Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

New Leader of the Order of Phoenix? v2

Old July 6th, 2006, 8:37 pm
Fifth Year

Re: New Leader of the Order of Phoenix? v2

I can see Harry doing it, kind of like the DA was *training* for leading Dumbledore's real army...

Old July 6th, 2006, 8:43 pm
First Year

McGonagall.

Old July 6th, 2006, 9:32 pm
Second Year

Harry is way too young, I think a leader should have some experience in life. McGonagall would be best.

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn, social activist

My name is pronounced "Tah-rah", not "te-ra". In other word, the British way, not the American way.
Old July 6th, 2006, 9:35 pm
First Year

Main possibilities:
Alastor Moody- I can see him doing it becuase he's retired, so he doesn't have anything else to reaaly keep up with
Molly Weasley- she's going to be too busy with her children, i don't think she can worry about her kids, harry and hermione, and go on to lead the Order
Arthur Weasley- I can see him doing it, but i can also see him not. He's going to be working with the Ministry and he can't get side tracked from that either, becuase this way he has acess to the minisrty if the order needs it.
Bill Weasley- He's getting married, i doubt Fleur would want him to be doing that. It would be alot and fleur probebly wants to spend some time with him before the outbreak of war
Charlie Weasley- I just can't see someone so young doing it. It's going to be someone with experiance
Nymphadora Tonks- Same reason as above, plus she's just to disorganized and clumsy, she may leave some important info laying about.
Dedalus Diggle- Maybe, don't know much about him, and J.K does bring minor Charcters and puts them in big parts, like she did with the Minister of Magic
Remus Lupin-I think he can do it, he seems good for the job, and he's old enough to have experiance with this.
Mundungus Fletcher- he's to untrustworthy to put in such a big position
Kingsley Shackbolt- Like Mr.weasley i think he's going to be busy seaching for deatheaters with the Ministry, to take on a huge role with the Order
Minerva McGonagall- I don't know...If Hogwarts is closed then perhaps, but if it's open i just don't see her being able to handle a school and an anti-voldy association thing aswell as Dumbledore did
Severus Snape-No one trust him (i'm still not sure if he's good or evil)

Other possibilities:
Aberforth Dumbledore- Maybe, becuase if he's Dumbledore's brother he must be somewhat powerful, so maybe they'll put him incharge, we don't know a whole lot about him.
Fred and/or George Weasley- I think they are too young, and i think they'll be busy trying to make people laugh during these dark times rather then being incharge of the Order.
Harry, Ron, or Hermione- they will be looking for Horcruxes, they don't need any added pressure
No one...- Also very likely, they may work togther equally and assign themselves projects they feel they'll be sucessful in.

So that's what i think, Agree? Disagree?

"Ah, no!" said Ron, staring horror-struck at the parchement. "Dont say I'll have to write the whole thing out again!""It's OK, we can fix it," said Hermione, pulling the essay towards her and taking out her wand."I love you, Hermione," said Ron, sinking back in his chair, rubbing his eyes weaily.
Hermione turned faintly pink, but merely said, "Don't let Lavender hear you saying that."
"I won't, said Ron into his hands. "Or maybe I will ... then she'll ditch me ..." -HBP

Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge. -HBP

Last edited by jasmeenroxz; July 6th, 2006 at 9:39 pm.
Old July 6th, 2006, 9:39 pm
First Year

Well, I don't know I think there's a possibility between Remus, McGonagall, Abeforth, Mr. Weasley. There are other people that I think could lead the Order but those four are my first possibilities.

Old July 7th, 2006, 12:18 am
First Year

I don't think Aberforth will be able to....remember the goat story??? My bet is on Mad Eye.

"Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn't even the star of his own Halloween special." -- Chris Rock
The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
"Only a genius can play a fool."--Michael Rapaport

"The key to immortallity, is living a life which is worth to be remembered.'' --Bruce Lee
Old July 7th, 2006, 12:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldyvolvol
Additionally, he is too young to join the Order as well. He is still at school age, and the Order only allows full grown wizards in who have already completed school or are at an age that is over school age.
I thought they had to be of age to join the order. Fred and George couldn't because they're parents didn't want them in yet and they hadn't finished school yet. If Harry won't return to Hogwarts(which I disagree), he most likely would join the order. He's been through more than most of the order has, and he's the key to the Orders chance of winning the war.

Someone has to be the leader of the Order. The Order needs to be organized or their odds of winning the war will quickly fade. And if theres an HQ set up, the leader would be the secret keeper. I think it will be either Mr. Weasley(listens to everyones opinion), McGonagall will most likely be at Hogwarts, Lupin would be ideal as would be Moody(warhawk of the group).
My thoughts

Old July 7th, 2006, 3:02 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62442al_Man
I think I should just post up the possibilities of who was in the Order and who stands a chance at becoming Head;

Voldwar II possibilites:
  • Alastor Moody
  • Molly Weasley
  • Arthur Weasley
  • Bill Weasley
  • Charlie Weasley
  • Nymphadora Tonks
  • Dedalus Diggle
  • Remus Lupin
  • Mundungus Fletcher
  • Kingsley Shackbolt
  • Minerva McGonagall
  • Severus Snape

Other possibilities:
  • Aberforth Dumbledore
  • Fred and/or George Weasley
  • Harry, Ron, or Hermione
  • No one...

My money is on Aberforth. He has some significance, I hope! Either him or Remus. Maybe even Tonks. Ugh, it is hard to decide...None of the children and none of the Weasleys, I believe. None of the plot-fillers, sorry for the harsh words , either. No one like Dedalus Diggle will be becoming Head, but it's possible...
I remember J.K.R stating that a member of the order of the Phoenix will have fairly prominent role in book 7, in helping out Harry. She also stated that this member has had very little mentioned about them thus so far.

Because of this I believe Aberforth is that person. This dose not mean he will be the new leader, but it seems more likely who ever has that role in book 7 by being a major help to Harry, will also be more likely the new leader as well.

Old July 7th, 2006, 3:04 am
First Year

Well we know that there is a secret member that we have yet to meet. Personally I would want the second in command to be someone that is hidden and completely unkown to others. That would almost certainly be Aberforth Dumbledore

Old July 7th, 2006, 1:16 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairo14
I remember J.K.R stating that a member of the order of the Phoenix will have fairly prominent role in book 7, in helping out Harry. She also stated that this member has had very little mentioned about them thus so far.
Because of this I believe Aberforth is that person. This dose not mean he will be the new leader, but it seems more likely who ever has that role in book 7 by being a major help to Harry, will also be more likely the new leader as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watson_fan05
Well we know that there is a secret member that we have yet to meet. Personally I would want the second in command to be someone that is hidden and completely unkown to others. That would almost certainly be Aberforth Dumbledore
Bear in mind that a secret member coming to the forefront (and I do believe it is Aberforth) does not necessarily mean that he has to become the leader. According to JKR in that quote, JKR meant that that secret member will be helpful to Harry. That doesn't necessarily mean he is going to be the leader.

Additionally, the problem about Aberforth becoming the leader, is that nobody really knows about who he is. Moody, who was there from Vold War I had only met him once, and his reaction to his meeting was that he thought Aberforth was a "strange bloke"

If this is true, then how can we know if the rest of the Order would trust somone that they barely even know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne
I thought they had to be of age to join the order. Fred and George couldn't because they're parents didn't want them in yet and they hadn't finished school yet. If Harry won't return to Hogwarts(which I disagree), he most likely would join the order. He's been through more than most of the order has, and he's the key to the Orders chance of winning the war.
You did have to be over school-age to be part of the Order. Because of that, at the stage Fred and George wanted to be in the Order in the OotP, they would not be allowed because they were still young.

But I agree with you. Harry may be part of the Order, along with the trio, if they do not return to school. However, him becoming the leader is a little too far for a first timer who had never been to their meetings before, adding on the fact that he would only be 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne
Someone has to be the leader of the Order. The Order needs to be organized or their odds of winning the war will quickly fade. And if theres an HQ set up, the leader would be the secret keeper. I think it will be either Mr. Weasley(listens to everyones opinion), McGonagall will most likely be at Hogwarts, Lupin would be ideal as would be Moody(warhawk of the group).
My thoughts
I agree with you. However, the problem with Moody becoming the leader is that he is completely paranoid. He's a powerful wizard, and I will not deny that. But when in fear, you can make the wrong choices, and get some bad results. In the OotP, Moody was about to back track the Order to make sure nobody was following them on the brooms.

That wouldn't be good at all. They wouldn't have arrived in Grimmauld Place for a week as Tonks said, and that they would be most likely killed if they were out there that long. That is my reasons to believe Alastor Moody isn't the right person to lead the Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeenroxz
Molly Weasley- she's going to be too busy with her children, i don't think she can worry about her kids, harry and hermione, and go on to lead the Order
I'd have to agree. Not only that, but because she is kind of like Moody as well. She gets scared easily, and that can also make the wrong choices, as I said before. Plus, she looses her temper quite easily, making outbursts as well, and that's not the greatest quality you can find in a leader.

Quote:
Arthur Weasley- I can see him doing it, but i can also see him not. He's going to be working with the Ministry and he can't get side tracked from that either, becuase this way he has acess to the minisrty if the order needs it.
The problem I see with Ministry members leading the Order is the risk that they would be taking. The Ministry is an irresponsible place, and can do and think wrong all the time - even more than Moody. We've seen that in the past during the all the books. Because of that, I can't imagine them accusing the Order for something. That would get the leader in big-time trouble, losing their job and going to Azkaban. This is a particular risk for someone who works in he Ministry, seeing that you are working under both sides. It wouldn't be as much of a risk for someone working outside the Ministry. That's why I don't see any of the Ministry workers leading as well. That would include Kingsley, Arthur, and Tonks.

Quote:
Bill Weasley- He's getting married, i doubt Fleur would want him to be doing that. It would be alot and fleur probebly wants to spend some time with him before the outbreak of war
Also, he is quite young, and doesn't have too much experience in the Order.

Quote:
Charlie Weasley- I just can't see someone so young doing it. It's going to be someone with experiance
I agree. Adding to that, he is a foreign wizard working for the Order. He's British, but lives in a foreign country. That limits the time he can go to the meetings and the amount of time to get to know people in the Order. Because of that, I believe that the Order do not know too much about him, and that just goes back to the reason I don't say Aberforth.

Quote:
Dedalus Diggle- Maybe, don't know much about him, and J.K does bring minor Charcters and puts them in big parts, like she did with the Minister of Magic
That's true. However, if I remember correctly, it was Dedalus Diggle who let off fireworks when Voldemort was gone. That was a foolish thing to do as McGonagall said, since it would attract Muggles. He would be a candidate, but he can get a little clumsy and foolish at times.

Quote:
Minerva McGonagall- I don't know...If Hogwarts is closed then perhaps, but if it's open i just don't see her being able to handle a school and an anti-voldy association thing aswell as Dumbledore did
But another reason I don't see McGonagall as leader is because of her temper as well. She can lose her temper, as we saw in the classes and with Umbridge. Because of that, it wouldn't be so great to have a leader who can start shouting a lot at the same time.

____

Because of this, that just leaves one ideal person to lead the Order. Remus Lupin. He's calm all the time, and he deeply cared about Dumbledore as we saw in the Hospital Wing in the HBP. He knows what is coming being in the Order for two wars now, and he cannot go back to his post at spying the werewolves. He fought against Fenrir's team, and he would know Lupin's true loyalties by then. But I agree with Peg as well. He is quite humble.

Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down. - Friday Night Lights

"When I pray, you answer me; and encourage me by giving me the strength I need." - Psalm 138:3
Old July 7th, 2006, 1:36 pm
First Year

I think Lupin will take over. The Order respect him quite a lot. But I think another possibility would be McGonnagall.

"The Dark Lord always knows."- Bellatrix Lestrange, OotP

(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )
Hail Lord Bunnymort! Copy him into your siggie so he can be on his way to world domination.

There is no good or evil...There is only power and those to weak to seek it."- Voldemort, SS
Old July 8th, 2006, 5:27 am
Fifth Year

I do think Lupin is smart and brave enough to lead the Order and also has experience. The only problem with him is he needs to keep his werewolf problem under control. Who is going to make his potion for him? Hopefully Mrs. Weasley will

Old July 8th, 2006, 5:39 am
First Year

i think lupin or aberforth will become the leader, and i don't think lupins being a werewolf will become a problem. if he needs help there's always tonks.

Last edited by asphodelowl; July 8th, 2006 at 5:41 am.
Old July 9th, 2006, 1:47 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbell32
I do think Lupin is smart and brave enough to lead the Order and also has experience. The only problem with him is he needs to keep his werewolf problem under control. Who is going to make his potion for him? Hopefully Mrs. Weasley will
If the Order of the Phoenix continues, I agree Lupin is the most likely to become the official head, because of all the qualities stated above in earlier posts. I don't see a problem with his lycanthropy, I at least have come to believe that he is down for only one night each lunar cycle, and even without Snape we have a very clever, competent potions maker in the mix (excuse the pun) - Hermione. I have no doubt that she would be more than up to the task of keeping up with Lupin's wolfbane needs.

I agree with most of the arguments for and against the various potential leaders with the following additional thoughts-
Moody - fear can't be used too strongly as relating to errors in judgment, he has after all been most successful in bringing down DE's over the course of his Auror career even though he is the ONLY one to not use any Unforgivables after the Ministry approved their use for Aurors.
Molly - add also that although she is an Order member, it is obvious her primary goal has always been to keep her kids and husband safe, seeing the short term (this event) danger as opposed to the longterm (Voldemort winning) danger.
Arthur - good man, generally calm, fair, but there's that Ministry conflict.
Aberforth - Unless he is better known to more people than we have been aware of (Harry filter), I don't think his place in Book 7 will be as leader of the Order as his way of helping Harry. The suggestion that he is probably a strong wizard because he is Albus' brother doesn't work for me - too much emphasis on strength because of blood ties.

Harry - age has been brought up in regard to several potential leaders, as has other requirements on their time, and problems with anger management, of which Harry was extremely guilty in Book 5. I don't have a problem with that because I'm in possibly my own solitary camp with regards to who was responsible for a majority of Harry's anger outbursts - Voldemort and his Legilimency games. Once Harry came to realize what was happening, even though his Occlumency training with Snape didn't go well and was discontinued (why by the way - surely other's could have carried on that training) he has been more in control of his anger, and more aware of the need to assess everything before leaping to conclusions. I think Harry did a lot of growing up in Book 6, and I saw Book 6 as the official "passing of the torch." Albus officially, in my opinion, passed the leadership torch to Harry when he assured Harry he was safe because he was with Harry. Up until then we had always received hints that Harry, and everyone was safe as long as Albus was around. I think JKR, with that phrase, told us the Harry has moved into position as the wizard Voldemort should now fear most.

So why, with all Harry must do this year would he have time to lead the Order? Because each of the Order members can be useful in the Horcrux hunt even if they don't specifically know what they are looking for, and take some of the time problems off his hands.
Bill, as stated above can help with curse breaking either at the locations where a Horcrux is suspected, or with the actual destruction of the Horcrux. I see no specific need to end up in Egypt, but that could happen. I think I recall JKR saying something about Book 5 being so long because she had to get Harry from this place to that place etc., so I don't see world travel being involved, although we do yet need to see Azkaban, and that is where Dung is right now, did he manage to get the locket out of Grimmauld place and sell it? Hagrid could a source for transportation and instructions on covert traveling without magic. This names just a couple Order members who could be of use without knowing exactly what Harry's quest involved.

Finally, whether or not the trio return to Hogwarts, there has to be someone who is given each Order member's gathered information. Is this the year Harry finally gets all the information he needs, before he comes to a conclusion based on some information and then blunders into danger?

I think electing Harry to leadership will all hinge on whether the other Order members are aware of the prophesy. They all know Harry is a target, but may not all know exactly why - if they finally know, they will finally realize that Harry is the one they all need to rally behind, that Harry is already leading them whether or not it is official.

Let's see them make it official.

Old July 10th, 2006, 1:12 am
Hogwarts Graduate

My chice would be Mcgonagall but shes gonna be busy being head mistress aint she so Im sticking with the rest that they will be a group relying on each onther but have no specific leader,

Old July 10th, 2006, 1:16 am
First Year

My vote is on Snape, or Dumbledore.

I dunno, it just seems right.

Maybe there won't be an Order.

Personally...I don't care if there IS an order, just if Harry finds the Horcruxes.

Old July 10th, 2006, 1:31 am
First Year

I dont think anybody can take over Dumbledore's place and i think that the order realizes that. it might be like how after Dumbledore died McGonnagal left DD's chair empty(at the end of year feast), they will do the same thing w/ the leader ot the OotP. They might leave the slot empty for a while and work as a team, then after the worst of the war is over and everything then i think McGonnagal will be Leader because she may be old but i beleive she is string and can fight (duel?) with the rest of them.

Proud beleiver that Snivellus is pure evil!
Old July 10th, 2006, 1:43 am
First Year

i think it will be aberforth or maybe lupin. but i dont think they will have time to choose a new leader if war is starting so quickly. they might though.

Old July 10th, 2006, 5:38 am
First Year

Assuming the Order continues... I agree with the many reasons listed that are supportive of Lupin as the leader, though my guess is that he will have to receive unanimous support before accepting because he is so humble. McGonagall would be a good choice as well, and I think she could do it... but I think Lupin will have more time and an easier transition as he has fewer duties coming into Book 7. I think it is necessary to keep older members of the Order involved as they have all the insight and knowledge from Vold War I. The person or persons at the head of the Order will keep Harry more closely informed so that he knows what he's headed towards in advance.

Old July 10th, 2006, 10:22 pm
First Year

What about Regulus?

Gryffindor
Abby Webb

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies