it's the first time for all of us.

HARRY -
But Ron! This is different! Pretending to be me-

FRED -
Well, we don't really fancy the idea, Harry, but this is how it has to go. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.

Harry was frustrated at the plan.

HARRY -
You can't do this if I don't cooperate, you need me to give you some of my hair.

GEORGE -
Well, that's that plan scuppered...obviously there's no chance at all of us getting a bit of your hair unless you go through with it...

FRED -
Yeah, thirteen of us against a bloke who can't use magic...we've got NO chance...

HARRY -
Funny, that's very amusing...

MAD-EYE MOODY -
If it has to come to force...it will! Everyone here is overage, Potter, and they're all prepared to take that risk!

Mundungus shrugged and grimaced. Moody's magical eye swivered to look at Fletcher.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
No more arguments! I need some of your hairs, boy. Now!

HARRY -
But, this is mad! There's no need-

Moody looked angered at Harry's reluctance.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
No need?! With You-Know-Who out there and half the Ministry on his side? Potter, if we're lucky, he'll have swallowed the fake bait and he will be planning to ambush you on the thirtieth, but he'd be barking mad not to have a couple Death Eaters out here keeping an eye out! It's what I would do! Our only chance is to use decoys. Even You-Know-Who can't split himself into seven!

Harry looked at Hermione, who gave him a "Do it!" look.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
So, Potter...a few hairs...if you please.

Harry glanced at Ron.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Now!

Harry felt defeated, so he reached up and yanked a clump of hair.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Good.

Moody pulled the stopper out of the flask of potion.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Now, put it in here, if you please.

Harry dropped the hair into the mucky-looking potion, and it quickly turned a bright-gold.

HERMIONE -
Wow, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle Harry!

Ron raised his eyebrows, and Hermione's face turned red.

HERMIONE -
Oh, you know what I mean! Goyle's potion looked like bogies...

MAD-EYE MODDY -
Okay, then...fake Potters line up over here please!

Fleur, Ron, Hermione, Fred and George lined up in front of Aunt Petunia's sparkly-clean sink.

LUPIN -
Looks like we're one short.

HAGRID -
Here!

Hagrid picked up Mundungus by the scruff of the neck and plucked him next to Fleur, who moved in between Fred and George instead.

Mundungus sighed.

MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER -
I've toldjer, I'd sooner be a protector...

Moody turned his head extremely fast.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Shut it, you spineless worm! Any Death Eaters we run into will want to capture Potter, not kill him. As Dumbledore always said, You-Know-Who will want to finish Potter himself. It'll be the protectors who will need to worry the most...the Death Eaters will want to kill them.

Ron, Hermione, Fleur, Fred, George and Mundungus looked easily frightened by Moody's statement.

Moody pulled out half-a-dozen eggcup sized glasses and poured the Polyjuice Potion into each one.

The soon-to-be fake Potters took their glasses.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Altogether, then...

Similtaneously, they drank all that was in their glasses, and immediately, their features began deforming and changing before Harry's eyes. Mundungus grew several inches taller, Ron, Fred and George shrank three inches, and Fleur and Hermiones hair seemed to grow back into their skulls and turn black.

After a while, there were six extra Harry Potters standing in the kitchen.

Fred and George looked at each other with amazement.

FRED AND GEORGE (AS HARRY) -
Wow! We're identical!

FRED (AS HARRY) -
I dunno, George, I think I'm still better looking.

HERMIONE (AS HARRY) -
Honestly, you two...

RON (AS HARRY) -
Harry, you're skinny!

Harry smiled a bit.

HERMIONE (AS HARRY) -
You've got nice skin, Harry!

Harry and Ron looked at each other, trying not to chuckle.

FLEUR DELACOUR (AS HARRY) -
Oh! Don't look at me, Bill! I'm 'ideous!

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Those whose clothes are too roomy, can have some smaller in here...

Moody unzipped a rucksack full of smaller versions of Harry's clothes.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Don't forget the glasses. There's some in this sidepocket. Also, this other rucksack here contains luggage one for each of you.

The fake Potters grabbed a pair of clothes and began undressing. Harryfelt embarrassed since all his Doppelgangers didn't show any respect for him as they stripped with complete impunity.

They put on their new clothes, and they each put on a pair of glasses.

RON (AS HARRY) -
Bloody hell, Harry!

HERMIONE (AS HARRY) -
Blimey, you're vision is terrible, Harry!

All the fake Potters took their luggage and Moody stepped up.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Good. Now, you'll be grouped into pairs. Mundungus will be travelling with me, by broom-

Mundungus looked enraged.

MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER (AS HARRY) -
What? Why'm I with you?!

Moody walked over and came only centimeters from Mundungus's face.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
'Cause you're the one who needs watching!

Moody went back to his place of origin and continued.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Arthur, you're with Fred-

FRED (AS HARRY) -
No, I'm George!

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Sorry-George-

FRED (AS HARRY) -
Eh, I'm just yanking ya wand, I'm Fred!

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Enough messing around! Anyways, Fred, George, or whoever you are-you're with Remus! Fleur-

BILL WEASLEY -
I'll be taking Fleur by Thestral.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
- Okay then, Miss Granger will be with Kingsley...again by Thestral...

Kingsley gave an assuring look to Hermione, since she wasn't a big fan of brooms.

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
That means you're with me, Ron!

Ron scratched the back of his head.

HAGRID -
An' yer with me, Harry! That all righ'? We'll be on th' bike, brooms an' thestrals won't take me weight, you see?

Harry nodded.

Everyone headed outside quickly.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
We think the Death Eaters will expect you to be on a broom. Snape's probably told everything that he knows about you he never mentioned before, so, if we do run into any Death Eaters, they'll be trying to look for the Potter who looks at home on a broomstick.

Moody reached his broom.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
All right, then...

Hagrid sat on his motorbike.

HARRY -
Is this Sirius's motorbike?

HAGRID -
Yep, the same! The last time 'ye rode in this, I could fit yeh in one hand!

Harry smiled as he put his luggage and Hedwig's cage in the sidecar attached to the motorbike.

Harry looked over to see Ron glancing at Lupin with a nervous look on his face.

NYMPHADORA TONKS -
Hold on tight, Ron!

Ron nervously put his hands on both sides of her waist.

Harry got into the sidecar, but it was very uncomfortable.

MR. WEASLEY -
Be careful, now, Alastor!

MAD-EYE MOODY -
The same to you, Arthur! See you all at The Burrow! On the count of three!

Harry and everyone else prepared.

MAD-EYE MOODY -
One....Two....THREE!

Everyone launched off the ground, leaving smoke behind them as the flew.

Soon, everyone was high in the sky of Little Whinging. Harry looked down at the street lights that seemed to strobe as they flew.

Suddenly, a swarm of Death Eaters Apparated into the sky, surprising everybody. Immediately, Harry heard the faint screams of Hermione and Fleur, as well as several yells coming from Bill, Mad-Eye, Fred, George and Ron.

RON (AS HARRY) -
Stupefy!

BILL WEASLEY -
Protego!

MAD-EYE MOODY -
Incarcerous!

CUT TO - BILL AND FLEUR

BILL WEASLEY -
Hang on, Fleur!

Bill flew down into London, and he saw Fenrir Greyback approaching from behind.

Fleur screamed, and Bill couldn't raise his wand quick enough as Fenrir launched himself at Bill taking aim at his face with his sharp claws.

BILL WEASLEY -
Agh!

Bill had a large cut on his face, but he managed to overpower Fenrir, and kick the death eater off him.

Fenrir fell into London. Where he landed is unknown.

Fleur noticed Bill's injury.

FLEUR DELACOUR (AS HARRY) -
Oh my! Are you alright?

BILL WEASLEY -
Yeah, I'll be fine.

CUT TO - HARRY AND HAGRID

Harry turned around and saw over three death eaters approaching. Harry got out his wand, and he could hear Hagrid through the whistling wind :

HAGRID -
Hang on, there, Harry!

One of the death eaters pulled back his wand, in preparation for a curse-

HARRY -
Stupefy!

A red jet of light hit the death eater, causing him to plunge into the water below.

HAGRID -
Here we go!

Hagrid flew the motorbike just a mile above London, and the strobing lights returned.

DEATH EATER #1 -
Avada Kedavra!

The green light shot at Harry, but missed.

HARRY -
Petrificus Totalus!

The first Death Eater froze in mid-air sending him onto a building below.

Two more Death Eaters were visible in the distance. Harry raised his wand.

DEATH EATER # 2 -
Ava-

HARRY -
Expelliarmus!

The second Death Eater's wand flew out of his hand, and he vanished from sight.

The third Death Eater came up several feet away from Harry, and he began to chant the words...

DEATH EATER # 3 -
Avada-

Hedwig suddenly went berserk and managed to get the cage open.

Harry couldn't raise his wand in time-

HARRY -
Hedwig! NO!

DEATH EATER # 3 -
-Kedavra!

The green light hit Hedwig, and the snowy-white owl fell like a feather into the streets of London...

HARRY -
HEDWIG! NO!

The Death Eater flew back...

DEATH EATER # 3 -
I've found him! It's the real Harry Potter!

HARRY -
Oh no...

Suddenly, all the death eaters...vanished.

HAGRID -
What 'appened?

HARRY -
I don't know...

In the blink of an eye, The Death Eaters were coming back.

HARRY -
Oh, bloody hell...

HAGRID -
HANG ON!

Hagrid made a quick, sharp turn out of London and into an unknown area.

The death eaters still stayed close behind Harry and Hagrid. One of them flew close enough to get a good shot-

HARRY -
Impedimenta!

The death eater became spread eagle and he plunged into the unknown earth below.

DEATH EATER # 3 -
Avada Kedavra!

The green curse hit the the sidecar, which started to come loose.

HARRY -
Uh, Hagrid?

The sidecar suddenly became more loose, which jerked Harry off of it. he was now hanging on for dear life.

To his fear, the third death eater swooped in again.

DEATH EATER # 3 -
Avada Kedavra!

Harry barely managed to dodge the curse. He knew he was in trouble.

HAGRID -
Harry!

Hagrid pulled Harry into the sidecar again, and made another sharp turn, this time to the left.

Harry jerked right from the sudden turn, which made the sidercar's bearings more loose.

Harry aimed his wand at the loose screws.

HARRY -
Reparo!

All the bolts and screws were put together again, fixing the sidecar.

He noticed the third deathh eater swoop in once again.

DEATH EATER # 3 -
Avada-

HARRY -
Expelliarmus!

The death eater's wand flew out of his hand, and Harry managed to see the man's face...

It was Stan Shunpike, the Knight Bus Conductor.

He flew in behind the motor bike, and Harry saw two more death eaters flying from behind Stan Shunpike.

They both raised their wands.

DEATH EATER #8 and #9 -
Avada Kedavra!

The two green lights flew past the Motor bike.

Harry raised his wand as well.

HARRY -
Confringo!

The spell exploded, causing the death eaters to fall off their brooms.

Stan Shunpike flew in yet again.

STAN SHUNPIKE -
Avada Keda-

HARRY -
Protego!

The curse hit the shield Harry had made.

The shield lowered, and Harry pointed his wand at Stan again.

HARRY -
SECTUMSEMPRA!

The curse hit Stan in the shoulder, causing him to fall of his broom. He fell into the dark below.

HAGRID -
Do you see any more of 'em?

Harry noticed more blacked cloaked figures approaching.

HARRY -
Yeah. Get ready, Hagrid!

All the death eaters were shooting killing curses at the motor bike, which was getting damaged by the combat.

Over a dozen flew in, wands raised.

HAGRID -
This'll stop 'em!

Hagrid pushed a button on the motor bike, which to Harry's amazement, shot out a large brick wall from the exhaust pipes, which slammed into the incoming death eaters.

Harry victoriously smiled, but he saw what he had feared most...Voldemort, flying...without broom or thestral, toward Harry.

He raised his wand.

VOLDEMORT -
Avada Kedavra!

Harry ducked, and got back up again to face the dark wizard.

HARRY -
STUPEFY!

Voldemort dodged the spell easily, and he quickly raised his wand again.

VOLDEMORT -
AVADA KEDAVRA!

Once again, Harry dodged this, and then, he suddenly noticed his wand emit a strange gold fire, and it lifted up, by itself, and aimed toward Voldemort's wand, which flew out of his hand.

VOLDEMORT -
NO!

Harry was confused, but he had to keep fighting.

He got up again to face Voldemort.

HARRY -
STUPEFY!

The spell was, again, dodged by Voldemort.

HAGRID -
I know what'll stop 'em!

Hagrid pushed another button on the dash board, and large gold flames, much like what Harry's wand emitted, shot out of the exhaust pipe, hitting Voldemort and the others.

The motor bike then sped up.

HAGRID -
Hang on, Harry!

Hagrid made yet another sharp turn to the right.

Harry saw Voldemort, with only two death eaters, approaching close behind.

VOLDEMORT -
MINE!

Voldemort held out his hand, and his mouth moved, he was telling the death eater next to him something, and for some apparent reason, Voldemort was given another wand, and he flew next to Harry. The two were practically yards away from each other, and Voldemort started chanting the curse...

VOLDEMORT -
AVADA KEDAV-

HAGRID -
NO!

Harry saw Hagrid jump at Voldemort. The two of them falled into the dark abyss below.

HARRY -
HAGRID!

Harry was alone on his god father's motor bike, and he had to control it, or he would crash. Harry got in the driver's seat, and turned raround, where Hagrid had bravely jumped.

Harry started to fly low, until he saw Hagrid's motionless body laying in a body of water. Harry swooped to avoid hitting the gamekeeper, and the motor bike crashed into the water, flinging Harry out of it.

HARRY -
Aaagh!

Harry came to rest in the water.

After a while, he got back up, and noticed he had a large gash on his leg.

He painfully walked into the murky swamp-like waters to find Hagrid.

Only several yards from where the motorbike crashed, Harry saw a large mass laying in the water.

HARRY -
Hagrid!

Hagrid did not move.

Harry stumbled towards Hagrid, and put his hands on his shoulder.

HARRY -
HAGRID!

Again, Hagrid did not move.

Harry was distraught, he didn't know what to do, and then, he heard a man's voice from across the water.

MAN (OFF SCREEN) -
Who is it?

Harry recognized the voice. Harry turned around and saw a sithlouetted figure approaching him.

MAN -
Is it Potter? Are you Harry Potter?

Harry's vision was blurring, he then heard a woman's voice echo across the swamp:

WOMAN -
They've crashed, Ted! Crashed in the garden! We need help!

HARRY -
Hagrid...Hagrid...

Harry passed out next to Hagrid, the last things he heard was several splashes and Ted Tonks.

TED TONKS (BARELY AUDIBLE) -
Harry! Harry, can you hear me? Harry...

The screen goes black, and we see another flashback...

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Hide yourself below, Harry. Do not let anyone see you, no matter what.

Harry looked confused.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Trust me...Harry, trust me.

Harry hid himself below Dumbledore and whowever would soon join him.

Harry looked, and the intruder was Draco Malfoy, walking up the stairs slowly before Dumbledore notices him.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Good evening, Draco. What are you doing here on this fine, spring evening?

Draco had his wand out.

DRACO MALFOY -
Who else is here? I heard voices.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Oh, I sometimes catch myself pacing and talking to myself at times. Have you been talking to yourself, Draco?

Draco did not repsond, but still had his wand pointed at Dumbledore.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Maybe I can help you...

Dumbledore raised his wand non-offensively.

DRACO MALFOY -
Expelliarmus!

Dumbledore's wand flew out of his hand.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Draco...you are no assassin.

DRACO MALFOY -
How do you know? I've done things that would shock you! I was chosen!

Malfoy pulled up his sleeve to show the Dark Mark on his arm.

ALBUS DUMBLEDORE -
Draco, I once knew a man...who made all the wrong choices...

DRACO MALFOY -
Don't you understand? I have to do this! I have to kill you...

Malfoy's voice started to crack as he had a tear run down his right eye.

DRACO MALFOY -
...or he's going to kill me!

Once again, a door is heard opening-

FADE IN TO INTERIOR TONKS'S PARENTS' HOUSE - MORNING

Harry regained consciousness, and opened his eyes to see a blurred image of Ted Tonks shutting the door of a small living room and sitting down in a chair across from Harry, who was laying on a couch.

TED TONKS -
You all right, Harry?

Harry's mind was swimming and hurting at the same time.

HARRY -
Hagrid...where's Hagrid...?

TED TONKS -
Hagrid's just fine, son. He only sustained several cuts, but other than that, he'll be alright. I'm Ted, by the way. Ted Tonks : Dora's father.

Harry shot up and began to stand.

HARRY -
Voldemort...

Ted ran over to put Harry back on the couch.

TED TONKS -
Easy there...you had a nasty crash...what happened, anyway? Did Arthur overstretch himself again?

HARRY -
Um...Uh...n-no...it was the Death Eaters...there were loads of them...

Ted looked unnaturally surprised.

TED TONKS -
Death Eaters? I thought they didn't know you were being moved-

HARRY -
They just knew.

Ted looked up at the ceiling.

TED TONKS -
Well, we do know our protective charms work then, don't we?

Harry realized why Voldemort didn't attack Harry when he crashed : Harry was in range of the protective barriers and Voldemort couldn't pursue. Harry only hoped the protection lasts.

Harry swung up off the sofa.

HARRY -
Where is Hagrid?

TED TONKS -
Um, Harry, you still need to res-

Harry had walked halfway across the room when Hagrid walked in, just barely fitting through the doorway.

HAGRID -
Harry?

HARRY -
Hagrid!

Harry gave Hagrid a hug. Hagrid patted him on the back.

HAGRID -
Blimey, Harry! How did yeh get 'o' a that one? I thought we were goners!

HARRY -
Yeah, me too...I can't believe-

-Harry broke off as he noticed a woman enter the room.

HARRY -
YOU!

Harry slammed his hand into his pocket for his wand, but it was gone.

TED TONKS -
You're wand's right here, son...and...that's my wife you're yelling at.

Harry was given his wand and he looked guilty.

HARRY -
Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs. Tonks.

Mrs. Tonks nodded with a smile. Harry was astonished at how similar Mrs. Tonks looked to her sister, Bellatrix.

Harry tried to find his glasses, but he couldn't.

Ted then pulled out Harry's glasses and gave them to him.

Harry put the glasses on, and he saw Ted's face.

TED TONKS -
I was thinking you needed those.

Harry grinned.

DROMEDA TONKS -
Where's our daughter? Where's Nymphadora?

Harry completely forgot about the others for a moment and hesitated.

HARRY -
I, um...I don't know. I haven't the slightest of what happened to the others.

Ted and Dromeda exchanged looks of despair.

Fear gripped Harry. If the others died...it would be his fault, all his fault...he given them his hairs...

HARRY -
The Portkey...we have to get to the Protkey, and then we'll find out what's happened to her.

Mrs. Tonks started to tear up.

TED TONKS -
Dora'll be alright, Dromeda...she knows her stuff, she's been in plenty tight situations with the Aurors. The Portkey's through here, Harry. It'll be setting off in a few minutes.

Harry followed Ted into a small room where a small hairbrush was sitting.

Mrs. Tonks walked in, still hawty from Harry's shouting.

HARRY -
I-I'll tell Tonks-Dora-to send a word, telling you she's safe...d-don't worry.

Harry walked up to Ted.

HARRY -
Thanks for patching us up-

TED TONKS -
Not a problem!

Harry smiled as Ted shook his hand.

HAGRID -
Wait a minute, Harry...where's Hedwig.?

Harry's stomach churned.

HARRY -
She got hit.

Hagrid patted Harry on the back as Harry remembered the green light hitting the graceful owl-

HAGRID -
Don't fre' Harry, she lived a good, long life-

TED TONKS -
Harry!

The hairbrush started to shake and flash. Harry, rucksack on his shoulder, and Hagrid touched the portkey at the same time, and they spun a thousand miles per hour, and soon, the fell onto grass.

THE BURROW EXTERIOR - DAWN

Harry looked up and saw the Burrow. He smiled.

HAGRID -
Blimey! Portkeys are brutal!

Hagrid grunted as he got up. And then, the front door of the Burrow opened.

It was Mrs. Weasley.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Are you the real Harry Potter?

HARRY -
Yes, Mrs. Weasley.

Harry saw Ginny bolting after her mother.

GINNY -
Harry!

Ginny ran up and swung her arms around Harry.

Ginny quickly broke off as Mrs. Weasley approached.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Where are the others?

HARRY -
What d'you mean? None of them are here?

Mrs. Weasley had the answer etched in her pale, sweating face.

HARRY -
Death Eaters...maybe a hundred of them, came after all of us, I couldn't tell where the others went...and then, Voldemort, he caught up with me. It was too close...

MRS. WEASLEY -
Blimey...

She walked up to Harry and gave him a hug.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Thank goodness you are safe...

Harry patted her on the back as she broke off.

HAGRID -
Yeh got any Brandy Molly? For medicinal purposes?

Mrs. Weasley did not answer.

She walked back in the house, easily distraught with anxiety. Hagrid sat on the ground, waiting.

GINNY -
I'm glad you made it back.

HARRY -
Thanks.

GINNY -
Ron and Tonks should have been back first but they missed their Portkey, it came back without them.

She pointed at a rusty oil can lying on the ground.

GINNY -
That one was supposed to be Dad and Fred's. They were supposed to be the second pair to arrive.

She pointed at a sneaker, also laying on the ground.

GINNY -
You and Hagrid were next...and if they've made it, George and Lupin will be arriving any minute.

Both of them smiled at each other.

Mrs. Weasley walked back out with Hagrid's brandy, and he stowed it all in one drink.

Suddenly, Ginny shouted.

GINNY -
Mum! Look!

A powerful, blue light appeared in the darkness.

It grew larger until George and Lupin spun to the ground. Harry instantly realized that something was wrong : Lupin was carrying George, who had blood on his face and was barely conscious.

Harry ran over and seized George's legs. Both him and Lupin carried George into the Burrow.

Ginny had her hand over her mouth in shock.

GINNY -
Oh my god...

CUT TO - BURROW INTERIOR

Harry couldn't see what had happened to George's face, and as he got into the light, Harry saw blood everywhere. George was placed on the couch, and Mrs. Weasley came in and shrieked.

MRS. WEASLEY -
GEORGE!

She bent down beside George and Harry saw, to his disgust, that one of George's ears were missing.

Suddenly, Harry felt someone grab his arm and drag him outside.

CUT TO - THE BURROW EXTERIOR - NIGHT

Harry was thrown to the ground. Lupin drew his wand at Harry.

HAGRID -
OI! WHAT D'YOU-

LUPIN -
What creature sat in the corner the first time that Harry Potter visited my office at Hogwarts school?

HARRY -
A Grindlylow in a tank?

Lupin, put his wand away, and helped Harry up.

HARGID -
Wha' was tha' about?!

LUPIN -
I sincerely apologize, Harry, but I had to be sure.

HARRY -
Of what?

LUPIN -
We've been betrayed. Someone told Voldemort we would be departing for the Burrow tonight, and the only people who could've told him were directly involved in the plan. You could've been an imposter.

Harry's fears couldn't have been more real.

Hagrid managed to fit through the front door to meet with Lupin and Harry.

HAGRID -
So why aren't yeh checkin' me?

LUPIN -
You're a half-giant. Polyjuice Potion is only made for human-use.

Lupin patted Hagrid's arm and summoned Harry inside.

Harry saw Hagrid look in the distance, as if he had saw something, but he turned around and followed Harry in.

CUT TO - BURROW INTERIOR

Mrs. Weasley was tending to George's grotesque wound. She was crying.

MRS. WEASLEY -
W-what happened t-to you?

George was barely conscious. He started to stir.

GEORGE -
Uhhhh...

Harry, Lupin and Hagrid sat in the kitchen.

HARRY -
None of the Order wouldn't have been able to leak the information that we were moving to Voldemort, he only caught up to me in the end, he didn't really know which one I was in the beginning.

Lupin looked shocked.

LUPIN -
Voldemort caught up with you? What happened, and how did you manage to escape?

HARRY -
Well, the Death Eaters caught up with us as soon as we were in the air. For a moment, they all abandoned the chase, and then, they were back sceonds later.

LUPIN -
Strange...what happened then?

Harry adjusted himself on his seat, and cleared his throat.

HARRY -
We were about several miles from Tonks's Parent's, and, I saw Voldemort. He wasn't riding a broomstick or anything. He was...flying.

Lupin looked worried.

LUPIN -
How-how did you manage to escape?

HARRY -
Well, Voldemort swooped beside me, and was ready to send a killing curse, when Hagrid jumped on him. Voldemort couldn't get to us because of the protective barriers.

Lupin nodded and smiled.

LUPIN -
Blimey...I'm just glad you're alright, Harry.

Harry nodded, also smiling.

Lupin stood up.

LUPIN -
Better check on your friend.

HARRY -
Oh, right, thanks.

Lupin grinned.

Harry exited the kitchen, and Hagrid got up, stumbling around from drinking so much brandy.

HAGRID -
S-'scuse me.

Hagrid passed Lupin. Lupin followed.

CUT TO - THE BURROW - LIVING ROOM

Harry walked in.

HARRY -
How is he?

MRS. WEASLEY -
He's doing alright.

Harry grimaced at the disturbing image of George's missing ear.

Harry muttered under his breath-

HARRY -
Blimey...

Ginny came and patted him on the shoulder. Harry smiled.

Harry then turned to face Lupin.

HARRY -
Hey Lupin, how did he lose his ear?

Lupin looked suddenly filled with rage.

LUPIN -
It was curs-

Suddenly, a loud crack came from outside.

Lupin got up immediately and bolted for the door, motioning Harry and Ginny to stay back.

Lupin opened the door fast and he burst out.

CUT TO - THE BURROW EXTERIOR

It was Kingsley and Hermione.

KINGSLEY -
Lupin!

Lupin put away his wand.

LUPIN -
Kingsley! What happened?

Kinglsey didn't answer, but drew his wand at Harry.

LUPIN -
Hey hey hey hey! It's the real one!

Kinglsey put his wand away.

KINGSLEY -
Oh.

Hermione saw Harry and ran towards him.

HERMIONE -
Harry!

The two gave eachother a hug.

HARRY -
What happened?

HERMIONE -
Death Eaters...everywhere.

HARRY -
Same with me and Hagrid. We barely escaped.

Hermione brushed her hair back with her hand.

Kingsley and Lupin were walking back.

KINGSLEY -
Good to see you again, Potter.

HARRY -
The same to you, sir.

CUT TO - THE BURROW INTERIOR

Hermione saw George laying on the couch, without an ear. She put her hands over her mouth in horror.

Lupin addressed her.

LUPIN -
Snape. Cursed his ear off. Nearly bled to death.

Harry, Hermione and Ginny all looked shocked.

HARRY -
Snape?! You didn't say-

LUPIN -
One of my spells sent his hood back, revealing his face. Trust me, if I got a good enough angle, I would have knocked him out of the sky-

MRS. WEASLEY -
I've stopped the bleeding, but, I don't know if I can grow his ear back...but, thank God, he is going to be alright.

Kingsley called Mrs. Weasley into the kitchen.

Ginny walked up to Harry.

GINNY -
Hermione and Kingsley alright?

HARRY -
Yeah.

Ginny whispered.

GINNY -
Thank goodness.

Suddenly, loud shouting came from the kitchen, along with a crash.

MRS. WEASLEY (OFFSCREEN) -
I'LL PROVE WHO I AM, KINGSLEY! AFTER I'VE SEEN MY SON, NOW BACK OFF IF YOU KNOW WHAT's GOOD FOR YOU!

Harry was shocked by Mrs. Weasley. He never heard her yell like that before.

Someone then entered the living room : it was Arthur and Fred.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Arthur! Oh, thank goodness you're alright! And Fred!

She gave both of them a hug.

Mr. Weasley had the blankest expression on his face. He walked oevr and fell to his knees beside George.

Fred looked unhappy. Never had Harry seen Fred with such sadness in his face.

All of a sudden, George started to stir.

GEORGE -
Uhhh...

MR. WEASLEY -
Hey George...how do you feel?

GEORGE -
Saintlike...

FRED -
What's wroing with him? Did they affect his mind?

GEORGE -
..Saintlike.

George opened his eyes and looked at Fred, and smiled.

GEORGE -
Get it, Fred? I'm holey.

Fred laughed, but Mrs. Weasley sobbed.

FRED -
That was pathetic, George. Out of all the ear jokes in the world, you have to pick "holey"?

GEORGE -
Ah, well...I tried.

George saw Harry.

GEORGE -
Ay, Harry! Um...You ARE Harry...right?

HARRY -
Yeah...yeah, I am.

George smiled.

GEORGE -
At least we got you back okay...Wait a minute-where's Bill, and Ron? Shouldn't they be here by now?

Mrs. Weasley moved closer to George.

MRS. WEASLEY -
They...they aren't back yet.

George's smile turned into a near-frown.

Harry turned to Ginny and motion her to accompany him outside.

CUT TO - BURROW EXTERIOR

GINNY -
Ron and Tonks should have been back by now. They didn't have to travel far. Our Auntie Muriel doesn't live far from here.

Harry didn't say anything, yet, he strode into the darkness. Ginny then took his hand.

GINNY -
I'm really thankful you made it back. I was fearing the worst...

Harry and Ginny stopped and faced each other. They both got closer, but they heard a loud scuffle, and the quickly broke off and the broomstick Ginny was talking about started to shake violently.

GINNY -
It's them!

Suddenly, Ron and Tonks appeared, looking as if they had just been sucked into a whirlwind.

RON -
Harry!

Harry and Ron gave eachother a hug, and Tonks patted Harry on the shoulder.

HARRY -
What kept you?

RON -
Later, perhaps, mate.

TONKS -
Good to see you Harry!

Lupin ran out first.

LUPIN -
Tonks!

TONKS -
Sweetheart!

The two pecked eachother on the lips and gave eachother a long hug.

GINNY -
Ron!

Ron and Ginny gave eachother hugs.

Fred came out second. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley followed.

FRED -
Aaayyyyy, Ron!

MRS. WEASLEY -
Blimey, Ron! We were starting to worry!

RON -
It was the Death Eaters. Relentless, they are.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley both embraced Ron. Ron hugged them back.

MR. WEASLEY -
Come on, let's go inside!

Harry and Ginny smiled at eachother, and went inside.

CUT TO - BURROW INTERIOR - LIVING ROOM

Hermione jumped up when she saw Ron.

HERMIONE -
Ron!

She nearly squeezed the life out of him.

HERMIONE -
We thought-

RON -
I'm alright.

Tonks sat down and was the first to ask the important questions.

TONKS -
What happened to you lot?

HARRY -
Me and Hagrid were nearly overrun by Death Eaters, but we got into the protective barriers safely.

Tonks nodded, and gave her story.

TONKS -
Me and Ron almost got swarmed by them, but, we somehow managed to get off their tracks, and we just barely got to the Portkey in time-

Kingsley came in.

KINGSLEY -
I sincerely apologize, but I must be taking off. I was supposed to be at Downing Street an hour ago. Let me know when the others have returned.

Kinglsey went outside, and the same, unusual crack came from the yard.

Mrs. Weasley came up to Tonks and gave her a hug.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Thank you, for our sons.

TONKS -
Don't worry about it, Molly. It was the least we could do.

Mrs. Weasley smiled.

LUPIN -
How's George?

Ron seemed to be unaware of George laying on the couch. He immediately shot up.

RON -
What? Why? What happened to him?

LUPIN -
Ron, George's-

Mrs. Weasley burst into tears before Lupin could finish his sentence.

Lupin got up and walked to Ron.

LUPIN -
Ron, George's ear has been cursed off.

RON -
WHAT?!

Ron immediately ran to George, who didn't even look like he was even in pain, in fact, he was smiling as usual.

RON -
You alright there?

GEORGE -
Yeah...I'll be totally fine, mate.

Harry heard another crack coming from outside. Lupin got up and drew his wand.

(SILENCE)

Bill and Fleur suddenly burst in.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Bill! Thank goodness!

Mrs. Weasley hugged Bill, who had a claw mark on his face from Fenrir Greyback.

Bill did not look happy, he had a rather sad look on his face.

He looked around at everybody and sighed.

BILL -
Mad-Eye's dead.

It seemed the room froze along with it's inhabitants. No one moved or even said anything.

FLEUR -
We saw it.

Bill nodded, and continued:

BILL -
It happened as soon as we broke off. Mad-Eye and Dung were being chased by- um... Voldemort. He can..fly. Dung was attempting to Disapparate, but Mad-Eye couldn't stop him. Voldemort sent a killing curse straight into Moody's face...he fell off his broom.

Bill's voice started to crack.

BILL -
We couldn't do anything. We were surrounded. We barely made it out.

Hermione started to cry, and Lupin stood up.

LUPIN -
Of course you couldn't have done anything.

Harry looked at Ginny, and the others. They all couldn't believe...Mad-Eye...dead.

Fred entered the room.

FRED -
What's...going on?

BILL -
Mad-Eye...he's dead.

Fred looked shocked. The grin he had on his face was swept away.

Tonks also started to cry into her handkerchief. Hagrid was doing the same thing.

Bill walked over and, with his wand, withdrew a bottle of firewhisky and some glasses. He poured the firewhisky into the glasses.

BILL -
Here.

He used his wand to give each and every one in the room a glass.

BILL -
T-to Mad-Eye: the toughest warrior we ever knew.

EVERYONE -
Mad-Eye.

HAGRID (DRUNK) -
M-Mad-Eye.

Everyone drank their glasses.

Harry felt the firewhisky sear in his throat. It seemed to overpower the sense of fear, and rather, gave Harry a sense of courage.

LUPIN -
So, Mundungus just, disappeared?

Everyone was thinking what Lupin was thinking.

BILL -
I know where you're going at, and I wondered that too.

RON -
He better not have snubbed us! If he did, I'd curse those pointy ears off that little bast-

HERMIONE -
Ron! It's okay.

RON -
OKAY?! Mad-Eye's dead!

Hermione looked hawty at Ron's frustration.

HARRY -
Someone must've knew we were escaping that night, and we shouldn't be throwing mud at who we THINK is responsible. Let's just wait for the facts!

LUPIN -
Harry's right, we should just wait for something to come along. There's no reason to be arguing anymore.

Everyone looked taken aback by Lupin's statement, but they kept to themselves and complied with him.

MRS WEASLEY -
What about Mad-Eye's body?

LUPIN -
We need to recover it.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Can't it-?

LUPIN -
-Wait? No...unless you want him to be in the hands of the Death Eaters.

MRS. WEASLEY -
No, I don't.

Lupin got up.

LUPIN -
Me and Bill will journey to Little Whinging and find Moody's body, before the Ministry can get to him.

Harry got up too.

HARRY -
I've got to go too.

Everyone looked at Harry.

MRS. WEASLEY -
What? Harry dear, don't be silly!

HARRY -
I can't stay here. I'm putting you guys in danger.

FRED -
Yeah, rather than how much we were in when we were getting you out of Little Whinging? Come on, Harry. We got you here, and you just expect us to let you leave?

LUPIN -
Fred's right, Harry. Leave it to us. You're the important one here, and, I'm not putting you in danger again!

HARRY -
If Voldemort finds me-

RON -
Why the hell should he? You might be in a dozen different places by now, Harry! Don't be stupid, mate!

HARRY -
I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about all of you-

MRS. WEASLEY -
We know that, Harry, and leaving will make all our efforts tonight go to waste...and, what do you think Mad-Eye would say? If you leave, you'd be disgracing him! He sacrificed our safety to get you out, and that would make his death worth nothing-

GEORGE -
Yeah, and what 'bout my ear?

HARRY -
I KNOW! I know!

Harry thought about it, and felt stupid for even saying he was leaving.

LUPIN -
We have to leave...now.

Bill and Lupin exited the room, and once again, a loud crack sounded from the yard.

MRS. WEASLEY -
Oh, Harry, where's Hedwig?

Harry didn't answer...he didn't WANT to answer, so he drank the last of his firewhisky.

HAGRID (DRUNK) -
Eh, Harry, what did yeh do with yer wand? I saw *hiccup* odd flames coming from it! What type o' magic was that?

HARRY -
I-I don't know. It just acted by itself.

LUPIN -
Hmmmm, very interesting.

I'll do more later...but what do you think?

Last edited by Stupefy150; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:43 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies