Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Contest

Old July 12th, 2007, 7:25 am
First Year

Re: Official "Deathly Hallows" Prediction Contest

1. What are the Deathly Hallows?

Oh boy school paid off
People have hopefully looked it up... but im gonna type the defintion anyway...
Now of course, deathly means 'causing death'... Hallows... That means To honor...

Perhaps (and this is only my two minute- crackpot-old-fool theory) , of course it is to honor something causing death, maybe Snape goes good. Oh, maybe even wormtail... ill get to that later... (4th question)

2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux? Harry may be... thats one of my theorys. That harry and ginny both are because of the Whole 'chamber of secrets' ordeal. Riddle took her over, maybe that was hi putting part of his soul into her. (fourth question, look at it)
3. Will Harry die? Thats what im thinking (for more details look at the next question.)
4. Without considering Harry, who else will die? oh boy... k... well JK said that not one but AT LEAST TWO main characters will die... well heres one theory.
1. In the sixth book, voldemort said that malfoy had to kill dumbledore.' and as we all know, voldemort... Well he just aint that nice... Well snape swears the death curse. Later on, He kills dumbledore... Now my theory is that voldemort will get mad because DRACO had to do it not SNAPE, and he will kill draco. This means that snape will die
2. Going back even farther, you should remember the third book. Harry saved wormtails life. Then dumbledore tells him that pettigrew owes harry a 'life debt' maybe he will repay him by risking his life for harrys. But harry and pettigrew both die.
3. Harry and voldemort BOTH die in a face off. (sorry about mentioning harry dieing, but thats what i think will happen)
4. Harry and Ginny may both be horcruxes and they will have to die to kill voldemort.
4. Who will redeem themselves. Snape, Malfow, and/or pettigrew

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Whoever posted before me: I saw your answer 'more than one person.' I think i can disprove that. 'Dear dark lord. i know that i will be dead long before you get this' notice the i... but you may be right and that might be the leader of the group.

my oppinion is that (i think i remember reading about a) RABastian Black
or Regulus... obvious answers...
9. Will Hogwarts reopen? Of Course...
10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? Yes... Just like the rest of the books.
11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) yes, and JK also said that umbridge will be back. Whats that tell you.
12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts? I beleive this will be the last of hogwarts. i think it will get destroyed or something. maybe only closed.
13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How? every headmaster has the picture in the office.
14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him? Plead with Snape.
15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape? he is TRUSTWORTHY!
16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)? Order's.

20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends? my theory is way too crazy for this thread sry

22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry? Yes.
23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Durselys? hopefully with a big middle finger =) i think petunia will miss him

26. Will Voldemort die? How? (Veil, AK, Giant Squid...)
heres a story of my theory on this, courtesy of HORRORFAN130
Voldemort threw his wand at harry. "Get up, boy. So i can finish you at last" "AVADA KEDAVRA" Voldemort blocked it with "CRUCIO!" Both spells missed. "Thinking outside of the law at last. Avada Kedavra on three... One Two. THREE! AVADA KEDAVRA!" and both spells hit or something. i write better than that im just rushed 4 time.
27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live? maybe he saw greatness as a death eater in her

30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban? Released. I think he might somehow, (just a 1% possibility) be somewhat good in the 7th book. after all, snape turned good (in my oppinion)
31. Is Trevor more than a toad? I dont beleive he will be of any importance
32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding? no, it'll just be sad somehow.
33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest? yes...
34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner? We will see Fawkes again i think... and harry will 'take' him for the quest.
35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who? no.

37. Will we see Sirius again? How? well she has announced that dumbledore wont make a return she hasnt announced that about sirius
38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art?norbert, of course

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) THESTRALS! good side
41. Anything else you want to add? coincidence. One of the prphecies in book 5 said something like 'the last shall come on the summer solctice' when is the book coming out again (COINCIDENCE )

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 7:30 am
First Year

I think its the graveyard near Godrics Hollow

2. What are the remaining horcruxes? Is Harry or his scar a horcrux?

The cup, Nagini, possibly the wand in the Ollivanders window and the locket at Grimmauld Place

3. Will Harry die?

I dont think so

4. Without considering Harry, who else will die?

Possibly Rufus Scrigemour, Fudge, Mad Eye, Snape

5. Who will redeem himself?

I think 2 will ....Prof Snape and Draco

6. Who will be the new leader of the Order?

Split between Mad Eye & Lupin

7. Is there another spy in the Death Eaters?

No

8. Who is R.A.B.?

Regulus Black.

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?

Yes.

10. Will Harry return to Hogwarts? As a student?

No as a student but to get help from the teachers and use the libary.

11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone?

I think they will

12. Will there be a battle at Hogwarts?

Yes there will

13. JKR says Dumbledore is properly dead, but will we see him again? How?

Through the portrait and through the pensive

14. Did Dumbledore beg for his life or plead with Snape to kill him?

Plead with Snape to kill him, I think Dumbledore was dying from the potion.

15. Why did Dumbledore trust Snape?

I think at one point Snape got Dumbledore out of a no win situation

16. Whose side is Snape really on? (V's, Order's, his own)?

Firstly, he's a Slytherin and out for himself, but now he's on the Order's side and this will become clear later on

17. Where did Snape take Draco at the end of HBP? Where is Snape hiding now?

I havent a clue

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?

Yes he will and probably find something written down by his parents which will help him.

19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack?

I think Snape was under an invisibility cloak.

20. Will Percy remain estranged from his family, or will he make amends?

He's a big git, so no.

21. Did Percy act as a spy for Dumbledore with his connections in the Ministry?

No.

22. Will Wormtail repay his life-debt to Harry?

Yes.

23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Dursleys?

"so long and thanks for all the fish" No, I think he'll just say bye and go.

24. What role will Aberforth play?

A minor role, but he will give Harry information about Dumbledore which will help Harry.

25. What was Aberforth really doing with those goats?

I dont want to go down that road thanks .

Harry will hit him with a curse and he will go through the veil

27. Why did Voldemort offer Lily a chance to live?

He was only bluffing, he was going to kill her anyway

28. What was Dumbledore's "gleam of triumph"?

When he realised that Voldermort now had some of Harry's blood

29. What is the power of love?

Its a song by Frankie Goes to Hollywood

30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban?

Got a feeling he will escape

31. Is Trevor more than a toad?

No

32. Will there be an attack at Fleur & Bill's wedding?

Only if the Death Eaters realise they haven't been invited

33. Will Ginny join the trio in Harry's quest?

Only near the end

34. Will we see Fawkes again? Will he choose Harry as his new owner?

I think so, but no, Harry wont own him

35. Will someone kill Fenrir Greyback? Who?

Got to be Lupin to do that

36. What is the purpose of the veil?

A portal between worlds

37. Will we see Sirius again? How?

Only through memory

38. Who is the dragon on the special edition US cover art?

Not sure, a Hungarian Horntail?

39. What was Dumbledore's letter ("Remember my last") to Petunia referring to?

A letter explaining what happened to Lily & James and asking Petunia to look after Harry.

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side?

Possibly, some on the good side and some on the bad

41. Anything else you want to add?

I'm a late bloomer where it comes to Harry Potter, but cant wait for the 7th Book

Old July 15th, 2007, 12:14 am
McMugwump Supreme

From Sharon:

Questions:

I think they're the horcruxes as well as those treasures in Hogwarts (in the trophy room and Room of Requirement when Harry asked for a room to hide the book) left behind by dead people.

Dumbledore was sure that the locket and the cup and Nagini are horcruxes. Only one horcrux is not known by Dumbledore and Harry. I think one of the remaining horcrux belong to Rowena Ravenclaw – it must be the tiara in the room of requirement coz she might be a princess or belongs to the royal family.

No Harrry nor his scar is not a horcrux.

3. Will Harry die?
NO, he will not die.

I think Snape will be one of the major characters who will die as an ultimate proof that he's on the good side all along. The other one major character who will die is Voldemort – in the hands of Harry. Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew too) and one or two members of the Order and maybe Percy

Draco Malfoy will somehow redeem himself. He'd feel guilty about what he did.

Uhm…my instincts telling me it's going to be Harry because he's a powerful wizard even for his age, and knows more about Voldemort than any of the member of the Orders.

Only Snape is the spy among the Death Eaters.

8. Who is R.A.B.?

It's Regulus Black.

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?

Yes, it will reopen.

Yes, because Voldemort would come to Hogwarts now that Dumbledore is dead (He was persistent to return to Hogwarts in the past but Dumbledore prevented him) so Harry would need to return to Hogwarts.

11. Will the Ministry interfere more with Hogwarts (if it reopens) now that Dumbledore is gone?

No they won't. They will provide the necessary additional security if required but they have a lot to deal with regarding the protection of Wizarding world. In short, The Ministry would leave Hogwarts alone.

Yes there will be because Voldemort would return to Hogwarts for he might have left one of his horcruxes there.

Yes, we will see Dumbledore again through his portrait in the headmaster/headmistress office of course. But he could only give reactions like what the previous headmasters and headmistresses do or could occasionally be asked to do send messages or something.

I am now convinced he was pleading with Snape to kill him. That has been his plan since Snape told him his Unbreakable Vow with Narcissa (and Snape knew, through Legilemency, what task Voldemort has assigned Draco) and that's why Dumbledore told Harry, after he fetched him from the Dursleys, to bring his Invisibility cloak at all times. He knew that Snape would have to kill him when Draco would fail to do so.

Dumbledore trusted Snape because Snape showed true remorse at Lily's death. I think Snape was in-love with Lily (maybe secretly) the whole time. When Snape heard the prophecy and informed Voldemort about it, he didn't know that Voldemort would come after the Potters. Only when he learned that Lily had died, did he regret what he did and so he went to Dumbledore, confessed everything he's done and agreed wholeheartedly to be a spy for Dumbledore. LOVE would only be the factor that would thoroughly convince Dumbledore.

He's on Dumbledore's side.
Hhmm..too tough. I think Dumbledore and Snape had already planned where Snape would go after he kills Dumbledore. Maybe Snape is hiding with Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

18. Will Harry visit the house where he was attacked in Godric's Hollow? What will he find there?

Yes, he will. He will find more information about his parents and Snape.

19. Aside from James, Lily, Voldemort and Harry, who else was at the house in Godric's Hollow on the night of the attack?

There was no one else besides them. Voldemort went alone.

He will make amends after he would swallow his pride.

No, he didn't. (This question would not be answered in Book 7, I think!)

Yes, he will.He would be the one who could prevent Harry's death because of his debt to Harry.

The usual way he says goodbye to the Dursleys each time he left for Hogwarts - A simple "bye" and couldn't care less if they replied to him or not.

He'd come out from where he is at the moment – full of information that will be useful to the Order.

Uhhmm…trying to get bezoar out of them? LOL!

Yes, Voldemort will die, after all the horcruxes will be destroyed and either Harry or Snape would kill him.(Harry to avenge his parents and Snape to avenge Lily).

Because maybe Voldermort knew that Snape loves Lily and since Snape was the one who told him the prophecy, he's trying to spare Lily as a reward for Snape (LOL! This might be very far-fetched)

I think Harry's blood has made Voldemort less invincible and became a human being so when the time comes for them to face each other, Harry would have a bigger chance of defeating Voldemort

The power of love is a song sang by Celine Dion. Just KIDDING! LOL! Seriously, the power of love would destroy Voldemort. Harry and Snape would be successful in killing him because they are doing it in revenge for the loved ones they lost.

30. Will Lucius escape or be released from Azkaban

I don't think so. Maybe we'll not see Lucius again.

No, he isn't. He's just necessary to portray Neville's character.

No, there won't be an attack. The wedding would be sort of a reprieve, a chance for them to relax and enjoy and be happy before they all would plunge into fighting evil and suffer the consequences the war would bring to all.

She won't join in looking for the horcruxes (since Dumbledore told Harry to inform only Hermione and Ron) but she will be fighting with them during the final battle.

No, Fawkes was gone for good when Dumbledore died.

Yes, someone will kill Fenrir Greyback and it's going to be Lupin and/or Bill Weasley.

It might be a passage for the dead, or maybe some sort of a limbo for dead witches and wizards.

Yes, we will see Sirius again. In the Pensieve or in the two-way mirror or maybe through the veil where he fell down.

It might be Norbert.

I think it was referring to Dumbledore's last request to the Dursley's – to take Harry into their homes until he comes of age.

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side?

The house-elves esp. Dobby and Kreacher, Grawp, Buckbeak,

- Harry would become an internationally famous Quidditch player
- Neville would become a Herbology teacher in Hogwarts

Lunch was six dollars and thirty-one cents at the Lamplighter Inn, that's on Highway Two near Lewis Fork.
That was a tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat, slice of cherry pie, and a cup of coffee.
Damn good food. Diane, if you ever get up this way that cherry pie is worth a stop.

Old July 17th, 2007, 4:59 pm
Grim of the Baskervilles

Hallows means saints, so it could be a reference to the remaining horcruxes, which are the relics of the Founders (saints), and have all been cursed by Voldemort (deathly)

Nagini, Hufflepuff's cup, something of Ravenclaw's, the locket. No, Harry is not a horcrux.

3. Will Harry die?

No

Hagrid, Ron, Lupin

Draco

McGonagall, but Harry will play a much larger role within the Order, maybe even assuming leadership himself.

Yes

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes

Yes, but he might not stay for the full year

Yes

No

Probably not

He was begging for his life

His famous ability to trust: he believed his story about regret over the Potter's deaths.

His own

In Spinner's End

Yes. He won't find much: perhaps something significant belonging to James or Lily.

Nobody

He'll stay estranged, though the epilogue may have him making amends years down the road.

No

Yes

With no love lost on either side

He might provide some information to Harry

Trying to breed them?

Yes, but he'll die almost accidentally. Harry won't directly kill him.

That he had correctly predicted the effect of the curse on Voldemort

Released, perhaps

Nope, just a frog

No

No

No

Yes...Lupin, maybe Bill

No

Norbert

The letter he originally wrote when he left Harry on their doorstep. Or possibly an earlier Howler.

40. What other magical creatures will play a larger role in DH? (Goblins, Centaurs, Giant Squid, etc.) Will they be on the good side or the bad side?
Grawp will probably have some kind of role, on the good side. And the house-elves, at least Dobby.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; July 18th, 2007 at 4:54 am.
Old July 17th, 2007, 5:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

A place in Hogwarts.

The Ruby in the Gryffindor sword
Ravenclaw's opal neckalce
Harry or his scar is a Horcrux.

3. Will Harry die?
Not exactly, he'll crossover, but he'll be returned alive.

Hagrid, Charlie, Voldemort, Lupin, Neville

Snape

Remus Lupin

No.

8. Who is R.A.B.?
Regulus Black

9. Will Hogwarts reopen?
Yes.

He will return to Hogwarts, but not as a student.

No. They are overwhelmed with trying to catch Voldemort.

A minor battle, but not the finale.

Yes. I believe Dumbledore will be the one to greet Harry when Harry crosses over.

He held Snape to his promise of killing him.

Snape shared his memory of remorse in regards to the prophecy and the Potters.

His own, but so long as Voldemort is in power he'll work with the order and help Harry.

Yes. He'll find some of his mother's ancient magical objects and writings.

No one else.

He'll remain estranged.

Nope.

Yes, and he'll die while doing so.

23. How will Harry say goodbye to the Durselys?
By transfiguring their house into an abomination for all the neighbors to see.

He will be part of the Order.

Voldemort will fall through the veil with Harry, and the folks on the other side will obliviate his soul after Harry relinquishes the piece he's carrying.

He knows Voldemort now possess a tad of Lily's love which will make him weak in the end.

The willingness to sacrifice oneself for another.

Escape.

1. Is Trevor more than a toad?
Nah, just a toad.

Yes, and a Weasley will die.

While they are at Hogwarts yes, but she will remain at Hogwarts as a student.

Yes and Yes.

Yes. Tonks.

Its a gateway to the afterlife.

Yes. Harry will see him on the other side after he falls through the veil.

It's an Antipodean Opaleye, and is very ancient. Harry finds the dragon and wakes it up.

Explaining why she needs to keep Harry in her home.

Centaurs. Goblins. Elves. All on the good side.

Hogwarts, in the future, will have only one house. The 4 houses will be joined into one.
Harry's Patronus will change.

Last edited by Katze; July 18th, 2007 at 3:00 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies