Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Horseback Riding

Old April 15th, 2011, 1:51 am
First Year

Horseback Riding

Anyone here an avid horseback rider, whether you compete or not?

Personally I'm an eventer (dressage, cross country, show jumping covering anywhere from 1 to 3 days of a competition). I've noticed that other sports have been mentioned on this board but not horseback riding, so I figured I'd go ahead and start a topic about it!

If you do ride, what disciplines do you ride and compete in? At what level? Do you have any plans to show in the future if you don't currently show?

It's getting to be quite an exciting time in the eventing world. Badminton is coming up, as is Rolex. Yesterday all the North American horses and riders began their journey to England to prepare for Badminton, and hopefully we'll do well this year (both the US riders and the Canadian riders!). Unfortunately one of the US riders (Kristin Shmolze) won't be making the trip as planned because her horse has a slight injury. He won't be ready for Rolex, in Kentucky, either, which is quite a shame as she had a fabulous start to the season in Aiken and Florida and her lessons with mark Phillips went quite well. Not only that but it would be a return trip to Badminton so at least she wouldn't have been going to compete in Europe as a first timer.

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2011, 1:39 pm
First Year

Re: Horseback Riding

I do. I first sat on a horse when I was 18 months old, and haven't been out of the saddle since. I ride primarily in the hunt seat disciplines (show hunters, jumpers and equitation), but do occasionally ride dressage and hunt.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports