Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Bowling

Old October 8th, 2010, 11:48 pm
First Year

Bowling

Hey Everyone,

I started this thread because I noticed there is no place on here to talk about this great ancient sport, that is still huge for people of all ages today. It doesn't matter how good you are, its fun to go for a party, a night out with friends, or even one on one battle royal having to quote Harry Potter before each shot of your frame. Through the years bowling has been made into a kid friendly sport. Back in the day kids we happy if they could end with a 30, theres still times now where I end up in the gutters every now and than. I found this article below from September 11, 1988 from the Los Angeles Times talking about the invention of bumpers. This allows kids, instead of going out there and acting like scoring is like golf, and lowest score wins, they can get up to the 100's. Even now I sometime chose to use bumpers. I certainly don't need them, but they are nice to have as a safety net. Even if they are only hit a few times a game, they help keep bowlers confidence up. I do have to admit playing bumper bowing where you roll the ball as hard as you can right off of the bumper is a lot of fun, it is just a great sport that has stayed alive and strong through the years.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-09-...bumper-bowling

Sponsored Links
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports