I'll have to try that thanks

Fan Fic
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=114430

Feedback
http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=114436
Old May 22nd, 2012, 1:10 pm
Third Year

Re: LEGO Harry Potter Video Games

Help! I am so confused! I finished the story for years 5-7 last night and I want to go back and do the extra stuff that I missed and keep exploring, but I just don't understand the game and I wish I had an instruction manual. How do I get to all the dark magic stuff throughout the game? Do I have to use a character that knows dark magic? How do I get one? I thought the point of collecting all those characters throughout the story was to be able to drink some Polyjuice Potion and turn into them once you were done with the game, but apparently you have to buy the characters using your studs. And I tried to buy Narcissa Malfoy, but she doesn't know any dark magic! I just don't get it. And what's up with the ghosts with the lego bricks that say like "3/5". What does that mean? I'm so lost. As you can tell, I am not a video games person at all, but this game just hooked me. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

ThestralQuill
11 1/2" Sycamore and Unicorn hair, surprisingly swishy

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."
Old May 23rd, 2012, 7:10 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosSempra View Post
Help! I am so confused! I finished the story for years 5-7 last night and I want to go back and do the extra stuff that I missed and keep exploring, but I just don't understand the game and I wish I had an instruction manual. How do I get to all the dark magic stuff throughout the game? Do I have to use a character that knows dark magic? How do I get one? I thought the point of collecting all those characters throughout the story was to be able to drink some Polyjuice Potion and turn into them once you were done with the game, but apparently you have to buy the characters using your studs. And I tried to buy Narcissa Malfoy, but she doesn't know any dark magic! I just don't get it. And what's up with the ghosts with the lego bricks that say like "3/5". What does that mean? I'm so lost. As you can tell, I am not a video games person at all, but this game just hooked me. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Yes you do have to purchase a dark character in order to use dark magic. I can't recall the easiest Death Eater to find (in 1-4 it was Barty Crouch Jr). I know you receive Bellatrix in the last level, and that Voldemort is easy to find in that same level, but those are probably the most expensive. Try searching Knockturn Alley, that's probably got a dark character token at a reasonable price.

And the ghosts show you how many collectiables you have found in that room or location. 3/5 Gold Bricks means that you still have 2 bricks to find.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old May 23rd, 2012, 5:11 pm
Third Year

Ahhh, awesome, thanks for the explanation! I just wish there was some sort of instruction manual that explains these things, because I just don't understand video games at all. Lol. My boyfriend and I played for about 4 hours last night! He did some googling and we found most of the red bricks that multiply your stud value, so we ended up with about 3 BILLION studs in no time! Almost makes it kind of unfair and too easy, no? We then went and bought practically every character that we managed to unlock. I felt like a millionaire shopping to my heart's content!

I LOVE THIS GAME!

ThestralQuill
11 1/2" Sycamore and Unicorn hair, surprisingly swishy

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more,
that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."
Old May 27th, 2012, 5:39 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Finally got Years 5-7! Flippin' excited because I wanted forever for it to come out and then it was never released here for PC, and today I find it in the clearance section at one of the department stores! I'm stuck now though in the very first lesson, what the heck comes next after you make the potion!?

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:52 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I'm stuck again, I'm in the lake house with Snape. Where am I supposed find the barrel that he wants?

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies