Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Magical Masterpieces > Art History

10 SELF-MADE Umbridge's Proclamations Prop Replicas.

Old June 8th, 2009, 3:51 am
Third Year

10 SELF-MADE Umbridge's Proclamations Prop Replicas.

Hey, guys I am REALLY proud of these!! Here's a picture of a set of 10 SELF-MADE Proclamations Replicas featured in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and some of them only feature for like 2 or3 seconds in the film.
Here's the picture, and i must apologize for all the tagging and stuff, but ive had problems with people stealing my stuff and calling it their own, not that i dont trust you guys, all of you are awesome, i just do it for safety:

Here's a bit on their creation:
I was reading through a forum thread where hundreds of members were making and showing Paper Props from films (including a Hogwart Train Ticket, and a Hogwarts letter) but no one had done the Proclamations, so i thought i'd do it, it'd be a nice additiopn to my collection, and i knew that i wouldn't print them at all until i was completely pleased with them.
So, i began making measurements and figuring out the bordering of them, and got all the lines on there, along with the pointing hand and the "No." on there. Then, came the hard part, figuring out what everything said (The little print on the bottom) and figuring out the font of it. Now, the top bit was easy, but the font for the numbers i couldn't find anywhere so i digitally drew out all the numbers on all 10 of them. Then came the actual part that was being Proclamed, and those were a bit annoying because every line had different styles of lettering, but i figured it out or got close to it in the end. The symbols below each proclamation, were also drawn by hand (as well as some of the Proclamation fonts, because some of them couldn't be found anywhere.) And i found the Ministry symbol somewhere in High Quaility, then i combined a few different fonts to get the Dolores Jane Umbridge signature. Then for a final touch i grunged the numbers and the ministry logo to make them appear as though they've been stamped on the page, the grunge and posistioning of the numbers and on the ministry logo was also altered on each one just as in the film. If you'd like to know more information PM me.

Hee's a comparison shot (Untagged) of a Proclamation from the film, and the same replica i made:

Hope you guys like them!Maybe later ill consider posting the original image of one of the Porclamations for you guys to print off, if you'd like. Only one though. Lol

"The Boy Who Lived Is Almost Here"

I've Been Sorted and I am a very proud Gryffindor!

Last edited by harry5678; June 8th, 2009 at 4:39 am.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2009, 4:12 am
Registered Animagus

Re: 10 SELF-MADE Umbridge's Proclamations Prop Replicas.

These are really, really cool I'd love to print one off on parchment paper (if you do indeed post one original ) Maybe you could consider putting one up for say a week the taking it down?

Old June 11th, 2009, 11:19 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
These are really, really cool I'd love to print one off on parchment paper (if you do indeed post one original ) Maybe you could consider putting one up for say a week the taking it down?
Of course i will, is there a certain one you'd like to request of the 10, or would you just want me to put up a random one? In case you can't read them clearly here's their transcriptions and how rare they are to see in the film:

-No. 23: Dolores Jane Umbridge Has Been Appointed To The Post of Hogwart High Inquisitor
This Proclamation is seen full on by the camera, also can be seen in the trailer, quite easy to see and find
-No. 24: No Music Is To Be Played During Study Hours
This Proclamation can be seen full-on (but slightly transparent as it is played over Umbridge) during the Umbridge High Inquistor Montage.
-No. 30: All Weasley Products Will Be Banned Immediately
This Porclamation can be during the High Inquisitor Montage As Well, right after Number 24, This Proclamation Is Also Transparent as well.
-No. 39: Wands to be Confiscated from students casting Recreational Spells. All magical objects to be held by the High Inquisitor Until Farther Notice.
This Proclamation is not seen very clearly in the film, it's seen in a shot where Filch is standing on a ladder after hanging one, and there are three proclamations next to him, which are somewhat hard to read.
-No. 45: Proper Dress & Decorum is to be maintained at all times.
This Proclamation is also seen as transparent during the High Inquisitor Montage.
-No. 68: All Student Organizations Are Henceforth Disbanded. Any Student Found In Noncompliance will be expelled.
This Proclamation can be seen after Umbridge Discovers some of the DA members walking back from there recruiting meeting, she whispers something to Filch who is then seen hanging up this Proclamation. A decent Full On shot is given.
-No. 76: Any Student Found In Possession Of The Magazine The Quibbler, Will Be Expelled.
Although Harry's secret interview with Rita Skeeter wich ends up in The Quibbler is omitted from the film, the proclamation is indeed present in the movie. It is also seen slighty blurry during the same shot of Filch standing next to three proclamations while on a ladder.
-No. 82: All students will submit to questioning about suspected illicit activities.
This proclamation is also given a decent straight-on shot, during the Montage of Filch trying to catch the D.A. Members.
-No. 98: Those Wishing to Join The Inquisitorial Squad for Extra Credit may sign up in the High Inquisitor's Office.
This Proclamation is also featured during the Filch trying to catch the D.A. members montage.
-No. 119: Dolores Jane Umbridge Has Replace Albus Dumbledore As Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry.
These Proclamation has two different versions, the version i made (which I like better then the version featured in the film) seems to only be featured in like a frame of the Teaser Trailer. In the film this Proclamation is shown during the scene right after Dumbledore's Escape, you'll notice however the fonts slighty differ from my replica, this is another version made for the film.

So yeah those are the Proclamations you can chose from, but i'm also working on two more "Exploding Bon-Bon's are not permitted to Explode. Hand In to the Ministry Disposal Unit." which is virtually unseen in the film. and "Students Are Not Allowed to be Within 8 inches of Each other." which is stated by Umrbidge (via Loudspeaker) but never seen in the film. So just get back to me with which one you'd like me to post and i'll get it up.

Old June 12th, 2009, 6:07 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I applaud you for going through all the work for this. They really look professional.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old June 12th, 2009, 6:59 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
I applaud you for going through all the work for this. They really look professional.
Thanks so much, I appriciate the compliments (and critisism, if anyone has any), but yeah thanks that makes me feel like they look like they do in the film (which I think they do. lol)
dont forget i will be posting ONE high-res original for you guys to print off if you'd like one, so request one! lol, but yeah it turns out, there's two that i recently saw in the background of the film(which took me forever to figure out what they were saying) so i'm working on those, and i'm also making a custom "Boys and Girls are Not Permitted to be within 8 Inches of eachother" which is said in the film but never seen, and then i'm going to make a few that were in the book, but not put into the film, so yeah i've gt about 6 more im making. lol

Last edited by harry5678; June 12th, 2009 at 7:01 pm.
Old June 12th, 2009, 7:54 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Wow, you're really putting a lot into this.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old June 12th, 2009, 8:15 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
Wow, you're really putting a lot into this.
Lol, yup, i want them to look as close as possible to the way they look in the film.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Magical Masterpieces > Art History