Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

NBA Basketball

Old November 22nd, 2007, 4:39 am
Third Year

Re: NBA Basketball

Wizards fan here.

Gilbert just had knee surgery for the second time in 9 months, he'll be out until February

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2007, 7:07 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
Wizards fan here.

Gilbert just had knee surgery for the second time in 9 months, he'll be out until February
Well that stinks, I hate whenever a player gets hurt on a basketball team .

As for some good news, the Pistons won last night against the Knicks, 98-86 .

Go Pistons, Keep up the good work !!

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old December 1st, 2007, 3:48 am
Custodian of Hades Vault

Boston's winning big for second night in a row. I hope they can keep up this intensity all the year, and that the Boston Three Party don't break down eventually.

I still don't think they're the best team in the NBA - the Spurs are until proven differently - but they look as good a bet as any to get to the finals and give the Spurs a workout then.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Sustainability should be a part of what we do every day.
Old December 6th, 2007, 7:13 pm
Fifth Year

Ahhh the Lakers drive me crazy. They should not have won last night against Denver. I don't really like Denver all that much either, but they had that game and Iverson had 51 points.

And as a side rant: I know they call it LakerTV, but could the commentators be any more blatantly biased? I was amazed that they called two uncalled fouls by Andrew Bynum "great plays." I've also noticed that whenever the Lakers make it to 100 first, they always make a big deal of Lawler's Law, but no mention if the other team makes it first. Stu was a much better commentator when he was in Chick's shadow. Things sure have changed since Chick 'n' Stu.

Old December 12th, 2007, 5:19 pm
Second Year

Jamaal Tinsley of the Pacers is embarrassing himself, his team, and the state of Indiana yet again. Why can't these people keep themselves out of trouble? Even worse, the team isn't going to do anything about it. Sadly, I'm not surprised. Larry Bird is by far the worst thing that ever happened to the Pacers. As general manager, he took a world class sports franchise and turned it into... this. He was a great player. Good coach. Horrible in the front office. I used to love the Pacers but I can't stand them (or the NBA as a whole) now.

I saw him and the Simons (owners of the team) on TV the other night wondering why the Pacers haven't sold out a home game in over a year and why most games have over 10,000 unsold seats. Hmm... I wonder.

I'm not a Harry Potter addict. I choose to go to conventions, theme parks, book release parties and movie premiers and to spend hundreds of dollars per year on licensed merchandise. Continuously reading, discussing and analyzing the books is simply a hobby. I can stop any time I want to. No, I really mean it. Seriously. Addicts can't stop. That's the difference between me and an addict.

GalleonSickle4 on Pottermore
Wand- 13" Beech and Dragon Heartstring, unbending
Proud student of House
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:05 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Looks like the Celts lost a fun one last night. I saw only the end, and cringed when I saw the foul. But that game told them a lot, and in the end losing a few games here and there will let the Celts know what they need to do to be a force in the playoffs.

In case I forget: Opinions posted in the US Political Discussion forum are posted as a member and not as a moderator

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. - Kingsley

Old December 30th, 2007, 11:08 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowPoofBall View Post
Ahhh the Lakers drive me crazy. They should not have won last night against Denver. I don't really like Denver all that much either, but they had that game and Iverson had 51 points.

And as a side rant: I know they call it LakerTV, but could the commentators be any more blatantly biased? I was amazed that they called two uncalled fouls by Andrew Bynum "great plays." I've also noticed that whenever the Lakers make it to 100 first, they always make a big deal of Lawler's Law, but no mention if the other team makes it first. Stu was a much better commentator when he was in Chick's shadow. Things sure have changed since Chick 'n' Stu.

its the clippers announcer ralph lawler who does lawlers law, not joel and stu (the laker announcers). Its tough to forgive someone for mixing up my lakers with the clippers but I'll try lol

Old January 2nd, 2008, 9:14 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtheman View Post
its the clippers announcer ralph lawler who does lawlers law, not joel and stu (the laker announcers). Its tough to forgive someone for mixing up my lakers with the clippers but I'll try lol
I know he started it, but a lot of other announcers use it. Like I said, whenever the Lakers are the first ones there, somebody says it.

Old February 4th, 2008, 1:04 pm
Second Year

Suns fan here. Not the biggest NBA fan. I don't really follow it all that much. I usually keep up with Phoenix, and may catch a couple of games throughout the season. And usually in the playoffs, I'll only follow Phoenix. To me the product is not that great. I prefer college basketball so much more.

Old February 6th, 2008, 9:13 pm
Defender of Dogs

Shaq just got traded to Phoenix for Shawn Marion.

Old February 15th, 2008, 9:50 pm
Fifth Year

Still waiting to see how that turns out. It looks like Shaq will make his Suns debut against the Lakers. I still wonder if that was a good move on the Suns' part. I know Marion wanted to leave, but I'm not sure Shaq will do well with a team that prides itself on a fastbreak offense.

Old February 15th, 2008, 11:07 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

I kinda applaud the Suns for having the guts to try that trade. The west will be hard to win, especially if the Dallas deal for Kidd comes through. And the highway robbery that the Lakers committed to get Gasol put them as title contenders (scary starting five there now, especially once Bynum gets back).

Old February 26th, 2008, 4:54 am
The Forums Red Hypergiant Star

I think the Cavs are going places. I'm sick.

Old February 26th, 2008, 3:08 pm
Curse Breaker

Will the real Phoenix Suns please stand up? First they shut down the Celtics, and then they get blown out of their own building by the Pistons. They have plenty of time to get adjusted to Shaq, but they can't completely lose their identity.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old February 28th, 2008, 1:11 am
Second Year

Yao Ming is now out for the season with a stress fracture in his left foot. Obviously, that is bad news for the Rockets. They are currently in 7th place in the West, but I don't see that lasting long.

I'm not a Harry Potter addict. I choose to go to conventions, theme parks, book release parties and movie premiers and to spend hundreds of dollars per year on licensed merchandise. Continuously reading, discussing and analyzing the books is simply a hobby. I can stop any time I want to. No, I really mean it. Seriously. Addicts can't stop. That's the difference between me and an addict.

Proud student of House
Old February 28th, 2008, 6:18 am
Curse Breaker

Looks like they're winning a couple games without him on sheer adrenaline and will. Strange--I'd have thought that they'd collapse immediately.

Old March 11th, 2008, 6:13 am
Second Year

What's up with the Rockets? I thought they'd collapse without Yao Ming, but they seem to be doing just fine without him. Their winning streak is at 19 now, 7 since Yao's injury.

Proud student of House
Old March 11th, 2008, 2:40 pm
Custodian of Hades Vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastHorcrux View Post
What's up with the Rockets? I thought they'd collapse without Yao Ming, but they seem to be doing just fine without him. Their winning streak is at 19 now, 7 since Yao's injury.
Ewing theory? Except it doesn't quite fit since they were doing well prior.

Old March 15th, 2008, 5:46 pm
Curse Breaker

You're right, the Ewing theory doesn't fit. And now they've run the streak to 21 games, 9 without Yao. The other part of this could be that they were playing a weak section of their schedule. If they win the next 5 or even the next 3, there'll really be something to crow about because they'll go through the teeth of their own conference and what few teeth the East has to get those wins.

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:31 pm
Fifth Year

I feel like I'm the only one here who's watching the Finals... *sigh* NBA, what happened to you...

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports