Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Most moving moment in Goblet of Fire

Old November 25th, 2005, 6:04 pm
First Year

There was one part that was moving in both ways. The first time I saw it, I was in awe but the second time I saw the movie I burst out laughing that this part. It was when Harry said "Have it your way"...I'm sorry but I can't get over how brave yet hilarious that was.

Old November 25th, 2005, 6:17 pm
Second Year

neville dancing on his own in the dormitory and harry and ron were just standing there watching him!!!!and when he goes at the second task 'oh no ive killed harry potter!!!'

I could say 'I love you' - and I do. You're the only one I want - now and forever. The only future I want lies with you...
Take my heart with you. It follows you ... Always
I love a good romance, me

"...and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end."
Old November 25th, 2005, 6:26 pm
First Year

As over said as it is, the scene in which Harry comes back from the graveyard absolutely hit me. Whoever played Amos Diggory is a good half of the reason why that scene sold so well- he was absolutely brilliant in the part. He conveyed how much love and admiration Amos had for Cedric, it was absolutely heartbreaking to watch him realize his dead son was lying on the ground in front of him. I'm not one for crying at the movies, but that scene absolutely gutted me, both times I saw it. My absolute favorite scene of the entire movie, no matter how sad it is.

Along with Dan Radcliffe's face when Harry is first realizing his parents are next to him during the graveyard scene- so sad and touching, it really makes you feel for the poor kid. Especially with Lily calling him "sweetie", pushes it that much farther. It's minor, but I loved it.

"I have played my part well," said Snape. "And you overlook Dumbledore's greatest weakness: He has to believe the best of people. I spun him a tale of deepest remorse when I joined his staff, fresh from my Death Eater days, and he embraced me with open arms-"
HBP-31

Old November 25th, 2005, 6:58 pm
First Year

Amos Diggory embracing his son just before entering the maze... I knew what was going to happen so I was so sad and some people who hadn't read the books looked at me funny in a wrong way, as if I was crazy and I whispered to them: Guess who's about to die?

I hope I don't bump into those guys ever again...

Old November 25th, 2005, 7:26 pm
First Year

Definately the part in the graveyard. I thought they did a great job with that. Also, Harry coming back with Cedric's body. I was in tears!

I did also like the part after the Ball where Hermione was just going off on Ron and then turned it on Harry. The face he made was priceless.

I have to go see it again to remember more!

Old November 25th, 2005, 7:41 pm
Second Year

when Moody was torturing the spider. The look on Neville's face made me so sad. He has so much pain in his life as well and for once we really got to see that.

And of course at the end when Harry brought back Cedric's body and no one noticed that he was dead at first. I was balling my eyes out. Harry's crying in that screen on top of seeing Amos made me hurt like I had never hurted before for any of the movies.

Old November 26th, 2005, 9:00 am
Third Year

After Ron and Harry got done making up and Hermione goes "Boys" or something like that! Also, when Hermione starts yelling at Ron at the Yule Ball and when she spins around after Krum and her did something.

Old November 26th, 2005, 9:04 am
Fourth Year

Easily the most emotionally powerful scene, for me, was the Priori Incantatem scene... I mean, this is the first time Harry actually "sees" his parents and they speak to him... I am reduced to snuffles even as I type this...

Aboard the HMS Lockeddoor and the HMS Germany ... Figure those out, I'll give you $1,000...

My headmaster has a first name, it's A-L-B-U-S, my headmaster has a middle name, it's P-E-R-C-I-V-A-L, my headmaster has a second middle name, it's W-U-L-F-R-I-C, my headmaster has a third middle name, it's B-R-I- oh forget it, jeez get a shorter name headmaster....
Old November 26th, 2005, 12:28 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonysAngel
When Amos hugged Cedric right before the beginning of the third task.
Yep, that was heart wrenching

-A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
Old November 26th, 2005, 12:54 pm
First Year

When Amos hugged Cedric before the third task, when you knew what was going to happen. And of course, when harry brought him back, not letting go of him...and when Amos was crying "my boy, thats my boy".

When Harry and Ron are not talking t each other and Hermione screams 'Im Not An Owl!', ive been in that situation before, I know how she feels.

The argument at the bottom of the stairs after the yule ball, and the way Hermione is left crying as she throws her shoes off.

Where Voldemort shouts that he wants to see Harry as he dies and Harry gets up. "Have it your way"

The touch of the scar

Hermione's little giggle when walking in with Krum. Bless her.

and last but not least, Neville after seeing the curse, and practising dancing all by himself.

I think im done...lol

"Dont call me Nymphadora, Remus...Its Tonks"
Old November 26th, 2005, 1:02 pm
Second Year

When Amos hugged Cedric just before the third task. I began to cry because I knew it was their last moment together. And when Harry came with Cedric's body. Everyone was happy and then *BANG* they realise Ced is dead. And Amos crying and screaming. I cried with him

Old November 26th, 2005, 1:05 pm
Registered Animagus

Hermione after the ball (They've learned how to cry! It's a miracle!) or Harry crying over Cedric. No question.

FA CUP ROUND 3 - JANUARY 1ST 2009
WE'RE THE GREATEST EVER TEAM THE WORLD'S EVER SEEN - SOUTHEND UNITED FC

My blog:
http://thewritersodyssey.weebly.com/
Old November 26th, 2005, 1:07 pm
First Year

When harry brings cedric back and is crying over him.. It was so sad

Favourite Class: Charms
Favourite Teacher: Filius Flitwick
Pet: Witherwings (owl)
Broom: Firebolt
Old November 26th, 2005, 2:48 pm
Third Year

I have two moving moments. The first one is when Harry and Ron make up. They are just good friends, and I hate it when friends fight. It's because of friends that you usually have the strengh to keep on. Whenever I see friends making up after a fight I get all teary.

The second on is when Harry is holding on to Cedrics dead body. Eveyone is cheering and Harry is just holding onto him as strong as he can. He didn't want to be separeted from Cedric's body. It just made me sad. And tears fell from my face when Cedric's dad started to yell "My Son!" Oh... eveyone was crying.

Nitwit! Blubber!Oddment! Tweak!

My heart belongs to
Old November 26th, 2005, 2:49 pm
First Year

Yeah, Cedric's mourning was quite moving . . . they did that really well.

Old November 26th, 2005, 2:54 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I definitely found the most moving moment to be the Yule Brawl. Hermione screaming at Ron was very touching. They really laid the Hermione is mothering Harry on thick when they had her tell him to go to bed.

Other scenes that were touching were when Hermione was crying and she said "Boys". Just the bewildered look on her face was nice. In fact, I liked that whole scene with Ron and Harry making up. Also, Neville standing by the stained glass and when he moved the rain made the angel (or whatever) seemed like it was crying. That was a nice little touching scene.

A lot of people found the graveyard scene or Cedric return scene touching but I felt nothing. It felt much more moving in the book.

Cheers

Old November 26th, 2005, 4:29 pm
Third Year

For me it was definitely when Harry return rom the graveyard with Cedric's dead body and at first everyone starts cheering, then Fleur screams. And then when Harry is sobbing hysterically and won't let go (Dan's crying ability has improved so much since the 'he was their FRIEND!' days) and them Amos Diggory is screaming 'my son!!'. I was in tears!! :'( And also I found it so sad when Amos Diggory was hugging Cedric and was so proud of him before he went into the maze because I knew it was the last time he'd see his son alive!

Last edited by mia305; November 26th, 2005 at 4:31 pm.
Old November 26th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuichi
The part where Harry comes back with Cedric's body and everyone's cheering until Fleur notices Cedric's dead and starts screaming. That part gave me the chills - it was a powerful moment.

And Harry crying and all. Dan's gotten better with the 'fake crying' thing since PoA.

This part and when Neville stands up to dance during the lessons are the two most moving parts of the movie for me. Neville's moment shows how he has matured and isn't the frightened little boy he was in SS. When Harry brings the body back it's kind of foreshadowing the next year: how at first no one wants to believe or is able to see what has happened (with Voldemort rising again).

Old November 26th, 2005, 5:00 pm
First Year

From the graveyard and back.

Old November 26th, 2005, 5:04 pm
Second Year

OMG, whn harry started crying when he brought cedric back was tough, then when fleur screamed and Amos started up, i just was a mess in my mind, i was trying not to cry , but i think i did start to shake a little, Dan was sso much better this time around. Another one was when Neville went with moody and it showed the glass painting, like it was crying, that was moving.