Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand

Which characters have portraits?

Old December 9th, 2007, 3:40 am
First Year

Does Voldemort have a portrait?

I have done a search, but couldn't find any reference to this question elsewhere, so sorry in advance if it has been discussed.

Is there a painting of Voldemort in existance, if so where would it be, would the wizarding world know of it, and again if so, would they try to destroy it, or use it if possible?

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2007, 4:06 am
Inconceivable!

Re: A question about Voldemort

I don't believe there has ever been any mention of a painting of Voldemort in the books.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old December 9th, 2007, 4:15 am
First Year

No, I do not recall any mention of one, however ..... There may be one, somewhere, Malfoy Manor? The LeStrange's residence?

Old December 9th, 2007, 6:09 pm
Fourth Year

I can imagine that if there were a painting of Voldemort, Bellatrix would most definitely want it. It would probably hang in her bedroom.
But seriously, can you imagine Voldemort posing for anyone? Cause I can't.

Old December 9th, 2007, 6:19 pm
Sixth Year

Unless someone took a photo of Tom Riddle at Hogwarts, I doubt there's any picture of Voldemort. If he didn't let people say his name, I don't think he sat for a portrait. I'm actually convinced that the only reason why he didn't forbid people to look at him on the face was because he needed eye contact to make Occlumency on them.

Old December 10th, 2007, 1:19 am
First Year

Yeah, no one would make a painting of Voldemort. Even if there were one of Tom Riddle, he wasn't too evil then, and people don't grow older or wiser in paintings.

Old December 12th, 2007, 6:08 pm
First Year

I maybe be wrong because I haven't read the books in a while, but I thought that paintings were created for people of great importance that had passed.. Maybe that was just the headmasters.

I really don't think that Voldemort had a chance to have a portrait painted, even if he wanted to. His evil came on quick and he had "better things to do" than to have his portrait painted.

That would be one heck of a painting to have though!

Old December 12th, 2007, 6:55 pm
The Godfather

Well, with his soul split into seven different parts for the expressed purpose of living forever, I doubt very seriously that Voldemort would think that he'd need to have a painting done, since he wasn't going to die, after all.

Thanks to cybobbie for the awesome sig pic!
Thanks to the best fanclub in the world!

My Fanfics:
A History of Magic: Part II - Beyond the Epilogue
Teddy Lupin and the Legacy of the Marauders ; A History of Magic: The Harry Potter Era (on hiatus); You Are Cordially Invited... (First Attempt)
Old December 13th, 2007, 2:27 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Does Voldemort have a portrait?

Creepy thought...i dont think so ,but it would so be the way to have another potter book...i would love to think yes

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old December 13th, 2007, 2:37 am
Second Year

he probably has a yearbook photo of him somehwere or maybe a lucky or unlucky depending on your view reporter got a shot of him during the attacks...having your portrait done seems more of a Lucius malfoy thing to do

Old December 13th, 2007, 7:46 am
First Year

I don't think Hogwarts had yearbooks, that's a very American thing.

As for the portrait, somehow whenever I think of the possible portrait of deseased characters, I always get a comedy scenario stuck in my head. Imagine a room with portraits of the Marauders, Snape, Dumbledore, and Voldemort. Oh the bickering... and fighting. I wonder how much serious damage portrait inhabitants can do to each other. Probably none, that would be best, then all they could do is try to hurt each other with words, that would be too funny.
Okay yeah, I don't think he has one, because of the fact that he didn't think he'd ever die so he didn't need one. Then on the other hand, Tom Riddle was so obsessed with his own persona, I can just see his state-of-the-art apartment plastered with pictures and portraits of himself.

Johnny Depp
is...

Harry Potter

Old December 13th, 2007, 7:53 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbylikesme View Post
Then on the other hand, Tom Riddle was so obsessed with his own persona, I can just see his state-of-the-art apartment plastered with pictures and portraits of himself.
Was he obsessed with himself in that way? Or did he just think he was superior to others; above others?

I don't think anyone would be allowed to paint the 'almighty Lord Voldemort', personally.

The Potter Mermaid. =]
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:37 pm
Always Indy's Girl

I think he would not have a portrait, because he would never have expected to die. He had all those horcruxes and he most likely thought he would live forever.

But I am thankful he did not have one, because he would have used that to become a Godfather to wannabe Dark Lords!

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old December 13th, 2007, 8:30 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartshaffie View Post
I maybe be wrong because I haven't read the books in a while, but I thought that paintings were created for people of great importance that had passed.. Maybe that was just the headmasters.

I really don't think that Voldemort had a chance to have a portrait painted, even if he wanted to. His evil came on quick and he had "better things to do" than to have his portrait painted.

That would be one heck of a painting to have though!
The books say that only people of great importance have their portraits in important establishments, like the Ministry and St. Mungo's. Sirius's mum had a portrait, and I doubt she did some great good for the wizarding world. I think maybe if Voldemort did have a portrait, it would probably only repeat catchphrases like Mrs. Black.

Quote:

As for the portrait, somehow whenever I think of the possible portrait of deseased characters, I always get a comedy scenario stuck in my head. Imagine a room with portraits of the Marauders, Snape, Dumbledore, and Voldemort. Oh the bickering... and fighting. I wonder how much serious damage portrait inhabitants can do to each other. Probably none, that would be best, then all they could do is try to hurt each other with words, that would be too funny.
Okay yeah, I don't think he has one, because of the fact that he didn't think he'd ever die so he didn't need one. Then on the other hand, Tom Riddle was so obsessed with his own persona, I can just see his state-of-the-art apartment plastered with pictures and portraits of himself.
I think they can hurt each other. One of the headmaster portraits threatened to "persuade" Phineas if he wouldn't cooperate. Other portraits could interact with others.

Old December 13th, 2007, 8:45 pm
do you want fries with that?

I really dont think Voldemort had a painting done of him. Firstly I dont think he would take time to sit and pose. Also who would paint it? I know he had lots of Death Eaters supporting him, but what would they think if he asked them to paint a portrait of him?

The Next Mesut Özil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:42 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfears91 View Post
he probably has a yearbook photo of him somehwere or maybe a lucky or unlucky depending on your view reporter got a shot of him during the attacks...having your portrait done seems more of a Lucius malfoy thing to do
... and considering that he went to school in the 1940's, I think that that makes it even more unlikely.

No, I doubt that the need for a portrait crossed Voldemort's mind as it was so focused on being immortal.

Everyone has a photographic memory ... some, like me, just don't have any film
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Secret Keeper

I'm not sure. I can never see Voldie posing for a painting. He believed that he would live forever, and therefore never need a painting. And besides he had more important things to do. If there was one, i imagine bellatrix would kill everyone who gets in her way of getting it . I wonder if she tried making one, maybe take a picture of him and try to paint it. I can seriously imagine her doing that

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old December 15th, 2007, 2:08 pm
Fifth Year

I honestly don't think there would be a portrait of him anywhere (I mean who would really want one? ... besides Bellatrix). That would be a fairly foul portrait. And would it make a difference when the portrait was made? I mean he went through so many drastic changes throughout his life. I don't know though, I don't think there is one.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old December 15th, 2007, 3:42 pm
Secret Keeper

i doubt if there's even a photograph of him, well, unless he had some as tom riddle. If there was one, bellatrix would have it.

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old December 15th, 2007, 3:53 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux View Post
i doubt if there's even a photograph of him, well, unless he had some as tom riddle. If there was one, bellatrix would have it.
Yes, she certainly would have, but would that photo be of Tom Riddle and the Voldemort of the first war,( who must have been still tons better looking IMO than the thing that came out of the cauldron) or the Voldemort that came out of the cauldron?

While we have the description of just how Voldmeort looked after he came out of the cauldron but still I can't help but wonder how anyone would look, with a bit of a traitor like Peter thrown in??!!!

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Wand