Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

J.K. Rowling's Official Website Thread v.15

Old June 16th, 2011, 12:56 am
Second Year

Re: J.K. Rowling's Official Website Thread v.15

I'm kinda of freaking out right now.

When did the clue hunting start. I just find out about it. I think its that new pedia book she promised. Maybe she decided to release it on the website instead.

RIP Michael Jackson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:04 am
Second Year

On her site, the do not disturb sign isnt there anymore and inside the door there is the weasley family tree!! She did say the encyclopedia would include family trees and backgrounds. A clue???

"We dont want any more dobbys, do we? We cant order them to die for us-"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"

Sorted!
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:11 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlvinpotter View Post
On her site, the do not disturb sign isnt there anymore and inside the door there is the weasley family tree!! She did say the encyclopedia would include family trees and backgrounds. A clue???
Sorry to disappoint, but that comes up under a different date--some time in December of 2007. Right now the sign is still there for 6/15 and it'll probably be removed tomorrow for this announcement.

I personally wouldn't be that excited about an MMORPG. What on earth could be as exciting as a new book? Nothing...but we know already that tomorrow's going to be BIG because we're also getting a trailer for Part 2, so it'll just be a blur of excitment. If this announcement can match my excitment about the trailer, it's going to be some announcement. Although I am extremely anxious to see what it's going to be.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:12 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlvinpotter View Post
The "do not disturb" sign only appears after you've set the time turner to today's date.

I'm really hoping for the encyclopedia... I'm not thrilled with the idea of an MMORPG, and after all, an encylopedia wouldn't exactly count as a "new book" anyway, would it? Because it's not a book... it's an encylopedia.

Old June 16th, 2011, 1:14 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
Sorry to disappoint, but that comes up under a different date--some time in December of 2007. Right now the sign is still there for 6/15 and it'll probably be removed tomorrow for this announcement.
That's weird, I don't see the sign for 6/15, just the Weasley family tree!
Anyways...I'm not sure how I feel about this big announcement. I'm a bit afraid that we're all being set up for something that we won't end up finding that exciting.

Edit: Oh I see it now, but I can still enter the door.

Old June 16th, 2011, 1:15 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post

I personally wouldn't be that excited about an MMORPG. What on earth could be as exciting as a new book? Nothing...but we know already that tomorrow's going to be BIG because we're also getting a trailer for Part 2, so it'll just be a blur of excitment. If this announcement can match my excitment about the trailer, it's going to be some announcement. Although I am extremely anxious to see what it's going to be.
Ahh fair enough. Safe to say tomorrow is going to be exciting! I hope we do find out more about it tomorrow. Exciting times for potter fans :')

I dont see the dont disturb sign either on 6/15 either

"We dont want any more dobbys, do we? We cant order them to die for us-"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"

Sorted!
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:22 am
Third Year

I'm fairly confident it's not going to be the encyclopedia. But I do think it'll be something related to what she's been writing. (At least I hope) Maybe it'll be an announcement about a new book. Or maybe...a new series?! However, with all this "Pottermore" stuff--I have no idea what that's about. It's funny because I think this treasure hunt was supposed to go into tomorrow, and the 10 letter word was cracked within hours and speculation has been going on since it was first posted on MuggleNet.

*Nikky wanted a mention*
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:25 am
Fifth Year

POTTERMORE = Potter Multiplayer Online Role-playing Experience?

Or something like that. It also fits with the trademarkia description of what the trademark has been registered for:

http://www.trademarkia.com/pottermore-77788415.html

Mixed feelings about this. I kind of liked that the Harry Potter world was all about the books, and that JKR had always fought to keep it that way. If it's just a Facebook-style social networking site for Harry Potter fans, I don't know what that gives us that numerous fansites haven't given us over the years.

On the other hand, when playing the Sims I've often thought it would be wonderful if you could do magic like in HP, and that they should come out with a special HP version of the Sims. This could be like that. In which case I might be worried that I would get too sucked into it, and spend hours glued to my computer when I might be out in the world socializing with real people or reading books.

What do other people think?

I met J. K. Rowling!

She said you should read my fanfics:
Sirius Black and the Drapery of Doom The Werewolf Prank (by capella_black and Arithmancer)
Regulus Kills Again (One-shot) Lily Evans and the Golden Lyre

Pottermore: CatSnitch Black walnut with phoenix feather core, eleven inches, unyielding

Last edited by capella_black; June 16th, 2011 at 1:28 am.
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:28 am
Ordo Lebes

Quote:
Originally Posted by capella_black View Post
Ooh, good catch!

I've been thinking for years that it would be a wonderful idea to have an HP mmorpg. The wizarding world would make for a really creative and rich gaming experience. If they've really put a lot of effort and time into this, it could be amazing. If they rushed it, it could be a serious let down. For the moment I'm just going to enjoy the high of new HP things, regardless of what it turns out to be, because it's likely to be one of the last times we get stuff like this!

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:40 am
Fifth Year

One of the HPANA editors had a sneak peek and is saying:

Quote:
This editor has seen a sneak preview of Pottermore and it is breathtaking in scope, detail and sheer beauty.
I'm reeeeeally hoping it's the Scottish book, that would be the BEST, but I have a feeling it is going to be the online roleplaying game.

I met J. K. Rowling!

She said you should read my fanfics:
Sirius Black and the Drapery of Doom The Werewolf Prank (by capella_black and Arithmancer)
Regulus Kills Again (One-shot) Lily Evans and the Golden Lyre

Pottermore: CatSnitch Black walnut with phoenix feather core, eleven inches, unyielding
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:47 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Fury: Sorry, your post was the first I've seen of this whole treasure hunt thing.

Capella: I would almost bet money that this has nothing to do with books, certainly not the Scottish Book.

As for the name "Pottermore," I'll just keep my opinion to myself.

"It may have escaped your notice, but life isn't fair."
~ Severus Snape, OotP movie

Severus Snape ~ Bloomsbury Books Favorite HP Character

Severmore ~ NEW Harry Potter Network ~ LJ Dungeon
Old June 16th, 2011, 1:53 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by capella_black View Post
I love this idea. I've always been a fan of a possible MMORPG game.

Old June 16th, 2011, 2:16 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I honestly dont care what it is, but I love the idea. Just when one thinks it will all be over , she comes up with something like this, I think she is brilliant!

the days may go , the years pass, but Potter will always be in my heart.
Pottermore: Wingdawn148
Wand: sycamore core: Phoenix
surprisingly swishy
Old June 16th, 2011, 2:19 am
Until the very end

Hey guys, there's a new thread here if you want to discuss this new announcement

The stories we love best do live in us forever,
so whether you come back by page or by the big screen,
Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

Old July 20th, 2011, 11:43 pm
First Year

I'm surprised that nobody ever cared about this, but do you remember the WOMBAT tests that appeared on Jo's website? I think I've found a way to determine the actual correct answers. I'm not going to explain how I found them (it'd be very long and nobody here would understand a word), but I had to look at the files on Jo's website more thoroughly than anyone else before.
Anyway, they have a rather complicated marking scheme (as Jo herself said).

I've uploaded the marking tables for all three grades as an .xls file to my site. Here's the link:
http://renesans.uw.hu/wombat.xls

I hope you'll enjoy them!

Old July 21st, 2011, 10:07 am
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
I'm surprised that nobody ever cared about this, but do you remember the WOMBAT tests that appeared on Jo's website? I think I've found a way to determine the actual correct answers. I'm not going to explain how I found them (it'd be very long and nobody here would understand a word), but I had to look at the files on Jo's website more thoroughly than anyone else before.
Anyway, they have a rather complicated marking scheme (as Jo herself said).

I've uploaded the marking tables for all three grades as an .xls file to my site. Here's the link:
http://renesans.uw.hu/wombat.xls

I hope you'll enjoy them!
We remember it and cared about. I don't really get the table, but it must have been a lot of work.

Three grades? I am sure there were more.

The End of the Dream.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:11 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
We remember it and cared about. I don't really get the table, but it must have been a lot of work.

Three grades? I am sure there were more.
As you know, there were three WOMBATs (Grade 1, 2 and 3) and they were multiple choice tests. The tables in the workbook show how many points each answer worths in (there are three worksheets, one for each test).
The letters in the columns indicate the answers to the questions. So 'a' means the first answer, 'b' means the second, and so on.
The questions are numbered the same way as in Jo's site, apart from that I shortened 'Question x, Part y' type of questions as 'x/y' (so '1/3' means 'Question 1, Part 3'). Each question has one correct answer, unless the question says otherwise (e.g.: 'choose THREE'). In this case, there are the same number of correct answers as the question mentions and as you can maximally select.
Each correct answer worths maximum points, while there are some 'semi-correct' answers which can give you some points if you select them, but not the maximum. In WOMBAT Grade 3, there are answers that give you point penalties, so '-1' means selecting that answer will deduct 1 point from your total score.
The maximum score is 100 points in each of the tests, but they're graded differently. The small tables below the large ones show how each test is graded.
For example this is how WOMBAT Grade 2 is graded:

The first row means you'll only get a 'T' (short for 'Troll') if you score 0 points. If your score is between 1 points and 9 points you'll get a 'D', from 10 to 27 points you'll get a 'P', and so on (you'll need 61 points or more to achieve an 'Outstanding').

Old April 12th, 2012, 7:56 pm
Keeper of the Mignon Eggs

New version: J.K. Rowling's Official Website Thread v.16

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References