Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

Old August 22nd, 2011, 8:00 pm
Second Year

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

I live about an hour and a half away and I have only been there once. It's really nice and I can't wait for the extension and all the new things they add to it. I heard that they are enlarging the park because they are taking parts of Islands of Adventure that no one seems to like: Sinbad and Dr. Seuss's Landing (hopefully). I think both these parts of the park are waste of space and IOA will definitely benefit (in profit) if they take out these two sections. The thing is a lot of little kids love Dr. Seuss's Landing so they may not remove it but I could see them take out Sinbad. Imagine a larger Wizarding World than it already is! I wish they had made a seperate Harry Potter theme park. That way, they could have Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Hogwarts (more in depth like we could go to the Chamber of Secrets and seperate classrooms), The Ministry of Magic, the Burrow, Malfoy Manor etc. I understand that it is a lot harder for people to visit because it's so far away from their homes, it's just that Florida is a tourist place and the weather here is so nice all the time and that's why JKR wanted it to be here.

©GryffnSoldier
| USE KNOWLEDGE FOR POWER |
PROUD SLYTHERCLAW

HereThere
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2011, 3:02 pm
First Year

I'm going again in September. I can't wait to go!

Old August 30th, 2011, 6:47 pm
First Year

I was supposed to go this October (it was supposed to be a first family trip to Disney and Universal).
But my Mom's fiance lost his job, so now I have a week and a half worth of vacation booked off for October the first and nowhere to go.

I'm rather disappointed, as I'd planned this trip perfectly, costs, travel arrangements, accomadations and all.

Although I guess maybe its a blessing in disguse, if they are actually going to be renovating. I'll wait, and make it a worth while trip in a few years. It'll be a once in a life time trip for me, so I might as well wait until it's the opportune moment.

..I don't wanna see you go, but it's not forever, not forever
Even if it was you know that I would never let it get me down
You're the part of me that makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry, no one needs to say goodbye..
.//. Pottermore Username: EchoDawn85 .//.
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:08 pm
First Year

Warner Bros Tour, London & Harry Potter World, Florida

Hello, please excuse me if there are countless other threads on this topic, I attempted to search but this is my first post (bar being sorted) so I am not clued up.

I managed to get through (finally after being on hold for an hour) and got tickets for the Warner Bros Tour in London. I was wondering if anyone else got theirs and what they are looking forward to seeing.

Whilst on a similar topic, I was at WW of HP in Florida in October and adored it and wanted to hear what other people thought.

Thanks

Old November 7th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Second Year

I've been thinking lately about purchasing a wand. There are a lot of shops that make hand-crafted wands in the internet but I was curious to know if you can purchase wands in Ollivander's in the WW. I like the handcrafted ones way better but still if you can purchase one in Ollivanders just after trying it like Harry did it might be worth it. Is there a possibility like this? Also I'd like more info in the things you can buy in the shop. I'm intending to go all dressed like a Hogwarts student (wand included) the day I finally manage to go there and I wanted to know if any of you did this and if so, if you bought your robes there or somewhere else.

'No story lives unless someone wants to read it. The stories we love best DO live in us forever. So whether you come by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you HOME.' - J.K.Rowling.
'And I just wanna say that, amm... I've loved every minute and thank you all very very much' -Dan Radcliffe

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Proud member of the POTTERMORE BATTALION
Old November 7th, 2011, 9:19 pm
First Year

I wish I sometime can visit the theme park!

Old November 7th, 2011, 9:36 pm
Snidget of Champions

Re: Warner Bros Tour, London & Harry Potter World, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinGill
Hello, please excuse me if there are countless other threads on this topic, I attempted to search but this is my first post (bar being sorted) so I am not clued up.

I managed to get through (finally after being on hold for an hour) and got tickets for the Warner Bros Tour in London. I was wondering if anyone else got theirs and what they are looking forward to seeing.
You may find a bit more discussion on the Warner Bros. Studio Tour in this thread: The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros Studio London.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justincase
I've been thinking lately about purchasing a wand. There are a lot of shops that make hand-crafted wands in the internet but I was curious to know if you can purchase wands in Ollivander's in the WW. I like the handcrafted ones way better but still if you can purchase one in Ollivanders just after trying it like Harry did it might be worth it. Is there a possibility like this? Also I'd like more info in the things you can buy in the shop. I'm intending to go all dressed like a Hogwarts student (wand included) the day I finally manage to go there and I wanted to know if any of you did this and if so, if you bought your robes there or somewhere else.
While Ollivanders does have wands, it is not the store where wands are actually purchased. Instead, you can buy wands (both character and specialty woods that correspond to birth dates) at Owl Post (which connects to both Ollivanders and Dervish and Banges) or one of the Ollivanders carts dotted around Hogsmeade. Or, you could purchase certain wands online at Universal's online Ollivanders store.

However, you are correct about buying a wand that chose you - but it is not a given. In the theme park, Ollivanders Wand Shop serves as a display/theatrics of going into the wand shop in groups of ~20 (every 5-10 minutes, which makes the queue for Ollivanders quite long, normally!). Out of that pool of 20, one individual gets chosen by an Ollivanders employee (generally this individual is young, though there are accounts of adults being chosen) to let a wand choose him/her. That up-and-coming wizard will end up having a wand at the end (specifically described by the Ollivander assistant), and that person then has the option of taking that wand into Owl Post and buying it (though it is not obligatory). What I find neat about having a wand choose you at Ollivanders (and buying that wand) is that you have an experience with that wand, and the wand also comes in an Ollivanders box that is dusty and scratched (unlike the others in Owl Post, where the wand boxes are unscathed).

As for the robes, I believe they cost around $100, so that dissuaded me from buying a set - especially in the summer heat of Florida!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old November 7th, 2011, 9:57 pm
Second Year

yeah, I've hear about the unbelievable prize of the robes. I just wanted confirmation.
And then about Ollivander's, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but just ONE out of the 20 persons gets to let a wand pick him/her? And then, if it's not you, does people like.. give t another try? I mean, entering the shop again. I'm not sure if I got that part.
Btw, I've just checked the link you gave me and I think it's very neat that they're selling the wands classified by date of birth according to the very same woods calendar JKRowling provided in her website. When I checked that site it said my wood was supposed to be reed and it's the same in the theme park. First disgusting berttie bott's all-flavour beans and now this. I really have the feeling that they might have done this better than I expected...

'No story lives unless someone wants to read it. The stories we love best DO live in us forever. So whether you come by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you HOME.' - J.K.Rowling.
'And I just wanna say that, amm... I've loved every minute and thank you all very very much' -Dan Radcliffe

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Last edited by Justincase; November 7th, 2011 at 10:05 pm. Reason: Forgot something
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justincase
And then about Ollivander's, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly but just ONE out of the 20 persons gets to let a wand pick him/her? And then, if it's not you, does people like.. give t another try? I mean, entering the shop again. I'm not sure if I got that part.
Sorry for the confusion! Yes, only 1 out of the 20 gets to let a wand pick him/her. The other 19 watch and, after the ceremony, everyone is shepherded out of Ollivanders and into Owl Post. I will outline the "ceremony" below in spoiler tags (read at your discretion):
Spoiler: show
The "ceremony" consists of the Ollivanders assistant choosing 1 of the 20 or so visitors to the wand shop. That person is then brought up to the front desk and the assistant gives a speech very similar to the one Ollivander gives in the book/movie. Then, the chosen individual is given a wand to try. He/she waves it and, for instance, says "Lumos!" But instead of creating a light, a lightning storm is created, so that wand is put back. Another wand is given; and this time the person says "Wingardium Leviosa!" but all the shelves collapse. Finally, a third wand is given and music and a golden spotlight comes on - that is the wand that chose the person. The wand is described, everyone applauds, and you all exit to Owl Post.

If you want to get chosen, you have to wait in line again (generally ~1 hour, though I am not sure of the current waiting times) and hope the Ollivander assistant chooses you the next time (for an example, I went in twice and did not get chosen - despite looking as excited and fanatical as possible! And I refuse to buy a wand until it chooses me, so I will likely be going into Ollivanders a lot next time I go to Universal.).

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138

Last edited by MrSleepyHead; November 7th, 2011 at 10:08 pm.
Old November 7th, 2011, 10:11 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
Sorry for the confusion! Yes, only 1 out of the 20 gets to let a wand pick him/her. The other 19 watch and, after the ceremony, everyone is shepherded out of Ollivanders and into Owl Post. If you want to get chosen, you have to wait in line again (generally ~1 hour, though I am not sure of the current waiting times) and hope the Ollivander assistant chooses you the next time (for an example, I went in twice and did not get chosen - despite looking as excited and fanatical as possible! And I refuse to buy a wand until it chooses me, so I will likely be going into Ollivanders a lot next time I go to Universal.).
Oh man 1 HOUR?! Well.. looks pretty much like Disney. I mean, yeah it was obvious there were going to be lines this long... I guess I just wanted to believe it was going to have a reasonable amount of people. My dream broken Anyway it's kind of a let down that only 1 gets to get chosen but still it makes sense. I mean, if everybody was so, then the lines would be like a thousand hours long. And I'm sorry that you didn't have the chance to get chosen. I'm sure you will at some point. Next time you should go with a fluorescent hat with swirling stuff and noises and a lot squeaking and super bright stuff around your body. I would love to see that Anyway I'll probably only get the chance to go once (maybe another time when I don't live with my parents anymore) so I'm not sure if it's really worth trying to get one there. We'll see. Anyway thanks for the info. It was very helpful

SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR!!

Old December 6th, 2011, 7:16 pm
Second Year

Just to let anyone know the announcement for the Hollywood park is starting at 2PM ET. I'm hoping they announce expansion to Orlando as well as my sister has promised to take me some time and I'd rather know if it is coming so I can wait for a while.

Does anyone know what 2PM ET is in GMT?

Twitter - @NiallJAdams
Old December 8th, 2011, 3:51 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by potter_gleek View Post
Just to let anyone know the announcement for the Hollywood park is starting at 2PM ET. I'm hoping they announce expansion to Orlando as well as my sister has promised to take me some time and I'd rather know if it is coming so I can wait for a while.

Does anyone know what 2PM ET is in GMT?
I'm sure everyone seen that they did indeed announce the expansion of *** Orlando Wizarding world and also *** closing of Jaw on the Universal Studios side.

Anyways i was on screamscape and they heard some interesting rumors. And screamscape usually are dead on when they hear "rumors" and don;t usually post them unless they have a pretty good source. Anways this is what they heard about the expansion in Orlando and it involves both parks! It sounds awesome!

Quote:
(12/5/11) In case you missed the late breaking announcement on Friday afternoon, but Universal Orlando announced that the Jaws attraction and the entire Amity themed area around it will be closing down forever after January 2nd to make way for a new attraction. While they were not ready to disclose what is in the works yet… I’ve done a good bit of digging since then and have come up with an amazing proposal that is going to both shock and likely amaze you at the same time.
If my various sources are correct, the Amity / Jaws area will be replaced by the proposed Phase 2 expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Now, before you flip out… lets go over it all, because for starters this really isn’t going to be the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at all. Instead, from what I’ve been able to gather, the new land to be build in Universal Studios Florida will actually represent the “London” side of the PotterVerse… including an entrance to the infamous Diagon Alley.
Diagon Alley, as seen in the movies, is home to infamous locations such as The Leaky Cauldron, Gringott’s Wizarding Bank and the true Ollivanders wand shop location, as seen in the films. The London location is also said to be home to King’s Cross station, where students would board the Hogwarts Express train from Platform 9 ¾.
Many of these locations have been mentioned in the rumored development plans for Phase 2 of the Wizarding World for months now, including an innovative indoor dark coaster ride said to take place inside Gringott’s Wizarding Bank. It’s no secret that the Wizarding World has been popular…so much so that it needed to be expanded to spread out the crowds, and come up with a way to provide new locations for guests to buy Butterbeer, Ollivanders wands and more. But it seems that Universal Creative really decided to try a new idea… and think really outside the box this time. Literally… because this new expansion is going to allow for guests in both parks to get a taste of the PotterVerse… but to get the ENTIRE experience, you’d going to have to have a 2-park ticket.
Speaking of having access to both parks… connecting the dots is said to be a true recreation of the Hogwarts Express, allowing guests with two park passes (and Universal Resort guests) to recreate the true journey from the Muggle world of London and actually board travel to the train station and board the train for a trip over to Hogwarts and the rest of the Wizarding World at Islands of Adventure.
Now if all that wasn’t enough, I’ve heard some rumors about another possible new attraction likely to go into this Phase 2 project, that may attempt to take advantage of the new 3D projection tunnel technology Universal created for King Kong 3D 360 at the Hollywood park earlier this year. I don’t know if this may be put to use during your train ride on the Hogwarts Express, or if this will be an entirely separate ride experience. (One source suggested it could be a trip on the 3-decker Knight Bus, but I’ve heard that this isn’t likely to happen).
Either way this is huge… and apparently it all has a rather aggressive construction timeline as Universal is said to be shooting to have it all up and running by 2014. I’ve also heard that an official announcement or teaser could be released very soon, so stay tuned!

Old December 20th, 2011, 9:31 pm
Third Year

So!

I am visiting the Park in the day or two after Christmas - due to it being a blackout date, it may not be so crowded; Does anyone have any experience with going in a blackout time period?

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:24 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworthy View Post
So!

I am visiting the Park in the day or two after Christmas - due to it being a blackout date, it may not be so crowded; Does anyone have any experience with going in a blackout time period?
black out as in blacked out for the annual passholders? well there will definitly be less locals during a black out period. Howevr, the reason it is a black out date is becuase its a popular time at the parks for tourists. So it evens itself out. If you are going over Christmas then prepare for it to be busy.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 4:21 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
black out as in blacked out for the annual passholders? well there will definitly be less locals during a black out period. Howevr, the reason it is a black out date is becuase its a popular time at the parks for tourists. So it evens itself out. If you are going over Christmas then prepare for it to be busy.
Hm. Can't be helped, I suppose. I know that lots of parks are doing things to shorten the wait while not taking away from the experience of the ride or attraction - I only hope that WWoHP does so too. A friend warned me that the morning may be busier than the afternoon.

CoS|Pottermore

Last edited by Clockworthy; December 23rd, 2011 at 5:10 pm.
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:18 pm
First Year

I am quite lucky to live at most 4 hours from WWoHP. I was supposed to go the day that it was open to the public, but unfortunately schoolwork and previous plans made me watch the premiere night from youtube :/ I vividly remember going to the park and seeing them build the attractions, seeing the walls hiding hogsmeade, and trying to peek through the holes of the crudely made wooden walls. I heard that they're going to make a WWoHP on California, so I hope to go there once it opens! <3

If I was a Time Lord, I know that I would go to the world's biggest library and just read.
I want to be remembered as the girl who was there when she was needed, and the one who was the nicest of all.
Old December 28th, 2011, 3:58 am
Third Year

So I went, and yes, it was very crowded - but that enhanced the experience, because there were lots of guests from around the world, and it was nice to see them getting excited about signs and shops!

I got my Slytherin scarf and a Butterbeer mug I wanted a wand - I thought they were a lot more than they ended up being - but overall, I couldn't justify spending that much for a piece of plastic (Never mind that the scarf cost more.)

I got on the Dragon Challenge twice - once on each coaster, and once on the Hippogriff ride (45 minute wait for a 45 second ride? Okay...)
The Forbidden Journey had a 2 HOUR wait.
Unless you were a single rider like me. I only remembered it when I saw a girl ask an attendant and step over a rope. I followed her, and you actually walk through Hogwarts. For a split second, at one point I even though “I’m going to be late for Potions.” I think I would have gladly stayed in the line knowing I was in Hogwarts.

Overall, it was really fun, regardless of the big crowds.

CoS|Pottermore
Old January 2nd, 2012, 7:10 pm
First Year

Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Soundtrack?

Hello! I'm new to the site but not to Harry Potter at all. I've been a huge fan of Harry Potter for as long as I can remember and am currently obsessed with the Wizarding World. Does anyone know what songs play throughout the ride? At first it plays "The Prologue" from the first movie and at the very end it plays "The Quidditch Match" as it re-enters the station. I'm doing this because I am trying to make a studio version of the ride soundtrack. There are many youtube videos of it (I would look off of CoasterViews it has really clear audio). Thanks!
Dylan

Old January 4th, 2012, 8:57 am
Second Year

I went last week, and my friend and I spent two days at the Wizarding World. We literally pent 21.5 hours there... and we did everything there is to do. Below is my report... included are reviews of the rides, the shops, and the food (which I LOVED)!

Day One at WWoHP Dec 28, 2011:

My friend and I bought a vacation package, so we had three day access to the park and early admission to the park and to WWoHP. We got into the park at 9:00 because our breakfast reservation at the Three Broomsticks was at 9:30 am. We saw the Hogwarts Express first, and it was so exciting and it filled me with such joy! We then headed to the Three Broomsticks and had an amazing (free) breakfast. I had the traditional English breakfast (tomatoes, potatoes, black porridge, mushrooms, sausage, ham, scrambled eggs, and a croissant). My friend had the American breakfast (scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and a croissant). We both drank pumpkin juice, which tastes like heaven! Seriously, it’s like a pumpkin pie cider.
After eating we wandered around and tried to take everything in. We saw the Hogwarts choir perform, and they were so cute. We then went up to Hogwarts to do the forbidden journey ride, but it was not working at the time. So instead we walked back to Ollivander's and waited for 2 hours but I loved watching the wand ceremony and seeing the inside of the shop. It was magical! Well worth the wait in the cold. After the wand show we went into Dervish and Banges to get our own wands. My birthday wand is the Alder wand… which is the biggest creepiest wand in the shop. I bought it. After that, we went to the bathroom and got to hear Moaning Myrtle cry, and then we went and got some butterbeer in the souvenir mug to take with us while we waited in line for the forbidden journey ride. After waiting another 2 hours later we entered the castle… but we had to put our things in the free locker. My wand was too big to fit in the locker, so my friend and I had to split up and take turns while the other watched our stuff. Unforrtunately this meant we had to go through the single rider line, which does not tae you through the castle and taes you straight to the ride. The ride was awesome though: the acromantulas, Salazar Slytherins mouth, the quidditch match… so much fun! However, we really wanted to see the inside of the castle and planned to go back the day after next when we came back to the islands of adventure.
After the Forbidden Journey ride I wanted to ride the dragon challenge coaster even though I hate those big coaster… its HP and I had to do it all. So, my friend stayed behind with a butterbeer and I ventured forth. You have to go through the dragon challenge even if you don’t want to ride the coaster, because all of the GGoF props are there… the triwizard cup, the GoF, the gold eggs, the ceiling of the great hall (candles floating) and handmade posters cheering on the champions. After I rode the coaster (I did the blue one) I went back and got my friend so she could see. You also see Hagrid's Hut, and one of the actual Ford Anglias used in the films along the way. We then watched the choir again, though there were different students this time. We waited to see the Beaubaxtons and Durmstrang performance but it ended up being cancelled so we decided to wait and see them on the next trip, as well as ride the hippogriff coaster because the wait time was over an hour.
By this time we were hungry, so we headed back to the Three Broomsticks for dinner. We both got the turkey leg dinner, which was bigger than both of our ams put together. It was delicious. We also had pumpkin fizz to drink, which is like the pumpkin juice but carbonated. While in the three broomsticks make sure to watch the walls, every once in a while you can see house elves and brooms sweeping on their own. By this time, it was getting dark as we’d been there all day. We looked all around because it is beautiful at night, and then we went into Honeyduke's and Zonko's. I bought two pygmy puffs, pink and purple, a pygmy puff shirt, a limited edition (Dumbledore card) chocolate frog, a sugar quill, fire imps, bertie botts beans, and a bag of sours. After this we went back to the hotel because we were exhausted!

Day Two at WWoHP 12/30/11:
We arrived in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at 7:30 am and headed right to the forbidden journey ride (no big wands to get in the way today, haha!). This time we got to see the inside of the castle, where we saw the potions classroom door (which I posed in front of lol), the Mirror of Erised, the house points, the Fat Lady, the one eyed witch, the architect statue, the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, Dumbledore's office including the Penseive and all of his other trinkets which were amazing to see, and the sword of Gryffindor. The Dumbledore projection that talks to you is amazing; he looks like he’s actually there! We also saw the portraits of the four founders, who were bickering about Harry Potter and how great he is, lol. The portraits looked like portraits, not like video screens. In the next room we saw the trio, who told us they’d help us escape a boring lesson with Binns and that they’d take us to a quidditch match. At one point Hermione made Ron mad, and he made it snow! It actually fell from the ceiling on top of you! I was giggling like mad by this point. The ride amazing again, and no less thrilling. Once again I didn’t buy anything in Filch's Emporium, it was mostly Gryffindor stuff.  I am a slytherin! This was my one complaint... not enough representation of all the houses in the merchandise.
We went to the Flight of the Hippogriff roller coaster next, which is adorable. Hagrid's Hut and pumpkin patch are there, and Buckbeak is in his nest moving and making noise. In the background Hagid is talking about how to train a hippogriff. It's a short ride, but a lot of fun. After that I bought a Snape keychain, a Ravenclaw Quidditch keychain for my patner, and a slytherin prefect pin from one of the standing carts. By this time we were hungry and wanted to eat breakfast at the three broomsticks, but they had run out of breakfast food so we ate lunch instead (at 10am). We both had the Cornish pasties, which is three meat pies that came with a side salad. They were so good and flaky, yum! I had pumpkin juice again. We both got Florian Fortescue's strawberry peanut butter ice cream (JK' tested and approved), which is odd but delicious. I washed and saved the container it came in because.. well, Im a collector!
We then went into Dervish and Bangs againwhere I picked up a Quibbler, a replica of Rita Skeeter's quill/notepad, and 2 postcards which they postmarked from Hogsmeade. We saw the Hogwarts choir again (Ive got the performance memorized by now) and then we finally got to see the Beaubaxtons and Durmstrang show which was just like in the film! Unlike the previous day, it was really hot out so we got some more butterbeer! We then got our pics taken in front of the Hogwarts express with the conductor!. Bravely, I then rode the red dragon coaster which is much more fun than the blue one. The weirdo guy next to me was trying to get me to flail my arms while we were moving though, but I did not. I was clutching on for my life, lol.
After that we needed a small break, so we went to the back area behind the Hog's Head and the Three Broomsticks and sat down on the concrete wall. These two people then came up to us and offered to pay us $20if we sat and held their table for them (it was crowded), so we said yes. We used the money to buy our Hog's Head Brew in our commemorative Hog's Head Steins. The beer is a special brew just for the Hog’s Head, and it tastes a bit like Guinness but looks a little lighter and has a reddish hue. I found it to be stronger than a Guiness, though. After just a few sips I was already feeling it. I loved it and I wish I could have some right now!
After chilling behind the Hog’s Head and drining our beers for an hour, we went to watch Beaubaxtons and Durmstrang again. By this time the leader of the show remembered us and pointed us out. I also caught the eye of one of the Durmstrang boys who was so attractive… and he winked at me! I smiled at him shyly (I’m, not used to flirting), and he winked at me again, even though they are supposed to stay stoic! By this time I was already writing the MarySue fiction in my head, lol.
At 4:30 we went to the Three Broomsticks again. We both had the fish and chips which was amazing, and pumpkin fizz again. I really enjoyed the food, and found that you get a lot for what you pay. I am so glad we ate there so much! After dinner we walked up to Hogwarts again for the last time. I teared up while we walked away. Before leaving, we went into Honeyduke's again. I got another chocolate frog with the Ravenclaw card. I also got a bottle of pumpkin juice, another sugar quill, a jar of bow tie candies, pink coconut ice, and a chocolate cauldron. The chocolate cauldron was soooo good, OMG. When we checked out, the girl working the counter remembered us… just like the performers did earlier. Hahaha, I felt like a regular witch!.
As we were heading to the exit, the song "Leaving Hogwarts" came on and I started to cry, because I always cry when hearing that song. What are the chances of that? I now know just how Harry felt at the end of Sorcerer’s Stone. We ended up leaving at 6:30 which when added to the time from the previous day gave us a total of 21.5 hours spent soley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We didn’t see any of the other Islands of Adventure, and we didn’t care to. We came all the way down from KY just for HP.

Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
Old January 4th, 2012, 5:56 pm
Seventh Year

Thanks for the excellent review, potions_mistres!

Living in Kentucky myself, I have to be selective where I go on vacation, since travel is so expensive, and you've just sold me on Wizarding World.

I was a little disappointed to hear there are lots more Gryffindor objects to buy that items from other houses. Is it very significant? I'd want a scarf, key chain, wand, and Snape stuff.

Is there a huge selection of different types of wands?

What does Butterbeer taste like?

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies