Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

Snively

Old January 16th, 2006, 9:33 am
Sixth Year

Re: Snively

This time there'll be a few parts of the newest chapter again. You can leave all your comments here

CHAPTER 49: TEACHING AT HOGWARTS: HARRY POTTER’S SIXTH YEAR

The Dark Lord was extremely furious at his servants because they failed to take the prophecy from Potter. Severus hadn’t been in the Department of Mysteries because these were Voldemort’s orders. Bellatrix Lestrange, who was one of the Dark Lord’s most faithful servants, failed to deliver the crystal ball straight to Voldemort’s greedy hands. Lucius Malfoy disappointed him again; the Death Eaters were facing a few teenagers at first and it was a pathetic fight. Neville Longbottom was among Potter’s friends that night; iSnape was surprised that the boy finally managed to find some courage in him.
The Dark Lord was disappointed with his servants and Severus was gaining more and more of his trust. It seemed that You-Know-Who truly believed in Snape’s support; in fact Snape was praised by him. Voldemort listened to a tale about the members of the Order of the Phoenix who had come to the Ministry; Snape told Voldemort about Potter who had seen Sirius in the Departament of Mysteries, trying to alert his teacher, the only one person from the Order left, that Black had been in danger. Severus explained the Dark Lord that he couldn’t have pretended he hadn’t understand what the arrogant boy was saying and he must have checked if Black was still in the headquarters; if he hadn’t done it, Dumbledore would have suspected that Snape wasn’t working for the Order. Lord Voldemort seemed to be satisfied that the Potions master was the only one who had behaved reasonable and trustworthy; the rest of the Death Eaters, who had been at the Ministry that night failed the snake-like, evil monster. Voldemort’s anger was so huge that he decided to take vengeance on some of his allies.
Severus realised that the only way to cheat Voldemort was to tell the truth, to tell what happened but to tweak the circumstances in such a way, so that the Dark Lord could believe that some incidents were aimed for his profit. That was what Snape was constantly doing and even if the Dark Lord was using Legilimency on him, his abilities were good enough to push hate and anger to the forefront of his mind and to show him his hatred towards Potter. It was sufficient.
Professor Dumbledore was the one who knew Voldemort’s personality better than anyone; he had taught him, he knew what he was like as a student. He even knew what he had been like as a child! It was very useful for them both, as they realized that what the Dark Lord really needed, was a constant feeling that he was still the most powerful wizard in history. He craved constant remarks about how talented he was; Voldemort, knowing that Snape was a talented wizard too could appreciate his ally’s opinions. Of course, Severus had never let him feel that You-Know-Who was less talented than Dumbledore. The Dark Lord was naive to be fooled like this; Severus was gaining his trust slowly but consequently. Furthermore, Voldemort often asked Snape about his advice and it was a good opportunity to steer the events in the way that Snape wanted.
The Headmaster kept trying to find Voldemort’s Horcruxes. There had already been one destroyed and Dumbledore managed to find another one, the ring of the Slytherin family. Severus was staying at Hogwarts, when the Headmaster came back to the castle, badly injured. Once again Snape’s abilities and wide knowledge of Dark Arts helped and Snape saved his mentor’s life; unfortunately, the curse put upon the ring was so terrible that a part of Albus Dumbledore, his wand hand, died that day. The hand became blackened and dead-looking. Snape could only stop the spreading of the curse and couldn’t save the hand.
They both decided to tell everybody interested a story about Dumbledore’s slower reflexes and point out at fast aging as the reason of it. Again, on the one hand it was true: the Headmaster was very old indeed. The Dark Lord should think that he’s secure with an old man, the one he had ever feared, in a weaker state.

Check out my fanfiction about Lily, Snape and the Marauders here
It was written shortly after HBP and there are lots of events predicted!
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2006, 9:51 am
Sixth Year

In the meantime the Dark Lord sent Peter Pettigrew to Snape’s old house in the Spinner’s End and Severus kept telling visitors that he suspected Pettigrew of spying. He had to endure the presence of the vermin, who had betrayed the Potters and helped Voldemort kill Lily. It was hard to sustain. Snape loathed with all his heart the man who also participated in You-Know-Who rebirth. It was Wormtail who cut Potter’s skin to get his blood which was needed to make Voldemort reborn.
One evening Severus had visitors in the Spinner’s End house. Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange came to him and it was a very uncomfortable visit. Bellatrix became jealous of Snape, who was in her opinion Lord Voldemort’s most trusted advisor and she was constantly showing that she didn’t believe Snape. Severus had to spun her a tale about what really had happened and why he had always been the Dark Lord’s faithful servant; this tale was similar to that which he told Voldemort, but he din’t tell her all the details. Narcissa was pleading Severus to help her only son, Draco. The Dark Lord ordered him to fulfill a dangerous task and in case if Draco hadn’t managed, he would have slaughtered the whole Malfoy family.
Narcissa’s plea made him feel disgust. ‘Yes, my dear, your husband can murder innocent people but you and your family can’t be killed’, he thought bitterly, looking at the crying woman; he could have used Legilimency on her with such an ease...
She demanded to make an Unbreakable Vow to save her son and, as Severus was very close to the Malfoy family, he had to agree to do because if he hadn’t, the other Death Eaters wouldn’t have trusted him. In fact, it was disapproval of the Dark Lord’s orders, but Snape suspected that both Voldemort and Dumbledore would order him to do it in the end. It was terrible.
He told the Headmaster about it straight away. They worked out a plan, which demanded employing the previous Potions teacher, Horace Slughorn as a Potions Master and giving Severus the Defence Against the Dark Arts job. It would mean that the Headmaster trusted Snape with all his heart; also, the job was jinxed, what would mean a great excuse for Voldemort if Severus stopped teching at Hogwarts by the end of the following year. Dumbledore knew that he had to hurry: he was getting weaker and weaker, the poison from the ring was swallowing much of his strength, and they both had no idea how many Horcruxes You-Know-Who created. Professor Slughorn was needed at Hogwarts, to get from him the crucial memory which would be able to help.
Potter helped Dumbledore to make Slughorn agree to come back from his retirement.
The first day of a new term started and Potter was of course late for the feast. The boy didn’t miss any chance to show off. His entrance had to be noticeable by everybody. Severus went to open the gate and saw him with Nymphadora Tonks, an Auror. She was apparently in love with Lupin because her Patronus had a shape of a werewolf; so even the werewolf had a woman who loved him and Severus still didn’t, missing Lily, knowing that his dreams would never fulfill.
The boy didn’t say “Good evening”, “Thank you for passing the information about Sirius”, nothing he should have said. He was extremely arrogant, just like his father was. Snape felt so enraged that he took many points from Gryffindor because of this late entrance and didn’t let Potter use his Invisibility Cloak, knowing that the boy would love to wear it that moment.
Potter was always favoured by the Headmaster and it was clear that it would continue. He was allowed to study Potions because his teacher had changed; Slughorn agreed to take Harry under his wings to teach him the subject, in fact allowing the awful boy to make attempts to become an Auror.
Snape was trying to find out about what Draco Malfoy was planning but he wasn’t successful. There were two attempts to kill: Draco sent a cursed necklace using somebody who was imperiused and a schoolgirl had to go to St Mungo’s hospital because of Draco (fortunately Severus stopped the curse from spreading); also Draco made somebody (perhaps Madam Rosmerta who was working in the bar) poison the mead which was to be handed to the Headmaster. Voldemort wanted Professor Dumbledore dead.

Old January 24th, 2006, 9:05 am
Sixth Year

Harry Potter was outstanding at Potions! Snape knew that it was his old Potions book which Potter got from Slughorn that helped him. There were excellent recipes achieved by Lily and Severus in their fifth and sixth year, there were also some spells and Severus had no idea if the boy was learning them or not.
Potter must have overheard Severus talking to Draco Malfoy about how he was going to finish the task for the Dark Lord because Harry knew about the Unbreakable Vow. Of course he suspected something. Professor Dumbledore told Snape about it and was asking him for further protection of Harry in case he died; he was also asking him to agree with all his orders, even if it meant something dangerous, uncomfortable or if it was a big sacrifice. Severus agreed, but unwillingly; the Headmaster told him that saving Snape's life is more valuable than his, Dumbledore's; Severus was Voldemort’s right hand and it was a huge advantage. The Headmaster knew that Draco would finally try to kill him because of fright; he had a plan to persuade Draco to go into hiding with all his family.
Severus was still trying to find out what Draco’s plans were, the boy was using Occlumency, though. The teacher was getting more and more tired: he was living in stress, working for Professor Dumbledore, pretending to work for the Dark Lord and keeping an eye on Draco and Potter when he could. One afternoon he heard loud yells coming from the boys’ bathroom. It so happened that he was following Harry and noticed that he came into the place. Snape burst into the bathroom and saw Draco covered in blood as if slashed by a sword while Potter was staring at Malfoy with horror on his face. Snape recognized his spell, Sectumsempra, at once. It looked as if Potter had no idea what it caused and used it in spite of unknown consequences. Snape quickly drew out his wand and started healing Draco’s wounds. Potter should have been happy to have Snape by his side then. Draco, the boy Potter hated the most, was cured. Severus felt guilty because Potter used the spell that he had invented as a student at Hogwarts: it could be a dangerous hex when used not properly. He also felt a kind of pride that Potter was apparently using charms invented by him. Snape sent Harry to bring all his school books to him, giving him a chance to hide the Potions book. Potter of course lied to him and showed him a book which belonged to – as Severus supposed – Harry’s friend, Ronald Weasley.
Snape could have asked the Headmaster to expel Harry from Hogwarts, but he decided to give him a long series of detentions. Punishment had to be severe, so that the boy wouldn’t use unknown hexes again, remembering what he did for a long time. In addition, Severus decided that the punishment would allow Harry to learn more about what the Marauders had been doing when they had been students. Potter was copying a list with many of their punishments where ink was faded. It was like saying without words: “Look, your cruel and arrogant father together with Black were constantly punished and me - not. You are just like your father, I didn’t lie: you had seen my memory!". Severus Snape chose to forget that he was good at non-verbal spells...
It seemed that Harry fell in love with the Weasleys daughter, Ginny. The detentions he had with Snape diminished limited time he had for her: she was going to take O.W. L. s soon.
The Headmaster learnt about a new Horcrux, which should have been placed in a cave by the sea. He ordered Severus to wait for him and the teacher was oboedient, knowing what Dumbledore was going to do. The Headmaster was very weak...

Old January 29th, 2006, 9:58 am
Sixth Year

When Professor Flitwick told Snape that the Death Eaters attacked the school, Severus stunned the Charms teacher and told friends of Potter to care for him. He run quickly, knowing that the Headmaster would need him, searching for Draco who let the Death Eaters come into the school. It was getting dangerous and Severus knew that he had to take them away as fast as he could; Fenrir Greyback, a cruel werewolf, was among them. There was a fight between the Dark Lord’s supporters and the Order with Potter’s friends; Draco was on the top on the Astronomy tower.
Snape approached and saw that Malfoy cornered Dumbledore who was wandless. It was obvious that the Headmaster decided to save Malfoy. One look of Severus’s eyes, sweeping the scene and he noticed two brooms. Potter was somewhere close, Potter in his Invisibility Cloak. Not only did the Headmaster was in danger, but also Draco, Potter and Snape. Professor Dumbledore was very weak, he was dying...
The Headmaster looked straight into Snape’s eyes and Severus returned his look. Dumbledore told him without words that the three of them and the whole school were much more worthy of living than he was; in fact, he was falling into a deep sleep anyway. He was pleading; pleading to Severus to do what he ordered.
Snape did it with a look of hatred in his face. He didn’t want to use the Unforgivable curse on a person who liked and appreciated him, who relied on him. He did it just because Dumbledore wanted him to do it, knowing that he would be loathed by the Order and more than half of the Death Eaters.
Quickly he grabbed Draco and started to escape. Nobody from the Order stopped them, thinking that they both were friends, not enemies. Potter run after them though.
When Harry was close, it was obvious that he hated Snape more than everybody else. He had just seen what Snape had done and drew wrong conclusions. Potter was trying to use Unforgivable curses on him, but they were simply pathetic attempts; Snape was too well–trained, trying to save himself at first from his father, then from the Marauders, later from other enemies. The boy shouldn’t have used these curses: they weren’t for him.
Severus stopped one of the Death Eaters, who used the Cruciatus curse on Harry, causing him unbearable pain. Of course Potter was so blinded with hate, wanting revenge, that he didn’t even notice that.
Potter was so furious that he wanted to hex him by Levicorpus and Sectumsempra spells, these spells which were written in Snape’s potions book and were invented by him. It made Snape so enraged that he felt such a strong hate towards Potter as he had felt when Potter had seen his worst memory. Severus had just done the second most painful thing in his life and James Potter was trying to hex him again, to hex him using his own spells... What more, he called Snape a coward, what was untrue and what Lily had told him once as a fifteen-year-old. It hurt so much that he had to try with all his effort to stop tears that were pushing to his eyes.
He escaped with Draco; mission accomplished, everybody who should have been safe, was safe.
Severus knew that everybody would believe that he was a real Death Eater easily, too easily.
His all life was a disaster. It would be better for him to die.
Another person who he respected, maybe even loved, ordered him to do what he didn't want. The pain was unbearable.
There was no way that Lily’s son would appreciate him. One chance was to help him to defeat Voldemort... but how Potter named Severus was like a thousand of thorns in his heart.
He knew that he was going to continue fighting to kill Voldemort - for Lily, the one he always truly loved.

Well... My fanfiction has finished. I hope you had fun and your comments are truly welcome. The link to my feedback thread is for example above the title of the last chapter.

Old February 5th, 2006, 10:59 am
Sixth Year

Heehee, some of you maybe thought that there's a new installment but no For these who don't comment and don't read my feedback thread I have something nice. Have you seen this picture? clicky
It can be a nice illustration to the fanfiction.

And if you click here, you may imagine older Snape with Lily, but I'd say that people above 10 can watch it.

Again: I'd be glad if you left your comments. Links to the comment thread are in the beginning of the latest chapters. I was writing for you for such a long time... I'd expect at least one comment.

Old February 23rd, 2006, 1:06 pm
Sixth Year

If you thought you'll get rid of me that easily, you're wrong!

Because I want to see my fanfiction more up in the fanfiction section and because I'd like to share my favourite fanfictions with you, I'll post links to the fanfics I appreciate.

The Serpent and the Butterfly here This one is funny, contains much of Snape and a new character - Flutterflie. It's very well written.

There was a great story called "There Is No Such Place" with Snape, James and Lily in fanfiction.net but now it says that the story is not found

Cathy Weasly started writing an interesting fanfiction called Snape's Happy Ending. You can find it here

And the one shot fanfiction about Snape's love for Lily: "Asphodel" here
Have fun because I'm not going to write anything more soon.

Old March 27th, 2006, 3:58 pm
Sixth Year

I'd like to add more fanfictions worth reading:

Flutterflie started writing a new fanfiction entitled "Blue Moon Rising". You may check it here. It's about Snape and Lily and it's all somewhat surprising!

There's also a fanfiction about Draco Malfoy by Aethonon. I don't believe in a good Draco but the fanfiction is written in a very good style. Check Summer Chill here. And of course don't forget to leave comments in Snively comments thread here. I see you're still reading this fanfiction so be nice and leave a comment, please .

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts