Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

Child of Regret.

Old March 11th, 2006, 10:11 pm
Second Year

Child of Regret.

Snape has loved Lily for a long time now.Lily has never expressed the way she feels even though Snape has.But one night when James did the unthinkable,changed everything.

Chapter 1
There was a knock on the door.Snape strode over and opened it.A woman with dark red hair and green eyes stood in the door way,her face tear stained.
"Lily?"he said shocked.Lily strode past him into the room.
"Severus..I..erm,can I sit down?"she stuttered.
"Of course."he replied puzzled.She sat on the old tattered settee.Snape walked over to one of the many bookcases along the walls and took out his wand.
"Drink?"he asked her.She nodded and immediantly two glasses of red wine appeared from thin air.Snape sat down beside her and handed her a glass.
"Thanks"she muttered.Snape stared at her.
"And to what do I owe this pleasure?"he asked.She took a gulp of wine and sat up a little.
"It has been a long time since I have seen you."she whispered.Snape's face was sour.Lily noticed and her face became offended.
"Oh come on!You think I could of kept in touch with you after all that happened?!Of couse not!"she dropped her glass by accident.Snape sneered.
"Yet you decided not to tell Potter!How very touching!"He too had dropped his glass of wine.
"I couldn't have told him!I needed to marry him!You think it would have been appropiate if I told him that his worst enemy was in love with me?!"Lily shouted.
"What do you mean [i]had]to marry him?"he shouted back.Lily eyes were full of tears.
"Well I couldn't marry you,could I?"Lily bawled
"Why not?"Snape spat.
"You were too dangerous!"Lily said.
"And being in the Order wasn't?"he scoffed.Lily sneered.
"At least I was being protected by Dumbledore."Snape looked away from her as though she was indecent.A cruel smile came upon Lily's lips.
"Never been Dumbledore's man have you?He never gave you a chance!"
"That's a lie."Snape said quietly.Lily looked at him.
"What?"she asked.
"That's a lie."he repeated.He looked her in the eyes.
"Yeah right."Lily scoffed."He dosen't trust you."
"Yes he does.Albus Dumbledore trusts me."Snape smirked."He heard it.He heard it all.He heard my confession to you.He then knew that I wasn't just another emotionless Death Eater and gave me a second chance."Lily looked puzzled.
"He heard it?"she whispered.Snape nodded.Lily shook her head.
"How do I know your not lying?"
"I would never lie to you."Snape said quietly.Lily sank back into the settee.
"Woah."she whispered.Snape sat down beside her.
"Why are you here,Lily?"he asked Lily softly.
"James."she replied with a small sigh.
"Ah.Do tell what precious Potter has done now."Snape grinned.Lily laughed.
"He..he..erm...he'sbeing a bit obsessive.He wants to know where I am every minute of the day.He's driving me crazy.I can't stand it!"Lily blurted out.Snape rose an eyebrow.
"Any regrets?"he said quietly.She looked at him and nodded.
"I..don't know..if I want to..be with him anymore."she whispered.
"You have a choice."Snape whispered back.A tear fell from her eye.
"No more."she whispered.She leant in forward.[You can guess the rest!]

once more seen

There goes my hero, rest in peace. You deserve it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2006, 8:40 pm
Second Year

Re: Child of Regret.

Chapter 2

One month passed that evening and Lily made sure James didn't find out about her special friend.God knows what he'd do if he found out.She would meet him tonight.She had to tell him something important.It had been driving her crazy all week,but finally she could get it off her chest.She feared the look on his face when she told him but still,she had to tell someone.The evening came and Lily crept past James and Sirius whom where both experimenting jinxs on Wormtail.She got out of the front door and apparated to Spinners End.

Lily appeared from thin air outside a small,run-down house.Walking up the weed-tangled path,she knocked on the front door.The door opened and a slither of a man came into view.
"Lily!."he said enthusiastically.She forced a small smile onto her face and kissed him on the cheek.She passed him into the room and sat on the settee.
"Drink?"he asked her.
"Ah.No"she replied.Snape sat beside her.
"Erm,I need to a tell you some..something."Lily stuttered.Snape scanned her up and down.
"Tell me what?"he asked suspiciously.Lily closed her eyes for a minute and then opened them again.
"I..erm..Im..I..am pregnant"Lily muttered.Snape closed his eyes.
"What?"he asked his voice quivering.His hands shook a little.
"Im pregnant."she cried.A tear fell from her eye as she spoke.Snape stood up immediantly.
"Pregnant."he repeated."PREGNANT!"He walked away from her towards the bookcase and took out his wand.A glass of wine appeared from thin air and Snape threw it down his throat.
"Severus..please."Lily started her voice shaking.
"WHAT?WHAT CAN I SAY?WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT GO AWAY?"he shouted.
"You can calm down!"she shouted back.Lily got up from the settee.
"BE CALM?YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CALM!HOW CAN I?I'VE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY WORST ENEMY'S WIFE IS PREGNANT!"Snape threw more wine down his throat and sat back down on the settee.
"Yes!Im pregnant!So?What are you gonna do about it?Are you gonna leave me alone and expect me to go back to James?Expect me to tell him that your child is his?"Lily scoffed.
"Of course not."he whispered."I wouldn't do that."
"You wouldn't?"she asked.Snape shook his head.Lily sat down beside him.
"I wouldn't do that he repeated.I'll always be there."he whispered taking her hand.She smiled.
"I have to go."she said.Snape nodded.
With that Lily left.

once more seen

Old March 13th, 2006, 4:24 pm
Second Year

Chapter 3

After that night,Lily visited Snape every night on his request.She told James that she was going to 'Advanced Charms' classes.He did not think anything of it.He was always too busy experimenting on Wormtail with Sirius.Lily strode out of the front day and made her usual routine to Spinners End.Appearing out of thin air,she walked towards the same door and knocked.Snape opened the door and Lily kissed him,this time,on the lips.She strode past him and sat herself onto the settee.
"Drink?"he asked.He was already striding over to the bookcase.
"Please."she replied.Snape handed her a glass and sat beside her.
"I have been thinking."he started"About..Potter."Lily stared at him.
"What about him?"she asked quite coldly.
"Well he will notice you getting bigger.He may ignore you,but being so big,he will notice you."
Lily laughed."Im no fool.I will use the Flatsiumcharm.It will make me look thinner."
"Perhaps."Snape stood up."Or perhaps I could..help you."
"Well you've already agreed to stand by me."she smiled.Snape grinned.
"Yes,well.Maybe I could make a potion for you,to help."Snape said simply.Lily nodded.
"Right."Snape strode over to his wand and summoned a black cauldron and several gruesome objects out of thin air.He swished his wand and the Graphorn Horn began slicing itself.
"You know,I have been wondering."Snape began."What will become of this child.It can surely not live with you and Potter.Lily laughed.
"You think I will stay with him when or before this child is born?Of course not!"
"My thoughts exactly.So..."
"I will leave him of course!I can not stay in a loveless marriage.I want to come here,with you!"Lily exclaimed.Snape smiled.
"Really?"he asked quite lazily.She stood up and took his hands.
"Really."she whispered.Snape turned his back and towards the cauldron.It became to hiss.He dipped in a small bottle and handed it Lily.
"Drink this."he said.Lily put the bottle to her lips and drank.She handed him back the empty bottle.Snape flished his wand and the cauldron disappeared.
"I've been thinking about names."Lily said.Snape froze.He still had his back to her.
"Oh?"he said turning towards her.Lily nodded.
"Erm,well,I thought Sarah for a girl,but I couldn't think for a boy."Snape pondered.
"Harry?"he said.Lily smiled.
"Harry."she repeated.

once more seen

Old March 13th, 2006, 5:09 pm
Second Year

Chapter 4

Four months past after Snape found out about Lily being pregnant and the months grew Snape and Lily closer together.Lily had started disappearing to Spinners End for days on end,but James either did not notice or did not care.It was a fine evening and Lily was sat with Snape in his living room.They had been working on a special potion together for a month.And finally,tonight the potion would be complete.
"5 more minutes!"Lily whispered,excitedly.She couldn't wait to drink.Snape added a pinch of powdered eagles claw and the cauldron hissed.Blue steam rose from the cauldron and the room filled with the smell of babypowder.Lily and Snape smiled.Lily picked up a small bottle from the table.Snape nodded and Lily dragged the bottle over the simmering potion.The bottle filled itself with blue liquid that smoked angrily.Lily drank it down quickly.She shook her head back and pulled a face.
"Vile."she cried,putting the empty bottle back onto the table.
"Look at me."Snape said.She turned towards him and he gazed into her eyes.The emerald green turned to black,to purple and then to a dark blue.Snape smiled.
"Well?"Lily said anxiously.Snape vanished the cauldron and bottle.Lily tugged at his arm.
"Well?"she nagged.Snape sighed,but could not hide his smirk.
"It's a boy."he said with no enthusiam.Lily screamed with joy and leapt on top of him,throwing her arms arounds his head.
"A boy?A boy!Oh Severus!"she yelled planting several wet kisses on his cheeks.Snape smiled.
"Okay,okay.Lily."he said.
"Aha?"Lily replied.
"Please get off me,your very heavy."Lily blushed and slid herself back onto the settee a big grin on her face.
"This is a cause of celebration."he said standing up and once more two glasses of blood red wine appeared out of thin air.He handed one to Lily and sat down beside her.
"A boy!I can't believe!"she yelled kicking her shoes off and laying back on the settee.
"You must be calm.You haven't even decided on a name for him yet."Snape said.
"I have!We agreed on Harry!"Lily argued.Snape looked at her and she smiled.
"If thats what you want."he murmed.Lily rolled her eyes and flung her arms around him once more.
"A boy!"she whispered."A new life.Just you,me and baby Harry."

once more seen

Old March 13th, 2006, 6:48 pm
Second Year

Chapter 5
The Dramatic Twist

Lily believed she was lucky.Lucky to be in the care of Severus Snape.She even felt proud to be carrying his baby even though she was a married woman.But all that evaporated in spare of what happened two months after finding out that she was to have a baby boy by the name of Harry.Read on.

Lily made her usual way to Spinners End,slipping past her ignorant husband into the open air.Snape was not expecting her this evening but should had to tell him the good news.Baby Harry had started to kick.She was so excited to tell him.And what more,she had thought about this for a long time.She was going to leave James,tonight!She apparated outside the door she knew only too well,was about to knock when she heard voices coming from inside the house.[i]I must leave![i]she thought and was about to disapparate when curiousity got the best of her.Is he with someone else?Has he told someone?She had to know.Lily tapped her wand on the door and muttered"Quietonous!"and as if a radio was being tuned in,began to hear Snape's voice clearly.
"I still do not understand my Lord,why you wish to visit me and risk being caught."
"Do you really think any Auror can catch me,Severus?"came a cold voice.Lily shivvered.
"No my Lord,forgive me."
"My dear Severus,I have come here to congratulate you."the voice hissed.
"Congratulate me?"
"Yes.For taking another man's wife.For you knocking her up."No sound came from Snape inside the house.Lily was aghast.No!Tell this stranger it's all a lie!That he's sick,please!
"Lord Voldemort thanks you."the stranger said,now revealing himself as You-Know-Who.Lily gave a sob.What?
"My..My Lord..I..I don't know what to say..I"
"Save it Severus,my time is limited.I request a favour."
"Favour,my Lord?"
"Yes.You see Severus,I am an old man.I have plenty of followers, but no children.Yes,I will,probablly,in the end find a way to be imortal,but,one always needs a back up plan."No sound came from the house.Oh God!Lily thought.What was he going to ask him to do?
"And..what..am I to do,my..my Lord?"Lily was shaking.
"Severus,I ask of you an heir."
"An heir?"Snape croaked.
"As I said before,you already have a woman bearing your child soon.I pressume you don't love her."
"N..no"Snape whispered.Lily broke down.Tears poured from hers eyes onto her face.How could he say that?
"Good.Then as soon as this baby is born I expect the mother to be dead and a new son in my own arms."jeered Voldemort.He cackled.
"Yes,my Lord."Snape said quietly.Lily shook her head.She felt like her heart had been ripped in two.How could the man she thought loved her do something like that?Wiping her eyes on her sleeves she disapparated back to Godric's Hollow.One minute after,Lord Voldemort stepped out into the cold night air and disappeared into thin air.Back inside the house,Snape collapsed onto the settee,several tears dripping down his face.What was he to do?

once more seen

Old March 13th, 2006, 7:31 pm
Second Year

Chapter 6

Now Snape has expressed his 'true colours' Lily feels that she is alone.Only when one of the Maruaders comforts her does she confess all.

Lily rushed into the house and up the stairs.She flung herself onto the bed and let herself cry.How could he do that?After all they'd been through?This six months was a waste?I've been carrying his baby for nothing?Lily felt angry.She hated Severus Snape.She hated him as much as her husband hated him.I carry the child of a liar.Lily slid herself off the bed and onto the floor.She rooted under the bed until she found it.The box of letters from him.Back in her seventh year at Hogwarts,Lily had kept getting anonomus love letters from someone she didn't know.Only last month had she found out they were from him.She took out the first one and ripped it pieces.Suddenly there was a knock at the door.Lily let out a yelp,shoved the box back under the bed,and leapt over to the door.Lily opened it.There stood,tall,brown haired and shabby looking,Remus Lupin.
"Lily,are you alright?"he asked walking into the room.Lily wiped the tears from her eyes.
"Im fine,Im fine."she muttered.She knew he didn't believe her.
"No your not!Lily,your shaking.Sit down.Come on."Lupin said stirring Lily towards the bed.He looked at her with concern.
"Lily,whats the matter?Are you ill?"he asked.
"Yes!Ill!Terrible!Leave me to get some rest,aye?"Lily exclaimed.Her eyes were red and her face was wet with tears.
"Im not leaving you!Your in a right state.Come on,you can tell me,whats the matter?"Lupin asked gently again.Lily looked him in her eyes and began to cry.
"I can't tell you."she sobbed.Lupin handed her a tissue from thin air.
"Of course you can!"Lupin chuckled.Lily shook her head.
"No,I can't!I can't tell anyone!"Lily had gotten herself so worked up she had gotten hiccups.
"Lily,please tell me."Lily shook her head again.Lupin cats her a puzzled look.
"Has this got something to do with James?"Lupin asked firmly.
"Kinda."she said quietly.She blew her nose.
"What's he done?"Lupin asked.She shook her head once more.
"Nothing that's just it!"Lily said quickly."It's me!I've done something..something bad"she gasped.Lupin looked even more puzzled.
"Im sure it can't be that bad.It's not like you've been seeing Snape behind his back is it?"he laughed.Lily turned pale.Lupin stopped laughing.
"Right?"he asked anxiously.Lily broke down.She dug her head into Lupin's chest.
"Yes!Yes!It's true!He said...he said he..that he loved me!"she gulped.She cried all over Lupin,who was aghast.
"You had an affair with Snape?"he shouted.
"Shhh!"Lily sobbed.Lupin looked distraught.
"With Snape?"he hissed.She nodded.Lupin pushed Lily of his shoulder and stood up off the bed.
"I've gotta tell him."he said more to himself than Lily.He was half way to the door.
"No!Please!I beg you!It's over!I finished it!Please,please Remus,please!"Lily begged Lupin getting off the bed and clinging onto his feet.Lupin looked like he was going to cry.
"He's my friend!"he yelled.
"Please!"Lily sobbed."Please!"Lupin rubbed his eyes.
"But.."
"PLEASE!OH PLEASE!Lily cried.Her eyes were stinging and she was very pale.Lupin could not bear her being like this.
"FINE!But Lily,promise me,promise,stay away from Snape.Promise.Give me your word?"Lupin cried.Lily nodded.
"I promise."she sobbed.She let go of Lupin's feet.He left Lily lieing on the floor,in a state.

once more seen

Old March 14th, 2006, 4:49 pm
Second Year

Chapter 7

Over the next two months,Lily was tense and afraid.Afraid for many reasons.Lupin had threatened to tell James about her and Snape.Snape,on the other hand had tried to contact Lily on several occasions and now,at 9 months pregnant,Lily was stressed.

Lily had just settled down in bed for a long sleep,when something began tapping her window.She got up out of the comfort and walked over to it.Lily opened the window and a small black owl she recognised flew in.
"Oh what now,Severus."she moaned slamming the window shut and flining herself back onto the bed.The owl climbed up her stomach to her chest a sat itself comfortably down.Lily sighed.She took the parchment from the owl's foot and read it;

Lily,
You have been avoiding me and I don't blame you.I realise that you will never forgive me but I can not bear the thought of you giving birth alone.Please Lily,I beg you,just come to my house tomorrow night.I just want to talk,to explain.
My love for you and baby Harry,
Severus

Lily groaned.No!she thought.I promised Lupin.
You really need to hear him outsaid a softer voice in her head.Lily shook her violently.No!But you love him.Lily could not deny that.She took a quill from her bedside table.She wrote on the back of the parchment'Fine.'and gave it back to the owl.Lily got up off her bed again,flung the window open and the little black owl scooted out into the night.Lily sighed,closed the window and sank back into her bed.She fell asleep.In her dreams,you she dreamt of Snape with a small boy in his arms.But beside him was James with a small boy in his arms.Lily looked at both puzzled.She began to walk to Snape,but suddenly fell through a hole in the floor.Lily screamed.Both men shouted"Lily!"and both babies began to cry.
Lily woke up with a start.Panting heavily,she took the glass of water by her bed.Baby Harry started to kick.Lily lay back down.What am I to do?

once more seen

Old March 14th, 2006, 6:05 pm
Second Year

Chapter 8
{Here it comes!}

As Snape requested Lily made her way to Spinners End the following evening.She brushed her hair for the first time in a week and ran downstairs to the living room.Lily walked straight past James,who was flinging Butterbeer corks at Sirius,and into the night air.Lily made she was far from the house when she apparated onto the doorstep of Severus Snape.She took a breath and knocked once on the door.The door opened.
"Lily,you came."Snape said happily.Lily passed him without makeing eyecontact.She strode over to the settee and sat down.Her back was killing her.She gave a small gasp of pain,which made Snape jump.Lily ignored him.
"You wanted to see me?"she asked in a bored tone.Snape nodded and sat down beside her.Lily shuffled over a bit more so there was a large space between her and Snape.
"Lily,I want to explain."Snape started.Lily snorted."No,oh Lily,please.Look I know you heard about my conversation with the Dark Lord but I reassure you,I will not kill you and I defianatly wouldn't give a new born baby to a man as cruel as him."Lily looked at him.
"That's your neck on the line."she grumbled.
"Look Lily,I love you.And Im not going to give you up for some mad man who thinks he can take over the wizarding world!He will never get his hands on my son.I'd rather die."Snape said quietly.
Lily turned to him.
"But..but if you loved me,why agree to do it?"she asked her voice shaking.Snape shook his head.
"I don't know!I really don't!It's just that,if I had of denyed doing that then,he would have killed me there.I wouldn't have had time to tell you this or see me son born."Lily began to cry.
"Oh,Severus."she whispered.She smiled.If only her back didn't hurt her so much!She could barely move.
"Here."Snape said.He picked up a cushion,noticing how much agony she was in.As bent over her to put the cushion behind her back Lily screamed.
"What?What is it?"Snape yelled.He looked from Lily to the place she was nowing staring at.In the doorway stood the werewolf,Remus Lupin.

Snape jumped up from the settee at once.He whipped his own wand out but Lupin got his first.
"Expelliarmus!"he yelled.Snape flew off his feet and hit the bookcase behind him.
"I thought I told you not to come here Lily!"he yelled at her.His face was full of fury and he was shaking with anger.Lily sobbed.Lupin took her wrists.
"Why did you come?"he spat."Why did you come?"Lily moaned.Lupin was about to shout at her again when-
"Rictesempra!"
Snape had got up from the floor.A trickle of blood poured down his face where his head hit the bookcase.He ran over to Lily.
"Are you okay?"he asked her anxiously.Lily nodded.No,Im not okay!she thought.My stomach hurts!Oh God!
Lupin got back on his feet.
"I thought I told you to stay away from her!"he roared at Snape.
"Why should I?"Snape shireked."I love her!She carries my child!"
Lupin screeched"WHAT?!"
Lupin ran over to Snape but Snape was too fast.
"Levicorpus!"
Immediantly Lupin was hanging upsude down as though an invisible hook had lifted him up by the ankle.
"NO!"Lily screamed.She was crying now."No!OW!Help me!Severus!It's coming!Harry's coming!"
Snape turned ghostly white.He dropped his wand and Lupin fell from the air.He too was very pale.Snape rushed to Lily's side and took her hand.
"Do something!"he barked at Lupin.Lupin nodded and threw a pinch of floo powder into the fireplace.
"Who shall I call?"he shouted at Snape.Snape's head buzzed.A woman!A kind woman!
"Narcissa Malfoy!"Snape yelled.
"What?"
"Don't argue!Do it!"Lily had given a high pitched scream.Snape let go of her hand and over to his cauldron.He started dropping in bits of frog's toe and pinches of bat's wool.Lupin had ran back over to Lily.
"Come on!You can do it!"he said encourageingly.Lily screamed again.Snape ran over with the potion and tipped it down her throat.She coughed a bit.Sweat had ran down her face and there were tears in her eyes.The fire blazed green and a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes stepped out of the ashes.
"Severus,I...woah!"she gasped taking in the scene before her.
"Narcissa,thank god!Quickly,help her!"Snape shouted.
"What the..?"
"NOW!"he yelled.

Within the next half hour,Lily gave birth.Thankfully,Lupin had collapsed when Lily hit him over the head after he started wincing that his hand hurt.At the end,Snape told Narcissa everything.She was a close friend after all.He mad eher swear not to tell anyone else and promised her anything in return.She stepped back through the fire until it was Lily and Snape alone with Baby Harry.
"Harry."she whispered at the bundle covered in blankets.Snape smiled.He had a headache,his hands hurt but he was overjoyed at the sight of his first son.

once more seen

Old March 15th, 2006, 5:49 pm
Second Year

Chapter 9

When Lupin regained conciousness that evening,it was to find Snape sat next to Lily,who had a baby boy in her arms.His face turned sickly and he grabbed Lily by the wrists causing her to drop baby Harry out of her arms.Luckily,Snape caught Harry before he landed on the ground.Harry started to cry.
"Come on!"Lupin barked at Lily.Lily struggled out of his grip.
"No!I want to stay here with Harry!"she moaned,stamping her foot onto his.He let go off her at once,howling with pain.Lily took Harry from Snape's arms and began to rock him.Lupin's face was a violent shade of puce and his eyes had narrowed.
"Fine"he hissed."I'll go.And I'll tell James allabout it."Snape stood at once.
"You don't have the guts."he whispered menacinly.Lupin snorted.
"Watch me."
"No!Lupin you promised!You promised you wouldn't tell him!Please Remus!If..if I come will you promise not to..tell him?"she asked shakingly.Lupin considered her for a moment.
"Fine."he grumbled."But your not bringing thatwith you."He indicated over to Harry,still crying his head off,in Lily's arms.She looked like she was going to cry for a moment and nodded.Lily closed her eyes,turned around and handed Harry to Snape.Snape looked at her with a puzzled expression on his face.
"Look after him."she whispered.Snape nodded.
"Oh Im sure he can keep the kid alive for at least onenight Lily."he smirked.Snape shot him daggers with his eyes.Lupin ignored him.
"Come."he barked at Lily.He held his arm out.A tear fell down Lily's face and she took Lupin's arm.With a small popthe both of them had disappeared,leaving Snape and baby Harry alone.

The following day,Lily could not stop thinking about Harry and Snape.She daren't apparate as she knew Lupin was keeping watch on her.But as night began to fall Lily announced she was tired,said goodnight to everyone and set off up the stairs.Once inside the bedroom,Lily disapparated.

One minute later,Lily appeared out of no where on a small,run-down street,by the name of Spinners End.She made her way down towards the last house and knocked on the door.The door opened to reveal Severus Snape.
"Lily!"he exclaimed.She smiled.
"I couldn't stay away."she said.Lily made her way past Snape into the front room.A large black cot sat in the middle room.Lily rushed over to the cot and peered over it.There he was.There lay Harry,fast asleep.
"He nodded off about half an hour ago."Snape said closing the door.
"He looks so peaceful."she whispered.Snape had come to her side.
"Yes,he does."he whispered."He..didn't settle for quite some time after you left."Lily turned towards Snape.
"I am so sorry I told Lupin."she sobbed."I shouldn't of have."
"It's okay Lily,it's okay."Snape reassured her.Snape summouned a tissue out of thin air and mopped Lily's tears up.
"Thank you."she sniffed.Snape smiled.Lily shook her head."No!I mean it!Thank you.Thank you for..for everything.Any other man would have ran away in your position.
"I am not any other man."Snape told her.
"I know that."she whispered.Lily put her arms around Snape.
"Im sorry."she whispered."Im so sorry."
"It's okay."Snape whispered.He leant in nearer to her face.He kissed her.
"Forgive me."he whispered.Snape kissed her again.Lily made no move to stop him.All of a sudden,Snape was flung backwards.Lily screamed and fell on top of him.
"HANDS OFF MY WIFE,SNIVELLUS!"someone shouted.Lily and Snape turned towards the door.There,stood James Potter,his face full of fury.

"JAMES!"Lily screamed.Harry began to cry.
"POTTER!"shouted Snape.James made his way towards Snape and Lily.
"WHAT WERE YOU DOING?!"he screamed.He had his wand pointed directly at Snape's heart.
"JAMES!PLEASE!"Lily begged.James ignored her and fired a jinx at Snape.Luckily,Snape jumped just in time.Lily threw herself in front of him.
"NO!"she yelled.Snape took his chance.He plunged his hand into his robes pocket and took out his wand.He pointed it straight at James.
"Go on then,Snivellus."James whispered."I dare you.Or are you too much of a coward?"
"DON'T call me coward!"Snape spat.Harry began bawling even louder.Lily ran over to Harry and picked him up,cradiling him in his arms.He was not the only one crying.
"I daredyou Snivellus."James hissed.He shot another jinx at Snape but he repelled it.James began to get even angrier.Snape shot a jinx at him whilst he was paying attention.It hit him straight in the forehead.James toppled over backwards.James did not get up.Snape rushed over to Lily.He held her and baby Harry in his arms.
"Severus!"she cried."Oh Severus!"Tears poured down her face,dampening her robes.
"It's okay Lily."he whispered."It's okay."
"NO IT'S NOT OKAY!"boomed James's voice.He was back on his feet,his wand pointed at Snape.
"Avada Kedavra!"he yelled.A green blaze shot from James's wand to Snape.He was thrown up into the air and was suspeneded there for a minute.He then shot back down to the floor,his eyes closed,very pale.He didn't move.
"NO!"Lily yelled."NO!"
"YOUR PRECIOUS BOYFRIEND GONE,LILY!NOW YOU CAN COME HOME!"James cackled.
"No."Lily sobbed."No,no,no,no!"He couldn't be dead?He wasn't dead!Harry started to scream.Lily started to cradle him again.James turned to her in disguist.
"Put it down,Lily!"James shouted at her.Lily shook her head."I SAID PUT IT DOWN!"James pointed his wand at Lily.She gave a scared gulp.James took a step towards her.
"Put it down Lily and you don't get hurt."he said softly.Lily was shaking."Put it down and come home."Lily was sobbing uncontrollably.James sighed and held out his hand.
"I forgive you,Lily.Now put the baby down."he whispered.Lily put Harry down onto the floor,looking James straight into the eyes.
"Thats it."he whispered."Now take my hand."Lily obeyed him again and both of the disappeared,leaving baby Harry screaming uncontrollably next to the body of his late father,Severus Snape.

once more seen

Old March 15th, 2006, 6:38 pm
Second Year

Chapter 10
{Im getting excited!}

Lily believed Snape dead.She believed him gone.Unfortunatly,around James,she could not show her grief.Instead,she had to bottle it all up inside her,causing her to be depressed.Lily may have believed Snape dead,but not everybody did.

The following morning from that evening,the sun arose over Spinners End and the birds sang,high in the trees.Inside the last house of Spinners End,lay a scene of total devistation.On the floor layed an unconcious man,Blood trickled down his forehead and onto his cheek.Near him lay a small baby.The baby was fast asleep,but very cold.The fire near the man's head,burst into emerald flames and Narcissa Malfoy stepped out of the ashes.
"SEVERUS!"she screamed.She rushed over to the man and pointed her wand at him.Nothing happened.She began to panick.
"Severus!Oh come on!"she cried to thin air.Narcissa slumped him up against the wall to get a better look at him.She grabbed his wrist for a pulse.There was no pulse.Narcissa flopped her head down onto Snape's stomach and began to sob.She was so busy crying that she did not realise that her wand tip had lit itself.First it turned purple,then it turned blue and then it turned black.Out of her wand flew a shadow.A shadow of an angry man and a sobbing woman.The shadow flew at Snape.Narcissa looked up.She thought she'd heard something.Snape moaned.Narcissa looked straight at him,fear in her eyes.Snape began to stir.He opened his eyes.A blurred vision of a woman with blonde hair and blue eyes came into focus.
"Narcissa?"he asked.Narcissa grabbed him and gave him a big hug.Snape flew into her arms and looked over her shoulder.Where was Lily? he thought.His black eyes swept the room.They swept the floor,until Snape shoved Narcissa off him.
"HARRY!"he cried.Snape leapt over to the boy.Narcissa crawled after him.Snape realised he had his wand in his hand.******! It had snapped in two.
"What's he doing here?"Narcissa asked puzzled.
"Quick!Narcissa give me your wand!"Snape blurted out.She gave him her wand and he pointed it at Harry's chest.A flash of blue light came out of the tip,but nothimg happened.
"No."Snape panted."No!No!"He screwed his eyes up and once again blue light came from the wand tip.Nothing happened.Narcissa grabbed Harry's small wrist.There was nothing.
"Severus."she started."He's gone."she said sympatheticaly.Snape shook his head.He did not want to hear it.It wasn't true.Narcissa took Snape's hand.Tears fell from his eyes.
"No."he whispered."No."

once more seen

Old March 16th, 2006, 5:04 pm
Second Year

Chapter 11

After baby Harry's death,Snape was never the same.He could not bring himself to tell Lily.After all,she thought him dead.Since that day,Narcissa didn't leave his side.She helped him through his grief and he promised he would,one day,repay her.But after nearly a eight months,Narcissa had to leave to have her own baby with Lucius.Severus understood.He let her go and said he could cope by himself.He hated being alone,stuck in his small house on Spinners End.After a month of contact from no one,he couldn't stand it any longer.He had to contact Lily.He decided,after a week of pondering,he would contact her.He couldn't imagine the look on Lily's face when she saw he wasn't dead.So he did it.He wrote upon a piece of parchment.It read:

Lily,
I am alive.
Severus.

He gave it to a faithful owl that passed by.It flew out into the night.Snape closed his window and sat back onto his settee.There. he thought.It was done.

Lily lay on her bed.Her back was killing her.James had gone out with Sirius.Thank god!she thought.He had kept nagging her to lay down,stay still.Lily was so tired.She was just about to turn in when something started pecking at her window.Lily dragged herself up off the bed and clambered over to the window.She opened it and in flew a small black owl.She picked it up and took the scroll from it's foot.Lily read it.Her eyes widened with fear.The small owl pecked her hand.Lily dropped it.Alive?ALIVE?Lily reread the letter though a couple of times.He wasn't dead!Lily grabbed a quill and quickly wrote on the back.
Im coming! The bird flew back out of the window and Lily apparated.A minute later,she appeared on the door step of the last house on the street on Spinners End.She banged her fist on the door.Snape opened.Lily flung her arms round him.For once,Snape was not pleased to see Lily.He did not return the hug.Lily let go off him puzzled.Snape was staring at her stomach.Lily had completely forgotten.She closed her eyes.
"Is there something you want to tell me?"Snape snapped.
"Severus..please."Lily begged.She stalked past him.Snape banged the door shut and strode over to the settee.
"So what are you going to tell me?"he hissed.His eyes were narrowed.
"Look."Lily snapped."I thought you were dead."
"So that means you can get pregnant with my killer?"he shouted.He flung himself onto the settee.
"I..I moved on."she stuttered.Snape snorted.
"Yet,I still wonder why your here."he whispered.Lily didn't look at him.
"I still wanted to see you."she cried.Snape rose an eyebrow.
"You didn't even think to visit Harry."Snape said.
"I didn't think."she shook her head."Where is he?"Snape looked away from her.This was the part he dreaded.
"He..erm..he..he died,Lily,he died."Snape stuttered.Lily started at him mortified.Tears began to leak out of her eyes.
"What?"she whispered."He died?"Snape nodded.Lily sank down beside him.He put his arm around her.
"I was dead myself when he went."he whispered.Lily stared at him.
"How come you came back?"she sobbed.Snape shurgged.
"I don't know."he sighed.Snape could not help keep looking at her stomach.
"Er..what you..what you gonna call it?"he asked,trying to be kind.Lily stopped crying.She turned pale.
"Lily?"
"Er..well..am..James..James wants to call him...Harry."Lily stuttered quietly.Snape turned ghostly white.
"Out!"he said sharply to Lily.
"Oh Severus......"But Snape had taken Lily's arm,swung the door open and pushed Lily out into the night.Lily stumbled over the door frame.
"Severus please!"she pleaded.But it was no use.Snape slammed the door shut in Lily's face.She burst into tears,but no one heard her except a wise phoenix in the trees above.

once more seen

Last edited by bex93; March 16th, 2006 at 5:12 pm.
Old March 16th, 2006, 7:03 pm
Second Year

Chapter 12
{Whoo!}

For nearly year,Snape did not talk to Lily.The only thing that cheered him up through these dismal months was the arrival of Narcissa's son,Draco.What delighted him even more was when Lucius and Narcissa asked him to be Draco's godfather.Snape agreed with joy and said Narcissa.
"Thank You.One day I will repay you.Even if it is not for fifteen years,it shall be done."
But there was more than one arrival.Lily Potter gave birth to a healthy baby boy by the name of Harry.James demanded he chose the name.Lily felt uncomfortble with the idea,but still she accepted.In company,Lily felt James was punishing her.He would always say how happy he was that this was his and Lily's first child.She knew he was doing it on purpose.
Even the Phoenix that had sat in the trees on that night was happy in some way.He reported back to his master and his master praised him well.
Everyone was quite happy,even if inside they felt miserable.But there was one wizard who was furious.And all his followers and a certain baby felt his anger.Lord Voldemort was disgusted at how he had still not got what he had always wanted.In his temper,he disapparated over to a certain man's home.He wanted answers.He wanted answers there and then.Or else.

Severus Snape opened the front door to find someone who he dread to talk to.
"Severus."Voldemort smiled at him.Snape just stared at him as he passed him through to the living room.Voldemort threw his travelling cloak onto the settee.His black robes swayed as he plunged his pale,spider-like hands into the pocket of his robes.He pulled out his wand.Snape flinched.Voldemort aimed his wand at the door.The charm just missed Snape's left hand by an inch.
"Don't want to be disturbed."he muttered.He stepped closer towards Snape.
"My Lord..."Snape started.
"Save it,Severus.I have come here to ask you an important question."Snape nodded."Where is my heir,Severus?"Snape sighed.
"He is not here my Lord."
"I noticed that.So?Where is he?"Snape's brain buzzed.He could not tell The Dark Lord that Harry had died.I need a child. he thought.A child!Who do I know?Who has a boy that's nearly one?The Malfoys!No!No!I owe them so much.Let me see. And then it hit him.
"Severus?"Voldemort asked.
"He's not here."repeated Snape."He is with his mother."Voldemort rose a pale eyebrow.
"You did not kill her?"Voldemort mocked.Snape shook his head.
"Forgive me,my Lord.I could not."Voldemort gave a cold laugh.
"You loved her,didn't you?You actually loved her!"Voldemort laughed.Snape nodded.
"Forgive me."he mumbled.Voldemort stopped laughing.
"Well my dear man,I still want my heir.Maybe,maybe it would be better if I went to go get the child?"Voldemort suggested.
"No.My Lord I could not ask you to.."
"No Severus,I insist.I will go."Voldemort interupted.Snape looked at him,shocked.Voldemort smiled.
"Thank you,for that infomation,even if you yourself could not get the child,I can."Voldemort picked his travelling cloak up and tied it around his neck.He pointed his wand at the door.It clicked open.He turned towards it.
"Wait!"Snape shouted.Voldemort turned to face him.
"My Lord,please.Do not harm Lily."Snape spoke slowly,as though he was getting scareder at every word that left his mouth.Once again,Voldemort smiled.
"You truly love her,don't you Severus?"Snape nodded."Do not worry.I shall not harm her."And with that,Lord Voldemort left Spinners End.

once more seen

Old March 17th, 2006, 5:01 pm
Second Year

Chapter 13
{Yey!}

Lily now knew that Snape hated her.He hated her,her unborn son and James.How could she of ever loved a man like that?Shortly after her 'disagreement' with Snape,Lily gave birth.A small boy which she called Harry.As for Snape,he did not contact Lily at all.At least once a week though,Narcissa came with Draco.She would usually clean his house with a flick of her wand or other wise keep him company.Snape was always thankful she came and was determined to keep his promise to her.He had also grown a fondness of young Draco.He was quiet and looked so much like his father,Lucius.Still,Snape was unhappy.He had nothing to look forward to except being close to the Malfoys.And the Phoenix that had sat in trees that night stood firm upon his perch in his masters office.Tonight he had an important message.He would not let his master down.

That following evening,Severus Snape sat upon his settee reading a thick read book,when his coffee table burst into flames.Snape stared at it puzzled.Then the table was just the same except that a large Phoenix now sat on top of it.
"Heh hem.."a voice came from the corner of the room.Snape swivveled round towards the fireplace.Sat in the middle of emerald flames,was the head of none other than Albus Dumbledore.
"Good evening,Severus."
"Headmaster?"Snape asked.What was Dumbledore doing here?HERE!Snape was a Death Eater was he not?
"I...I.."Snape stuttered.
"Do not worry Severus.I know,I know.In fact,I know more than I should."he confessed.Snape still had his confused expression.Dumbledore smiled.
"I believe,Severus,that you have had,um,'relations'with Mrs Lily Potter?Am I correct?"Dumbledore asked,quite pleasantly.Snape opened his mouth and closed it again.Instead,he turned his face away from Dumbledore's and nodded.
"Yes.I thought so."Dumbledore muttered."Well,I do not judge.Anyway,Severus,I trust you.But still,to take another man's wife..."
"Wait a minute!"Snape interupted."Im sorry,but have you not thought for one minute that Lily may have been unhappy with Potter?That she didn't love him?"Dumbledore did not speak for a minute.
"I had thought of that."Dumbledore said quietly.Snape was in no mood to have an 140 year old man judge him.
"I hope I have not offended you,Severus."Dumbledore said quietly.Snape shook his head and mumbled"Forget it."
"No."Dumbledore said sharply."I will not forget it Severus.You have the rights,by no means to tell me to keep my crooked nose out of your business."Snape gave a small smile.His right arm was sore.Ever since the Dark Lord had come,it had hurt.
"Your not like them,Severus."Dumbledore whispered.Snape looked at him.
"I can hardly hand in my regisnation."he smirked.Dumbledore smiled.
"I can help you though Severus.I hope I am not being unappropiate but I am looking for a spy.Now I can understand if you wish not to help me,but the opputunity is always there."Dumbledore offered.Snape thought for a moment.I am of no use to anyone at the moment.What have I to lose?
"I'll do it."Snape said.
"Spoken like a brave man.Now,Severus,if we are to fool Lord Voldemort"Snape flinched.Dumbledore ignored him."Into thinking that you are spying on me for his benefit,that would be ideal.So what I am sayong Severus,it would be most common for you to come work at Hogwarts."he finished merrily.Snape just stared at him for a moment,his mouth open.Work?At Hogwarts?Snape considered him.What was he doing anyway?
"Okay."Snape croaked.Dumbledore smiled.
"Jolly good.Oh and Severus."Dumbledore started."Don't think so bad of yourself.Lily Potter would have been a very lucky woman if she already hadn't of been."And with that,Dumbledore's head disappeared and so did the Phoenix,leaving a tired and confussed Snape alone.

Dedicated to the people who wanted to know why Snape was a Death Eater.I still haven't explained it proppely but I'll do that later after Lily dies.Whoops!

once more seen

Old March 18th, 2006, 11:22 am
Second Year

Chapter 14
{Im back!}

Now that Snape had turned against his master,he was a nervous wreck.He had not been able to sleep for nearly a week.And he had the dread of what was going to happen at Godric's Hollow on top of everything else.How he prayed the Dark Lord would be true to his word.But just incase,precautions had to be taken into his own hands.

One late night,Snape could not sleep as usual.He kept having disturbing dreams of Lily screaming as a blast of green light shot towards her.So he got up and made for his living room.He was red hot.He picked up a book that he had left on the side the previous evening.Snape scanned the page but his eye lids could not take it.They were heavy.Snape closed them and fell asleep upon his tattered settee.
A man with dark,messy hair was yelling.A pale man with red eyes walked over the door frame.He gave a gruesome smile.
"LILY!"the man shouted."TAKE HARRY AND RUN!"The pale faced man gave a cold hard laugh.He rose his wand.
"Avada Kedavra!"he screeched.A blast of green light shot from his wand to the man's chest.He flew up into the air and floated for a mere minute.He then slumped back down to the ground,unmoving.The pale man stepped over the other man's body and made for the stairs.Meanwhile,Lily was grabbing as much as she could,but crying at the same time.She grabbed her son by the stomach and held him in her arms.But,just as she had picked the boy up,the man came into the room.
"Give me the boy."he said sharply.Lily shook his head.
"Give me the boy and you need not die."he whispered menacily.
"No..please..take me instead."she begged.He gave a cold laugh.
"You need not die.Now give me the boy!"he shouted.Lily shook her head.The man rose his wand;he was going to do it.

Snape awoke with a start.He was panting and covered in a cold sweat.What the hell was that?But deep down,Snape knew exactly what it was.I have to get her out of there.I have to protect her.He shoved himself off of the settee and over to his book case.Taking his wand from the top shelf,he summouned parchment from thin air.He took it over to the window sill and his began to write with a thin black quill.

Lily,
I know so many reasons why you should not speak to me ever again but I can't stand not talking to you.I probablly don't deserve a second chance,but,if you would meet me,it would mean a lot.Please.Lily I care about you.Please.
Severus.

Snape posted this off to the nearest owl and slumped back to his settee.He only wished she would reply.He had to make her safe.He would not be able to live with himself if he knew he was responsable for her death.

Lily did not get the owl till the morning after.She awoke to the gentle tapping on the window.Careful not to wake James,she got out of bed and tiptoed over to it.She opened the window and a small white owl flew inside the room onto her pillow.It gave a low squak.
"Shh!"she whispered.The owl blinked at her.She took the parchment off from around it's foot and read the message.It annoyed her.Sure.Now he wants to talk. Lily knew almost immediantly that she would not go.But when several more owls came that morning,bareing the same message she forced herself to go.
"Where are all these owls coming from?"James asked that morning quite suspiciously.
"Oh,no one."she said quite merrily.She knew James did not believe her.But she ignored his Really? look and continued to feed baby Harry his porrige.

once more seen

Old March 18th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Second Year

Chapter 15
{Quite a sweet chapter}
Lily left Godric's Hollow and baby Harry behind the following evening.James had his suspiciousions.
"Where are you going?"he asked.
"Oh,I thought I go out to Diagon Alley for a few hours,you know.Anyway,it will give you chance to bomd with Harry."Lily indicated to Harry who was fast asleep in his cot.With that,she stepped out into the cold,night air.She took a deep breath and apparated to the house at the end of the street which she knew only too well.She stepped up onto the doorstep and knocked once.The door swung open to reveal a slither of a man.
"Lily!"Snape cried.Lily did not smile but passed him through into the living room.
"You wanted to see me?"she said stiffly.The last time she had been her she had been thrown from the place.
"All in good time."Snape mumbled.He strode over to his bookcase.
"Drink?"he asked her.
"No thank you."she replied.Snape smiled.
"Come now.Have a drink."He summouned two glasses full of blood red wine,handed one to Lily and sat down beside her.Lily shifted over trying to keep a space between herself and Snape.
"I have a lot of explaining to do."he sighed.Lily snorted.
"Complicated man aren't you Severus?"Lily mumbled taking a sip of wine.Snape nodded.
"Yes,yes.I am."he whispered.Lily did not look at him.
"So are you going to tell me why Im here or is it guess work?"she grunted.
"I did not force you to come."Snape said sharply.Lily looked at him.
"Maybe I wanted answers."she muttered.
"Maybe you'll get them."Lily fixed him with a hard stare.
"Look,Severus.Why did you ask to see me if your just going to make snide comments?"
"You misunderstand me Lily.Ask me anything.I will give you an honest answer.I would not lie to you."Snape remarked.
"Fine."Lily said."What are you doing with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?"
"The truth?Nothing.Dumbledore has offered me a place at Hogwarts to teach and spy for him upon The Dark Lord."Snape said simply.
"Really?"she asked.Snape nodded.Lily straightened herself up a bit more.
"Okay.Why did you throw me from your house when you knew perfectly well that I was eight months pregnant?"she shouted.
"Ah yes."Snape smiled."You must forgive me Lily.I never said I had a steady temper.Anyway,under the circumstances I would of thought perfectly usual for a someone to get angry when their love is pregnant with another man's child."Lily blinked.
"Well..I..okay.."
"Have we finished with the foolish questions Lily?"Snape interupted.Lily nodded.
"I suppose."
"Good.But for now Lily,I fear for your well being."Lily looked puzzled.Snape sighed.
"Lily,you are a young woman in a loveless marriage and a year old son.Surely that's not what you wanted?"
"I guess not."
"There's no guessing Lily.I only want you to be happy."Snape whispered.
"I know but with James,Harry will know his dad and that will make him happier."Lily said rubbing her eyes.
"It's not about what James wants and it's not about Harry.It's about what you want Lily.You can't force yourself to do something you don't want to.You have to make a choice."Lily stared at him,her eyes full of tears.
"I don't know what to do."she sobbed.Snape held her hand.
"Run away with me."he whispered."We can leave it all behind.Lily,I love you."
"I know."she whispered.Tears streamed down her face.Lily nodded.
"Okay."she whispered."Just give me a day."Snape nodded.Lily stood up.
"I better get going."she said wiping the tears from her face.Snape stood up as well.He kissed her.The clock chimed in the living room and Lily pulled apart.She walked over to the door.
"I love you."she whispered.Snape smiled.
"I love you too."he whispered back.Lily smiled as well and she opened the door and disappeared into the night.

Little did Severus Snape know,but those were the last words she would ever say to him.

once more seen

Last edited by bex93; March 18th, 2006 at 5:00 pm.
Old March 27th, 2006, 5:09 pm
Second Year

I am mega sorry for not writing for ages! Mind you though,no one has read it!Any who.I am gonna write another chapter!My feedback isn't working so can you please send me an owl if you want to comment.I am gonna post to the people who I know mainly read it just to remind them.

Chapter 16
Godric's Hollow

Lily got home to find James wide awake,sitting on the settee.
"Where have you been?"he snapped.Lily gave him an uneasy smile.
"Diagon Alley,of course."she said merrily.James threw himself off the settee.
"Don't lie to me Lily!I know for a fact you weren't there!"James.Lily put her hand on her hip and stared at him,frowning.
"How would you know?"Lily eyed him.James snorted.
"I don't need to tell you that."he spat.
"You went looking for me didn't you?"she cried.James rolled his eyes."[i]Well?
James gritted his teeth.
"So me and the boys went to into Diagon Alley for some Firewhisky.So what?"he said briskly.Lily shook her head at him.
"You don't even trust me."Lily whispered.James looked at her,gobsmacked.
"Your meant to be gaining it back!You think I'd bend over backwards after what happened with Snape?"he shouted.Lily stormed past him and up the stairs to the bedroom.She found Harry sat on the bed,tugging at the sheets.She went over to him and scooped him in her arms.
"Come on."she whispered.Harry giggled and Lily grinned.
"It's really not funny Harry."She pulled her wand out of her pocket and stared at it for a moment.Lily sighed.She pointed the wand at the bed and an old suitcase swam from underneath the bed.

Downstairs,James was throwing things around the room.He always did it when he was angry.He stormed over to the glass cabinet and took out a huge bottle of firewhisky.He pulled the cork out and gulped the liquid into his mouth,savouring the warm,strong taste.He put it back into the cupboard,deciding this wasn't the solution.James stumbled over to the staircase.
"Lily!"he cried."LILY!"And then it happened.The wall where the front door was smashed into the living room.Dust and rubble flew every where,until it died away to leave someone even worse stood in the doorway.James yelped as Lord Voldemort stepped over the threshold.
"LILY!TAKE HARRY AND RUN!"James bellowed.Voldemort gave a gruesome smile.James took his own wand out of his pocket and pointed it at Voldemort but it was too late.
"Avada Kedavra!"Voldemort screeched.James flew up into the air as a green blaze shot at him.He hovered slightly for a moment and then fell back to the floor with a thud.Voldemort stepped over his body to the stairway above.

In the bedroom,Lily's heart was racing.She gathered everything in sight and threw them into the old suitcase.She had to get to Spinners End.Lily picked the suitcase up and grabbed Harry,ready to apparate.But then,the door flew down and more plaster and rubbled flew into the room.Lily screamed and was knocked off her feet.Voldemort stepped over to her and bent down next to her.
"Give me the baby,Lily."he whispered.Tears ran down Lily's face but she shook her head.Voldemort closed his eyes and opened them again.
"Give me the baby."he said more firmly.Lily shook her head again.Voldemort smiled his terrible smile once more.
"Give me the baby,Lily and you walk free,unhurt,alive."Voldemort whispered.Lily shook her head once more.
"N..no!"she croaked.Voldemort stared at her for a minute,hard.He rose his wand and...
"[i]Avada Kedavra! "he yelled.Lily screamed.The green light hit her and she was thrown up into the air.She was suspeneded for a moment and then hit he floor.Voldemort turned his intention towards Harry.He took in his appearence and frowned.
"You are of no use to me."he said to him.Voldemort pointed his wand at him.
"[i]Avada....! "but Voldemort did not complete his sentence.A shadow of a woman flew in front of Harry and sucked in the green blaze.Voldemort's wand vibrated wildly.He dropped it and the wand landed near Harry's foot.A spark flew from it towards Harry's forehead.His skin on his forehead split.Harry began to cry.The pain was terrible.But it was nothing,nothing compared to what Voldemort was going through.He flumped to the ground.His soul was spilting.He was being forced to leave his own body.And then,something that looked like a ghost arose from the body fly through the broken walls into the night.

once more seen

Old March 27th, 2006, 6:49 pm
Second Year

Alright.Before I write anything let me just say,these will probably be the last three chapters.I think.Any who.

Chapter 17

Snape was pacing his living room.Will she come?Is she alright?Will Potter stop her?He felt sick.He couldn't stand it anymore.He took his travelling cloak of the stand and tied it round his neck.Snape flung the door open and stepped out into the dark.He breathed in the night air and apparated to his destination;Godric's Hollow.
He appeared out of thin air.Snape stared up at the house.The front wall had a huge hole in it.It looked as though someone had blown it up.Snape stepped into the house.And then a terrible sight caught his eyes.On the floor,lay Potter's body,unmoving.Snape gulped.No. he thought.
"Lily?"he cried.There was no response.Snape shook his head."LILY!"he shouted.Snape made his way up to the staircase.Another huge hole had been made in the wall.He stepped through it,but then wished he hadn't.Lily lied slumped against the wall.Snape fell to his knees.He crawled over to her.No please!No!He felt for a pulse but he didn't get one.Snape broke down.Tears fell from his black eyes.He hid his hands in his face.
"Hello?"said a voice echoed up the stairs.Snape got up off his feet and slipped behind the bed.He could hear footsteps.
"Lily?"said a panick stricken voice."What's a matter with..."Snape peered over the side of the bed.Black was stood over Lily's body.Snape couldn't bear to think of her dead.Don't say that! he thought to himself angrily.Black had bent down and grabbed Lily's hand.He too was checking for a pulse.He was looking around the room and something caught his eye.Snape ducked immediantly.
"Are you alright?"Black called."What happened to your head?"Snape was puzzled.Black walked over to the bed.The bed jerked as though it had just got lighter.Snape peered over the bed once more.In Black's arms,was Harry Potter.His forehead was covered in blood.Snape rolled his eyes.He hid back down the side of the bed.
"Sirius?" a gruff voice said.Sirius turned around.
"Hagrid."sniffed Sirius"What are you..."
"Dumbledore sent me 'course.Tol' me 'bout well.."Hagrid sniffed as well.
"Look,give me 'Arry,Sirius."Hagrid gulped.Sirius shook his head.
"No Hagrid,Im his godfather.Leave him with me."Sirius argued.Hagrid came a little closer to Sirius.
"Look Sirius,Dumbledore says he's gotta come wid me.Be reasonable."Hagrid said firmly.Sirius sighed.
"Fine. In fact you can take my bike.I won't be needing it anymore."Sirius muttered.
"Oh..er thanks Sirius."Hagrid mumbled.Sirius left the room and Hagrid followed him.Snape got out from his hiding place.He stepped over to Lily.He bent down beside her.
"I love you."he whispered.Snape had to finally except that Lily was gone.Yet he'd never know if she would have met him that very night.But he was wrong.The open suitcase lay beside her.Snape looked at it for a moment and gave a watery smile.He took his wand out of his pocket and pointed it at Lily.Her body rose and floated onto the bed.Snape stood.
"I love you."he whispered again.And with that,he disapparated to his small and lonely house on the end of Spinners End.

once more seen

Old March 28th, 2006, 4:24 pm
Second Year

Chapter 18!

When Snape got back to his house on Spinners End,the door was wide open.Snape took his wand out cautiously and stepped towards the door.He stepped into the room and found a warm fire crackiling merrily in the fireplace.
"Severus."said an old frail voice.Snape spun around on the spot to find none other than Albus Dumbledore stood behind the door.
"Headmaster?"Snape said confused."What are you..?"Dumbledore rose a hand a he stopped talking.
"I do not have long Severus,I have just come to see how you are coping with your loss."Dumbledore said calmly.Snape blinked.
"My loss?"Snape scoffed."Lily was hardly mine."Dumbledore nodded.
"Yes."Dumbledore said."But you loved her."Snape turned his back on him.He could not look him in the eyes.
"It is natural."Dumbledore went on."That when we lose someone dear to us that grief takes a long time to take it's toll.This may sound very rude,but when you feel ready,there is always a place for you at Hogwarts.We would all welcome you back with open arms."Snape jilted his head a little and turned to face the old man before him.
"Really?"he asked.Dumbledore nodded.
"Really.But as for now I must leave.I have to take Harry to a family of muggles.Unless of course,you can find it in your heart to take the small boy in yourself?"
"What?"
"Then again memories are painful.Forgive me Severus.Goodnight!"And with that Dumbledore left Spinners End.Snape stared at the spot were he had disappeared for a moment.He then extingushed the fire with his wand,locked the door and made his way up to bed.

But he couldn't sleep.First he had a terrible dream.Potter was standing over Lily and a green blaze kept hitting her again and again.Lily was screaming and all he could do was watch.She kept yelling for him.He yelled back but it was no use.Lily flumped to the ground.Snape began to snarl at James and found a wand near by.He picked it up and shouted"Sectumsempra!"but the wand turned into the head of an old man.The old man looked tired and weak.And then the old man turned into a ghastly sight.It was Voldemort.He was laughing.Laughing at Snape.He gasped and dropped the laughing Voldemort onto the floor.Then he changed into a soft,warm bed.Unwisely,Snape climbed into the bed and disappeared.

The real Snape woke up in a cold sweat.His right arm was sore.Panting slightly,he pulled himself out of bed and down to the living room.He shakingly poured himself a glass of wine and sat back in a leather chair,facing the fireplace.The great grandfather clock chimed midnight.The noise rang in his ears,getting louder everytime.Snape couldn't stand it anymore!He sprung out of his chair and flung the door wide open.It was pitch black outside.He ran into the darkness but did not know where he was going.He did not know why he was going but more importantly,he didn't care.He ran past the great dirty river and over the hill.Snape looked around him.Silence.He sat down upon the damp grass and watched the world go by.It passed quite quickly.

He was at the Hogs Head.Trewlawny had gone into a trance.Dumbledore was sucking in every word.He was peering at the door.The bartender came up the stairs and noticed him.He started shouting and he shouted back.He had now missed the rest of what Trewlawny was saying.But he quickly got off his feet as the door swung open.He legged it down the stairs and disapparated on the spot.He arrived in a large,grand house.There was a large circle of people in masks and cloaks stood in silence.He stepped up to the one person who did not wear a mask and began to whisper in his ear.The man smiled.He thanked him and then walked over to his space in the circle.But then everything changed.The world zoomed by.He was in a corner crying as a man with a hooked nose yelled at a cowaring woman.How he hated the man.How he hated the woman for being such a fool.She was a witch.He was a drunken muggle.He got up out of the corner as the man started to yell even louder.He got up to his room and wrapped himself in the sheets of his bed.But then everything changed again.A woman with dark red hair sat next to him.She had wonderful green eyes and he gazed into them.And then he had kissed her.Then her stomach got bigger and bigger and he was delighted.A small child came into his arms but soon vanished.Another small baby came into her arms.It was crying.The woman was no longer smiling.She had fear in her eyes.The woman jerked and dropped the baby to the ground.Shelayflat on the floor.He didn't know what to do.The baby then grew into a man.He looked like the man he hated the most.And then the man started yelling at him,calling him a coward.He couldn't stand it.He bawled"DON'T CALL ME COWARD!"

And then he awoke.Severus Snape awoke into the dim light of morning.He was shivering.But even now,as the sun arose,grief got him.A tear fell from his eye.She was gone.They both were.

A little different but I kind of had to explain a lot.I don't know if I did or not.Any who that is the second to last chapter.

once more seen

Old March 28th, 2006, 5:10 pm
Second Year

Chapter 19
Here it is!

Even now as Snape faced Dumbledore he knew he could not to do it.Dumbledore begged fakely and this made him sick.Why is he making me do this? he thought.He gave a silent gulp and did something he knew he would regret.
"Avada Kedavra!"Snape yelled.A green blaze left his wand and shot straight at Dumbledore.All Snape could do was watch.He was thrown up into the air and was suspended there for a mere moment.And then he dropped back to the ground.What have I done?But now he had to run.
"Out of here,quickly."he barked.Snape grabbed Draco by the collar and led him away from the body.They both ran back down into the Entrance Hall and through the fight that had broken out.It seemed as though half of the roof had collapsed in.People called out to them,but they continued to run.They had to get out of here.And what was worse was that Potter appeared from behind them.Snape and Draco pelted through the front doors into the grounds with Harry chasing behind them.Not long after,another Death Eater caught them up.The Death Eater pointed his wand at the small hut.Flames were thrown onto it and it caught alight.Snape ran even faster but Potter was slowing him down.He kept shoot jinx after jinx at him.
"[i]Sectumsem..." but Snape blocked it.[i]No! he thought.[i]Not those spells! Snape turned on him.
"No Potter.How dare you use my own spells against me!It was I who invented them.I,the Half-Blood Prince!Turn my own spells against me like your filthy father would?I don't think so,no!"Snape spat in fury.
"Kill me then."Harry panted."Kill me then like you killed him you cowar..."
"DON'T CALL ME COWARD!"Snape screamed.He slashed his wand at Potter who felt his face burn with pain.He was furious!Snape grabbed Draco by the arm but was thrown backwards off his feet.A huge hippogriff swarmed over him,his razor sharp claws cutting into Snape's robes.He scrambled to his feet and ran towards the gate,Draco flying towards it in front of him.Snape got to the gate and disapparated from beyond the grounds.

And from that night,Severus Snape was convinced a murderer to every witch and wizard everywhere in the Wizarding World.And few people knew of his innocences as few knew of his tragic past.

If you enjoyed this story,you might enjoy the sequel afterwards that can be accessed with the link below.
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=90567Sorry it is not yet completed and my stories seem all over the place!

once more seen

Last edited by bex93; August 25th, 2006 at 9:19 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts