Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

The best possible ending?

Old January 10th, 2005, 10:32 am
First Year

Well I think the predictable endings at this point would be either:

A) Dumbledore dying and Harry killing Voltemort without his help.
B) Neville being the boy of Prophecy.

And I would think either of them would be good.
But honestly why would Voltemort killing Harry be a good ending?

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:38 pm
Third Year

Ny ideal outcome? Harry defeats Voldemort-but there have been many deaths along the way. Percy dies at the wand of Lucius Malfoy. Tonks dies at the wand of Bellatrix Lestrange.
Neville is sucessful in avenging the death of his parents-he kills Belatrix and Rudolphus Lestrange.
No-one gets together!!! Harry, Ron and Hermione remain best friends in my ideal ending..No love affairs!~why ruin wonderful friendships?
McGonagall takes a chill pill (I love her just the same) and Snaoe learns that Harry is not his father..no matter how much he may look like him. The grudge is then forgotten.
I just hope no matter how it all ends, that JK keeps us on the edge of our seats.

Old January 10th, 2005, 5:19 pm
Second Year

I donít see how Neville could be the boy the Prophesy was talking about, if it was Harry would go insane the instant he touched it. It would be a terrible ending anyway to learn that the boy you had been following for 7 books was really of no importance.

Eggplant

Old January 10th, 2005, 8:24 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
I donít see how Neville could be the boy the Prophesy was talking about, if it was Harry would go insane the instant he touched it. It would be a terrible ending anyway to learn that the boy you had been following for 7 books was really of no importance.

Eggplant
Look it wouldn't mean at all he had no importance.
It would just be a twist that changed your perspective on things.

J.K. Rowling in a recent interview asked you to "very carefully consider why neither Harry or Voldemort died" when the prophecy stated that one of them had to. Why would she say that? Think about it.

Old January 10th, 2005, 9:00 pm
First Year

what if voldemort kills harry but then turns good, so that in a way harry really defeated him? fter all, voldemort has harry's blood right? and harry has love in hi blood. voldemort will have his darth vader moment in the end!!! and that would be the best ending.

Old January 10th, 2005, 9:50 pm
Second Year

This is something that has just crossed my mind. And I apologize if it has been said before.

Now that I think about it, I find that Harry being called "The boy who lived" isn't a very promising nickname.

Since, it is in the past tense I gives me the feeling that Harry is already dead, that he was never truly alive at all. I hope you all can understand what I am saying, because I am starting to confuse myself a bit. Then I consider the prophecy, and I get the sense that both Harry and Voldemort must die or both live together. I don't know why, but I always imagined that Voldemort transfered a portion of himself into little baby Harry. And at the end of book four, Harry (though not willing) transfered a portion of himself into Voldemort.

So, in a sense, if Harry was to kill Voldemort, he wouldn't be completely gone, a small portion of Voldie would exist in Harry, and vice versa. This leads me to think that in order to truly defeat/vanquish/end Voldemorts evil Harry would have to die as well. In the same way, if Voldemort was to truly kill Harry, he would have to destroy himself as well.

I see Harry realizing this fact first, and doing what he must to defeat Voldemort.

So, yes, I must agree with the others that I think Harry's death would be the best (and most likely) ending. And I don't see it as negating what his parents did for him. They died so that he may live, and so he dies so that others may live. I see it as Harry continuing has parents heroic legacy, not negating it.

But that's just my two scents.

Old January 10th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Fifth Year

It would be an effective ending to kill Harry off but I would like to see him suvive

Old January 11th, 2005, 2:43 am
Second Year

Personally, I think as DD said, there are worse things than death. Look at the Longbottoms. I don't want Harry to die, but I'd rather him die defeating Voldemort than to live in a horrible state for many years after the fight.

In my "ideal" world, poor Ron will sadly but nobly die, along with most of the Weasley family, save Fred and George, who were hiding in the basement protecting their merchandise. Ginny is the last to die, and poor Harry is left alone with Hermione. In their sadness, they unite, and they have two children, whom they name Ron and Ginny. Neville gets Bella and his parents finally are able to pass on in peace.
OR
They all live, Hermione and Ron get together, Harry and Ginny get together, and they all are one big, happy, Weasley family.
OR
They all die, save Neville and Ginny.

I do think it would be awfully sad to have created such a tragic character as Harry Potter, with such a sad and violent life, to only kill him in the end, or to kill all the people he loves and leave him in pain. He is an orphan though, so maybe he'd be the perfect tragic character to sacrifice for the sake of peace. But, I know JKR is much more creative than I am, so I'm sure I'll be satisfied with whatever she intends.

Old January 11th, 2005, 3:13 am
Second Year

Best possible ending? One that JKR comes up with.
I really don't know, we haven't seen that happens yet, so it's hard to tell. It will be awesome though.

Old January 17th, 2005, 6:43 pm
First Year

well for me it doesnt matter who dies as long as all the misteries are solved and there r no open questions

Old January 18th, 2005, 10:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
So, in a sense, if Harry was to kill Voldemort, he wouldn't be completely gone, a small portion of Voldie would exist in Harry, and vice versa. This leads me to think that in order to truly defeat/vanquish/end Voldemorts evil Harry would have to die as well. In the same way, if Voldemort was to truly kill Harry, he would have to destroy himself as well.
I agree with your reasoning, but I do not remember when Harry transfered some of himself in book 4. Anyway, I belive that Voldemort will die after his seventh defeat. I say seven beacause:

Book one: Harry gets saved by his parents, Harry kills Quirel "The man with two faces"
Book 2: Appears as his 16 year old self and Harry kills the diary
Book 4: the graeyard and the wand were Cedric meets his death
Book 5: The prophecies and the MOM

Though the wind shall blow, he will always be inside of us. Albus Dumbledore, Greatest Wizard
Old January 20th, 2005, 6:01 am
Third Year

hey wonderful thread! If you would like some practice endings go to contests on mugglenet.com and look for the month that has series endings. The ones that won are pretty cool.

For me, I couldn't imagine what the best ending would be but I would like to see Harry, Ron, Hermoine, Ginny, the Twins and Lupin alive!!!!!!!!! If Jo bumps off one of these I am going to bawl my eyes out. I guess I would like to see Harry happy and able to live a normal life.

Now I REALLY want to see Bellatrix and Wormtail bite the dust. I don't care how but they are in serious need of doing away with. They can join Voldemort in pushing up daisies heheheh. Lucius needs to live so that he can be justly punished (maybe he can help the house elves at Hogwarts )

I don't mind what Jo comes up with and I'm sure it will be great, it's just the waiting that is hard!

And now we catch a glimpse of that elusive animal, the Ditch Penguin. Possessing of a gosh awful smell from frolicking in the putrid water, Ditch Penguins do not take kindly to any mention of their pungency or slams about their mother, as seen here.

Proud member of the Cod squad, Big Squishy Hugs for Lupin society, Lupin's Defenders Association, The order of St. Biclarvet, and a W.O.L.F. THERE WILL BE NO DEATH BY POKING!
Beauxbatons Champion in Dissendium's TriWizard Tournament
Old February 13th, 2005, 8:55 pm
Third Year

I think that all of the bad people (i.e. Umbridge, Bellatrix, Malfoys....) come in for a final fight with all of the good guys (i.e. Lupin, Sirius, Tonks....). That would be very entertaining to read/watch. Also, maybe (I'm not hopeing, exactly) maybe the good guys will be killed off one-by-one.

Old February 13th, 2005, 8:58 pm
Third Year

The best ending would surely be Harry killing Voldemort and becoming Auror, while no close friend dies, but I am sure all the same that such a happy ending is hardly possible...

Old February 13th, 2005, 9:12 pm
Fourth Year

The best possible ending would be for Harry to defeat Voldemort, settle down, get married to - (insert your shipping beliefs), and raise a family of his own... the family he never had.

Old February 13th, 2005, 10:07 pm
Fourth Year

I'm sure however JKR writes it will be the best possible ending. I could say what I would think it would be, but then the book will come out and I will think man the way I wanted it to end is horrible compared to this!
The only thing that I want to happen is for Harry to be happy. He has had so many bad things happend to him that he deserves some happiness without worries.

Old February 13th, 2005, 11:05 pm
Third Year

Because Harry doesn't want to be murderer, but wants to save civilization from an eternity of Lord Voldemort, I want some way where both Harry and Voldemort dies, but Voldemort is destroyed and Harry returns as a 1 year old November 1st, with his family, Sirius and all his friends alive and well and gets to live life over happily as a normal boy growing up with Ron and Hermione as his best friends.

Old February 14th, 2005, 3:58 am
Third Year

any ending that i havent already read on cos forums

Yes, i enjoy being an insufferable know it all
Old February 14th, 2005, 4:01 am
Sixth Year

I have a feeling JKR is really going to surprise all her fans with the ending. Whatever it is I agree with the other posters, I hope Harry is happy at the end. Even if it means he will be with his parents and Sirius.

Old February 14th, 2005, 4:05 am
Second Year

I think that the best possible ennding would be for Harry to save Ron and Hermione from Voldemort in the final battle. And then Harry hooks up with Hermione. That would be alright but i'm sure what ever JK comes up with will top that 100 nothing......After all she is the genius behind writing. lol

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies