Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports

Baseball Thread

Old October 11th, 2006, 4:01 am
Third Year

Re: Baseball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMongol View Post
The Tigers shouldnt have any trouble defeating the A's. The NL is interesting since if the Cardinals are on then they are great.
Confused major confusion
Whats the NL?

Who one I think the game is over MTT and were are the only ones who have the same time so far that I know of.

Love Struck and Feedback
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2006, 6:27 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Girl View Post
Whats the NL?
National League...as in the American League and National League

Lets hope the Tigers can win again tonight!!!

"Emma appeared like an angel
Emma fell like rain
Into my lap like a heart attack
Like lightning from her name"

Alkaline Trio - Emma

Wand: Hawthorn, 11", Unicorn Tail Hair, Swishy
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:09 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Yeah Yanks fan. Okay the Yankees are out and so are the Dogers I guess I can still go for oakland I hope thats right i think the game is on right now.

I don't know why i'm confused LOL.

You and jv187 must me Tiger fans I'm guessing. Your sig is good.

[b]Are the A's the Angels?
Thanks, glad that you like my sig ... no the A's are the Athletics.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:13 pm
Fifth Year

The big news in baseball now is Corey Lidle's passing. For those of you that haven't heard Corey Lidle a Yankee's pitcher died in a plane crash in New York earlier today. This is obviously a very sad day for baseball and I wouldnt be suprised if today's games were cancelled.

Old October 12th, 2006, 1:59 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Thanks, glad that you like my sig ... no the A's are the Athletics.
Yep I figured that out. OKL A's right? There playing today.

Love Struck and Feedback
Old October 12th, 2006, 3:11 am
Second Year

WOW SO HAPPY THE DAMN YANKEES ARE GONE !!!!!! YAY EVERYONE CELEBRATE !!!!!!...... if only the BoSox had made the playoffs.....

Old October 12th, 2006, 3:14 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by komar16 View Post
WOW SO HAPPY THE DAMN YANKEES ARE GONE !!!!!! YAY EVERYONE CELEBRATE !!!!!!...... if only the BoSox had made the playoffs.....
Of course all Red Sox were born to hate the Yanks. Come On Yanks lets try this next year. I'm taking your a Sox fan. I'm not Celebrating Were rivals but oh well. LOL i like the Sox too. But LOVE the YANKS!!!

Love Struck and Feedback
Old October 12th, 2006, 3:22 am
Second Year

lol mhm damn straight im a bosox fan ahaha..... o and did ya hear corey lidel (or however you spells it) hes a yanks picher died today, his single engine plane flew into a high rise...sad... o and oak fans det's up 7-4 in the 6th

Old October 12th, 2006, 3:30 am
Third Year

Quote:
lol mhm damn straight im a bosox fan ahaha..... o and did ya hear corey lidel (or however you spells it) hes a yanks picher died today, his single engine plane flew into a high rise...sad... o and oak fans det's up 7-4 in the 6th
I know were the A's are loosing but um yep that is so sad. I'm new to this Baseball stuff so yeah.

Can't owl you oh well you should try pitchside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv187 View Post
National League...as in the American League and National League

Lets hope the Tigers can win again tonight!!!
Your getting your wish so far.

Love Struck and Feedback
Old October 12th, 2006, 3:41 am
Second Year

you cant that surprising i can send one to myself lol... and 7-4 in the 7th now

Old October 12th, 2006, 3:48 am
Third Year

Quote:
you cant that surprising i can send one to myself lol... and 7-4 in the 7th now
Man we are loosing nope we lost

Love Struck and Feedback
Old October 12th, 2006, 6:32 am
Second Year

Quote:
Of course all Red Sox were born to hate the Yanks. Come On Yanks lets try this next year. I'm taking your a Sox fan. I'm not Celebrating Were rivals but oh well. LOL i like the Sox too. But LOVE the YANKS!!!
I hate to disappoint you, but you do NOT love the Yankees. The first requirement for being a Yankees fan is you must hate the Red Sox, and vice versa. Its just been a fact of life since the Yankees moved to New York in 1903. If you want to become a Yankees fan, you're going to have to reevaluate your opinion of the Red Sox. As for me, I hate both of them. The Cubs are going all the way next year! lol I've been saying that for years, but it has to happen eventually.

Image created by Anyanka
Old October 12th, 2006, 2:40 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbobs View Post
I hate to disappoint you, but you do NOT love the Yankees. The first requirement for being a Yankees fan is you must hate the Red Sox, and vice versa. Its just been a fact of life since the Yankees moved to New York in 1903. If you want to become a Yankees fan, you're going to have to reevaluate your opinion of the Red Sox. As for me, I hate both of them. The Cubs are going all the way next year! lol I've been saying that for years, but it has to happen eventually.
Um okay. But I can't hate the yanks i have to have a back up plan. Lets face it I like the Cubs but we never win.

Love Struck and Feedback
Old November 26th, 2006, 2:39 pm
First Year

Damn Sox have sent the free agent market crazy with their stupid bid of $51 100 000 for D-Mat. They can never use the payrole excuse now against the Yankees! The Dodgers crazily over spending juan pierre a .330 OBP guy. Carlos Lee getting $100 000 000 and Sorriano $132 000 000 stupid.

Long live Manchester United
Old December 29th, 2006, 8:15 pm
First Year

Baseball: fans and people who dont know what it is

Baseball is one of the best sports in the world. I can't think of anything better, except for maybe football (soccer). I can't get enough of it. If this is a repeat of a thread, shut it down plz.

Huge fan of Boston Red Sox. Daisuke is going to be the Cy Young Award winner! Dice-K is the biggest sensation to come from japan, since sushi

Last edited by The_Spaniard; December 29th, 2006 at 8:21 pm.
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:42 am
Third Year

You would think that with my screenname being baseballblondie I'd have found this thread before now. But seeing as I spend most of my time on this site in Flourish and Blotts, I must admit that this thread has passed me by.

I missed the Series this year thanks to Grad School. Well, last year I was in grad school as well, but live in a city that had caught World Series fever. My favorite team is the Houston Astros. I've loved them from way back in the 80's-90's when they didn't exactly know how to win. I own a fantasy team. Good times.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old December 30th, 2006, 3:04 am
Third Year

I'm so happy right now,even if i'm an A's fan and we've lost 2 big name free agents,that's part of being an A's fan,happens every year.

I'm happy for Zito,why the hell the giants offered him so much money (7years/126million) i'll never know.

Old December 30th, 2006, 5:36 am
Fifth Year

I'm alarmed by the amount of money being spent currently to siign players. We've seen 2 deals that were 100 million+ and we've seen probably 20 with players getting at least 10 million a year. As much of a huge sports fan as I am this is completely riddiculous and has to stop. Guys with lifetime records below .500 and E.R.A.'s over 4.50 and Averages under .275 are going for 11, 12 million a year. I find it disgusting, especially since pitchers only pitch every 5 games.

Old December 30th, 2006, 3:09 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMongol View Post
I'm alarmed by the amount of money being spent currently to siign players. We've seen 2 deals that were 100 million+ and we've seen probably 20 with players getting at least 10 million a year. As much of a huge sports fan as I am this is completely riddiculous and has to stop. Guys with lifetime records below .500 and E.R.A.'s over 4.50 and Averages under .275 are going for 11, 12 million a year. I find it disgusting, especially since pitchers only pitch every 5 games.
A starting pitcher only pitches every 5 games, but a batter hits only once every nine batters. If a team has 40 plate appearances in a game, a batter at the top of the lineup will have 5 plate appearances, 1/8 of his team's total. You don't see that in other sports. A basketball team would never have Michael Jordan take only 1/8 of their shots.

I have no problem with players accepting big money deals that are offered to them. Whether the owners are showing poor judgement is another question.

Old December 30th, 2006, 3:42 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPotter View Post
A starting pitcher only pitches every 5 games, but a batter hits only once every nine batters. If a team has 40 plate appearances in a game, a batter at the top of the lineup will have 5 plate appearances, 1/8 of his team's total. You don't see that in other sports. A basketball team would never have Michael Jordan take only 1/8 of their shots.

I have no problem with players accepting big money deals that are offered to them. Whether the owners are showing poor judgement is another question.
But it's the simple fact that 125 million dollar contracts are being offered in the first place which is disturbing. Yeah it would be silly if a guy turned that down but still a lot of players are greedy. Why do the Yankees and Red Sox and Dodgers sign the most players every year? Because they will offer the most money and guys are greedy enough to take that 2 million dollar diference rather then play for a different team with more playing time, more security, better place for their families etc.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Sports