Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

New Leader of the Order of Phoenix? v2

Old July 13th, 2006, 2:39 am
Fourth Year

Re: New Leader of the Order of Phoenix? v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMazer
Well stated. I think I agree with you. If Lupin does, in fact, assume the leader position, I suppose that means there is no more hope on the Werewolf-community front?
Not nessescarily. I think Lupin hinted at some point in HBP that at least a few werewolves agree with him. Mabey one of them would be willing to spy for the Order. And I can't help thinking of the werewolf in Mr. Weasley's ward in St. Mungo's in OotP. Lupin was talking to him when Molly blew up about the stitches....

"The very essence of romance is uncertainty. If I ever get married, I'll certainly try to forget the fact." -Oscar Wilde, from The Importance of Being Ernest

Proud member of the Sirius is just taking a break/nap/vacation/rest/shopping/oh he is SO not dead club.

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2006, 2:56 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg
Not nessescarily. I think Lupin hinted at some point in HBP that at least a few werewolves agree with him. Mabey one of them would be willing to spy for the Order. And I can't help thinking of the werewolf in Mr. Weasley's ward in St. Mungo's in OotP. Lupin was talking to him when Molly blew up about the stitches....
Thanks for the heads-up on the chapter quote Peg. I think we are still on the fence about the werewolf situation. Quite possibly people with Lycanthropy who don't "run" with Fenrir's packs might still be brought around, but its more sure that the hardcore werewolves probably won't come around to the side of Voldemort's opponents.

Old July 13th, 2006, 2:58 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFal
Thanks for the heads-up on the chapter quote Peg. I think we are still on the fence about the werewolf situation. Quite possibly people with Lycanthropy who don't "run" with Fenrir's packs might still be brought around, but its more sure that the hardcore werewolves probably won't come around to the side of Voldemort's opponents.
Yeah, that basically sums up what I'm trying to say.

"The very essence of romance is uncertainty. If I ever get married, I'll certainly try to forget the fact." -Oscar Wilde, from The Importance of Being Ernest

Proud member of the Sirius is just taking a break/nap/vacation/rest/shopping/oh he is SO not dead club.

Old July 13th, 2006, 1:50 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg
Lupin said this.

HBP, LupinNearly all of them are on Vldemort's side.

There are still some werewolves who oppose Voldemort, but not many at all.

Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down. - Friday Night Lights

"When I pray, you answer me; and encourage me by giving me the strength I need." - Psalm 138:3
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:19 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldyvolvol
Lupin said this.

HBP, LupinNearly all of them are on Vldemort's side.

There are still some werewolves who oppose Voldemort, but not many at all.
Thanks for finding that quote. I could have, but quite honestly, I'm too lazy. So, like you said, there are some, even if not many, werewolves other than Lupin who oppose Voldemort. That's a start.

Old July 16th, 2006, 11:26 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg
Thanks for finding that quote. I could have, but quite honestly, I'm too lazy. So, like you said, there are some, even if not many, werewolves other than Lupin who oppose Voldemort. That's a start.
Any start is a good start. Now if a certain wealthy, recently "of age" adult wizard were to set up "The Remus Lupin Lycanthropy Free Clinic" to provide Wolfsbane at a free or drastically reduced cost at St. Mungo's...increased supporters for the "good side," additional reason for Order members to give the position of head to Remus as a show of good faith to those fence-sitting werewolves.

Old July 17th, 2006, 7:10 pm
First Year

My guesses

- Lupin
- McGonagall
- Mr Weasley
- Mrs Weasley
- Kingsley Shacklebolt
- Moody

or even
- Bill Weasley
- Aberforth

I doubt Harry, Ron or Hermione are going to take over the lead. They are too young. Of course they have had their experiences with Dark magic but they aren't as well prepared as for example Moody being an Ex-Auror.

Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?
- Lucius (CoS)
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:10 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinky_Punk
I doubt Harry, Ron or Hermione are going to take over the lead. They are too young. Of course they have had their experiences with Dark magic but they aren't as well prepared as for example Moody being an Ex-Auror.
I completely agree with you about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They're not even Order members! How can one of them take over leadership of a tight-knit organization like the Order without even knowing the names of all the members?

Old July 23rd, 2006, 8:53 am
First Year

McGonagall all the way. Who handles business for Dumbledore when Hogwarts doesn't have him? McGonagall. Who among the Hogwarts teachers is respected the most by their fellow teachers? McGonagall. She's tough, she's skillfull, she thinks like a leader and she's got intelligence and tactical logic on a level close to Dumbledore's. She won't be of use to Harry's search for the Horcruxes the way Dumbledore was, but then again, nobody will be. She's fiercely respected among her peers and she never shows weakness.

My vote is definitely in for Minerva McGonagall. She may be busy trying to open up Hogwarts, but Dumbledore's been managing Hogwarts and the Order for a while. McGonagall can handle it, she's a multi-tasker. I think a real interesting question here is, If and when McGonagall takes the reins as leader of the OoTP, who will become head of Griffindor class and Transfiguration teacher? Aberforth Dumbledore maybe? Remus Lupin perhaps? After all, he probably won't be among the wolves for much longer.

4th Corner of the Lotus Moon Society

"This, too shall pass."
Old July 24th, 2006, 2:50 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain_Darkwood
McGonagall all the way. Who handles business for Dumbledore when Hogwarts doesn't have him? McGonagall. Who among the Hogwarts teachers is respected the most by their fellow teachers? McGonagall. She's tough, she's skillfull, she thinks like a leader and she's got intelligence and tactical logic on a level close to Dumbledore's. She won't be of use to Harry's search for the Horcruxes the way Dumbledore was, but then again, nobody will be. She's fiercely respected among her peers and she never shows weakness.

My vote is definitely in for Minerva McGonagall. She may be busy trying to open up Hogwarts, but Dumbledore's been managing Hogwarts and the Order for a while. McGonagall can handle it, she's a multi-tasker. I think a real interesting question here is, If and when McGonagall takes the reins as leader of the OoTP, who will become head of Griffindor class and Transfiguration teacher? Aberforth Dumbledore maybe? Remus Lupin perhaps? After all, he probably won't be among the wolves for much longer.
Yes, McGonnagall always takes over for Dumbledore at Hogwarts, but we have only seen her outside of the school and Hogsmeade once in OotP. Not exactly a high-level Order member if she rarely goes to meetings, is she? And what evidence do we have that she's a multi-tasker? We've only seen her fill the role of Transfiguration teacher and temporary Headmistress. So yes, Minerva is smart and tough, but we don't even have evidence that she was in the Order in the first war, which I think is nessecary in the new leader, since it means that he/she has that much more experience. McGonagall has been at Hogwarts for 40 years, filling only the one role we've seen her in. That's not changing any time soon. She simply doesn't have the experience or, quite possibly, the time, to handle the Order and Hogwarts at the same time (yes, Dumbledore did, but he was the greaest wizard of his age).

Old July 24th, 2006, 2:53 am
Fifth Year

McGonagall seems to be the natural choice since she is the new headmistress and is one of the more expierienced members.

Old July 24th, 2006, 8:39 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMongol
McGonagall seems to be the natural choice since she is the new headmistress and is one of the more expierienced members.
That's seriously the only person I can see being the leader as well. She will of course have lots of help from the other members of the order. An interesting question is that is a leader for the order that important? The members themselves can all just decide on things to do together.

Old July 24th, 2006, 11:48 am
Eldest Gruff

Hm...does anything speak against Arthur Weasley? Sure, he was never shown as a leader, but he seems to be an awsome wizard, just not to convinced to raise his position at work. I can at least imgaine him as a leader figure in the Order.

I don't want to live in a world
where the strong rules and the weak cower.
Harry Dresden.
Old July 24th, 2006, 3:40 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFal
Any start is a good start. Now if a certain wealthy, recently "of age" adult wizard were to set up "The Remus Lupin Lycanthropy Free Clinic" to provide Wolfsbane at a free or drastically reduced cost at St. Mungo's...increased supporters for the "good side," additional reason for Order members to give the position of head to Remus as a show of good faith to those fence-sitting werewolves.
I don't think that the issue is the Wolfsbane Potion. I think that it's that the Werewolf community is shunned by the "normal"(!?!) Wizarding community.

However, putting Severus Snape to work doing Community Service seems like a good idea to me.

That said, I think that it's Harry who is leader of the Order. They'll look to the Chosen One for direction.

That doesn't mean that he'll micromanage.

Happy Holidays to All!

Happy Christmas!
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:38 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicMongol
Actually, being the new headmistress makes it less likely that she will lead the Order, since it means she'll have less time to devote to Order business.

As far as we know, McGonagall has only been in the Order since OotP. She is not pointed out in Moody's picture of the original Order, unlike everyone else we know, so she probably is one of the less experienced (as an Order member: 2 of the "less experienced" ones are Aurors who simply weren't in the Order). The original Order, as far as we know, consisted of Dumbledore, Aberforth, the Potters, the Longbottoms, Edgar Bones, Marlene McKinnon, Benjy Fenwick, Elphias Dodge, Hagrid, Moody, Dedalus Diggle, Emeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Caradoc Dearborn, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, Dorcas Meadowes, Sirius, Lupin, and Wormtail. There is no mention of McGonagall when Moody shows Harry the photo. Yes, she's always been loyal to Dumbledore, but like with Slughorn and the Weasleys, that doesn't mean she was in the Order. And anyway, she doesn't seem to be a seinor Order member. She's only at 2 meetings. I honestly can't see her taking over leadership of the Order.

Quote:
Originally posted by Igo Relta:
I don't think that the issue is the Wolfsbane Potion. I think that it's that the Werewolf community is shunned by the "normal"(!?!) Wizarding community.
Exactly. Though apparent lack of access to Wolfsbane is probably contributing to that.

Old July 27th, 2006, 12:09 am
Second Year

This is a huge toss-up question. It could honestly be anyone person that has been mentioned so far. JK has left no clues as to who it could possibly be. With all that in mine I will have to say...after careful thought the only reasonable person would have to be Lupin. I would have said Mcgonagal, considering the fact that she is now in charge of Hogwarts, but I dont remember much about her fighting in the Order. It seems for logical to place Lupin in charge. But we must wait to see...

Old July 27th, 2006, 12:20 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg
Very true.

I think it will be Lupin and McGonagall and Moody taking a sort of joint leadership. I don't think that any of them are strong enough to take it on on their own (especially McGonagall if she's the new Headmistress of Hogwarts), and I think they could all manage their special talents. McGonagall could do general stuff, Moody could control the searches for individual Death Eaters, and Lupin could help with recruiting and spying and things like that.

Old July 27th, 2006, 12:32 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste_Of_A_Bomb
I think it will be Lupin and McGonagall and Moody taking a sort of joint leadership. I don't think that any of them are strong enough to take it on on their own (especially McGonagall if she's the new Headmistress of Hogwarts), and I think they could all manage their special talents. McGonagall could do general stuff, Moody could control the searches for individual Death Eaters, and Lupin could help with recruiting and spying and things like that.[/center]
I agree. Unfortunatly, no one in the order seems to be up to the task as Dumbledore was, but that is a pretty big wand to hold. The tricky thing with Lupin attempting to get the werewolves on his side and Fenrir not only bit childeren but then took them and raised them away from wizards and taught them mistrust. Besides the prejudice of the wizarding community, getting past years of brainwashing in it self is tough.

Old July 27th, 2006, 12:36 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg
Quote:
Originally posted by Igo Relta:
Exactly. Though apparent lack of access to Wolfsbane is probably contributing to that.
Thanks, Peg, for getting my meaning, although I have no delusions that JK would take this avenue for putting Remus Lupin in charge of The Order.

Old July 27th, 2006, 2:32 am
First Year

Maybe Lupin, hes pretty cool. But if harry tells the order about all the info he has, maybe it will be Harry. Just a guess.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies