Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH etc.

Old August 10th, 2007, 2:41 am
First Year

Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH etc.

So who here watches a form of Pro Wrestling?

Wrestling is what I plan on doing with my life. I catch it everytime I can. Raw,Smackdown,you name it,I know about it. For some reason,I like some heels,(bad guys,)along with faces(good guys.)

I am still sticking with Chris Benoit,he's innocent until proven guilty. I am a big fan of his,and may he rest in peace.

Anyways,lets discuss Wrestling!

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:12 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Pro Wrestling:WWE,TNA,ROH,etc.

I catch WWE now and again. I used to be a HUGE fan of WCW when I was younger, but then I grew out of it! I don't like TNA much though - if I am going to watch wrestling it is always WWE.

Squirrelio Fans - If you love Flashforward, listen to our podcast!
Obliviate! - Come join my Harry Potter/Flashforward forum!
Old October 7th, 2007, 5:57 am
Fourth Year

Re: Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH, etc.

Me too. I was a bigggg WWF fan when I was younger, then it became the WWE and I sort of got lost in the middle of it I still catch it every time I can, though.

My favorite wrestler from nowadays is Batista. He is a 'one walking muscle'. I will always love "The Rock". He was my favorite character ... I miss him. At least I will always have his bubblehead ...

I don't know, maybe it is because I'm a ROCK fan, but I think Batista is the "Rock" of this times. Just as I kind of see John Cena as the "Stone Cold" of this times ... maybe I'm just crazy and longing for the past

Anyway, when I was even younger I loved watching the Ultimate Warrior charge into the ring. That always excited me! Bret Hart was a fave, Vintage Shawn Michaels and of course, Vintage Undertaker!!! I'm glad he's closer to his former persona this days. He is still one of my faves.

EDIT: Sorry, but I forgot to mention Carlito Caribbean Cool I HAVE to give him a Shout Out because he is my fellow Puerto Rican. I still remember when he started on the Puerto Rican wrestling beside his father, brother and sister. His hair has gotten out of control since then!!! When he comes to PR he stays 100% on character, IN EVERYTHING, wrestling related or not. He is so funny to watch.

Sig made by the awesome cybobbie

You wish we were in your House

The ASP at Hogwarts, Hogwarts Staff Meeting and The Prince of Hogwarts (An ASP at Hogwarts prequel): All by Inkwolf

Last edited by GinnyIsGenius; October 7th, 2007 at 6:04 am.
Old October 7th, 2007, 9:12 am
Second Year

I'm a big fan. Though this has been a pretty awful year for both WWE (Benoit, steroid scandals, lackluster booking, Cena monopolizing the title on Raw, Batista and Khali on Smackdown) and TNA (Russo-izing storylines, face/heel turns that make no sense), some things are looking up. We will get a new WWE champ, and it will hopefully overlap with
Spoiler: show
the return of Chris Jericho, which is believed to be that SAVE_US.222 vignette.
and the New Hart Foundation may debut soon.

My current favorite wrestlers are Mr. Kennedy, HHH, CM Punk, Carlito, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, and John Morrison.

All-time favorites include Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake The Snake Roberts, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior (before I learned he was a fascist scumbag in real life), RVD, Steve Austin, The Rock, and Mick Foley (particularly as Mankind).

Quote:
I don't know, maybe it is because I'm a ROCK fan, but I think Batista is the "Rock" of this times. Just as I kind of see John Cena as the "Stone Cold" of this times ... maybe I'm just crazy and longing for the past
I think you are. Batista can't carry Rock's jockstrap, and it is mutual for Cena and Austin. I say if anyone is like the Rock today, it is Mr. Kennedy. His mic skills are on that level, and remind me of a young heel Rock.

Conservatives want to be your daddy, telling you what to do and what not to do. Liberals want to be your mommy, feeding you, tucking you in, and wiping your nose. Libertarians want to treat you as an adult

Last edited by Hanover_Fist; October 7th, 2007 at 9:16 am.
Old October 7th, 2007, 5:20 pm
Second Year

I have it on whenit's on I used to be a big fan, but the story lines are getting so stupid, like Hornswagole being Vince's son is just to way out there.

Old October 7th, 2007, 5:44 pm
Second Year

Brother Love heh, what a guy. WWF in the early 90's, and WWF, WCW in the late 90's when NWO came. I still have the action figures of Jake the Snake Roberts and Ultimate Warrior in my house somewhere, and the wwf blue ring (the toy, not the real thing). I went to a wwf event when I was six, in Connecticut, it was either in Hartford or Stanford, can't remember. Then when I was 14 or 15, I went to Monday night Nitro and a ppv event for wcw. Wolfpac awuuuuu! I have the t-shirt and the theme song. I always loved it when I was into it and all back then. I still have the nintendo 64 video games, wwf raw is war, wcw/nwo world tour and revenge. I played wwf no mercy and wcw mayhem (I think that was the name). It was good stuff.

Old October 7th, 2007, 5:50 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyIsGenius
EDIT: Sorry, but I forgot to mention Carlito Caribbean Cool I HAVE to give him a Shout Out because he is my fellow Puerto Rican. I still remember when he started on the Puerto Rican wrestling beside his father, brother and sister. His hair has gotten out of control since then!!! When he comes to PR he stays 100% on character, IN EVERYTHING, wrestling related or not. He is so funny to watch
I agree! Carlito is VERY entertaining to watch, he's so energetic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrscole
I have it on whenit's on I used to be a big fan, but the story lines are getting so stupid, like Hornswagole being Vince's son is just to way out there.
I think so too. The storylines are getting beyond far-fetched....but the idea of Hornswaggle being McMahon's son did give me a good laugh! Believeable - no. Funny - definitely!

Squirrelio Fans - If you love Flashforward, listen to our podcast!
Obliviate! - Come join my Harry Potter/Flashforward forum!
Old October 7th, 2007, 7:23 pm
First Year

i love WWE, been watching ever since i was 4 or 5 and im 18 now. me and my friends to used to have "wrestling matches" on my trampoline, which consisted mostly of us falling over and extreme pillow usage (no one ever got hurt, thankfully). im still in shock that just like that Cena is out for 6-8 and we get a new WWE champ tonite, sucky way to end a year long + title reign.

Quote:
but the idea of Hornswaggle being McMahon's son did give me a good laugh!
i love hornswaggle , he is the thing that makes Raw work. i particulary liked when he was kicking himself in the head in front of Regal last week and Steve-o walked in.

and whatever happened to RVD, did he quit because Sabu got released? or is he still on the injured bench from Randy Orton?

"When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"
"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."
-Harry Potter

"Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore."
- Lord Voldemort
Old October 8th, 2007, 1:23 am
Second Year

RVD's contract expired, and he didn't re-sign. His match with Orton was his sendoff. Like Jericho a few years ago, he was just tired of the travel schedule and physical toll and wanted some time off with his wife. However, he left WWE on good terms.

Quote:
I agree! Carlito is VERY entertaining to watch, he's so energetic!
He has a lot of potential to be a major breakout star. However, I notice that when he's a heel, he does a lot less of the high-flying, flashy moves. I have a feeling that heels are told to cut down on their repertoire to avoid making the face look bad, or having the fans forget they are supposed to boo them.

As for Hornswoggle, Mr. Kennedy was originally supposed to be Vince's son, but then Kennedy was busted with steroids and suspended, and subsequently punished. They had to call an audible at the last minute to change the storyline.

Conservatives want to be your daddy, telling you what to do and what not to do. Liberals want to be your mommy, feeding you, tucking you in, and wiping your nose. Libertarians want to treat you as an adult
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:19 pm
Sixth Year

I'm a huge wrestling fan, and have been one since 1997. I started watching it with WCW and miss those days so much. My number one fave wrestler is and always will be Diamond Dallas Page, even though he's retired. I have so many faves on WWE that I don't want to list them all. I'm sad Cena had to give up the title, but I can't wait to see what Orton will do with it.

I don't watch TNA anymore since I found out DDP is retired. He was the only reason I wanted to watch anyway.

Old May 15th, 2008, 4:43 am
Third Year

Re: Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH etc.

Okay I USEDD to be a hugeeeee WWE fan until thsi summer it kind of died away. But it was my little secret though

Anyways my favourites were (mayve they still are ) Rey Mysterio! Chris Beniot, John Cena, Eddie Guerrrero (RIP), The Undertaker and some others....

for other hockey team supporters:
its too late to apologize... but its not to late to flamitize!
I'VE GOT A C FLAMING ON MY CHEST!

Proud member of GSWIA! (Guys Sound Wow with an Irish Accent!)

Snape always had a reason

http://www.calgary-city-maps.com/images/CalgaryFlames.gif
Old May 15th, 2008, 6:21 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius_lee_G View Post
Okay I USEDD to be a hugeeeee WWE fan until thsi summer it kind of died away. But it was my little secret though

Anyways my favourites were (mayve they still are ) Rey Mysterio! Chris Beniot, John Cena, Eddie Guerrrero (RIP), The Undertaker and some others....
Chris Benoit is dead as well.
I miss the old WCW vs. WWE days when there was real competition between brands.

Old May 15th, 2008, 6:23 am
Third Year

yea....
I don't watch it anymore at all because the old meaning is sort of gone

Old December 10th, 2008, 3:08 pm
First Year

Hi Guys,

Just looking around this site and saw this thread, i still watch TNA and WWE but unfortunately the WWE seems to be going around in the same ways as it was Pet Insurance year, with both John Cena and Edge coming back and wining the titles straight away.

Would like to see some new storylines to really shake pro wrestling up

Last edited by nathan3011; May 14th, 2009 at 3:56 pm.
Old December 14th, 2008, 6:09 am
Seventh Year

I use to watch WWE all the time from Spring 1999 to sometime in late 2003. I never missed Raw. My Monday night consisted of 7th heaven at 7pm and then Raw from 8pm to 10pm I'd been to sevearl Raws , a couple of house shows and I attended the No Mercy PPV in 2001. Truly there nothing really like going to see the show live anyone who watches should really catch at least one live event. The last show I went to which was probably in 2004 well at that point I had not really been watching for months yet i still enjoyed it.

I still catch it here and there but its been years since I saw a whole Raw from start to end. I did catch Ric Flair retirement this past March and that was nice.

Some of my favorites were Matt and Jeff Hardy, Lita, Kane, Taker absolutely loved 2001's Brothers of Destruction. Triple H, Shane O'Mac, Billy Gunn, Val Venis, The GodFather, Edge and Christian, Jackie.

Last edited by dobby_rocks; December 14th, 2008 at 6:11 am.
Old January 11th, 2009, 4:39 am
First Year

Wrestling is just not as fun to watch now days, I like the WCW from the mid to late 90's. Then Vince had to buy WCW and ruin wrestling FOREVER!

Old March 9th, 2009, 5:08 pm
Sixth Year

I don't think it's totally ruined, but it is getting boring. I really wish we had some good rivalries. Hopefully, the Triple H and Randy Orton feud will be good as well as the Matt/Jeff feud. I'm hoping that Matt and Jeff fight at Wrestlemania. That would be awesome.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:12 pm
Third Year

Okay I admit it, I'm getting back into WWE again!

I can't wait until wrestlemania!!!! The matches look so good!
I think that Shawn Micheals versus The Undertaker should be awesome!!
and the triple threat match too! (Go John Cena!!)
And of course Triple H versus Randy Orton.

Old April 7th, 2009, 4:40 pm
Sixth Year

From what I've heard last night, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels was one of the best matches ever. I can't wait to get WrestleMania on DVD. I'm also glad Cena won and that Triple H beat Orton. Did you see RAW last night? The Animal is back!!! I nearly squealed when I heard his music. I'm so glad he's going to fight at Backlash.

And what about that WWE Draft next week? I won't be able to watch all of it due to House and Heroes, but I'll watch some of it. I can always go online to see what happens. I can't wait, but I can't believe it's so soon.

Old May 25th, 2009, 9:08 am
First Year

im going to canada in a bit over a year, to train at Lance Storms training academy. wrestling is pretty much my life

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports