Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Worst movies ever!

Old July 10th, 2011, 1:30 am
Second Year

Re: Worst movies ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
People love Kick *** here. I haven't seen it myself though. Not the kind of movie I like to watch. I expected more from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but maybe I was just too tired while watching in on a 15 hour bus ride. I love the idea behind National Treasure and I like Cage in general.

Can't think of any movie I really dislike that much that I cringe... so far.

Oh I know! "Don't mess with the Zohan" , "Ace Ventura", "The Mask" and so on... I don't like this kind of humor.
In the hands of another actor Treasure would have been better.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:06 am
Third Year

Um...Goblet of Fire... And Land of the Lost was pretty bad too.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:19 am
Third Year

I didn't remember this lovely movie when I posted in this thread last time. The movie Virgin Territory with Hayden Christensen was, quite possibly, one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot was non-existent and the acting was beyond sub-par. Hayden's "British" accent came and went in the middle of sentences and the movie seemed to depend entirely on the occasional bit of unnecessary nudity.

Terrible, terrible movie. When I was working at the video store, I would talk people out of watching it when they brought the disc to the register. It was THAT BAD! Starting a bonfire and burning a $5.00 bill would have been more productive.

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.
Old July 11th, 2011, 5:38 pm
First Year

Shattered Glass just awful

Twilight? The acting is way of nothing like the book

Old July 11th, 2011, 6:13 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFernandez View Post

The one positive thing I took from Twilight was that for me, I hated the characters less. I mean, I still thought they were one-dimensional, had no personality, and there was nothing to like about them, but I didn't want to throw my television across the room, like I did with the book (literally).

Old July 11th, 2011, 7:14 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
The one positive thing I took from Twilight was that for me, I hated the characters less. I mean, I still thought they were one-dimensional, had no personality, and there was nothing to like about them, but I didn't want to throw my television across the room, like I did with the book (literally).
I loved Twilight, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:08 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
I loved Twilight, one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
Is the post ironic lol

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:00 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFernandez View Post

I have no comment on Twilight. More than anything, I'm not a fan of the book's one-dimentional characterizations so the movie didn't really have much to work with.

I disagree with you on Shattered Glass (to each her own, right?) because I thought it was the only Hayden Christensen movie where his acting wasn't completely terrible. I don't know if you knew it while watching the film, but Shattered Glass is based on a true story of a pathological liar who worked for the New Republic. Glass actually dreamed up complete articles and passed them off as fact--each lie constantly expanding to cover even more lies. All of the article names and storylines in the movie were actual articles published by the magazine.

He completely destroyed his reputation, lost his job and friends. Overall, the movie was an incredibly well-done portrayal of this event. Yes, it's a slow movie (not good for a casual Friday-night movie night), but a solid watch for the storyline itself. Hayden actually nailed the character of Stephen Glass--shocking, I know.

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.

Last edited by Inigo Imago; July 11th, 2011 at 11:03 pm.
Old July 12th, 2011, 7:49 pm
Fourth Year

I recently saw Bad Teacher. All the funny moments were in the trailer, so it was a waste of money to see it in the theater.

I also thought the first Hangover movie was pretty dumb, but I also saw it long after all the hype, so I was expecting something really good. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.

Old July 12th, 2011, 10:43 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
I also thought the first Hangover movie was pretty dumb, but I also saw it long after all the hype, so I was expecting something really good. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.
I don't think it's terrible enough to make it into my "worst" list, but it's definitly on the "biggest waste of time" list. I only saw it because everyone was going on about how hilarious it was. I just thought it was stupid and didn't laugh once (but cringed a few times when they were trying to be funny).

Old July 12th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Zonko's Employee

Hands down Avatar was the worst movie I have ever seen.

Here he is on a summer vacation trip to the Canary Islands with Fluffy, his second favorite dog.
Old July 12th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Third Year

I saw on Rotten Tomatoes that Green Lantern got like a 26%. I haven't seen it, but I seem to remember that being one that a lot of people wanted to see...

Was it really that bad?

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old July 13th, 2011, 2:39 am
I want to believe

Many of the movies listed here are ones I would never see (and have never seen). However, I'd have to list Star Trek: The Motion Picture as one of the worst movies I've seen (not the newest one directed by J.J. Abrams, I'm talking about the first Star Trek movie ever, lest there be any confusion ).

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old July 14th, 2011, 12:58 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Imago View Post
I have no comment on Twilight. More than anything, I'm not a fan of the book's one-dimentional characterizations so the movie didn't really have much to work with.

I disagree with you on Shattered Glass (to each her own, right?) because I thought it was the only Hayden Christensen movie where his acting wasn't completely terrible. I don't know if you knew it while watching the film, but Shattered Glass is based on a true story of a pathological liar who worked for the New Republic. Glass actually dreamed up complete articles and passed them off as fact--each lie constantly expanding to cover even more lies. All of the article names and storylines in the movie were actual articles published by the magazine.

He completely destroyed his reputation, lost his job and friends. Overall, the movie was an incredibly well-done portrayal of this event. Yes, it's a slow movie (not good for a casual Friday-night movie night), but a solid watch for the storyline itself. Hayden actually nailed the character of Stephen Glass--shocking, I know.
I guess i could give it another try i never actualyy finished watching it everyone walked out of the Cinema lol

Old July 14th, 2011, 1:03 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
People love Kick *** here. I haven't seen it myself though. Not the kind of movie I like to watch. I expected more from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but maybe I was just too tired while watching in on a 15 hour bus ride. I love the idea behind National Treasure and I like Cage in general.

Can't think of any movie I really dislike that much that I cringe... so far.

Oh I know! "Don't mess with the Zohan" , "Ace Ventura", "The Mask" and so on... I don't like this kind of humor.
I couldn't stand that one. As for 'The Mask'... -- I didn't mind it. It was pretty funny.

One movie I hate to the core though is... 'Dumb and Dumber'...

And one movie my mom hated... was, 'Pocket Money' with Paul Newman in it. She said it was so bad that she walked out of the theatre during it.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; July 14th, 2011 at 1:05 am.
Old July 14th, 2011, 7:34 am
Second Year

Pretty much every 2000's movie is boring and bad plot lines, of course, I'm not including Harry Potter in these.

Old July 14th, 2011, 3:37 pm
First Year

Arachnophobia - Spiders dodging bullets?! puh-lease.

Old July 15th, 2011, 5:55 pm
First Year

I didn't like Inception at all. I always mixed up what was reality and what dream and it got so annoying. My brain doesn't enjoy "difficult" movies like it is.

Old July 18th, 2011, 5:05 am
Second Year

Snakes on a Plane, Mystery Men, and Stone are all movies that I hated.

Old July 25th, 2011, 6:42 am
First Year

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The newer one, not the old BBC movie with the people in Wolf costumes ( That has charm). I couldn't get over how terrible the main characters were in the movie.

The eldest boy gets commended for killing a wolf that JUMPED ON HIS BLADE! He didn't swing at it, he was just pointing the blade at the wolf. It's a talking Wolf that has already sworn alliance to the ice lady, kill it!

The eldest girl was crabby and while that is a character trait I don't get bothered over about, She was dutifully annoying with her ravenous complaining.

Edward ( I actually remember his name) was a fool for going off with a white ice woman in a land he had never been before with creatures that are known as "Myth" in his world. He then sold his family for Turkish Delight... what a brother.

The youngest was the least annoying she showed heart and hope but didn't really do much else.

I never read the books so don't hate me for not "understanding" the characters. I went and saw it as a moviegoer.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion