Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Identifying & Tracking Down the Remaining Horcruxes v.6

Old June 15th, 2007, 2:15 am
Sixth Year

Re: Identifying & Tracking Down the Remaining Horcruxes v.6

Okay, this is probably one of those subjects where you guys get thread newbies appearing every now and then and repeating something that's been rehashed hundreds of times, but bear with me... this just appeared in my head right now, and the search is acting wonky.

So, Ollivander and Luna have similar descriptions, right? Mr Ollivander is described as having, "wide, pale [misty] eyes", and Luna's eyes are described as "protuberant" "misty" "pale" and "silvery grey." They're also both kind of weird, but that's neither here nor there.

And Ollivander disappeared in HBP. Ollivander is the owner of the wand shop. The Ravenclaw Horcrux might be Rowena's wand (wands are often air in the tarot deck... air the element is intellect, thought, etc... gah, I'm sure you know all this). Luna's mother was talented... I don't really know where I'm going with this, but Luna is a Ravenclaw, she has a similar description to the owner of the wand shop, and the Ravenclaw Horcrux might be her wand. Luna keeps her wand behind her ear... I'm not sure what that means. She's a loon who cares very little about wand safety? (Someone introduce her to Moody, stat!) Yeah, anyway... am I making any sense? I'm not sure whether it means anything, and like I said, this is the kind of thread where this kind of thing gets repeated, but I wanted to see whether anyone smarter than I had expanded upon this - or debunked it, I guess, because I'm not entirely sure what I'm going on about here...

Edit: Now I wish I knew Ollivander's first name. What we have almost seems like a semi anagram of Luna's name, doesn't it? Or is that my sleep-deprivation talking? (It's 2am here.)

Move on, move on
No there's nothing changing

Last edited by Spritey; June 15th, 2007 at 2:23 am.
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2007, 2:30 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritey View Post
Okay, this is probably one of those subjects where you guys get thread newbies appearing every now and then and repeating something that's been rehashed hundreds of times, but bear with me... this just appeared in my head right now, and the search is acting wonky.

So, Ollivander and Luna have similar descriptions, right? Mr Ollivander is described as having, "wide, pale [misty] eyes", and Luna's eyes are described as "protuberant" "misty" "pale" and "silvery grey." They're also both kind of weird, but that's neither here nor there.

And Ollivander disappeared in HBP. Ollivander is the owner of the wand shop. The Ravenclaw Horcrux might be Rowena's wand (wands are often air in the tarot deck... air the element is intellect, thought, etc... gah, I'm sure you know all this). Luna's mother was talented... I don't really know where I'm going with this, but Luna is a Ravenclaw, she has a similar description to the owner of the wand shop, and the Ravenclaw Horcrux might be her wand. Luna keeps her wand behind her ear... I'm not sure what that means. She's a loon who cares very little about wand safety? (Someone introduce her to Moody, stat!) Yeah, anyway... am I making any sense? I'm not sure whether it means anything, and like I said, this is the kind of thread where this kind of thing gets repeated, but I wanted to see whether anyone smarter than I had expanded upon this - or debunked it, I guess, because I'm not entirely sure what I'm going on about here...

Edit: Now I wish I knew Ollivander's first name. What we have almost seems like a semi anagram of Luna's name, doesn't it? Or is that my sleep-deprivation talking? (It's 2am here.)
I don't think this is too far-fetched. There has been so much importance in family and so little information about each character's. If luna was related to Ollivander, I think she would have told someone this information when he was kidnapped.

If the horcrux is rowena's wand, i think it's appropriate for luna to be of great use, perhaps forging a connection with Ollivander? Does this mean Ollivander was a Ravenclaw? That would make lots of sense.

all little red-haired girls have a bit of Ginny in them

Old June 15th, 2007, 2:40 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Okay first off, Hello Newbies are fun, they bring all sorts of information.

Yes, I was able to follow you train of thought and I found it rather interesting. The similarites and all. Since I think it is highly possible that the RR relic is a wand and have also favored the idea that Luna would come into play at some point with the relic. Because not only is she in Ravenclaw, but we know her mother died while experimenting on a spell. I like the theory that it may turn out she was experimenting the relic itself. I think it is curious that her and Ollivander look alike, yet I feel she may have said something about it when Neville reported him missing (wasn't she in the same room at the time?). I don't know about her actual wand being the relic, for one thing I think it will be jewel (sapphire) embedded and it would be protected by spells and enchantments. I think the whole Ollivander tie in is curious and will have to think on it for awhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by errin View Post
If the horcrux is rowena's wand, i think it's appropriate for luna to be of great use, perhaps forging a connection with Ollivander? Does this mean Ollivander was a Ravenclaw? That would make lots of sense.
I too thought he seemed very Ravenclawish (it that's a word). I am playing with the notion that he might even be a decedent.

Old June 15th, 2007, 2:47 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
Newbies are fun, they bring all sorts of information.

Quote:

I too thought he seemed very Ravenclawish (it that's a word). I am playing with the notion that he might even be a decedent.
That struck me too right after I had entered my previous post. I can also see Luna as a decendant. I think she's so odd a Ravenclaw, that there has to be a really powerful underground spring of knowledge or meaning in her. We know she's pure-blood so it's entirely possible. I always thought of Ravenclaw's as extremely intelligent and insightful but not so much "street smart" because I always saw "street smart" and cunning as a Slytherin thing. This is appropriate considering air is their element and most Ravenclaw's seem pretty "airy" to me.

hmmmmmm

Old June 15th, 2007, 3:24 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by errin
Rereading that scene, he does kind of give that vibe, definitely. I don't know whether I'm confusing "scary" with "intelligent", though *embarrassed smile*

Quote:
We know she's pure-blood so it's entirely possible.
I don't think she's a pureblood, is she? I don't think we've had any canon on that...
Quote:
Okay first off, Hello Newbies are fun, they bring all sorts of information.

Yes, I was able to follow you train of thought and I found it rather interesting. The similarites and all. Since I think it is highly possible that the RR relic is a wand and have also favored the idea that Luna would come into play at some point with the relic. Because not only is she in Ravenclaw, but we know her mother died while experimenting on a spell. I like the theory that it may turn out she was experimenting the relic itself. I think it is curious that her and Ollivander look alike, yet I feel she may have said something about it when Neville reported him missing (wasn't she in the same room at the time?). I don't know about her actual wand being the relic, for one thing I think it will be jewel (sapphire) embedded and it would be protected by spells and enchantments. I think the whole Ollivander tie in is curious and will have to think on it for awhile...
Okay, good, I wasn't as incoherent as I thought. I get the feeling I was babbling there Anyway, you're right, of course - Luna was present when Neville told them about his new wand, only she didn't say anything in relation to it. I'm not entirely sure whether I think she's blood related to Ollivander, though... and if she is, I don't know whether she knows about it. Like I said, the connections between them suddenly seemed to have a common thread (I've always wondered whether there might be something there, due to all the things I listed up there) and I wanted to get it written down before I forgot, so other people could have a look at it.

As for Luna's mother... I did get the search to work, and one of the theories is that she was killed by the protection placed on the Horcrux, right? That could work, I could definitely see that. If she was in any way connected to Ollivander, that could possibly be where she got the Horcrux (which I'm assuming is the wand here) in the first place.

Rereading something I wrote a while back, I also got this:

Diagon Alley, PSAn old man was standing before them, his wide, pale eyes shining like moons.

Luna is Latin for moon ^_^ (And I'll tell you what's weird, googling "Luna name meaning" to check for sure and getting your own site returned in the results... heh. I am an idiot.) It's the repeated "large, pale eyes" thing that gets me, that's how Luna is usually described. Maybe Jo just likes the phrasing.

Move on, move on
Old June 15th, 2007, 3:37 am
First Year

Quote:

I don't think she's a pureblood, is she? I don't think we've had any canon on that...
Actually the only reason I know this is because I finished a re-read of OotP about two days ago. (runs to grab book)

it's on pg.863 of the US version but basically harry has just talked to Nick about Sirius being a ghost when he runs into Luna. After she brings up Sirius, he remembers she can see thestrals and asked her who she'd seen die. She responds it was her mother who had killed herself on accident when experimenting with charms. She describes it as "very awful" and also says her mom was a remarkable witch.

The point is: her mom died using magic so it's safe to say she was a witch. and to be as involved in the wizarding world to put out a magazine, i think it's obvious her dad is a wizard.

Also it seems like both her father and mother seem very "out there" but actively exploring which probably accounts for her intuitive nature (it seems that her parents might have had the same "airiness" a lot of ravenclaw's posess)

Last edited by errin; June 15th, 2007 at 3:51 am.
Old June 15th, 2007, 3:56 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by errin View Post
Actually the only reason I know this is because I finished a re-read of OotP about two days ago. (runs to grab book)

it's on pg.863 of the US version but basically harry has just talked to Nick about Sirius being a ghost when he runs into Luna. After she brings up Sirius, he remembers she can see thestrals and asked her who she'd seen die. She responds it was her mother who had killed herself on accident when experimenting with charms. She describes it as "very awful" and also says her mom was a remarkable witch.

The point is: her mom died using magic so it's safe to say she was a witch. and to be as involved in the wizarding world to put out a magazine, i think it's obvious her dad is a wizard.

Also it seems like both her father and mother seem very "out there" but actively exploring which probably accounts for her intuitive nature (it seems that her parents might have had the same "airiness" a lot of ravenclaw's posess)
But either one of them could be Muggleborn, right? (I'd kind of like her mum to be Muggleborn, actually...) Although oh dear, it seems that I have a habit of hijacking threads, don't I? Sorry, guys

Move on, move on
Old June 15th, 2007, 4:06 am
First Year

Quote:
But either one of them could be Muggleborn, right? (I'd kind of like her mum to be Muggleborn, actually...) Although oh dear, it seems that I have a habit of hijacking threads, don't I? Sorry, guys

Still makes sense but I think that given what we have, she's at least not half-blood YET. I think the lovegood's are the kind of nut-bags that families like the black's and the malfoy's would hate to accept as a pure-bloods. That would make her lineage all the sweeter . I think we have yet to see a decendent in Harry's generation and though it's not essential i think it'd be nice.

Old June 15th, 2007, 4:31 am
First Year

I always thought that perhaps Ollivander was taken by Voldemort in order to tinker with his wand. Perhaps to elliminate the priori incantem effect. How this would be done without removing Fawkes' feather is beyond me, though.

Anyway, I like this theory a lot better, it makes complete sense.

(Oh, and I'm a noob! Would somebody tell me what they think about the horcrux-Grimmauld theory I posted at the bottom of the last page? I imagine it's not all that exciting or profound, but I've always thought it one of my better ones.)

Old June 15th, 2007, 4:41 am
Banned

I don't want anyone to completely ignore the chance that Harry's wand is a horcrux. I was reading philosophers stone today and read the scene where Harry is in Ollivander's shop finding a wand, and now I am very suspicious of Ollivander. In the sixth book we find out that he disappears suddenly. It would be the perfect opportunity for Voldemort, knowing that he'd have to kill Harry, to track him down - Wizards always have their wands with them - I'm still trying to find more evidence supporting this theory. I have the fact that Harry's scar never hurts before getting the wand (but I don't think this is substantial). I know there's part of the third book where he doesn't have it for a while, and once I get through COS I'll investigate that.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, by the way, I really don't think that two of the horcruxes are belongings of Rowena and Godric. I think Salazar's relationship with Helga was very different from his relationship with Godric and Rowena. I don't have anything to support this but Helga was probable easily controlled, and didn't oppose to Salazar as much as the other two did (if at all). Fluffy power is what'd I'd call it. Salazar saw it as power he wouldn't have to earn.

Last edited by Jamboreena; June 15th, 2007 at 4:46 am.
Old June 15th, 2007, 4:47 am
First Year

Spritey,

I like this idea quite a bit as it ties up several loose threads that need to be resolved.

Luna's been with us now since Book 5, but has not provided a whole lot of critical plot mojo. (Yes, there's the interview in the paper but that's sort of secondary level plot stuff.) Luna being connected to the Ravenclaw horcrux would satisfy several questions I've had-- how will Harry locate/find a connection to the Ravenclaw relic or "hallow"? Why is Luna in the story? What is the Book 5 plot device buried like a little time bomb that will "go off" in Book 7 (as so many do two books after being introduced)? How did Luna's mother die (attempting to destroy a horcrux would be an elegant solution)?

And, Ollivander had such a terrific, memorable entrance and his role as the one who sold both Harry's and Voldie's wand is too good to not have a further pay off. His kidnapping in Book 6 is extremely suspicious.

Nicely done!

Old June 15th, 2007, 5:15 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakenhilt View Post
I always thought that perhaps Ollivander was taken by Voldemort in order to tinker with his wand. Perhaps to elliminate the priori incantem effect. How this would be done without removing Fawkes' feather is beyond me, though.

Anyway, I like this theory a lot better, it makes complete sense.

(Oh, and I'm a noob! Would somebody tell me what they think about the horcrux-Grimmauld theory I posted at the bottom of the last page? I imagine it's not all that exciting or profound, but I've always thought it one of my better ones.)
Personally, I think Ollivander is behind his own dissapearance. With no sign of a struggle, the alternative in my mind is that he went willingly. And creepy though he was, I don't see him playing for Voldemort's team. I've also noticed the similarities between he and Luna. Those sorts of physical descriptors are used a lot to show relationships other than just familial. The long fingers = magical ability comes to mind among others. I think Ollivander, Luna and Ravenclaw's wand will all play a part in finding the Horcrux (even if it's not the Wrackspurt like I sort of hope it is). Ravenclaw will have it's day, afterall. Unless that just means they winn the House Cup this year or something.

As for the suggestion about the door behind Ma Black's picture - I remember hearing such speculation before, but I'm not sure where. I don't think it was tied to the Horcruxes as well as you've done it though. While I like the idea that Harry's right - there's really a door behind the curtain - really I find I'm satisfied that there was just something behind it (and what a something it is!). It seems to me that Serius, having lived in the house for hit young childhood, and having been the curious Marauder we know and love, would have known if there were any secret doors in his own parent's house. That seems like something he'd have shared with his buddy/god son, Harry as such fun mysteries and adventures were pretty limited (to cleaning) at the stage of the game when they were both living in the house.

I can't give better evidence against it than that entirely antecdotal bit - except to say that I have my own out there ideas about where the Horcruxes are hidden and none of the places I have in mind are Grimmauld place, hidden door, Kreacher's lair or otherwise.

Old June 15th, 2007, 5:19 am
First Year

Pushing it a little: Does luna HAVE RR's wand (possibly unknowingly)? Is it a horcrux or could it be used to access a possible RR horcrux?

sorry for posting so much. i'm so into this horcrux hunt! it's like a big riddle (no pun...)

Old June 15th, 2007, 5:55 am
Sixth Year

Alright, Spritey, a few different versions of your idea have appeared before, but not quite as you've presented them. Nice job. I agree with parts of it, but then I don't with others. Ok, so, I'm one of those crazy Arthurian model theorists, or at least, I masquerade as one most of the time, so the whole wand idea is fine to me. I think it will be a wand/staff/spear/<insert obscure wooden item of your choice> although, I must admit, the most creative version I've seen yet that caught my attention most was a broom RR invented. Really liked that one. Anyway, I personally think that all of the rest of the Horcruxes will be still hidden in their original places and conditions as Tommy left them. I think the locket will be the only exception; after all, how lame would it be if all of them had already been discovered and moved? I dunno; I think Jo's more creative than that. As such, I don't think anybody will be in possession of anymore Horcruxes. Malfoy was never the original stopping place and hiding/protection intended for the diary. It was always meant to go to Hogwarts and ultimately reside in the CoS. I don't think Voldy trusts anybody with having an object of that much importance; Malfoy hadn't even been told what he had at the time. I've already said I don't think any of the others will have been discovered. Thus, I don't think Luna or her mom will be or have been in possession of the Horcrux. I do think Luna will be a help, particularly with the RR relic; she has a way of giving helpful information in the midst of a bunch of riff-raff. So, I think she'll be a help, although I don't see Harry letting anybody find out about the Horcruxes, except perhaps Ginny, and that unintentionally I think, due to his promise to DD. Thus, I don't think Luna will know what she's telling him at the time, but I think it will be very important later. Since (IMO) RR's relic had to have been stolen, made a Horcrux, and hidden before GH, I don't see any reason for Ollivander to be kidnapped for information about her or her wand now; it's a little late. Also, I don't think a wand in a window qualifies as a relic DD has no knowledge of. He knows Ollivander. I also think the wand being in the window after GH implies it can't be a Horcrux anyway. (I think Harry was intended, as the last Horcrux murder, to be used for GG's relic, so I think RR's needed to already be made, since we know Harry was to be the last. My opinion though.) At any rate, those are my current thoughts.

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Old June 15th, 2007, 6:05 am
First Year

I see the connection between Luna and Ollivander, but I don't see how that could help Harry find Ravenclaw's wand; that is, if her wand is a horcrux (which I am almost sure it isn't).

I think I remember a song that Hagrid and Slughorn were singing in HBP that seemed to point to the fact that wizards are usually buried with their wands. Not only that, but it seems to me if her wand is over 1000 years old, it would have been long diminished.

"Swimming is the only sport that requires its athletes to rehab an injury while continuing to train,
lest they lose their tenuously held competitive advantages. Which explain why swimmers are zany. And by zany, we mean absolutely nuts." -ESPN Magazine

No I can't hang out with you July 21, 2007... HOW DARE YOU ASK?!

Old June 15th, 2007, 6:17 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie62446 View Post
Not only that, but it seems to me if her wand is over 1000 years old, it would have been long diminished.
Really? How ya figure? I mean, it is a magical object. And I'm sure it would have been well attended to wherever it was before Voldy got it, since he probably got it from somebody and then framed someone else for their murder as he did with the others, and in both cases the items he took were well attended to by the people who possessed them. Plus, the theory is that the wand was encased in gold and/or jewels, as shown by the wands on the Beauxbatons' carriage. But either way, I don't think we can say a wand would necessarily just decay; it is a magical object, full of power and prestige and strength, not a stick. It can handle the abuse of shooting flames, ducking hits, being dropped, being sat on, etc.; I don't think it would diminish if someone who had inherited or been given possession of it cared properly for it, as we've seen with the cup, locket, and ring. I personally am not so much a fan of the wand as another wooden object in line with the Arthurian model, but I wouldn't rule it out, especially not based on age.

"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"

"Just because it's taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!"...this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship...

the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
Old June 15th, 2007, 6:43 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeNgUiNsRuLe View Post
Really? How ya figure? I mean, it is a magical object. And I'm sure it would have been well attended to wherever it was before Voldy got it, since he probably got it from somebody and then framed someone else for their murder as he did with the others, and in both cases the items he took were well attended to by the people who possessed them. Plus, the theory is that the wand was encased in gold and/or jewels, as shown by the wands on the Beauxbatons' carriage. But either way, I don't think we can say a wand would necessarily just decay; it is a magical object, full of power and prestige and strength, not a stick. It can handle the abuse of shooting flames, ducking hits, being dropped, being sat on, etc.; I don't think it would diminish if someone who had inherited or been given possession of it cared properly for it, as we've seen with the cup, locket, and ring. I personally am not so much a fan of the wand as another wooden object in line with the Arthurian model, but I wouldn't rule it out, especially not based on age.
Well, magical though it may be, a wand is still just wood. The only thing that makes it significant (as far as I can tell), is the magical core. We can see in CoS with Ron's wand, and OoTP with Neville's wand, just how fragile a wand can be... how much more fragile would a 1000 year-old-wand be?

I do not see how, especially if Ravenclaw was buried with her wand, that said wand would survive.

"Swimming is the only sport that requires its athletes to rehab an injury while continuing to train,
lest they lose their tenuously held competitive advantages. Which explain why swimmers are zany. And by zany, we mean absolutely nuts." -ESPN Magazine

No I can't hang out with you July 21, 2007... HOW DARE YOU ASK?!

Old June 15th, 2007, 6:45 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Still makes sense but I think that given what we have, she's at least not half-blood YET. I think the lovegood's are the kind of nut-bags that families like the black's and the malfoy's would hate to accept as a pure-bloods. That would make her lineage all the sweeter . I think we have yet to see a decendent in Harry's generation and though it's not essential i think it'd be nice.
Hee, you know, I like the way you think. You're right, the irony of that would be excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookshanks77 View Post
Spritey,

I like this idea quite a bit as it ties up several loose threads that need to be resolved.

Luna's been with us now since Book 5, but has not provided a whole lot of critical plot mojo. (Yes, there's the interview in the paper but that's sort of secondary level plot stuff.) Luna being connected to the Ravenclaw horcrux would satisfy several questions I've had-- how will Harry locate/find a connection to the Ravenclaw relic or "hallow"? Why is Luna in the story? What is the Book 5 plot device buried like a little time bomb that will "go off" in Book 7 (as so many do two books after being introduced)? How did Luna's mother die (attempting to destroy a horcrux would be an elegant solution)?

And, Ollivander had such a terrific, memorable entrance and his role as the one who sold both Harry's and Voldie's wand is too good to not have a further pay off. His kidnapping in Book 6 is extremely suspicious.

Nicely done!
Well, to be fair, I think a large part of Luna's purpose was her conversation with Harry at the end of OotP. Until now, I always thought that was the main reason behind Jo having disposed of Luna's mum - to give her a way to connect with Harry long enough to bring him back to earth after Sirius' death. The "extraordinary witch" part I kind of decided was just meant to show where Luna got her Ravenclaw side from. Really, the loose end for me was the Ollivander thing; I'd always thought there was something there, and I'd thought for a while that Ravenclaw's wand might be a Horcrux. Somehow I ended up smooshing the two together... Anyway, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeNgUiNsRuLe
Anyway, I personally think that all of the rest of the Horcruxes will be still hidden in their original places and conditions as Tommy left them. I think the locket will be the only exception; after all, how lame would it be if all of them had already been discovered and moved? I dunno; I think Jo's more creative than that. As such, I don't think anybody will be in possession of anymore Horcruxes. Malfoy was never the original stopping place and hiding/protection intended for the diary. It was always meant to go to Hogwarts and ultimately reside in the CoS. I don't think Voldy trusts anybody with having an object of that much importance; Malfoy hadn't even been told what he had at the time. I've already said I don't think any of the others will have been discovered. Thus, I don't think Luna or her mom will be or have been in possession of the Horcrux. I do think Luna will be a help, particularly with the RR relic; she has a way of giving helpful information in the midst of a bunch of riff-raff. So, I think she'll be a help, although I don't see Harry letting anybody find out about the Horcruxes, except perhaps Ginny, and that unintentionally I think, due to his promise to DD. Thus, I don't think Luna will know what she's telling him at the time, but I think it will be very important later. Since (IMO) RR's relic had to have been stolen, made a Horcrux, and hidden before GH, I don't see any reason for Ollivander to be kidnapped for information about her or her wand now; it's a little late. Also, I don't think a wand in a window qualifies as a relic DD has no knowledge of. He knows Ollivander. I also think the wand being in the window after GH implies it can't be a Horcrux anyway. (I think Harry was intended, as the last Horcrux murder, to be used for GG's relic, so I think RR's needed to already be made, since we know Harry was to be the last. My opinion though.) At any rate, those are my current thoughts.
I've never really visited this thread before, so I haven't heard any theories about where the Ravenclaw Horcrux might've been placed originally, save for the air thing (which is kind of vague, obviously...) I guess I'll go play catch up, if I'm planning to irritate you all much longer. And it's totally possible that I'm just stitching together unrelated things in a patchwork quilt of answeriness, of course - I don't really do much theorising (I have no Snape theory, that should tell you something), but this kind of caught in my brain early this morning and, unfortunately, I ended up inflicting it upon you all.

Though I agree, I don't think many of the Horcruxes will have moved. Just maybe this one and the Locket I think it'd be fun if Harry left Ottery St. Catchpole at the beginning of the book, only to have to return before the end to catch up with Luna. Ooh, and whilst he's there Ginny can jump him! This plan gets better and better!

I like your idea about Luna accidentally giving Harry a bit of information, btw: that's very possible, I think it could even go with this theory (I like how I'm calling it a "theory" now, where 2 hours ago it was just a jumbled collection of my thoughts typed up and posted...)

Move on, move on
Old June 15th, 2007, 8:25 am
First Year

The locket hoarcrux is still around RAB's neck in the cave. HE resides now as one of the inferi, and HE was what popped out of the water when Harry performed the "Assio Hoarcrux". The basin Dumbledore drank from actually is a pensive containing Voldy's memories of torturing his fellow students and others (like Bertha). Clever that in order to get the locket, the individual had to relive Voldy's memories.

Old June 15th, 2007, 9:08 am
MODLY CREW

Version 7 is up!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives