Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The Importance of Hagrid

Old January 28th, 2007, 7:36 pm
Second Year

Re: The Importance of Hagrid

I don't think Hagrid will be this character that performs magic late in life either. I've always liked the idea of a final showdown at Hogwarts so I'm leaning towards Filch as the one performing a bit of magic. But like some of you have said I doubt it'll be a big part of the plot.

Old January 29th, 2007, 3:46 am
Purveyor of Prophesy

Filch's talent lays in his name: Argus, the ever-watchful. He won't get the magic thing worked out, ever!!!

When faced with a choice between two evils, I always choose the one I have never tried before.
Old January 29th, 2007, 5:21 pm
First Year

It is my hope that Hagrid will be given the right to do magic again and be pardoned for the crime he never committed. Ginny was aware it was not Hagrid and so was Harry. After all, Sirius was eventually understood to be not guilty after his death; Fudge himself admitted his mistake to the Prime Minister. I just hope the same thing will happen to Hagrid BEFORE he dies. I want to see his powers without him hiding them like he has for so long because he has been afraid to be kicked out of his home by the ministry for doing unapproved magic. Hagrid has had a hard life and it seems to me he is a very sensitive person. He deserves to be "free".

Old January 29th, 2007, 5:32 pm
Third Year

I think the person that JK is referring to here is quite possibly Filch. He may seem a bit shadey but you never know...those Qwikspells may work

Old January 30th, 2007, 4:38 am
Second Year

There are so many ways Hagrid could be of use in the last book that it's hard to decide what part he will play. I'm betting it will have something to do with the Forbiden Forest and what lives there.

Old January 30th, 2007, 1:50 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fostwolf View Post
There are so many ways Hagrid could be of use in the last book that it's hard to decide what part he will play. I'm betting it will have something to do with the Forbiden Forest and what lives there.
That is a great idea! There are all sorts of things that live there, like the centaurs and those spiders...I wonder since the spiders have been in almost every book if they will bear any significance in the next book? Maybe Slughorn will use the poison he extracted to kill someone?

Old March 22nd, 2007, 4:56 am
First Year

Hagrid's Role in Deathly Hallows

There has been a lot of threads about the roles that Dumbledore, Snape, Ron, Ginny, Siriuse, etc. Now I was wondering what you all thought Hagrid's role will be in the 7th book. For 6 straight books he has been their for Harry and is just as much a father figure as Dumbledore was. He has also been one of the most loyal, if not the most loyal to Dumbledore. He is also part of the Order. In HBP his house/hut was set on fire =( and I was wonder if anyone thinks he might actually die in the 7th book protecting Harry. I was thinking if there is a huge final battle between the Order w/Harry and the Death Eaters w/Voldy if he would get killed. I think that if he does get killed an by that time Ginny, Ron, or Hermione haven't been killed he will. He is a father figure to Harry, and Harry loves and and the people that Harry have loved in the most in Book 5 and 6 have been killed off.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 5:14 am
Student

Re: Hagrid's Role in Deathly Hallows

Unfortunately, I think Hagrid will die in the final book. Every adult male who is very close to Harry has been killed. It is sad to say, but Hagrid is next.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 6:06 am
Third Year

I'm getting a horrible feeling that he will die. I don't want it to happen! Hagrid is the rock, the strongest figure, the one we all can lean on and count on. For him to be gone would be...devastating.

I think he will definitely do some fighting. Perhaps Harry can teach him some simple spells to use against Death Eaters. His giant-inherited skin would make him a unique, powerful fighter in battles, I think, because curses bounce off him a lot.

If he does die (atheist gods of mine forbid! don't let it be so!), it will be in a battle. That's how he'd want to go out, anyway: fighting for what he believes in. We all know he does that every day for Dumbledore (R.I.P.).

Old March 22nd, 2007, 11:51 am
Fifth Year

I think that Hagrid will be important in the last book. He has had a major role in each of the earlier books. Even in OotP, when he was absent for a long period of time, he was on a mission for Dumbledore. As to the magic, he has always been able to do magic but was not suppose to be doing it. I just hope they let him have a good wand.

Tarot Cards for Fun and Fortune Telling

Someone who spoiled Deathly Hallows

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:28 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape/Trapdoor Champion

i think he will be one of the key characters in the deathlyhallows.he holds the key in swaying the giants towards the order. his knowledge of hogwarts, his closeness to dumbledore,his involvement in the order,etc makes him an interesting prospect.his fond love for the trio may turn out to be the decisive factor in book 7.but i see him dieing along with arthur and percy in this book.

I cried, when I saw the "It all ends!" banner!!

But now I know, it never will....
Old March 22nd, 2007, 9:10 pm
First Year

I think his main purpose is to keep the industry of hairy brown suit jackets in business. Aside from this? hmmm...I say he's a goner come book 7.

Old April 5th, 2007, 4:07 am
First Year

Hagrid will definitely play a big part in DH, I think. Like you said he has already shown powers beyond the ability of a 6th year so I think that if Jo doesn't let Hagrid play a bigger part in DH she is just crazy (but we'll all still love her ). Also in an interview with Jo (I can't remember which one) she mentions that Hagrid is the character she would choose to have dinner with, so that must mean he is more important than just picking up Harry and being his friend.

And I've seen through them all, seen through them all
And seen through most everything

Bankrupt on Selling - Modest Mouse
Old April 5th, 2007, 4:36 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglemom22 View Post
Unfortunately, I think Hagrid will die in the final book. Every adult male who is very close to Harry has been killed. It is sad to say, but Hagrid is next.
I agree,she said it wwas a loved character,i canrt think of anyone else sho is so leved by us besides the trio than hagrid,and he is another protector of harry sort of,so I think he will be gone.

Old April 6th, 2007, 12:14 am
First Year

Let's not forget Grawp either. I doubt JK would have introduced him if he didn't have a part to play too!

Old April 6th, 2007, 12:15 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaMoore View Post
Let's not forget Grawp either. I doubt JK would have introduced him if he didn't have a part to play too!
Yes, Grawp must have some other signifigance... (or do you think he's served his purpose already?)

Old April 6th, 2007, 12:19 am
First Year

Hagrid has been there at crucial moments in Harry's life; he delivered him to the Muggles as a baby, delivered him his invitation to enrol at Hogwarts.... maybe he will aid Harry in his deliverance from evil?!

Last edited by EvaMoore; April 6th, 2007 at 12:21 am. Reason: additions!
Old April 25th, 2007, 9:18 am
Second Year

Well, if the alchemy theory of Black, Albus, Rubeus proves to be true, Hagrid could very likely be Harry's key mentor in this book, before he dies.

I'm not sure what role he would play, maybe something with Godric's Hollow or knowledge on Voldy since the two went to school together. In addition, Hagrid is the one that brought Harry in to the wizarding world, so I'm sure Harry will feel comfortable falling back on Hagrid, especially in the final book. This in particular would provide nice closure to the series.

Old April 26th, 2007, 1:01 am
First Year

I bet Hagrid will join the giants on Voldie's side!!!!!!!!!1 You always go back to your roots and that's what Hagrid will do! He's go giant blood! I bet he kills Harry!

Old May 5th, 2007, 1:19 am
Second Year

Yes , I agree I also think that Hagrid will play an important role in book 7 in protecting Harry but stays at Hogwarts as a teacher in need be , and show his true colors and help Harry , but we will see what book 7 lies in store for Hagrid soon .

I love Butterbeer and my Firebolt broomstick

I can't wait to read book 7

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies