Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Muggles play a role in Book Seven?

Old November 30th, 2005, 4:04 am
First Year

I've been sitting here laughing at the far-fetched comments some have provided. Please do not take offence they are brilliant.

Voldemort joins up with Darth Vader and Harry deminishes them with a crossbow... could be interesting... could be really funny. Just a tad bit of a let down but it would be something I'm sure the people at Saturday Night Live would love to use.

Back to the original thought... Muggles... Muggles... I think its essential there is some meshing of the two worlds whether it will turn out anything like The Terminator series (haha who can see Voldemort there in a thick Austrian accent going "I'll Be Back" - well Ralph Fiennes did play an Austrian Nazi in Schindler's List) is dependant on Jo's writings.

The extent of the involvement I think is that the British PM (Tony Blair for a cameo) should announce the presence of some big bad evil - obviously in a more articulate fashion - and for the public to remain calm. They should be given some information but not as much as the rest of the community. Spice it up a bit...

Or if you want to keep to the true content... say nothing about the Muggles and have it as a wizard war.

Miki xxx

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2005, 4:18 am
Third Year

interesting question

I don't know if they will play a huge role or not. I think harry may have some trouble finding the Horcruxes due to muggles being around or something of the sort but i don't think the Wizarding World will be revealing itself to the Muggle World. That i don't want to happen and it would be weird if it did.

Old November 30th, 2005, 4:47 am
First Year

Damn those Muggles always getting in the way...

Old November 30th, 2005, 11:38 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
What did WWI tell us kids? Machine Guns are bad...to be against
I have two words for you: Imperturbable Charm.

As for the worlds coming together, it certainly won't be permanent: Harry Potter is set in this world a few years in the past. Book 2 is set in 1992 (Nicks Birthday), book seven will be 1997. And seeing as we don't know about wizards . . .

Harry loses it again.
Old November 30th, 2005, 1:05 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlPatronus
As for the worlds coming together, it certainly won't be permanent: Harry Potter is set in this world a few years in the past. Book 2 is set in 1992 (Nicks Birthday), book seven will be 1997. And seeing as we don't know about wizards . . .
ok, thinking about that for too long might make my head explode!

Old November 30th, 2005, 1:07 pm
Second Year

NO except to be terrorized

Old November 30th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Second Year

I don't think I would feel betrayed. I think it would actually work. I mean with all the turmoil the wizarding world is facing and with the extreme evil of Voldemort and the Death Eaters I'm sure more unexplainable things will happen in the muggle world.

I don't think, however, that the muggle government will be giving any wizard some AK-47's and M-16's to help in the effort.

It will be very interesting to see how that will unfold, but as someone has already said. I don't think JKR would have just thrown in the muggle prime minister and the unexplainable things happening there for no good reason.

Old July 24th, 2006, 9:19 am
First Year

Muggles thrust into the final battle?

Is it possible, that the final battle will have muggles involved? Is it possible voldemort will take hostages? Per se?

Old July 24th, 2006, 9:23 am
Second Year

Re: Muggles thrust into the final battle?

I'm sure anything is possible. We hear about Voldemort doing stuff to Muggles in "The Other Minister" chapter in HBP. But I tend to think the final battle will be one on one, with no one else around. Maybe Ron/Snape/Hermione, but definitely not a bunch of random hostages.

Plus can you really picture Voldemort taking hostages? It's not his style.

Old July 24th, 2006, 9:26 am
First Year

Well yea, it isnt his style, but if finds out he is close to death, or all his horcruxes have been destroyed, he may go into a panic. Your right, anything is possible, but i wanted a second opinion on the matter.

Old July 24th, 2006, 9:27 am
Sixth Year

Yes, to me it seems very possible that Voldemort will hold any number of Muggles hostage. The magical world could not possibly dream of letting Muggles come to harm, both ethically speaking and because it would undoubtedly drag all of them into the war. It would be a very effective way for Voldemort to get what he wants, so I don't think it's too likely to be overlooked. As for their involvement in the final battle, I'm not sure. Perhaps. It seems more likely that it would be a fighting strategy.

Old July 24th, 2006, 9:32 am
First Year

Because, as Dumbledore speculated in the chapter, when he discussed desroying the horcruxes with Harry, Voldemort not knowing if a horcrux was destroyed. He may start getting reckless and rash. after finding out he was no longer immortal.

Old July 24th, 2006, 5:20 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Will Muggles play a role in Book Seven?

I think they will be featured in book 7 as getting suspicious or something but I don't think they will have an effect on the war itself.

Old July 24th, 2006, 7:35 pm
Seventh Year

I'm not sure about how much influence muggles should play in the last book but I don't want too much. It would be interesting to have muggles involved somehow but the books have been centered around the wizard world and that's what I want it to remain like. JK herself said that the two world will come together in a way for the last book but I think she meant it more in the way of muggles being killed/kidnapped etc.

Old July 24th, 2006, 7:40 pm
Second Year

It would be cool if the muggles would help mom and the ootp in the war against the dark lord!

Old September 16th, 2006, 10:57 pm
Second Year

yes, they have to seeing as the dark lord has revealed himself.

Proud member of the Bert Club
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:00 pm
Second Year

I think muggles will findout about magic people and make it harder for harry to kill voldemort.

Old November 27th, 2006, 8:51 am
Fourth Year

well if voldemort keeps up with his destruction then the muggle prime minister will at least try to do something about it

Wand-15",Gaboon Ebony,Bloodwood,& Lignum Vitae,Rigid,Phoenix Ash & Phoenix Tear Core

Broomstick-Scarlet Phoenix

Animagus-African Lion

Patronus-Red Dragon

Durmstrang Institute of Magical Inquiry-Dracheseith House:Powerful,Wise,Crazy,and,Secretive

Magical Pets-Pursequor and Gaudium

I,Erus Omnipotens,The Shadow Lord,Am The Next Great And Powerful Wizard Of All Time
Old November 27th, 2006, 9:56 am
Third Year

Well, I wouldn't feel betrayed or disappointed if muggles were involved with the war in some way; it could actually be quite interesting.

Personally, I think there absolutely WILL be muggle involvement in some small way; if the war gets as bad as it was when Grindlewald was in power, muggles will DEFINITELY be involved, for good or ill. As of now, I believe muggles will be involved in small ways; there will be tragedies and "natural" disasters to hit them (such as have ALREADY happened in HBP). That kind of thing is only bound to get worse, and it's doubtful no one will notice something amiss. Don't get me wrong; I don't believe muggles will have a big part; but their trials and tribulations will certainly be spoken of---maybe even a triumph here and there, in spite of the fact they won't realize what exactly they're fighting. (For example, it would be cool if a muggle accidentally killed a Death Eater, without realizing it; maybe protecting family or friends from someone they just see as dangerous. It wouldn't necessarily even be a part of the storyline, just something the wizarding world hears about.)

As I said, I believe it will be a small part in the overall arc of the story, but one that will have emotional significance---showing Voldemort's hatred and cruelty and bigotry.

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends"

Old February 11th, 2007, 10:41 am
First Year

Muggles in Deathly Hallows

We've already seen Voldemort crossing the lines between the Wizarding World and the Muggle World, shrewdly chipping away at the wall between the two. Muggles seem to be wrapped up in a banal fantasy of all-consuming normality, but this bubble could burst at any time.

Will Voldemort expand his efforts at sewing chaos in the Muggle World?

Will the muggle world learn about the Wizarding World in book 7?

If so, how will they react?

Will this even be important in the plot of Deathly Hallows?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies