Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Bleach: The Manga and Anime

Old January 28th, 2008, 3:58 am
Fourth Year

Re: Bleach: The Manga and Anime

if you mean to say you watched naruto in english... you are a god amoungst humans.. (would say men but well.. yah )

it would make my ears bleed... although i heard that the bleach dub isn't half bad so i guess it would be okay..

bleach has its rough moments IMO... it seems the writers have serious mood swings... eps are either really good, or total ****... i havnt seen many "meh" episodes

Old March 1st, 2008, 3:49 pm
Fourth Year

.... holy cow! Ulquiorra is only number 4!!!!!!!!! what the heck!!!!!!!!!

:| :| *minds explodes* omg things actually just got soooooo much crazier

Old March 28th, 2008, 10:16 pm
First Year

I really like bleach. The anime is awsome, but i think that the manga is just ok. I always forget, but who plays Ichigo in the anime(i know its weird, but ireally like the wat his voice sounds)

Old March 30th, 2008, 6:24 am
Fourth Year

depends if you mean the japanese or english anime. A simple wikipedia or google search should answer that.

I'd rather not read the manga, because even though the anime will be superior.. knowing whats going to happen will make it lose its appeal

Old April 5th, 2008, 1:03 pm
Sixth Year

*read the manga*

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old April 26th, 2008, 6:39 am
First Year

i agree with Alfonzo. read the manga, its way better. im actually quite disappointed with the last couple anime episodes (especially the latest one).

Old April 26th, 2008, 9:18 pm
Sixth Year

Aye. The anime has never been the same since the bounto arc, I'd argue.

Have you read the latest chapter? Spoiler tags if we're going to discuss it, please.

I'm no superman.
grarpirates
flickr
Old May 4th, 2008, 8:33 pm
Third Year

I've been keeping up with the manga releases. I like it moreso than the anime, but I still watch it on Adult Swim from time to time. Gin kind of freaks me out though. And I must confess that I became an Ishida/Orihime shipper during the Soul Society arc.

Would you kill the spider to save the butterfly?
Old May 6th, 2008, 3:40 pm
First Year

I used to be an avid Bleach manga reader and anime watcher. I stopped watching because the bounto arc did not interest me whatsoever. I continued reading the manga, though, but stopped after Ichigo arrived in Hueco Mundo. Not sure why I stopped reading, actually. Now I'm just too lazy to catch up. :P

Super-duper ultra-mega
Old May 20th, 2008, 5:14 am
First Year

the manga is starting to get awesome! its always been awesome, but things are starting to happen...

Spoiler: show
i cant wait to see them all become vaizards! and i want to know where ichigos dad fits into all of this.

btw, does anyone else think that the teenage gin is way more creepy than the adult gin?

Old May 24th, 2008, 12:06 am
Zonko's Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
.... holy cow! Ulquiorra is only number 4!!!!!!!!! what the heck!!!!!!!!!

:| :| *minds explodes* omg things actually just got soooooo much crazier
I know that's such a shock. To be honest I didn't think he'd be one, I thought 1 would be too important to have come to the human world, but I thought maybe he was number 2. 1 must be made of awesome cause Ulquiorra is pretty awesome himself

Episode 18: Ned is sad to hear CoS is closing

My book blog

Last edited by Lucybird; June 5th, 2008 at 1:30 am.
Old July 9th, 2008, 6:12 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
if you mean to say you watched naruto in english... you are a god amoungst humans.. (would say men but well.. yah )

it would make my ears bleed... although i heard that the bleach dub isn't half bad so i guess it would be okay..

bleach has its rough moments IMO... it seems the writers have serious mood swings... eps are either really good, or total ****... i havnt seen many "meh" episodes
Yeah but since I posted last on this thread, I've moved on to Shippuuden. I have no problem with the english version. The only thing I don't like about the english dub compared to the japanese dub, is that they cut out a lot of the good stuff in editing. Also, they completely changed kakashi's personality. *drools at mention of Kakashi*

Sorry, I'm a Kakashi fangirl!!!

"I just want to be with you; isn't that enough?"
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:10 am
First Year

I really don't like watching dubbed anime... I prefer them japanese with english subtitles... It's just that it's wierd when you get used to one language hearing it in other it's just not right.... In Bleach I especially don't like the english dubbed voices of Urahara and Gin Ichimaru, they don't fit at all with the japanese voices of those characters.

As for Bleach right now I'm only reading the manga because I didn't like the way they started this new arc with the new captian and the princess that the living world... It simply doesn't fit with the story, so I'm still wondering if anime and manga are going to have different endings due to the new arc.

I mean that in the manga Ichigo & Co. are all trapped Hueco Mundo still trying to save Orihime while Aizen & Co. are going to destroy Karakura Town. Meanwhile in the anime, Ichigo is a sort of bodyguard of this strange princess in the living world, they already saved Orihime and it looked to me like they had forgotten that Aizen plans to destroy Karalura town to make the key to kill the royal family of Soul Society and rule over all of them.... The anime has simply turned away too much from the original plot

By the way the "Turn Back the Pendulum" chapters in the manga were simply great... I loved reading the past of all those characters... I sepecially loved the part when young Byakuya appear It was so kawaii! specially when Yoruichi was teasing him, I just laughed in that part

Last edited by crazy4harry23; August 14th, 2008 at 12:14 am.
Old August 15th, 2008, 7:31 am
First Year

crazy4harry23, i completely agree with you!

especially about little byakuya! i love that he calls yoruichi 'cat monster'! im also really disappointed with how they ended the last arc, with ichigo and orihime holding hands and looking out over hueco mundo. that was extremely lame, and ive stopped watching the current arc b/c its just too horrible!

Old January 7th, 2009, 1:53 pm
Fifth Year

Well Bleach hasnt been discussed for long here. I try to follow both the anime and Manga as the two are worlds apart.
So in the Anime 201 seems like Kenpachi the beast is in trouble, but where is Nell. The Manga i never expected that guy to be one I thot he was two and the old guy was one. And now Ichigo is fighting again, He has gotten stronger

Power: A Collection An attempt at one shot fics. Latest Chapter The Trap

Get the daily news on the The Daily Prophet or read past articles in the Daily Prophet Archives

Old March 2nd, 2009, 4:06 am
Third Year

I love Bleach, the story is so unique it absolutely blew my mind!!

So, Ichigo's having his backside handed to him and Stark is Primera Espada, a perfect match for Kyouraku!! Can't wait to see what the Vizards do.

Old April 13th, 2009, 4:09 am
Second Year

I love BLEACH!
I started watching it on Animax, but it was just for fun; now I'm really stucked with the whole series and manga (where I'm far away from the recent chapters).
I really enjoy the fighting style, but how in the middle of a serious event something hilarious pops up

I'm watching it in Spanish (my original language), English dub and Japanese with fansubs.
And for the while I'm pretty messed up between episodes as I'm downloading them because I don't watch the fillers.

My favorite relationship is the Yachiru/Ken-chan (in English Kenny).

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Old April 13th, 2009, 4:22 am
Third Year

I love Ukitake's relationships with his subordinates and Ichigo, he's like a father to everyone!! See even the latest dubbed episode for proof!!

Old April 19th, 2009, 5:56 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunXia View Post
I love Ukitake's relationships with his subordinates and Ichigo, he's like a father to everyone!! See even the latest dubbed episode for proof!!

You're right!
Ukitake does behave like a father to all his squad and with Ichigo, but specially with Rukia.

Proud Member of Gryffindor
Old April 20th, 2009, 2:28 am
Third Year

Yeah, especially with Rukia, he'd obviously realised that her new status as member of a Noble Clan, arguably the most powerful clan in the Seireitei, caused her to seclude herself and distance herself from her friends from the Rukongai. Both he and Kaien reached out to her but then, that's just Ukitake's way.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime