Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Old November 21st, 2010, 7:42 pm
Third Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Hopes & Aspirations

Quote:
Originally Posted by messrsmoony View Post
:O How?
Empire magazine described it as a "Voldemort tsunami".

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2010, 7:44 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne View Post
Empire magazine described it as a "Voldemort tsunami".
Oh yeah, I know that. I was just wondering how it would affect Hermione. The locket played on Ron's insecurities, how would the cup work? Surely it would affect her emotionally too?

Old November 21st, 2010, 8:35 pm
First Year

Not neccesarily - the diary horcrux didn't affect Harry emotionally when he destroyed it.

...but GRYFFINDOR on Pottermore
Wand: Vine and Unicorn core, 12 1/4 inches, hard

If you want to add me on Pottermore, just send me an Owl
Old November 21st, 2010, 8:48 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix903 View Post
Not neccesarily - the diary horcrux didn't affect Harry emotionally when he destroyed it.
Yes, good point.

Old November 21st, 2010, 8:51 pm
Second Year

I'm hoping that they'll show a longer version of SWM in the Prince's Tale.

I also hope that they'll get around to explaining the mirror! I watched Part 1 with friends, some of whom have never read the seventh book. I asked them what they thought of the mirror and they said something like "I don't know, he's just looking in to a piece of mirror". I think it has to be explained at some point.

Proud supporter of: HWRKDJCKQ. I have yet to figure out what that means.
Old November 21st, 2010, 9:04 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix903 View Post

yes, harry wasn't affected emotionally as he destroyed the diary.

but

the riddle that came out of the diary horcrux did have an effect on harry to a certain point. what i mean is that harry still interacted with a piece of voldemorts soul, whether it affected him or not.

as an audience member, i would expect to see the cup horcrux have an effect on hermione too - especially if this then leads to the hermione/ron kiss in the chamber of secrets.
i would imagine that hermione's worst fears at that particular moment would be the worry for her friends and family, so maybe the horcrux will show various frinds of her dying? (a bit like mrs weasley's boggart)
perhaps the sight of a 'dead ron' will channel her anger and despair to destroy the cup, and ron, who would have witnessed everything would realise the depth of hermione's feelings for him.

judging by the 'voldemort tsunami' comment and the video of emma and rupert soaking wet during the 'kiss' scene, i would think that the horcrux would cover them in water - maybe in an attempt to drown her in order to stop her from destroying it?

just a thought...

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:20 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBlack101 View Post
As for Voldemort punishing the Malfoys, I don't know if we'll see it at all, since none of them ever actually pressed their dark marks to call him. I doubt they would have done so afterwords either, though that isn't to say he won't find out about it and be furious. However, we do know we'll see Voldemort going crazy after Harry escapes once more from Gringotts!
How do we know this? I've missed this bit of info.

I was disappointed that LV didn't show up at punish everyone at Malfoy Manor, so if we get it in part 2, I'll be happy!

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:24 pm
First Year

so is Hogwarts going to be in part 2 of the Deathly Hallows

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryprincess View Post
so is Hogwarts going to be in part 2 of the Deathly Hallows
Other than the first bits of the movie, it will play a huge role in the rest of the movie. Have you not read the book yet?

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:32 pm
First Year

Yes off course sorry silly question I asked.

Old November 21st, 2010, 9:33 pm
Second Year

i really hope the final showdown between LV and Harry will be a bit longer than the one in the book because i was a bit disappointed by that

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:17 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo123 View Post
i really hope the final showdown between LV and Harry will be a bit longer than the one in the book because i was a bit disappointed by that
It has been said that it will be quite longer than the book's battle, and it will go in different places of the castle. Final confrontation may not be in the Great Hall.

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:19 pm
Third Year

I like the idea of the opening of Part 2 being a the Potter's death sequence. Great idea. Brings the story full circle.

While I loved the ending of Part 1 and thought it was a great cliffhanger, I do think it could have been made better if after Voldemort is shown with the wand, the scene suddenly shifted to a close up of Harry, giving a look of pure terror and then saying, "He's got the elder wand."
The end.
I think they suggested something like this on Mugglecast.

About the epilogue...I have a full vision of what I want to see:

At King's Cross, the Hogwarts express is there. 3 children, looking very much like a young Harry, Ron, and Hermione, are shown playing around. We realize that it is really Albus Severus, Hugo, and Rose. More children come into the scene (James picking on Albus, Lily running around...A blonde kid looking very much like Draco).
Then we hear someone say, "Teddy, help me with my luggage." Teddy Lupin, standing next to a man we can't see, turns around and flirtatiously smiles at Victorie and walks off, carrying her trunk onto the train.
Albus come running back to 3 adults, asking, "Why is everyone staring at us?" And then older Ron is finally revealed, smirking saying, "Well, I'm kind of famous." Then older Hermione comes to Ron's side, lovingly rolling her eyes at him says, "Don't pay your uncle any mind. He's mental." Albus walks off, approaching another adult who is finally shown--Harry, right as he is sharing a brief 'hello' nod with Draco Malfoy. He looks up at his dad, telling him to lean over, an urgent look on his face, and he goes, "Dad, James said I'll end up in Slytherin." Harry smiles, and says, "One of the bravest men I knew was a Slytherin. But you want to know a secret? You can choose which house you want. The sorting hat will listen." He ruffles Albus' hair just as Ginny comes to their side, "Hurry, Albus. The train is leaving soon. Give mom a kiss." He hurriedly kisses Ginny on the cheek and runs off. She screams after him, "Tell Professor Longbottom we said hello!"

Lily comes running up to Harry and Ginny, upset. "Why can't I go?!" Harry picks her up and says, "Next year, Lily. You're still too young. Besides, your God-mom Luna is coming to visit. I know you don't want to miss nargle hunting." Lily smiles. Ginny wraps an arm around Harry while staring off at the Hogwarts train.
Ron and Hermione are shown kissing Rose and Hugo goodbye, and then they come to stand next to Harry, Ginny, and Lily, waving at the kids on the train. Teddy is shown standing right at the train, playfully shoving James as he hurries on the train, showing their brotherly relationship.

The camera zooms in, just showing the trio. Hushed whipsers of others standing around can be heard.

Then the camera zooms in on just Harry. Lightening bolt scare clearly in view, content expression on his face. And then we hear a fascinated child's voice whipser, "That's Harry Potter! The boy who lived!"
Screen goes black. Hedwig's theme starts. Roll credits (while showing pictures of of various moments from all 8 films).

Yes, I've thought about this a lot. LOL!

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:25 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
It has been said that it will be quite longer than the book's battle, and it will go in different places of the castle. Final confrontation may not be in the Great Hall.
awesome

Old November 21st, 2010, 10:59 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
awesome
Yeah, apparently Voldemort is going to start beating up Harry, which can look either really ridiculous and stupid or really wonderful depending on how they do it, in my opinion.

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:08 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
Yeah, apparently Voldemort is going to start beating up Harry, which can look either really ridiculous and stupid or really wonderful depending on how they do it, in my opinion.
are you serious?

Old November 21st, 2010, 11:47 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
are you serious?
Yup.

Quote:
Q: Daniel, what was the hardest scene for you?
Daniel: To be honest, a lot of scenes I've completely forgotten about because you film something for 18 months, and if there's something in the trailer from the 1st month of filming, it's like, "Oh my God. I'd totally forgotten about the scene." I suppose getting beaten up by Ralph Fiennes [who plays Voldemort] in the 2nd part was physically quite demanding. What I love about that scene is that it's the moment that I've been wanting to happen for years. I've always wanted a moment when the magic is not enough and he just tries to kill Harry physically by beating him up. So that was a challenging scene, but I mean, there was a lot of physically challenging stuff in the film, but I love that. I love running up and down and falling over and getting hit around. I love all that.
Source: http://blog.scholastic.com/ink_splot...y-hallows.html

Proud Ravenclaw!

*No idea who made my avatar, but credit goes to whoever out there on the internet made it!
Old November 21st, 2010, 11:54 pm
Third Year

Another thing I really hope is in there is some "intimate" moments between Ron and Hermione alone. They've gotten some cute moments, but it seems like Harry is always there.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:00 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasley9 View Post
Quite agree. Post-GOF or OotP, I would've hated the idea. But I quite liked Voldemort in Deathly Hallows, and after hearing the speech Fiennes delivers to Hogwarts, I think he knows what he's doing know.

And I like the concept: that even though they have their wands, they are still human and resort to human impulses to lash out punching.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:18 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
Another thing I really hope is in there is some "intimate" moments between Ron and Hermione alone. They've gotten some cute moments, but it seems like Harry is always there.
Ron and Hermione will be in the Chamber of Secrets alone, and that is where their kiss will be. There may be a lot of moments like that there.

Also the picture in my signature suggests they might fight part of the battle away from Harry. They are holding hands, and Hermione might be pulling Ron away from the Death Eaters. This suggests that it is after his brother's death.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References