Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Old April 23rd, 2009, 7:21 pm
Sixth Year

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Although it hasn't been officially confirmed by summit, I was surprised to read that behind the scenes breaking dawn has been greenlit. Shooting is supposed to be a year from now in spring 2010 with its release in early 2011.

Of all the books, I thought this would be the hardest to adapt mainly because of renesmee and the fact that a lot of fans didn't care for what was deemed a rather anticlimactic ending.

Still, I guess summit wants to keep this gravy train rolling as quickly as possible I would love to see those honeymoon scenes

Here's the link:
http://acting411.blogspot.com/2009/0...d-casting.html

Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2009, 5:27 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88 View Post
Although it hasn't been officially confirmed by summit, I was surprised to read that behind the scenes breaking dawn has been greenlit. Shooting is supposed to be a year from now in spring 2010 with its release in early 2011.

Of all the books, I thought this would be the hardest to adapt mainly because of renesmee and the fact that a lot of fans didn't care for what was deemed a rather anticlimactic ending.

Still, I guess summit wants to keep this gravy train rolling as quickly as possible I would love to see those honeymoon scenes

Here's the link:
http://acting411.blogspot.com/2009/0...d-casting.html
According to Melissa Rosenberg, Breaking Dawn hasn't been officially been greenlit yet--apparently, Steph still isn't sure how it can be made. Largely because of Renesmee, I believe--it is going to be hard to depict an incredibly intelligent baby. I mean, minutes after her birth she can can already look Jacob straight in the eye! Should be tricky finding a newborn baby who can do even a remote semblance of that. And I personally can't imagine Renesmee being done completely in CGI ('course, if someone manages to achieve this, she'll be the new Gollum Maybe someone should get Weta and the CG guys from LOTR).

Regardless of what fans think about the ending of BD, I think they'd want to see it made. Just for the sake of finishing the saga. I love the ending, so I'd definitely watch it

"No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. Perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor."--Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Bleach
Old April 27th, 2009, 4:16 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue3ski View Post
According to Melissa Rosenberg, Breaking Dawn hasn't been officially been greenlit yet--apparently, Steph still isn't sure how it can be made. Largely because of Renesmee, I believe--it is going to be hard to depict an incredibly intelligent baby. I mean, minutes after her birth she can can already look Jacob straight in the eye! Should be tricky finding a newborn baby who can do even a remote semblance of that. And I personally can't imagine Renesmee being done completely in CGI ('course, if someone manages to achieve this, she'll be the new Gollum Maybe someone should get Weta and the CG guys from LOTR).

Regardless of what fans think about the ending of BD, I think they'd want to see it made. Just for the sake of finishing the saga. I love the ending, so I'd definitely watch it
Yeah, renesmee will be a real challenge. I also think you're right about the fans. We'll all probably go see it no matter what just to see the book come alive onscreen. I still have no idea how they woud do the final confrontation too- with bella and her shield, alec and the mist, etc. It would be really tough to convey that onscreen. They would really need a talented, creative director for that.

Old April 30th, 2009, 6:28 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Yeah, renesmee will be a real challenge. I also think you're right about the fans. We'll all probably go see it no matter what just to see the book come alive onscreen. I still have no idea how they woud do the final confrontation too- with bella and her shield, alec and the mist, etc. It would be really tough to convey that onscreen. They would really need a talented, creative director for that.
I'd also love to see how they depict the other talents--like Zafrina's, Kate's and Benjamin's. And I'm interested to see how the "arrows" of Jane's talent will look like.

I vote for Peter Jackson!

"No trial, no error, no ability to conceptualize. Perfection would make us obsolete. Many magnificent things have been, and will continue to come into existence. And yet every last one of them will fall short of perfection's finish. Our function as men of science relies on their many shortcomings. Then, and only then, can we apply the fruits of our labor."--Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Bleach
Old May 15th, 2009, 7:53 pm
First Year

I've seen some pretty crazy special effects in movies. They can so pull this off. Just a lot of green screen lol. I think they'll be just fine. Even though I'm a little worried about the Renesmee thing.

Old May 15th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellingtonfan View Post
I've seen some pretty crazy special effects in movies. They can so pull this off. Just a lot of green screen lol. I think they'll be just fine. Even though I'm a little worried about the Renesmee thing.
I know.. I'm wondering how they'll do it too but considering they did such a great job with benjamin button I think it might be okay.

I just wonder how they're going to do that amazing finale when edward finally gets to hear bella's thoughts!!!!! I was crying buckets when I read that last page!!!

Old May 15th, 2009, 10:16 pm
First Year

OMG ME TOO!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one lol. So beautiful. I can just picture the look in Rob's eye when they film that. He'll do great.

Old May 19th, 2009, 12:44 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellingtonfan View Post
OMG ME TOO!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one lol. So beautiful. I can just picture the look in Rob's eye when they film that. He'll do great.
I know! It'll be so amazing!!! I just don't know how in the world they will be able to show bella's shield coming down for him. Will they suddenly have the audience actually hear bella's thoughts kind of like the voicovers or will it all come down to rob's facial expressions? It will be tough to pull off. That's why the book is usually better than the movie (sigh!)

Old May 19th, 2009, 7:40 pm
Third Year

Actually, Rob confirmed today at the Cannes Film Festival that Breaking Dawn will be made into a movie. I think this one will be the biggest budget of the four films because:
1. Renesmee obviously. Maybe they'll use CGI.
2. The wedding. They're going to have to have alot of stuff to pull off an Alice wedding!
3. Isle Esme.
4. The whole Volturi scene. They're going to have to pay all the actors and hire ones that were not seen in the previous films.

I loved Breaking Dawn the book, and I hope they don't mess it up! They are probaley going to have to fix certain points in the film like Isle Esme and Renesmee's birthing scene to avoid an R rating.

Old May 20th, 2009, 2:03 am
Seventh Year

If the book was a disappointment to me, I am thinking the movie will be the same.

Old May 20th, 2009, 2:38 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally_xx View Post
If the book was a disappointment to me, I am thinking the movie will be the same.
Yes, I know it was disappointing for a lot of people, especially the showdown that never happened.

Still, I will definitely go just to see the honeymoon scenes (edward in the water and pillow biting) and when edward and bella go hunting for the first time. That would be a sight to see!!!

Old May 23rd, 2009, 3:41 am
Third Year

Quote:
Yes, I know it was disappointing for a lot of people, especially the showdown that never happened.

Still, I will definitely go just to see the honeymoon scenes (edward in the water and pillow biting) and when edward and bella go hunting for the first time. That would be a sight to see!!!
I was kind of disappointed about the showdown, but I liked the way they solved it. We can't always except a huge fight. Still, it would've been cool to see vampire Bella fighting the Volturi.

Old June 6th, 2009, 6:56 am
Banned

I don't think Kristen Stewart will disappoint with the birthing scene. She can play a woman in pain very well. Just look at the ballet scene in Twilight.

I am very anxious to see how the heck they do this film.

Old June 7th, 2009, 8:40 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
I don't think Kristen Stewart will disappoint with the birthing scene. She can play a woman in pain very well. Just look at the ballet scene in Twilight.

I am very anxious to see how the heck they do this film.
So am I! I can't wait to see Kristen and Rob as parents. That will be so cute! I'm pretty sure Kristen will do the birthing scene well also. She did pretty good in Twilight!

Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:18 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally_xx View Post
I agree. BD was the worst of the books, IMO, and I don't see how they'll do Breaking Dawn without having to change quite a bit from the book. Especially the final Volturi "showdown". It may have worked for Meyer in her book. But audiences will be bored with it onscreen, the way it happened in the book, if they stick to the book.
BD will have to have a bit of a bigger budget. And I expect die hard fans will love the movie no matter what. But they'll have to find a way to cater to other movie goers if they want BD to succeed.

Old June 24th, 2009, 12:16 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
I agree. BD was the worst of the books, IMO, and I don't see how they'll do Breaking Dawn without having to change quite a bit from the book. Especially the final Volturi "showdown". It may have worked for Meyer in her book. But audiences will be bored with it onscreen, the way it happened in the book, if they stick to the book.
BD will have to have a bit of a bigger budget. And I expect die hard fans will love the movie no matter what. But they'll have to find a way to cater to other movie goers if they want BD to succeed.

Yes, I can't imagine those who didn't read the book will be satisfied with the battle that never was. They are going to have to do something to spice up the ending. I agree though that book fans will go no matter what. Look what happened with twilight I can't wait to see bella as a vampire. I think that would be great- and of course the end when edward gets to hear her thoughts for the first time. I have no idea how they will do that!

Old November 5th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Registered Animagus

So Jamie Campbell Bower wants Tim Burton to direct Breaking Dawn.

What do you think about this? Good idea? Bad idea? Yes, or no?

Yes, as long as he keeps most of his usual actors for movies (Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, so and so and so) out of the movie (or have a few for the witness vampires if he HAS to.) The book is crazier than the first three. So, yeah, I think I could see him be the director.

Now, even though I said "as long as he keeps his usual actors out of the movie", he could use a few...

Alan Rickman for J. Jenks would be a great choice.
Johnny and Helena could have "cameos" as witness vampires.

Old November 5th, 2009, 11:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
So Jamie Campbell Bower wants Tim Burton to direct Breaking Dawn.

What do you think about this? Good idea? Bad idea? Yes, or no?

Yes, as long as he keeps most of his usual actors for movies (Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, so and so and so) out of the movie (or have a few for the witness vampires if he HAS to.) The book is crazier than the first three. So, yeah, I think I could see him be the director.

Now, even though I said "as long as he keeps his usual actors out of the movie", he could use a few...

Alan Rickman for J. Jenks would be a great choice.
Johnny and Helena could have "cameos" as witness vampires.
Hmmm.. I don't know. Tim Burton usually has a really dark, quirky take on things. Sometimes I like it ( edward scissorhands) and other times I don't ( the 2nd batman movie with the penguin from the 90s.) I am not sure if he could capture the romance, etc.

Old November 20th, 2009, 6:30 pm
Sixth Year

*lol* I think Burton would actually make BD work in a bizarre way. The fans probably wouldn't approve much.

I hope he doesn't actually. I like Burton too much.

Old November 21st, 2009, 8:07 pm
Fourth Year

I am a staunch Twihater but am a fan of Burton's work. I think it could do the film franchise some good, although I am quite confident he is above the Twilight Saga.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion