Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Old January 5th, 2012, 1:30 am
First Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
I don't think Kristen Stewart will disappoint with the birthing scene. She can play a woman in pain very well. Just look at the ballet scene in Twilight.
hahahaha! ROFL

Old March 26th, 2012, 6:55 am
Sixth Year

Just saw the preview with hunger games. I loved finally seeing Bella as a vampire! That was great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZkF...24FOAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by phoenix88; March 26th, 2012 at 4:27 pm.
Old May 1st, 2012, 9:30 am
First Year

I thought it was one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

"The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution." JK Rowling
Old May 1st, 2012, 4:46 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgold View Post
I'm taking issue with the "entirely" part of it. Edward has a lot of morally questionable qualities but the reason he is so well loved is because he also has even more exemplary qualities.
Those "exemplary qualities" he has, though, are put to use seducing and manipulating a 17 year old girl for no other reason that he finds her smell irresistible.

Just as you take issue with the "entirely" part of reddit's review, I take issue with the fact that Edward and Bella have absolutely no basis for a relationship or being in love than Edward being infatuated with her smell and Bella thinking he's the most beautiful boy she's ever seen which, IMO, is a much bigger issue than Edward's morality or lack thereof because their love affair is the entire basis of the four novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoWarlow View Post
I thought it was one of the funniest films I have ever seen.
My mom and I have a joke that the Twlight saga is like a train wreck you just can't take your yes away from - whenever a trailer comes on the TV or in a movie theater one of us starts starts making arm motions like the struts on a train engine's wheels and going "chooga-chooga chooga-chooga CHOO-CHOO!!" We're going to see BDp2 so we can s****** at the awfulness and bask in the fangirl giggles and sighs around us. It makes for a hillarious time at the movies!

Old June 7th, 2012, 7:48 pm
MODLY CREW

You're welcome to criticise this film and the book but remember that this is a family friendly forum and that all criticism must be constructive. Posts have been deleted.

Old June 8th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Seventh Year

The one thing I'm really hoping for is a major non-Twlight-canon rewrite of the ending of BD -- since nothing at all happens. If they make the movie and it more or less follows what happens in the books (a bunch of people gather in a big field and stand around talking) it will be the worst, most anti-climactic ending of a movies since... well... I can't think of any other movie with a worse ending than that. At least DHp2 had an actual battle surrounding the standing around talking part even if I didn't like it.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion