Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Cricket

Old February 9th, 2009, 4:08 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Re: Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
I hope my beloved Kolkata Knight Riders get some big names.
I'm sure they will

Quote:
How exciting! Australia really are going down hill... they beat NZ last night but it was by no means a 'big' win. Ponting didn't perform well again. One wonders how long it's going to be before he'll return to form. He is the captain after all. He needs to lead by example and at the moment Clarke is doing a far better job.
I know. But actually, India is back to third place in the ICC Rankings because of their 68 run loss yesterday to Sri Lanka. We still won the series But yes, India and Australia will be fighting for that second place for quite some time I'm sure

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here

Last edited by lilyrose; February 9th, 2009 at 4:20 am.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2009, 5:36 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
lilyrose
I know. But actually, India is back to third place in the ICC Rankings because of their 68 run loss yesterday to Sri Lanka. We still won the series But yes, India and Australia will be fighting for that second place for quite some time I'm sure
Which I'm really excited about. India are my team but Australia is my country so it'll make for some interesting times at my place Also it's always such a joy to watch India and Australia play. You get the whole package.

Old February 9th, 2009, 5:46 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Quote:
Which I'm really excited about. India are my team but Australia is my country so it'll make for some interesting times at my place Also it's always such a joy to watch India and Australia play. You get the whole package.
Absolutely. India is my country and Australia is one of my favourite teams and I really want to see them out of this mess. I love India-Australia clashes, they're better than the tradition rivalries Ashes and India-Pakistan matches, IMO. When both teams are in form, there's nothing less than a cracker of a match in store Here's hoping for that

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 13th, 2009, 6:12 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Totally agree with you there. If you are a cricket fan then India-Australia is the clash to look forward too.
I'm excited about the upcoming series of India vs New Zealand too. Long time since India played them away from home.

Old February 15th, 2009, 12:58 pm
Registered Animagus

The 5th NZ/Aust game was washed out so the series was a tie! Incredible...

And tonight's T20I (NZ/Aust) was a great game too. Australia won by a single run! Anybody who hasn't already should watch this great catch from Voges:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8VkcqgCR6M

top stuff

Old February 15th, 2009, 2:13 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Brilliant stuff! I don't recall seeing such a tremendous catch for over a year

Thanks for sharing the video Sofie

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 20th, 2009, 3:41 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
I hope my beloved Kolkata Knight Riders get some big names.
They won't get Ponting.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/cri...633017217.html

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old February 20th, 2009, 8:08 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Yep, I saw that. No Clarke, now no Ponting in the IPL.

Anyway, India( who've had a team uniform colour change, wearing a darker blue) plays NZ in the coming weeks and I hope it turns out to be a well-contested, thrilling series

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 20th, 2009, 9:05 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Wab
They won't get Ponting.
Not sure we want him to be honest Not the way he's been playing

Old February 20th, 2009, 1:59 pm

You did say big names. If you want form you want none of the Australians who played IPL last year. It was an interesting stat uttered during a ABC broadcast of one of the South Africa tests, that every Australian who played IPL had performed below his average in the tests against India, NZ and SA.

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

Old February 20th, 2009, 2:25 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Quote:
It was an interesting stat uttered during a ABC broadcast of one of the South Africa tests, that every Australian who played IPL had performed below his average in the tests against India, NZ and SA.
That is an interesting stat. Shane Watson for instance, had an awesome IPL and was 'Man of the Series' , but he didn't have that good a run later in international cricket, though I remember he played quite well against India when the Aussies lost. I guess Ponting is woefully out of form now.

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 22nd, 2009, 1:09 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Wab
You did say big names. If you want form you want none of the Australians who played IPL last year. It was an interesting stat uttered during a ABC broadcast of one of the South Africa tests, that every Australian who played IPL had performed below his average in the tests against India, NZ and SA.
Well one assumes the 'big names' will be those who perform the best. Clearly this wasn't the case last IPL for the Aussies.

Quote:
lilyrose
I guess Ponting is woefully out of form now.
Well he was playing for my team last IPL and if memory serves I think he batted well in one innings (I'll have to look that up) which is not what the team expected from the Australian captain, I'm sure.

Old February 25th, 2009, 11:59 am
Conquering Reading Lists

McCullum's fifty takes NZ to a 7 wicket win against India in the first T20

And oh, the schedule for the IPL is out. The inaugural match is between defending champions Rajasthan Royals() and the Delhi Daredevils on April 10 in Jaipur.

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 25th, 2009, 3:42 pm
Registered Animagus

I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed by that result I mean it's great for NZ and all but as an Indian supporter it is a bit of a downer. We'll bounce back though

Great to see the IPL is steadily approaching Lots of ridiculously late nights for me ahead.

Old February 25th, 2009, 3:57 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Quote:
I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed by that result I mean it's great for NZ and all but as an Indian supporter it is a bit of a downer. We'll bounce back though
Oh yes that'll happen!

Quote:
Great to see the IPL is steadily approaching Lots of ridiculously late nights for me ahead.
I know. But most of the times, it will be worth it

Rita Skeeter was here
Old February 28th, 2009, 2:14 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

NZ blank India in the two match T20 series after snatching a thrilling last-ball win in the second T20. Great job by the home team

The first ODI begins this Tuesday and it is likely that Ishant Sharma might miss the match due to injury.

Rita Skeeter was here
Old March 2nd, 2009, 2:22 pm
Registered Animagus

England declared 6/600. West Indies then batted and declared 9/749 Sorry but how much must it suck to be an English cricketer right now! That really is astounding.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 2:50 pm

How much must it suck to watch such a boring match.

Old March 2nd, 2009, 3:40 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Its strange how the English cricketers always find themselves in these positions. Things back-fire for them a lot of times and end up in the most boring test matches ever.

Strauss did a great job last match, but they still drew the test and couldn't press for a win.

Rita Skeeter was here
Old March 3rd, 2009, 7:17 am
Registered Animagus

Just saw this on CNN: Sri Lankan cricket team attacked in Pakistan

Quote:
Quote from link above
A Sri Lankan foreign ministry official said two players — Thilan Samaraweera and Tharanga Paranavitana — were hospitalized. He said three more players were slightly injured and that the head coach, Australian Trevor Bayliss, also sustained minor injuries. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports