Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Old April 20th, 2009, 2:36 am
Second Year

Re: Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunXia View Post
Yeah, especially with Rukia, he'd obviously realised that her new status as member of a Noble Clan, arguably the most powerful clan in the Seireitei, caused her to seclude herself and distance herself from her friends from the Rukongai. Both he and Kaien reached out to her but then, that's just Ukitake's way.
I'm not so far in the anime or manga, but I've read that Toshiro has some kind of special relationship with Ukitake just because they both are Shiro-chan

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 3:19 am
Third Year

Oh that's not really present in the Anime or Manga as a whole, just the Omake chapters at the end of the episodes, which I don't like because i prefer Ukitake to be serious and such. He doesn't get playful or anything later on in the Manga in his latest battle so why in the Omake?

Old May 9th, 2009, 4:38 pm
First Year

Finally the latest chapters of Bleach are getting interesting, new skills and progress with the story and characters!

Flight of the spirit, Time flows with the wind
Old May 9th, 2009, 9:38 pm
Third Year

I know!! I've heard of people getting cynical about Hitsugaya surviving but I like the idea of him improving, after all, he is still really young and has such potential to grow through experience. I mean, we seen him attempting to train harder throughout the Arrancar Arc, and since its known that he proceeded to Captaincy the fastest there's no reason he still can't be growing since he is still a child! I love it!

Can't believe Kyoraku has a cut on his head though but he's tring desperately to keep that damn hat on his head, if he takes off that pink Haori we know he'll get serious! And Soifon hasn't even been using Shunko for reasons beyond me, perhaps she's saving it or just reluctant to use it because its such a dangerous technique as hinted at by Yoruichi.

Old May 29th, 2009, 3:00 am
First Year

I really like this series, but it's the only anime I watch. I would really like to read the manga, but I haven't got the chance yet I'm a member of Club Bleach [check it out if you like Bleach, it's cool. Mah name is SandyKinns there too.] where there is a decent amount of discussion and stuff going on for those of you who really like it. I am especially fond of Orihime and I also like Yachiru Kusajishi. She's a cutie and she is funny.

Loyal SlythClaw

Old August 10th, 2009, 1:27 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyKinns View Post
I really like this series, but it's the only anime I watch. I would really like to read the manga, but I haven't got the chance yet I'm a member of Club Bleach [check it out if you like Bleach, it's cool. Mah name is SandyKinns there too.] where there is a decent amount of discussion and stuff going on for those of you who really like it. I am especially fond of Orihime and I also like Yachiru Kusajishi. She's a cutie and she is funny.
I got into the series via the anime also SandyKinns. I only just started seriously reading the manga a few months ago. Both of the incarnations of the series are amazing imo (but in manga you can avoid filler arcs ). I like them both. And yes Yachiru is quite a cutie however I'm not so fond of Orihime...

I hope you find a chance to start on the manga, you'll enjoy it!

Old August 22nd, 2009, 8:19 pm
Third Year

Wow!! Hachi rules!! And he's shocked by Soifon's power!!

I love how Barragan was so overpowered that only he could take himself down!!

Old October 25th, 2009, 10:03 pm
First Year

Definetely one of my favorites...
The storyline is just great! and the current series, about the Zanpaktous' mutiny is so exciting, having to wait a week before the next episode is so hard, I can't wait to meet the ones remaining... especially Urahara's

Here is a little explanation which I find very clear:
Zanpakutou ("Soul Slayer"): Used by shinigami to kill hollows. It washes away sins committed by the soul after it became a hollow so that it can enter Soul Society through a "soul burial." All zanpakutou have two possible stages of release. The first is called shikai (initial release) and The second is called bankai. The training from shikai to bankai usually exceeds 10 years, even for talented shinigami. After achieving bankai, at least 10 additional years of training are required to completely master the zanpakutou. The lower class shinigami that do not gain entrance into the Gotei 13 carry nameless zanpakutou called "asauchi"

Has anyone seen my wand?
Old November 13th, 2009, 8:35 am
First Year

I cant watch the anime anymore. They've butchered the story too much and they keep adding pointless filler arcs just to make it longer.

Old January 29th, 2010, 6:44 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmonkey View Post
I cant watch the anime anymore. They've butchered the story too much and they keep adding pointless filler arcs just to make it longer.
I still watch the anime even though I agree with you.

The reason they're adding so many arcs and filler though is because they keep catching up to the manga and have to slow down. So instead of just starting the anime over from the beginning to give the manga more time to get ahead, they just add side stories and filler episodes that have nothing to do with the story.

The bount saga was a nice little side story, but you knew everyone "important" would live. There was no worry or suspense at any point because the main characters could not die. Not to mention parts of it making no sense, like Ichigo not being able to use his bankai for whatever reason.

I'm very much enjoying the manga right now though, I just hate waiting each week for the next part to come out in Shounen jump

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"
Proud to be a Ravenclaw

My wand: Holly, Unicorn hair, 10 and a half inches, springy.
Old March 31st, 2010, 7:20 am
Representative Homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmonkey View Post
I'm too obsessed so I am going to continue watching, but I kind of agree with you. I am so over the current zanpakuto filler arc. I understand why they put them in there in the first place, because the manga just isn't being written fast enough for their broadcast schedule, but I wish they would get on with it lol. It feels like they're going to be done with the zanpakuto arc soon though. They really are exhausting the stories they can make with it while still keeping an audience.

Thank goodness for the manga though! I'm really excited to see what happens next. It feels like the end is near. O_O

Old July 13th, 2010, 10:30 pm

The anime has been back on track for the last 14 weeks, starting with the epic seven-part battle between Ulquiorra and Ichigo.

The manga is also developing really interestingly at the moment. Any Bleach fans still out there?

Old July 14th, 2010, 4:04 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaban43 View Post
The manga is also developing really interestingly at the moment. Any Bleach fans still out there?
I haven't got a chance to watch the anime right now but I do read the manga. I sometimes get bored because I definitely want it to be over, specially because all my favorite characters haven't been around.
It's all in Ichigo's hands now and to learn the Final Getsuga Tenshou to finish Aizen.

Old September 5th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzi View Post
It's all in Ichigo's hands now and to learn the Final Getsuga Tenshou to finish Aizen.
I'm getting frustrated because the manga is going on and on without anything enlightening happening lol. I appreciate the feeling of wanting it to be over, but I'd rather have 100 new chapters to read lol. I mean, when are we going to see him evolving to his final form? It just skipped over all of that, lol.

Old September 6th, 2010, 1:20 am
Second Year

I'm getting tired of the deicides -_-

Old September 6th, 2010, 3:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by merzi View Post
I'm getting tired of the deicides -_-
I know, right? Make the stupid decision already! lol

Old September 6th, 2010, 3:31 am
Second Year

Quote:
I know, right? Make the stupid decision already! lol

Yes! That would be nice!

Old October 6th, 2010, 1:00 pm

Spoiler: show
ARGH! With 423, the arancar arc will finally be over, with Ichigo having no more powers. How sad, and then there's going to be a two-week hiatus on Bleach. No one knows what's in store, whether it will be another arc with Ichigo or one with his father. I hope he gets his powers back. Bleach just wouldn't be the same without Ichigo.

Old October 8th, 2010, 7:17 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Spoiler: show
I hope he gets his powers back. Bleach just wouldn't be the same without Ichigo.
It makes me think ... so maybe no more shinigami powers. What about the hollow powers?

Old October 9th, 2010, 3:07 am
Fifth Year

Maybe for now Ichigo won't have either. The ending of Aizen arc is kinda ended with a whimper for me. I actually liked Grimmjow vs. Ichigo more than Aizen vs Ichigo. Although, Ichigo's form is more badass against Aizen

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime