Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The Importance of Hagrid

Old May 5th, 2007, 2:54 am
Registered Animagus

Re: The Importance of Hagrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Potter31 View Post
Yes , I agree I also think that Hagrid will play an important role in book 7 in protecting Harry but stays at Hogwarts as a teacher in need be , and show his true colors and help Harry , but we will see what book 7 lies in store for Hagrid soon .
Agree that Hagrid will play an important role in Book 7. As Albus said, he will never have really left the school until there are none there who are loyal to him. Nobody is more loyal to Albus than Hagrid, except maybe Harry himself, and Hagrid is staying. I feel that Hagrid will be Harry's liaison with the school, the things he needs there, and Albus' portrait.

JKR had originally said that Hagrid would live through all seven books, but after she decided to kill off two people that she had planned to let live, my first thought was that Hagrid was going to go. Unfortunately, I still feel that is true.

Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2007, 3:17 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't think that Hagrid is the mysterious (witch/wizard) that will do magic later in life. Because he always coud do magic, he just isn't suppose too. That is why he has his pink umbrella....

Old May 28th, 2007, 4:38 am
First Year

I agree. Hagrid is very important.

She's standing outside holding me
Saying oh please
I'm in love
I'm in love
Old June 9th, 2007, 11:40 pm
First Year

I like Hagrid, but IMO he'll be one of the goners in DH. With Dumbledore gone, Hagrid will be more resolved and he'll be even more willing to put himself on the front line. He is resilent, but he's still human, and if he gets outnumbered it could be bad news. He's the physically strongest, but not the most talented. I'm not saying he's untalented, but when it comes to dealing with Death Eaters--most of the other Order members are more accomplished than Hagrid.
I don't think he'll be the one to do magic later in life. All those arrows point to Mrs. Figg, maybe Filch. However, since JKR mentioned this fact so many times, I figure it has to be fairly central to the plot. I don't see Filch doing anything significant to the plot, whereas Mrs. Figg is right by a potential battleground in Privet Drive and would definitely be willing to come to Harry's aid. She could do a simple act and help Harry escape an attack by Voldy.
As for Hagrid being traitor, I can't see it. Even when they were in school, Riddle was the one who turned Hagrid in. Would Hagrid really join up someone that expelled him? Hagrid's an extremely emotional guy, and that's considered a weakness to the Dark Arts. It seems unlikely that this is just an act by Hagrid, too, as it's been consistent throughout six books.

Old June 10th, 2007, 12:49 am
First Year

I dont know about you (and I know this is slightly off topic, sorry), but I noticed something strange concerning Filch and the librarian. Harry and Hermione joke about it in HBP, but I think its one of JKR's evil hint-hints.

Oh and I really think Hagrid will die.

Old June 24th, 2007, 2:27 am
First Year

Hagrid's Crucial Clue for Book 7

I just remembered a quote JKR made about Hagrid and Snape- and how deals with book 7.

Quote:
JK also revealed she gave some of the actors some top secret background information that will emerge for the rest of us in later books.

She said she thought it was important to tell them so they knew their characters better: "I did give certain information to Robbie Coltrane, the background story about Hagrid and I gave Alan Rickman a little bit on Snape," she told Newsround's Lizo Mzimba.

"But no-one should go out and kidnap them because they won't talk!"
http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2001/1101-bbc.html

Of course this doesn't tell us a whole lot about Snape than we have found out in book 5 & 6-- when she said that, we didn't know that he was a doublespy for the Order and the Death Eaters.

But what's interesting is that she told Robbie something about Hagrid. Thus far, we haven't learned too much about him that could really be a secret. We know his mother died and he has a half brother, but that's about it. So i think that Hagrid must be keeping some secret that we'll learn in book 7.

But what could it be?

Lately, we've been seeing Hagrid taking his obsession with big living things to an almost unjustifiable level. I suspect that his monster-lovingness will play very important in book 7 (i suspect that norbert is on the cover of book 7). But what other secrets does Hagrid have? We know that giants traditionally are on the Dark Lord's side-- surely Hagrid never worked for Voldemort. Did his family? Was he an outcast, and that's why Dumbledore took him in?

And, for that matter, is there a specific reason why Dumbledore said he would trust Hagrid with his life? Does Hagrid have a part in Dumbledore's death?

Old June 24th, 2007, 3:43 am
Second Year

I think that Hagrid will be very important in the final book. In OotP we glimpsed what Hagrid could do. His giant blood will allow him to be very useful in Deathly Hallows. And, I do not think that Dumbledore meant anything but that he trusts Hagrid when he said he would trust Hagrid with his life. As for if Hagrid had anything to do with Dumbledore's death? No, I don't think so. JKR said in one of her interviews that she would like to have Hagrid come to life or something. I don't know where the quote is, so if someone knows which one I am talking about, you can post it if you want. But I don't think that she would like Hagrid if she had him have something to do with Dumbledore's death.

Old June 24th, 2007, 4:33 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I think Hagrid will be of importance. Could Dumbledore have left him any instructions. Or maybe not, but Hagrid will try to protect Harry. Now that Dumbledores gone and knowing how much Hagrid cared for Dumbledore and did things for him i am guessing now his loyalty will be to Harry. Him being havlf giant could come in handy as we have seen. And Grawp what could his role be? DD did say he would trust hagrid with his life? would Harry do the same for Harry? especially if its something he knew Dumbldore woudl want. Although if its like that then its likely he would die. Because as we know everyone who can or has tried to protect him has died. His parents, Sirius,Dumbledore.

Elizebeth: Barbosa marry us.
(best movie scene ever!)

"

Will Turner: "It depends on the one day.
Old June 24th, 2007, 6:49 am
First Year

Quote 20ofdecember And, for that matter, is there a specific reason why Dumbledore said he would trust Hagrid with his life? Does Hagrid have a part in Dumbledore's death?

In which way could he be involved into DDs death?

Old June 24th, 2007, 7:02 am
Second Year

I don't see how Hagrid could be involved with DD's death. Actually, I think if DD had confided that to Hagrid, I think - even as much as he respects and obeys DD - Hagrid would have tried to do something to prevent DD's death. And since I believe that DD and Snape definitely had some kind of arrangement, that could have been a real problem.

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:57 pm
First Year

I've been thinking for a LONG time that Dumbledore had a horcrux. And since he told Prof. McGonnagal he would trust Hagrid with his life, I think it's the pink umbrella. How else would Hagrid be able to do magic? He went to school and all, but I recall him saying that he wasn't good at magic. Giants can't do magic anyways. Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I'm kind of new to this... but I'm an HP fan!

Last edited by Medici; June 25th, 2007 at 1:56 am.
Old June 25th, 2007, 10:53 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post
I've been thinking for a LONG time that Dumbledore had a horcrux. And since he told Prof. McGonnagal he would trust Hagrid with his life, I think it's the pink umbrella. How else would Hagrid be able to do magic? He went to school and all, but I recall him saying that he wasn't good at magic. Giants can't do magic anyways. Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I'm kind of new to this... but I'm an HP fan!
That's quite an interesting theory.
What's even more intersting is that the umbrella supposedly has a part of Hagrid's wand in it. Apply the theory that Rowena Ravenclaw's artifact was a wand, and you get an interesting result.

I think Hagrid will play a pretty big role in DH. My opinion is that he will try to get some sort of "revenge" on Voldemort for getting him expelled from Hogwarts in his 3rd year (COS). Maybe he'll gather some maguc creatures and launch an attack. Maybe he'll aid Harry in finding a Horcrux.

Old June 28th, 2007, 2:09 am
First Year

But, if he DOES help Harry, he might get killed in the process...

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. -James Barrie
Old June 28th, 2007, 2:19 am
First Year

I think hagrid will be one of the most important charectors now that it was put that way. Maybe he will block a spell and save harry? i dont know write and tell me what you think! k ?

Old June 29th, 2007, 6:42 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal85 View Post
Maybe he'll gather some maguc creatures and launch an attack. Maybe he'll aid Harry in finding a Horcrux.
Thats a really super cool idea!! After Dumbledore dies, Hagrid probably will probably have more desire to help Harry finish the task dumbledore left behind rather than to just stick around at hogwarts. Id just absolutely love it if Hagrid joined the trio's quest for horcruxes-- he'd be a huge help being a giant and with his ties to big animals.

But this line of thought scares me too. Becuase he's not on any covers along with the trio-- which makes me think... sniffle...sobs...he...doesn't...survive...

Old June 30th, 2007, 5:03 am
First Year

I'd like to see Hagrid receive a full pardon from the MoM, he truly deserves it. Since he was exonerated in CoS, and is a Hogwarts teacher, he should receive an honorary diploma and be accepted as a fully qualified wizard. He wouldn't need to carry that stupid pink umbrella around anymore either.

Problem is, with Ollivander gone, where do you go to have a 16" wand made? Could someone just do a "Reparo" on his wand I wonder?

Old June 30th, 2007, 8:06 am
Third Year

Hagrid will no doubt play an important role in the final book, not just physically but emotionally. Harry takes solace in the fact that Hagrid will always be there for him. Think back to Order of the Phoenix when Hagrid did not appear until halfway through the story. Harry was not only worried, but very upset that he could confide in anyone like he had with Hagrid in the past. Despite their age difference, they are almost like best friends to each other. Hagrid will probably play a huge part in helping suppress some of Harry's emotions. I believe Hagrid is going to perish in the seventh book. I think JK is keeping up with the 'Harry learns about life by losing the ones he loves.' Losing Sirius made Harry grow stronger, maybe Hagrid's death would be similar.

I also believe he was a powerful magician, despite not being able to use his powers legally. Now that full on war has been waged between good and evil, I think it's safe to say Hagrid is no longer constricted to that law. He's going to do whatever he wants to help the Order. It also helps having his giant blood, being that he can't be harmed basically. I think it will take someone like Fenrir Grayback or another giant or troll to kill Hagrid.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies