Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

Old July 7th, 2007, 7:22 pm
First Year

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

I really, really hope Harry won't die. I love happy endings ^^

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2007, 8:54 pm
First Year

There are two possibilities/theorys I have, I will post both:

With the clues that JKR gives us, it is most likely that Herry survives, due to the prophecy. The prophecy clearly states that one will live while the other dies, and i am almost positive that Voldemort isn't going to live. The entire series is basically based on the defeat of Lord Voldemort. If Harry does die before defeating Voldemort, there is no way for Voldemort to be deafeated.

OR, Remembering in the fifth book when Harry and Dumbledore took the prophecy to peices and studied it closely, it appears that Neville could also be the one to defeat Volemort. Dumbledore's opinion on this metter is that Neville IS NOT the person in the Prophecy due to the fact that Voldemort PICKED Harry therefore making him part of the prophecy. I beleive it is very unlikely for neville to be the person spoken of in the prophecy.

Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.

Ron + Hermione=
Old July 7th, 2007, 9:08 pm
Secret Keeper

i think that Harry will die, this may be a kids book, but I still think that he will die,or if he doesn't die, Voldemort won't either, i think

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old July 7th, 2007, 9:57 pm
Third Year

Yes, I think ity is the only way that we can eradicate Voldemort completely.
They have a connection, through Harrys scar, even if it isn't a horcrux, it is still a connection that will live on through Harry if he continues to live after having thwarted Voldemort.It would still be a story of good overcoming evil, even if Harry did die.

And look at this practically, If Harry was to survive after the seventh book, there would be a ridiculous amount of people that wouls try and carry on the story and I'm sure that JKR wouldn't want that. It should begin and end as her work, her imagination and it would do a discredit to the world of Harry Potter if this were allowed to happen.

I know that its really sad and I'm sure that I'll be crying bucket loads when it does hapopen, but I think it is inevitable.

Old July 7th, 2007, 10:26 pm
Third Year

i don't think harry would die...and for those that would want to carry on the series, i think JKR would do something to Harry that would stop it, he would not die but probebly get really injured, or go mental. Thats what i think. JKR is too good to start such a series and end it with the main character dying.

Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow, Like fragile tiny shells, Drifting in the foam.
Little soldier boy, come marching home
Brave soldier boy, comes marching home.

We miss you Uncle Iroh

Proud member of OFINOA (obsessed fans in need of Avatar)

Germany to win Euro 08
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:30 pm
First Year

I don't think Harry Potter will die for these three reasons:

1) It would essentially make all seven books unreadable after going through it once, because all that investment in the Harry Potter character for ten years will come to naught.

2) It is, after all, still a book for younger readers. I don't think younger readers take to Potter's untimely demise very well.

3) Rowling does NOT want to go down in infamy like what happened to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who had to face a totally outraged public when he wrote the short story "The Adventure of the Final Problem," which was supposed to kill off the famous Sherlock Holmes character. That outcry was strong enough that Doyle had to revive Sherlock Holmes, and one wonders if Rowling wants do something like this.

Given the outrage over the unsatisfactory ending to The Sopranos TV series that made series creator David Chase a LOT of enemies, the last thing Rowling wants is to alienate perhaps the largest fan base of any novel author in the world right now.

Last edited by SactoMan001; July 8th, 2007 at 10:44 pm. Reason: correct spelling
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:31 pm
First Year

no. he will not die.

MY NEW LINK TO MY NEW STORIES. PLEASE ENJOY
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:09 pm
First Year

i'm not sure what it think on the dying incident right now, but solace_forever, i don't agree with your point. why make him mental or something instead of him dying? that's practically as bad as death.. that's like the longbottoms.. nothing good would come of it. oh, he's still alive, but he's not in any real state to anything.. yeah.. i don't like that theory.

Old July 8th, 2007, 1:59 am
First Year

Until I re-read all the books in a row again, I though Harry would die. Now, I don't think so. However, in the J.K interview last night, she said that in ten years she may want to enter 'that universe again', or something. She didn't say 'Harry's world', and I think she did earlier; and that could then mean he does die. I doubt it, though.

Old July 8th, 2007, 3:14 am
First Year

My main problem with Harry dying is that it kinda makes Lily's sacrifice go in vain.Yeah sure he may save the wizarding world and all but i highly doubt that Lily threw herself into the line of fire because she wanted he son to save the world.She did it because she loved him and wanted him to live a long happy life of his own.Throughout all of the books, Harry's life has never been his own.He has always been bogged down by Voldies lust for revenge and vindication.After book 5, he knew for certain that it was his responsibilty to destroy the dark lord.After all of the pain and devastation he has suffered why take away the chance for him to live ?I mean truely live without the threat of death and destruction to those he loves.Some people say he would be happy because he would rejoin his family in the afterlife and so on but i can't help but think that Lily would not be happy with her son joining her after only living for 17 years and never really living at that.However, that is simply my simple opinion.

Old July 8th, 2007, 5:28 am
First Year

I hope not.

Professor McGonagall is amazing.

"I wonder, how you can expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking."

"I should have made my meaning plainer. He has achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."

"Are you quite sure you wouldn't like a cough drop, Dolores?"
Old July 8th, 2007, 6:27 am
Third Year

There is no way I ever thought JKR would really kill off Harry. There are so many ways to end evil, LV and the series and keep him alive and happy. I don't think there would be a point in re-reading the series if Harry was just going to die.

Then...I recently read an interview with JKR about the end of the book. She so kills him. I know she does. The reaction she has to a chapter near the end of the book is too extreme for anything other than killing Harry. She said "it had been planned for a long time". That has to be the end of Harry. I just don't see the point if Harry dies. If he dies, evil wins whether LV is dead or alive.

Proud member of Ravenclaw
Old July 8th, 2007, 10:31 am
First Year

I've always thought that Harry would/should live. It's just right that he would after Lily's sacrafice and all that has happened.

Though Jo worried me in her interview when she said something about thinking Harry story has a "very clear end" :S

Old July 8th, 2007, 10:51 am
Sixth Year

I want Harry to live so much that it hurts. But we have to analyze the plot here. DD told Voldy that there are things worse than death itself in OoTP. That made me think-alot. Why would DD say such a thing? Then it struck me. Death of a loved one. Death of a friend. That was worse, much worse than death itself.

This brings us to the plot. Harry would have to suffer, even if he lived, because 'two main characters will die'. Hermione talked about survivor's guilt didn't she, when they were discussing about Tonks on Harry's first morning in the Burrow. Would Harry feel sad, angry, guilty and dejected that the two main characters died and he lived, if he were not one of the two? I dunno, we have to wait till July 21st! Only 13 days from now, YAY! (BTW, I'm typing this at Singapore time, so forgive me if I'm typing a day ahead or a day after.)

Old July 8th, 2007, 11:16 am
Second Year

I'd like to think that he survives but JK gave an interview with Jonathan Ross and when he asked if there was a future for the Harry Potter books she said that the ending of the book was very clear with no loose ends. She also said that Harry's story was pretty much finished.

I know she could mean anything from this; his story is finished because Voldemort is dead so there's nothing to fight anymore. But I couldn't help but draw the conclusion that he will die. There just seemed to be a finality to what she said.

Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

Stupid shiny Volvo owner
-- Bella Swan

Robert Pattinson in Harry Potter and Twilight?
I'm good with that

Old July 8th, 2007, 11:51 am
Second Year

Don't you dare die Harry! I don't think I'll be able to stand it!!!!

I'll go to desperate measures just to believe Harry wont die.

I'm not in love with happy endings, have as much bad dark stuff happen at the end as you like but let Harry out of the final battle unhurt!!!!

Old July 8th, 2007, 2:22 pm
Suteki da ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyadelta View Post
Though Jo worried me in her interview when she said something about thinking Harry story has a "very clear end" :S
I was going to say that...and I have always thought that Harry is going to die at the end, so this has pretty much convinced me that he will die. I think that she was having difficulty putting into words what she wanted to say without giving anything away...

If you change your mind
Old July 8th, 2007, 2:34 pm
First Year

Yeah, Tbh I think he will probably die, I don't want him to though, even though he is by all means not my favourite character, but I think it would just be too good if her were to live. Still, fingers crossed =] (yn)

Old July 8th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Suteki da ne

He's not your favourite character by any means? There wouldn't be a series if it wasn't for him

If you change your mind
Old July 8th, 2007, 3:14 pm
First Year

I doubt that Harry dies. It's dramatic and if he dies, then Voldemort will live an that would not be a goo ending to the Harry Potter series. (Not that any ending could be bad when JKR writes it) There may be a possibilety that Neville is a part of the prophecy. Maybe Harry is supposed to find the Horcruxes, but Neville is supposed to take Voldemort in the end.

"I'm not the monster he wants me to be. So I'm neither man nor beast. I'm something new entirely. With my own set of rules. I'm Dexter, booh"

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies