Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH etc.

Old June 17th, 2009, 8:46 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Pro Wrestling: WWE, TNA, ROH etc.

Awesome. Good luck with that.

So, what do you guys think about Trump owning RAW? I think it's just a storyline to build up another feud between Trump and Vince. That's pretty obvious.

Old September 3rd, 2009, 4:35 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

The standard of WWE's product has declined greatly since WCW collapsed. The fact that Johnny Ace has filled the company with lingerie models doesn't help either. At the moment, only the Jeff Hardy/CM Punk feud is worth watching. RAW has descended into farce with the tedious guest host concept. WWE also has too many titles. They really need three (WWE Championship, WWE Intercontinental, and WWE Tag Team). It looks ridiculous also for the WWE Champion to still be walking around with John Cena's old spinner belt. ECW is a waste of time and barely deserves comment. It is so unlike what an ECW brand should be, they may as well have not used the name "ECW" at all.

Old September 8th, 2009, 2:18 am
First Year

I absoultely love WWE.

Old September 12th, 2009, 3:39 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
From what I've heard last night, Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels was one of the best matches ever. I can't wait to get WrestleMania on DVD.
I've heard this from some "hard-core" fans who just loved it. I'm anxious to see the DVD, too. I love Undertaker and Shawn from way back.

I really miss the Rock, Steve Austin, Badass Billy Gunn, Al Snow (and Head), and, Mick Foley in all of his personae.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old September 12th, 2009, 9:46 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeberanBlack View Post
The standard of WWE's product has declined greatly since WCW collapsed. The fact that Johnny Ace has filled the company with lingerie models doesn't help either. At the moment, only the Jeff Hardy/CM Punk feud is worth watching. RAW has descended into farce with the tedious guest host concept. WWE also has too many titles. They really need three (WWE Championship, WWE Intercontinental, and WWE Tag Team). It looks ridiculous also for the WWE Champion to still be walking around with John Cena's old spinner belt. ECW is a waste of time and barely deserves comment. It is so unlike what an ECW brand should be, they may as well have not used the name "ECW" at all.
Smackdown, for the most part, is good. John Morrison is probably the best athlete on the entire WWE roster, except maybe Evan Bourne. Punk/Taker is shaping up to be a great feud as well, and after it's over, I'm hoping Morrison can step up to the next level.

I agree on Raw. I hate the celebrity guest hosts, same three guys in the main event (particularly when it's Cena), and the overabundance of titles. Although, I would have the IC and US titles separate and brand-exclusive, while the WWE, Tag, and Women's Champions "float" between the three brands.

ECW is good for developing young stars. Yoshi Tatsu and Sheamus have a lot of potential. I agree, call it something else, but keep it around to establish new guys who would otherwise be buried on Raw or Smackdown.

Conservatives want to be your daddy, telling you what to do and what not to do. Liberals want to be your mommy, feeding you, tucking you in, and wiping your nose. Libertarians want to treat you as an adult
Old September 12th, 2009, 9:54 pm
Banned

I miss the days of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock.

Old September 14th, 2009, 3:10 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

The most logical scenario would be this.

Someone wins the World Heavyweight Championship on Smackdown and after the match, Eric Bischoff walks out with a big grin on his face. Bischoff announces that he's reactivating WCW and that Smackdown will be rebranded as WCW Nitro. The World Heavyweight Championship would be rebranded as the WCW Championship. There would also be a WCW United States Championship, WCW Tag Team Championship and WCW Cruiserweight Championship.

That would create a situation where the three brands are WWE, WCW and ECW, which makes more sense. It would make even more sense if Paul Heyman was invited back to head the ECW brand as an on-screen boss. ECW would have the following titles, ECW Championship, ECW Tag Team Championship, and an ECW Hardcore Championship (where less talented wrestlers could simply beat each other to a pulp with weapons). The ECW show would be rebranded as "ECW Revolution"

Over on WWE RAW, they would have the WWE Championship (the classic Winged Eagle belt), the WWE Intercontinental Championship (the classic design that Mr Perfect held), the WWE Tag Team Championship (again, the classic "Demolition" era belts), and a WWE Women's Championship. The "Divas" title would be scrapped. WWE also needs a new logo, as the old one is outdated and makes no sense either.

That would be a better format for the company.

Old September 14th, 2009, 3:51 pm
Sixth Year

That's very true and would make a good scenario, but I doubt it would happen. I do think they need to get rid of the Divas title since it makes no sense at all to have one. I know they wanted to do this for both brands, but I think they should just have the Women's Championship and leave it at that. They also need to drop the Unified Tag Belts because I think it's so stupid. I don't know why they did this.

I agree that they need to stop the guest host thing, though I do admit that Bob Barker was great on Monday, and I can't wait to see what Trish does tonight. I'm not quite sure why they're doing this, but they really need a permanent GM. Why not Shane or even Ric Flair? Either one would work.

Old September 14th, 2009, 3:58 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I agree. The "guest host" thing is a gimmick aimed at short term ratings boosts.

The problem with Vince is that he would never do anything aimed at improving the image of any brand other than "WWE"

Which is why he won't bring back WCW and why he remade ECW as such a weak, watered down version of the original company

Old September 17th, 2009, 1:41 pm
Sixth Year

Yes, that's very true. I have to admit that Trish was awesome on Monday. I can't wait to see Batista on SmackDown.

I think even if Vince did bring back WCW it wouldn't work because some of the wrestlers for WCW are either retired, in TNA, or in WWE. I doubt any of the retired ones or the ones from TNA will come back, so who does that leave?

Old September 17th, 2009, 7:08 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

It could be a new WCW more based on in-ring action, rather than the backstage skits and talking that WWE is more associated with. The new WCW would also feature more international stars from the UK, Japan, and Mexico, and also be the exclusive home of cruiserweight wrestling. ECW should be more violent and adult in nature in smaller arenas.

Old September 20th, 2009, 11:23 pm
Sixth Year

True, but I doubt they'd do that. It would be neat, but I don't think Vince wants WCW brought back. I'm surprised he brought back ECW. Although there are some stars on there with some potential, it definitely is watered down from what it used to be.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 5:09 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

I was somewhat of a WWF fan when I was younger. Not really a fan now though. It's more of a gimmick now than it was before.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 24th, 2009, 2:43 pm
Sixth Year

I still watch it because I have nothing else better to do on certain days, but I must admit I'm getting bored with it. It just isn't interesting anymore.

Old September 24th, 2009, 10:36 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I still watch it because I have nothing else better to do on certain days, but I must admit I'm getting bored with it. It just isn't interesting anymore.
Yea it's like they can't come up with anything really good there anymore. Just more of the same. Only with different people coming into the fray every so often.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old September 29th, 2009, 3:21 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Raw's latest guest host is Al Sharpton.

It doesn't get more surreal than that.

Old September 29th, 2009, 1:51 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, I know. However, he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be toward the end. I didn't see the first hour because I was watching Trauma on NBC. It looks like I'm going to miss the first hour every Monday because I now have a new favorite show.

The main event was boring. I barely watched it.

Old March 29th, 2010, 5:31 am

Did anyone watch Wrestlemania tonight? It was awesome!!! I didn't think I ever see a match that would come close to last year's Undertaker - HBK one. But, the one tonight was absolutely amazing. And, the end, when 'Taker shook Shawn's hand and they hugged -- I almost cried. Good Luck, Hearbreak Kid. Enjoy your retirement because you certainly earned it.

To prove me wrong.
Spent without you.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:48 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Jericho retaining his title makes no sense, nor does the worthless Jack Swagger winning "Money In The Bank".

It would been more logical to allow Edge to win, and Christian to win MITB to set up an interesting rivalry between them

HBK's loss was expected, but I doubt he'll actually retire. He'll be back after some time off.

Big Show and Miz are one of the worst tag teams to hold the titles in WWE history. I can only hope that the Hart Dynasty's face turn leads them to win the titles.

Bret beating Vince was expected. I'd like to see Bret with the Hart Dynasty on Raw on a permanent basis.

Cena predictably wins the title again. I've had enough of him. Same goes with HHH.

Orton beating Legacy made no sense. It made DiBiase and Cody look like idiots.

The women's match was as worthless as women's wrestling in the WWE. TNA wrestling has a far superior women's division.

I expected Rey to beat CM Punk. Punk is the best heel in the company and should transfer to Raw and win the title from Cena as quickly as possible.

Old April 24th, 2010, 4:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeberanBlack View Post
Jericho retaining his title makes no sense, nor does the worthless Jack Swagger winning "Money In The Bank".

It would been more logical to allow Edge to win, and Christian to win MITB to set up an interesting rivalry between them

HBK's loss was expected, but I doubt he'll actually retire. He'll be back after some time off.

Big Show and Miz are one of the worst tag teams to hold the titles in WWE history. I can only hope that the Hart Dynasty's face turn leads them to win the titles.

Bret beating Vince was expected. I'd like to see Bret with the Hart Dynasty on Raw on a permanent basis.

Cena predictably wins the title again. I've had enough of him. Same goes with HHH.

Orton beating Legacy made no sense. It made DiBiase and Cody look like idiots.

The women's match was as worthless as women's wrestling in the WWE. TNA wrestling has a far superior women's division.

I expected Rey to beat CM Punk. Punk is the best heel in the company and should transfer to Raw and win the title from Cena as quickly as possible.
Sounds like you didn't enjoy the show very much. Sorry to hear that.

To prove me wrong.
Spent without you.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports