Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:19 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: The All-Inclusive HBP Movie Thread v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Dobby and Kreacher are included
oh yes...only i will cheer(I am not the cool type like you)...i just cant control the emotion there...even if i get weird looks from the rest of the room...do i care?
NOOOOOO!!!!!

i have made up my mind...i will definitely groan if

1.they make the Harry Ginny kiss suck ...if they change it and don't have it when and where its supposed to be..

2.if the cave scene sucks...happy cause with the news we got today...it seems it will be good...and i might not groan...

3.If they over do the romance part and really turn it into a romantic comedy...with a few other things...

I want balance...romance is important in the book ...but it definitely not over shines the rest of the story...

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy

Last edited by Montse; April 22nd, 2008 at 3:23 am.
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:22 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montse View Post
I want balance...romance is important in the book ...but it definitely not over shines the rest of the story...
Oh, good one, I forgot about this!

Yes, I would absolutely HATE Yates, if this turned into the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" "Romantic Comedy" that we've heard about and takes precedence over the Darkness!!!

I want balance too!!!

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:24 am
Fourth Year

Oh gosh watching this movie is going to be hilarious...just because when certain things happen I know I'll think to people in this thread and how they're probably reacting.

I kinda did that the last film when the whole 'Don't you have studying...' thing happened...I remember thinking 'Oh well...I guess I'll be hearing about that one for a while' and I was right

So just know if Harry and Ginny's kiss is changed I will have a chuckle at the thought of Montse throwing a random baby at the screen

Quote:
Oh, good one, I forgot about this!

Yes, I would absolutely HATE Yates, if this turned into the "sex, drugs, and rock and roll" "Romantic Comedy" that we've heard about and takes precedence over the Darkness!!!

I want balance too!!!
You're doing it wrong. Expect a romantic comady so if we don't get it you'll be soooooooo happy

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:28 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
So just know if Harry and Ginny's kiss is changed I will have a chuckle at the thought of Montse throwing a random baby at the screen

yeap totally got me there!!

funny i thought the same when i saw that line of DD...it was one of the first things i commented on here...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:29 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
Oh gosh watching this movie is going to be hilarious...just because when certain things happen I know I'll think to people in this thread and how they're probably reacting.

I kinda did that the last film when the whole 'Don't you have studying...' thing happened...I remember thinking 'Oh well...I guess I'll be hearing about that one for a while' and I was right

WOW, that's a little bit Morbid Phrozenone, throwing babies at the screen.

Oh, and about the cheering when Dumbledore dies, due to Gambon hators:

We will still have him back for Deathly Hallows so that's not comforting, I just hope he doesn't go too crazy with screaming in this one.

Although, crazy screaming should be good for the Cave scene, he should be able to pull that one off in his sleep.

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 22nd, 2008 at 3:32 am.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:32 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
WOW, that's a little bit Morbid Phrozenone, throwing babies at the screen.
well i wont be throwing any of my babies...just something that belongs to them that is sticy and yucky enough...the kind i usually find in their pockets...

And prozonone...i totally get your point...we have discussed so much about this film ...when i finall watch it...my mind will be thinking on how everyone in here is reacting...

Me thinks people will groan when Harry has his little "I cant be with you" talk with Ginny...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:35 am
Zonko's Employee

Oh, you know when the movie starts and you see the title, you'll be thinking that this is the FINAL version of MoD's HBP lists.

I know exactly what you mean, Phrozenone. We've been discussing, debating and analyzing this film for what feels like ages! It's been a long journey and it's almost impossible to pretend that this thread won't have an affect on me when I see the film. I'm going to be thinking of all the great times we'd had and hope the film is just as good because it could never be better.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; April 22nd, 2008 at 3:40 am.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:36 am
Third Year

Quote:
oh yes...only i will cheer(I am not the cool type like you)...i just cant control the emotion there...even if i get weird looks from the rest of the room...do i care?
NOOOOOO!!!!!

i have made up my mind...i will definitely groan if

1.they make the Harry Ginny kiss suck ...if they change it and don't have it when and where its supposed to be..

2.if the cave scene sucks...happy cause with the news we got today...it seems it will be good...and i might not groan...

3.If they over do the romance part and really turn it into a romantic comedy...with a few other things...

Yeah i defiantly agree with you on all of these. I think the most important will be the cave scene, I believe their really going to have to nail that scene to make it work well. It goes to everything, the acting, the directing and the scenery. I think that this will largely effect(affect?) the value of this movie. Dumbledore's part really needs to be acted well as I can only imagine what it would look like with bad acting(the drinking scene). It will really take alot of work to pull this scene off in my opinion.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:42 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman View Post
Yeah i defiantly agree with you on all of these. I think the most important will be the cave scene, I believe their really going to have to nail that scene to make it work well. It goes to everything, the acting, the directing and the scenery. I think that this will largely effect(affect?) the value of this movie. Dumbledore part really needs to be acted well as I can only imagine what it would look like with bad acting(the drinking scene). It will really take alot of work to pull this scene off in my opinion.
oh yes ...most definetly...have you sent the latest news we have on this?
its sound pretty good...high expectations here...hope i am not dissapointed...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:42 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Oh, you know when the movie starts and you see the title, you'll be thinking that this is the FINAL version of MoD's HBP lists.

I know exactly what you mean, Phrozenone. We've been discussing, debating and analyzing this film for what feels like ages! It's been a long journey and it's almost impossible to pretend that this thread won't have an affect on me when I see the film. I'm going to be thinking of all the great times we'd had and hope the film is just as good because it could never be better.

Yes, it's going to be a very different experience for me with this film, like I was telling Montse:

I'm worried because I'm going to be SO CRITICAL of these films having analyzed EACH CHAPTER in detail

I mean, OOTP was bad enough because I had recently re-read the Book so I noticed what was in and out.

But, I feel as if with HBP, I'm going to notice EVERY LINE of dialogue that differs from the Book!

Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:43 am
Banned

I wont buy the movie on dvd if they take these parts and things out:

1. Harry/Ginny's kisses, Ginny/Dean's kisses, Hermoine/Ron(I think)'s kisses, and Ron/Lavender's kisses.

2. The scene where Dumbeldore and Harry go to try and get Slughorn to become a proffessor at hogwarts.

3. Slughorn's party's.

4. The Room of Requierment.

5. The begining where Snape, Bellatrix, and Narcissa are together and Snape and Narcissa make the unbreakable promise(or something like that).

6. If they leave out the inferi.

7. If they don't make the scene where the Death Eaters are tearing up the school actiony/dramatic.

8. If they don't make the scene where Snape kills Dumbeldore just right.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:54 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
oh yes ...most definetly...have you sent the latest news we have on this?
its sound pretty good...high expectations here...hope i am not dissapointed...
For those that missed it, since it's like 6 or 7 pages back now or something, I'm going to repost the News, with the Spoiler Tags removed:

Quote:
Hey guys and gals,

I just checked HarryPotterForum and what do you know SCOOP (the same informant) posted about Cave scene pick-ups just 2 min. ago!!!

Since it's the Cave, I figured I'd wrap it in SPOILER tags, oh there's also a bit about the Horcrux memory:

Unfortunatly, their phones were confiscated again so no pics!

SCOOP Time2 minutes ago

2 more scenes filmed today.

i arrived on set, again everyones phones were confiscated.

The biggest sound stage had been transformed over the weekend into the cave set for the climax of the film.

There was a huge rocky wall with a crevase sticking out into the lake. There was a small boat docked into the rocks and on the raised rocks there was a stalegtite with a font sticking out from it. There was a greenish glow coming from the bowl.

The scene was shot on a crane camera and showed Dumbledore drinking water from the font! He was screaming 'Kill me' and 'no More' but Harry just kept feeding him the water. Then they cut and did another set up.

They got massive wind machines and blasted Harry. Dumbledore was slumped against the font and Harry was firing spells from his wand. It kind of reminded me of when they were filming the veil for film5. The camera was zooming in and out and craning everywere. Then Harry picked him up and Dumbledore was leaning on Harry. Most of the dialogue was inaudible because of the wind machines.

On another stage in the afternoon Jim Broadbent was kitted up in a fez and jacket for a scene with the actor playing the young Tom riddle. They were discussing Horcruxes.

Slughorn had big rosy cheeks and his big warus moustach and he was eating sweets that Tom had brought him from a little tin.

Tom Riddle was saying he'd been reading a book from the restricted section of the school library. Slughorn was saying that he was 'clever than most of the staff in the school'
Then Tom mentioned Horcruxes and Slughorn looked flustered and angry and chased him away. It was a nice little scene and Jim broadbent really captured what Slughorn should be. Hes got a girly little giggle.

Brilliant days shooting.
AND

Quote:
Dumbledores clothes are very different to his usual clothes. They are whiter and he kind of reminded me of saruman from Lord of the rings. David Yates was saying that he wanted Dumbledore to be very vulnerable and the one way to do that visually was to have him in pyjama's almost. Im assuming this was Dumbledores nightware,

Tom Riddle was great

Belatrix looks more refind. Like shes had to time to groom herself somewhat and scrape back some of her former beauty. Her hair was less wild and she looked 'cleaner'. it was stilly curly and there was a patch of grey near roots.

The scene with Dumbledore and Harry in the cave was intense. Michael Gambon was 'amazing', His best performance yet. Dan looked truely terrified. I saw some concept art for the inferi and they looks truely scary. David Yates was saying that they would motion capture the inferi later.

Of the cave David said he wanted it to be hostile and dangerous, waves crashing against the rocks etc etc.

If youre trying to picture Slughorn imagine an older version of his character 'Zidler' from Moulin Rouge' Less hair, Bigger white moustache etc.

The call sheet for tommorow has Jessie Cave (Lavender) Rupert (Ron) and Emma (Hermione) so im assuming its some lovvie dovey stuff in the morning and then Dame Maggie Smith is on set later that day in Dumbledores office!

Imelda Staunton was apparently in the studios over the weekend filming something else but popped on stage to see the action. One of the girls on the crew said that David told her he is planning a massive wand battle for her for film 7!

That this person says they've seen the concept art for the Inferi and that they look truly terrifying was the best news I've heard yet!!!

Old April 22nd, 2008, 3:54 am
Defender of Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
1. Harry/Ginny's kisses, Ginny/Dean's kisses, Hermoine/Ron(I think)'s kisses, and Ron/Lavender's kisses.
Hermione and Ron don't kiss is HBP, not until the Room of Requirement scene in DH.

I personally don't care for the romances in the films that much. I love mostly the fight scenes and the unfogging of the past (especially in this one!). I actually wouldn't be at all disappointed if they gave the romances the backseat, or at least a much smaller role than they had in the books. Keep them in, just to be consistent with the books, but a very small part.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:01 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathlyH View Post
Hermione and Ron don't kiss is HBP, not until the Room of Requirement scene in DH.

I personally don't care for the romances in the films that much. I love mostly the fight scenes and the unfogging of the past (especially in this one!). I actually wouldn't be at all disappointed if they gave the romances the backseat, or at least a much smaller role than they had in the books. Keep them in, just to be consistent with the books, but a very small part.
Awwwwww! Don't say that then you might jinx it. My dad once said that the Cubs probally won't win one day and guess what they lost. Thanks to dad for jinxing them. Yep I believe in jinxes. Please don't cause one! I'm begging you!! I love romances and I'll especially love them in HP.
Does anyone think the guy who plays Dumbeldore will pull off a good dying scene in HBP? We really haven't seen him do anything exept duel and talk.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:06 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Awwwwww! Don't say that then you might jinx it. My dad once said that the Cubs probally won't win one day and guess what they lost. Thanks to dad for jinxing them. Yep I believe in jinxes. Please don't cause one! I'm begging you!! I love romances and I'll especially love them in HP.
Does anyone think the guy who plays Dumbeldore will pull off a good dying scene in HBP? We really haven't seen him do anything exept duel and talk.
Well as much as i want the romance parts to be good,i agree with deathly hallows they should be kept like in the book and not given the spotlight ...
they after all are not the main plot of our story..

and as for Gambon...I am hoping he will do great...I want to be positive...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:14 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
I really have no idea, I hope so, as I said above:

Quote:
We will still have him back for Deathly Hallows so that's not comforting, I just hope he doesn't go too crazy with screaming in this one.

Although, crazy screaming should be good for the Cave scene, he should be able to pull that one off in his sleep

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:27 am
Zonko's Employee

I wonder if Luna's line "I loved the DA. It was almost like having friends." will be in the movie. Luna was quite popular with general audiences in OOTP so they might want to keep all of her scenes in because she's not in HBP much.

I'm a huge Luna Lovegood fan so i'm hoping to see more of her and I'm interested in how much Evannah has grown up since the last movie.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:32 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
wonder if Luna's line "I loved the DA. It was almost like having friends." will be in the movie. Luna was quite popular with general audiences in OOTP so they might want to keep all of her scenes in because she's not in HBP much.

I'm a huge Luna Lovegood fan so I'm hoping to see more of her and I'm interested in how much Evannah has grown up since the last movie.
Luna was great if not the best of all in half blood...besides the Christmas party at Slughorn´s and a brief part in the Quidditch scenes ...i don't see where they can include her...but whatever they do ...i wont mind much as long as they have her in...she really is a good character portrayed by a great actress...

surprisingly swishy
Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:32 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
I wonder if Luna's line "I loved the DA. It was almost like having friends." will be in the movie. Luna was quite popular with general audiences in OOTP so they might want to keep all of her scenes in because she's not in HBP much.

I'm a huge Luna Lovegood fan so i'm hoping to see more of her and I'm interested in how much Evannah has grown up since the last movie.
Well, if JKR has any say, I don't know about that line but, have you ever seen what she said in her interview with Mugglenet and Leaky Cauldron:

MA: You said that during the writing of Book 6 something caused you fiendish glee. Do you remember what that was?

JKR: Oh, god. [Long silence as Jo thinks] What was it? It wasn't really vindictive [laughter] - that was more of a figure of speech. I know what I've enjoyed writing - you know Luna's commentary during the Quidditch match? [Laughter] It was that. I really enjoyed doing that. Actually I really enjoyed doing that.

You know, that was the last Quidditch match. I knew as I wrote it that it was the last time I was going to be doing a Quidditch match. To be honest with you, Quidditch matches have been the bane of my life in the Harry Potter books. They are necessary in that people expect Harry to play Quidditch, but there is a limit to how many ways you can have them play Quidditch together and for something new to happen. And then I had this moment of blinding inspiration. I thought, Luna's going to commentate, and that was just a gift. It's the kind of commentary I'd do on a sports match because I'm -[laughs]. Anyway yeah, it was that.

MA: That was a lot of fun. She's fun.

JKR: I love Luna, I really love Luna.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 4:35 am
Zonko's Employee

Your like a wizard, Ic. Pulling all these quotes readily out of your sleeves.

It also makes me wonder if we will get any mention of the DA at all in HBP since it was like the main plot of the OOTP movie.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives