Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.9

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:16 pm
Malum Veneficus

Re: Pottermore v.9

How many 'batches' have been let in so far? There are the first beta-testers on the 15th, and on Pottermore insider it says another has been sent yesterday. Have there been more? I'm wondering if they're letting in more users once every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_mackrell
Im sure this has been asked before, but on Pottermore Insider they said they sent out some welcome emails at a specific time (17:15 bst)...so whoever got in did you get your email at that time? Or was there a delay like before? Since its only been about 3 hours since then Im still hoping to get an email :/
I was just looking at Pottermore Insider a few minutes ago, and I think it said the emails were sent on the 22nd, which is yesterday. So it seems like we'll have to wait a little bit longer, .

Thanks to my secret sigswitch maker, for the wonderful avatar and signature!

Sig/avatar pictures by Cassandra Austen.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:17 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrix93 View Post
How many 'batches' have been let in so far? There are the first beta-testers on the 15th, and on Pottermore insider it says another has been sent yesterday. Have there been more? I'm wondering if they're letting in more users once every week.

I was just looking at Pottermore Insider a few minutes ago, and I think it said the emails were sent on the 22nd, which is yesterday. So it seems like we'll have to wait a little bit longer, .
There were five so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
Duelling... l
Spoiler: show
ooks like the enabled more spells for us to practice. Curses are all unlocked now.

Needless to say, I will continue practising potions. Spells and I will never be friends.
The curses have been open since I unlocked spells yesterday (I got in with the batch yesterday) but dueling itself is still down...

CoS and Pottermore Sorted: Ravenclaw to the bones!
Wand: Alder with unicorn hair, ten inches, slightly springy.
Pet: Ginger cat

Last edited by dreaming heart; August 23rd, 2011 at 10:20 pm.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:24 pm
First Year

Quote:
Duelling... l
ooks like the enabled more spells for us to practice. Curses are all unlocked now.

Needless to say, I will continue practising potions. Spells and I will never be friends.
So you can be evil?

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:32 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecrab View Post
So you can be evil?
I wonder if they will allow you to kill off others in duels...I am guessing not.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:44 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverowl View Post
I wonder if they will allow you to kill off others in duels...I am guessing not.
Well now, we won't really know until GoF comes out in Pottermore, now would we? That's when Harry & Gang get their proper introduction of the Killing Curse.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:05 pm
First Year

my notifications are still broken on pottermore, i sent feedback... i wonder when they're going to fix it?

Pottermore Beta Tester!

Name: UnicornQuill
House: Slytherin
Wand: Laurel Wood with Unicorn Core 12 1/4 inches... Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:08 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus4everus View Post
my notifications are still broken on pottermore, i sent feedback... i wonder when they're going to fix it?
The trick is not to delete them all. I had the same problem and someone told me that once they got back to 29 they would reappear. They did.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:14 pm
Sixth Year

I really doubt they will add the unforgiveables to the list of spells available...thoughts? Or how about sectumsempra?

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingThestral72 View Post
The trick is not to delete them all. I had the same problem and someone told me that once they got back to 29 they would reappear. They did.
I've got 10 unread owls and before it started glitching i only had about 3

Pottermore Beta Tester!

Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:37 pm
First Year

Can someone post the number of people in each house? Like a resume for the new thread, I missed some pages. I saw something weird this morning, but maybe it was just my imagination, the Ravenclaw counter dropped to 3k students? O_o Are the counters still so tied to each other?

Old August 24th, 2011, 12:16 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus4everus View Post
How can you tell they are broken? I've never experienced a single problem on Pottermore, but maybe I'm just not noticing? The dueling being down is the only thing that has not worked for me. I wonder why only some people are experiencing problems if it's a system-wide error?

:: POTTERMORE INFO ::
NAME: CloakWing
HOUSE: Gryffindor
WAND: Cypress, 13 3/4 in., Phoenix Feather Core, Surprisingly Swishy
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:20 am
She Who Walks Behind

I figured that it must be user related as some brew potions without problems and others are stuck in limbo and can't do anything. I've never had probs with notifications either.

I wondered if ones should write them an email and to point out that ones having troubles as well. Maybe they have to check each account and fix it. But I feel stupid for complaining in person when the common rooms are spammed with "Potions are not working" comments.

The site is down for me. I take it as a good sign, that they are working on stuff.

The End of the Dream.
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:33 am
Seventh Year

Quote:

The site is down for me. I take it as a good sign, that they are working on stuff.
Potions is down for me. I tried a practice duel, and then dueling stopped working. I just tried to view my profile page, and now it isn't loading, either. So hopefully it's maintenance.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:37 am
First Year

Quote:
I figured that it must be user related as some brew potions without problems and others are stuck in limbo and can't do anything. I've never had probs with notifications either.

I wondered if ones should write them an email and to point out that ones having troubles as well. Maybe they have to check each account and fix it. But I feel stupid for complaining in person when the common rooms are spammed with "Potions are not working" comments.

Potions wouldn't load for me, and dueling never worked since I got on the site. It seems they're having glitches with/updating/fixing/doing whatever to the friends and user log-in database too, I've been having problems with friends displaying properly on the gateway page and had my correct username and password rejected a few minutes ago (worked after trying again though, so probably a bug). Hopefully that means they're doing maintenance...

Old August 24th, 2011, 2:12 am
First Year

Do we know enough yet for anyone to have theories on how they are letting people into the site? Is it still mostly people whoever registered day one, or are the emails more random than that? I'd like to hear what you guys think

"Think I did. 'One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin...'"
Wormtail was the only one who didn't laugh.
Old August 24th, 2011, 2:21 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID824 View Post
How can you tell they are broken? I've never experienced a single problem on Pottermore, but maybe I'm just not noticing? The dueling being down is the only thing that has not worked for me. I wonder why only some people are experiencing problems if it's a system-wide error?
I've been getting emails saying i have a few friend requests on pottermore.. i go to pottermore and there's a "10" next to the owl but when I click on it, it says "you have no notifications" O.o that tells me it's broken

Pottermore Beta Tester!

Old August 24th, 2011, 3:15 am
First Year

I so enjoy reading all the inside Pottermore info from all members who are "in".
Thank you all so much for letting us non-insiders know what's going on. Personally I am content to wait my turn. There seems to be lots of issues that the Pottermore team have to work on.
I wish those folks good luck.

Old August 24th, 2011, 3:53 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmGlow132 View Post
Do we know enough yet for anyone to have theories on how they are letting people into the site? Is it still mostly people whoever registered day one, or are the emails more random than that? I'd like to hear what you guys think
Most of the people I've seen are from day 1, but I didn't exactly go through everyone's profile (that'd be a bit creepy) so I don't know what to tell you. People who registered from day 1 seem like the majority based on probability though...

Old August 24th, 2011, 4:32 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming heart View Post
Most of the people I've seen are from day 1, but I didn't exactly go through everyone's profile (that'd be a bit creepy) so I don't know what to tell you. People who registered from day 1 seem like the majority based on probability though...
Ha, yeah I guess that would be a tad creepy. I just remember people who had gotten their emails where posting here what day they had registered and I wondered if anyone put all that together. I got in day two so I guess them letting people on the site in order is better for me than random.

"Think I did. 'One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin...'"
Wormtail was the only one who didn't laugh.
Old August 24th, 2011, 5:16 am
First Year

okay so i'm done messing with pottermore for awhile. tonight really just did me in, nothingggg was working for me...the notifications, potions, spells. nothing. my page kept saying it vanished and tried to send me to my gateway but my gateway was a vanished page too. then i went to my common room and thought id just hang there til it started working again, yeah, no. it pretty much kicked me off and when i tried signing back in, it said i was already logged in...but i wasnt. so i'm not messing with it tonight.

my complaints::
basically my point is, i know we are beta testers and this stuff is typical, like this is supposed to be a trial period, i get that. the thing is, i feel like this site is totally not ready at all, it seems to be in the beginning stages!! and the site opens to all in october? they cant even give early access to people yet because theres so many problems and things are falling apart. i think this site is really going to be a flop. unless they add some more interaction, then they will really not have a lot of members. i feel terrible because i am a die-hard fan...and i am just so dissapointed with the site itself and the pottermore team being so seemily behind. i'm not trying to bash on pottermore im just saying the real problems we are all facing and really the reality of the site itself.

Length: 12 1/4 in. Wood:Black Walnut
Core:Unicorn Flexibility:Hard

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References