Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Swimming

Old May 1st, 2010, 4:53 am
Second Year

Swimming

I was searching for one and I didn't fine any swimming threads. So I hope there isn't one yet.
I love to swim, so I made this to see who else likes it.
Go ahead and talk about it

Just a few questions:
  • First of all: What all swims can you do for example: The dog paddle, the butterfly?
    Second: Is there any tricks like a handstand in the water or anything?
    Third: Is there anything else involving swimming that you'd like to mention?

Have fun answering my questions.

Poor iphone...

"Feel the fear and do it anyway because even though it's not too late now, someday it will be."
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2010, 2:28 pm
Third Year

Re: Swimming

I've competed in swimming so I can swim all the basics pretty well, though I never really liked the butterfly, and I've never really understood dog paddle cause you don't really move so far or at least fast with dog paddle.

I can't come up with any tricks right now, but I'll come back to you If anything pops up...

Old June 3rd, 2010, 8:44 am
First Year

I was a competitive swimmer for 13 years, swimming all year round for those 13 years from age 5 to 18. It was truly one of the best experiences of my life! My two best (and favorite) strokes were the butterfly and breastroke! I have to say my favorite event were relays or the 200M individual medley. I once swam the mile (took me 19 bloody minutes to do it though!) which was a KILLER. I vowed to never do that again and so far I haven't!

Old June 14th, 2010, 10:48 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

I used to swim when I was in high school for the most part, non competitively though... since I'm not a morning person and waking up that early just to practice, didn't really sound all that good to me .

All kidding aside though, I learned how to swim when I was in middle school or so and really continued it through high school. Loved it too, and I could (for the most part) swim like a fish .

I'm generally good with backpaddling, dog paddling, the butterfly, and a modified version of the crawl stroke (one that doesn't involve me putting my head under the water -- I tend to choke on it due to my overbite )...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 18th, 2010, 7:03 pm
First Year

I love swimming and mainly do it for weight loss and to stay fit and healthy. My favorite swimming is open water swimming at my local lake. It's a popular lake for open swimming and actually held a national open water race this summer. I like swimming the freestyle and breast stroke the best. I also like the back stroke but isn't a good idea in open water because you can't see where you are going.

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:29 pm
First Year

Ich schwimme auch!!!
I've been swimming for pretty much forever, but only competitively in the summer. I'm into a lot of sports, but I love swimming that you can sorta pour all your brain power into just what you're doing, or totally think about what's on your mind.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13

No excuses.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Slytherin on CoS and Pottermore

Pottermore: ThestralEcho29
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports