Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Old June 8th, 2007, 8:03 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianGirl View Post
Spoiler: show
Looks like Grimmjaw and Ulquiorra will face each other in the upcoming chapters. We might even see a three-way battle if Ichigo's wounds can be heal by Orihime. It's interesing though, how Orihime can't reject Ichigo's wounds...so it seems like her powers has restriction after all. I'm glad that it has after what she did with one of two Arrancar.
I'm so glad that chapter was good... at least it looks like things are finally picking up At first I was surprised, but I guess it makes sense that she can't reject a reiatsu as high as Ulquiorra's. I can't help thinking that Grimmjow's gonna get his *** kicked by him, but then again, if he teams up with Ichigo to eliminate a common enemy...

The manga is getting good again. You guys don't know what you're missing...

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2007, 4:43 am
Fourth Year

I know what you're missing... a punch to the face if you get me to read the manga.... =D

anime sucks right now... soooooo boring... all the characters are bland... i mean they even tried to go with sex sells last episode... i mean... SHES DRAWN!... fhsfbsdfjhdbsfsdn

Old June 12th, 2007, 7:25 am
Seventh Year

Doesn't mean she's not hot.
Only problem was the episode wasn't good...

Old June 13th, 2007, 3:56 am
Fourth Year

yes it does

anyways the anime is going downhill... rapidly... all of us NON manga readers... post up some theories for what you think should happen in the next couple episodes to peak interest back up

i personally think all of the useless characters should be killed off, and the shinigami should have to do an amusing dance like goten and trunks back in DBZ to get powerful... because the old "We must keep fighting each other and we will be on par with the arrancar" is really stupid and old...

Old June 13th, 2007, 6:44 am
Seventh Year

Agreed...Its getting pretty old. If they came up with interesting training techniques, it'd be a different matter but it doesn't look like thats happening.

Old June 13th, 2007, 2:14 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDJ View Post
Doesn't mean she's not hot.
Only problem was the episode wasn't good...
I actually liked the last episode (it's the episode before it that was "meh" for me). I found it interesting since it centered around those particular four (yay, Matsumoto!). I have no idea what this week's episode is about. I still don't have net access at home. Anyway, I've always been a fan of her, so that's more than likely why I liked the episode since she was the central character for that one. The thing with that spirit (I forgot the boy's name right off) is interesting too since there's more to him than what's being led on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
i personally think all of the useless characters should be killed off
Now this I disagree with. This aspect annoyed me about DBZ a lot. Instead of finding something to do with the other characters (especially the ones who fought or were in Dragon Ball), they were pretty much rendered useless and support characters. Then again, that just made me like the "underdogs" more so since they weren't given much of a role for Z.

Anywho, I don't feel that they should kill out useless characters. As it's been pointed out, every character has a role, whether big or small. It's just like the Harry Potter series. Even if some characters were "useless" later on, they still helped the plot in some way, whether it was directly connected to the series' main plot, or one of the subplots. IMO, there's no such thing as a "useless" character and it really isn't fair to those who may be fans of these characters.
Quote:
and the shinigami should have to do an amusing dance like goten and trunks back in DBZ to get powerful... because the old "We must keep fighting each other and we will be on par with the arrancar" is really stupid and old...
There really isn't anything that can be done that hasn't been done with some other series already without it feeling like it's being copied. IMO, the fact that they're having the Shinigami "train" like your average person, just shows that they have vulnerabilities, and aren't all powerful, high, or mighty and that they'll always have room for improvement, especially where Hitsugaya is concerned.

I can see this as a pro and a con. The pro is for the reason I mentioned above. The con, is the fact that we have to suffer through training episodes (which I've always found boring regardless of whatever series I'm watching, unless it's very brief [eps like the ones where Naruto was training with Jiraiya bored me]) where they do pretty much the same old typical thing and using the same old training techniques/philosophy (If we fight more, we'll gain more strength and learn more about our enemy!)

Seriously, though, what other ways could they train without it being tired and old? It's like the movie industry now-a-days. What film hasn't been done in some way or form? Most of what's out seems to be either a sequel or a remake. Most everything that one could imagine, has more than likely been done, so it's difficult to come up with something original.

Anywho, I found Ishida's training exercise quite interesting, since, to me, it was somewhat new. I still wish that they'd go back to his character. I'm curious as to what he's going to do next, now that he has his Quincy powers back. I'm wondering if he's going to defy his father (which wouldn't surprise me) and help out Ichigo and Chad to help out with Orihime later on down the line. Speaking of that, for the manga readers, what exactly is Ishida's role in that "Orihime Rescue Mission" or whatever...

Old June 13th, 2007, 4:03 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
I actually liked the last episode (it's the episode before it that was "meh" for me). I found it interesting since it centered around those particular four (yay, Matsumoto!). I have no idea what this week's episode is about. I still don't have net access at home. Anyway, I've always been a fan of her, so that's more than likely why I liked the episode since she was the central character for that one. The thing with that spirit (I forgot the boy's name right off) is interesting too since there's more to him than what's being led on.

Now this I disagree with. This aspect annoyed me about DBZ a lot. Instead of finding something to do with the other characters (especially the ones who fought or were in Dragon Ball), they were pretty much rendered useless and support characters. Then again, that just made me like the "underdogs" more so since they weren't given much of a role for Z.

Anywho, I don't feel that they should kill out useless characters. As it's been pointed out, every character has a role, whether big or small. It's just like the Harry Potter series. Even if some characters were "useless" later on, they still helped the plot in some way, whether it was directly connected to the series' main plot, or one of the subplots. IMO, there's no such thing as a "useless" character and it really isn't fair to those who may be fans of these characters.There really isn't anything that can be done that hasn't been done with some other series already without it feeling like it's being copied. IMO, the fact that they're having the Shinigami "train" like your average person, just shows that they have vulnerabilities, and aren't all powerful, high, or mighty and that they'll always have room for improvement, especially where Hitsugaya is concerned.

I can see this as a pro and a con. The pro is for the reason I mentioned above. The con, is the fact that we have to suffer through training episodes (which I've always found boring regardless of whatever series I'm watching, unless it's very brief [eps like the ones where Naruto was training with Jiraiya bored me]) where they do pretty much the same old typical thing and using the same old training techniques/philosophy (If we fight more, we'll gain more strength and learn more about our enemy!)

Seriously, though, what other ways could they train without it being tired and old? It's like the movie industry now-a-days. What film hasn't been done in some way or form? Most of what's out seems to be either a sequel or a remake. Most everything that one could imagine, has more than likely been done, so it's difficult to come up with something original.

Anywho, I found Ishida's training exercise quite interesting, since, to me, it was somewhat new. I still wish that they'd go back to his character. I'm curious as to what he's going to do next, now that he has his Quincy powers back. I'm wondering if he's going to defy his father (which wouldn't surprise me) and help out Ichigo and Chad to help out with Orihime later on down the line. Speaking of that, for the manga readers, what exactly is Ishida's role in that "Orihime Rescue Mission" or whatever...
Well they could actually learn new techniques or abilities. What was cool about the DBZ training in the time room is it actually led to new abilities and fighting styles. And it was really cool when Ichigo was trying to control the hollow, but now the training is just the different characters blandly fighting each other without real direction. Its like the shinigami could be trying to learn how to master their shikais to learn how to achieve bankai or something along those lines, but no...its just pulling a sword out and fighting someone else. Renji I can sort of understand why he's training the way he is, since he still needs to get used to wielding a bankai. I just want to see Matsumoto's bankai....I personally suspect it'll become some giant sand monster like the sandman was in Spiderman 3.

Old June 13th, 2007, 5:48 pm
Sixth Year

Ishida's role in the Orihime rescue mission is
Pretty much the same as everyone else's involved

I'm seriously getting bored with the anime. There was barely any content to this last episode. Even though there will be further story about this particular hollow I doubt it will have any wider reaching impact on the plot of the series. At this point in time I think we know pretty much everything about the arrancar that has been revealed in the manga up to that point... The animation is getting sloppier as each episode airs. It just feels like they're losing steam, and I find that annoying as it's not as if they don't have enough material to work with - it's just a case of bad execution.

On the training topic, what they need is a montage, Team America stylee .

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old June 13th, 2007, 6:00 pm
Fifth Year

I agree the anime is getting quite boring. They had a good start but in my case I lost interest when they had that filler arc and it's never been the same since. Although I try to watch some episodes just to see Ulquiorra

As for the manga:

Looks like a rematch between Ichigo and Grimmjaw. Wonder how Ichigo will fare from this fight. He might need his hollow's help on this. But I can see Ulquiorra breaking from the thing that Grimmjaw locked him in (even though it was supposed to be 2-3 hours) and we might see a three-way

Old June 14th, 2007, 5:04 am
Fourth Year

oh another question... whats up with that stupid kid who stole matsumoto's zanpaktoh (sp?) he annoyed me more than anything that episode

Old June 14th, 2007, 6:27 am
Seventh Year

wow....talk about sucky mcsuckalot. That sucked. Its just a rip off of the matrix reloaded. And I thought whenever a shinigami ran into a spirit they sent them to soul society with the handle of their zanpaktou? Why have they ignored every spirit so far?

Old June 15th, 2007, 4:33 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
oh another question... whats up with that stupid kid who stole matsumoto's zanpaktoh (sp?) he annoyed me more than anything that episode
His name is Shouta, and yeah, the episode is boring because it's a filler episode.

Old June 15th, 2007, 5:50 pm
Third Year

I like this anime and was watching it until they showed all those fillers. They are really boring and does not fit the plot at all...

what other anime to watch? any recommendations?

Old June 15th, 2007, 10:29 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantares View Post
I like this anime and was watching it until they showed all those fillers. They are really boring and does not fit the plot at all...

Cowboy Bebop. No doubt.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantares View Post
Samurai Champloo's awesome as well! It's from the same creator of Cowboy Bebop.

Old June 16th, 2007, 1:50 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianGirl View Post
Samurai Champloo's awesome as well! It's from the same creator of Cowboy Bebop.
Death Note, especially if you haven't started watching it yet.

Old June 16th, 2007, 2:21 am
Fourth Year

i agree with DJ booooooooooooring... some1 send me an owl when bleach goes back to being good... till then i quit

Old June 18th, 2007, 3:13 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Okay, I finally got to see ep 129 of Bleach. I liked it just fine. I like the fact that that Yui girl probably has a lot to do with what's going on and why those goofy Arrancar things keeping attacking.

I don't get why people are having a problem with the show lately. Watching Ichigo or Chad training was getting boring anyway. Obvious I hate episodes of anything focusing around just training, since they bore me immensely.

Old June 18th, 2007, 5:37 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
I don't get why people are having a problem with the show lately. Watching Ichigo or Chad training was getting boring anyway. Obvious I hate episodes of anything focusing around just training, since they bore me immensely.
I have a problem with it because the show has lost the intensity it once had. It used to be the case that I was tearing through episodes three at a time, eager to watch more, but since the episode with Grimmjow fighting Ichigo for the first time the anime has become more and more boring. The manga left ample room for the creators to make the episodes exciting and well made, but they disappointed me on both counts. As I've said before, the animation quality is poor - they often repeat shots and sequences multiple times, and they are now blurring the boundaries between serious and comic to the detriment of the storyline. They are mincing around with the plot at the moment when they could be ploughing ahead into really exciting stuff, but they aren't, and that annoys the heck out of me.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old June 18th, 2007, 6:12 pm
Secret Chocolate Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
I have a problem with it because the show has lost the intensity it once had. It used to be the case that I was tearing through episodes three at a time, eager to watch more, but since the episode with Grimmjow fighting Ichigo for the first time the anime has become more and more boring. The manga left ample room for the creators to make the episodes exciting and well made, but they disappointed me on both counts. As I've said before, the animation quality is poor - they often repeat shots and sequences multiple times, and they are now blurring the boundaries between serious and comic to the detriment of the storyline. They are mincing around with the plot at the moment when they could be ploughing ahead into really exciting stuff, but they aren't, and that annoys the heck out of me.
Remember, you're speaking to a person who doesn't put all that much emphasis on actual animation for a series, so that point is moot (for me) since other aspects are more important to me for a show. To be honest, I hadn't really noticed the change (not enough where you can't tell one character from another); besides, it's common for longer series to have different animation teams so that the former can rest, I suppose. I'd get on the show for its music before its animation, and I'd notice that more so than the animation. As a matter of fact, I feel that the bgm for the most recent eps have been very nice.

As for what's going on currently, as I pointed out, it's not bothering me at all, and I guess that's due to the fact that I can't get through the manga since that bores me (yes, I did try to read it, but just like Naruto and most Shounen series, I can't seem to get into them since it's so action-based).

I like what they're doing now with that Shouta kid and his younger sister, Yui (who, imo, has a lot to do with the attacks going on). It makes an interesting story, imo, and that's all that matters to me. Just as long as the arc isn't forced or extended longer than it needs to be (like the Bounto arc), then I'm fine. I seriously would've enjoyed that Bounto arc more if it had gotten to the point a heck of a lot faster. I hate extended arcs (for filler), I prefer a lot of short arcs so that I won't get bored easily. I hope that the one they're on now is done in this way, but seems that the whole story dealing with Shouta and Yui won't be going on for too much longer since series like these in general are quite predictable.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime