Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Snape and Voldemort, the same person?

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:09 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numair
But that was Harry's very biased point of view, not JK saing something in an interview.

Also Snape is seen around Hogwarts almost all the time e.g. in lessons, at meals, in detentions and LV presumably couldn't run a whole war if he was constantly at Hogwarts pretending to be Snape. how would the DE come to meetings and get their orders all the time?
Yeah that's true. I think that I've probably been proved wrong about voldy being Snape all the time. I still think he was being Snape when he killed DD though.

Ha, rhhgrt, you still haven't answered me.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:13 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyRules
2:JKR might introduce that plot twist because it's a way to show if Snape is evil (which I believe he is). (1 sentence)
Wouldn't it be easier to show that Snape is evil by having him kill DD as himself, not as LV?

My RAB theory:The R.A.B. discovered 'The Secret Riddle' theory
For reference:RAB related quotes
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:20 pm
Sixth Year

Ha, I am now GinnyRules!
Ok, so you said:
Quote:
I'm so sorry, I went to get a snack and didn't see your post. I'll try to answer your questions as short as I can.

1:Voldemort might want to impersonate his most trusted advisor because he had Dumbledore's trust and Voldy is an independant guy convinced that he is better than everybody else. (1 sentence)

2:JKR might introduce that plot twist because it's a way to show if Snape is evil (which I believe he is). (1 sentence)

3I don't really understand your third question, but I'll do my best to answer) It makes sense in comparison to the rest of the series because it would go with the fact that Dumbledore trusts some people too much. (1 sentence)

There you go. I answered your three questions in three simple sentences. And if you check my earlier posts you will see that I provide a few pieces of canon. Keep in mind that if I don't answer it's not necessarily because I can't but because I'm busy.
1) But Snape said to Bella that Voldemort intends for him (Snape) to do it in the end. I believe that Voldemort saw some unhatredy feelings for Dumbledore and gave Snape this mission in order for Snape to prove himself.
2) If Snape is evil she'll find a more eloquent and obvious way for Snape o prove himself evil, if murdering Dumbledore isn't enough for you.
3) Yeah, but we already knew that. Crouch jr. impersonating Moody made sense to the plot. But what sense does combining the two best villains make?

That thing about not answering was a joking comment, not a serious one btw.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:24 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasleytwin
Wouldn't it be easier to show that Snape is evil by having him kill DD as himself, not as LV?
Yes. I have no answer for this, except maybe JKR always makes us wait a long time and figure things out, so she won't necessarily make it easier.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:24 pm
First Year

I find it interesting that your'e basing this theory off the movie...

I AM the Walrus
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:35 pm
Sixth Year

I don't think the theory is based on the movie.

My RAB theory:The R.A.B. discovered 'The Secret Riddle' theory
For reference:RAB related quotes
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:38 pm
Second Year

How can it be based on the movie? LV hasn't even risen again in the movies yet.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:45 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhhgrt
1) But Snape said to Bella that Voldemort intends for him (Snape) to do it in the end. I believe that Voldemort saw some unhatredy feelings for Dumbledore and gave Snape this mission in order for Snape to prove himself.
2) If Snape is evil she'll find a more eloquent and obvious way for Snape o prove himself evil, if murdering Dumbledore isn't enough for you.
3) Yeah, but we already knew that. Crouch jr. impersonating Moody made sense to the plot. But what sense does combining the two best villains make?

That thing about not answering was a joking comment, not a serious one btw.
Ha (I have no idea why I wrote that Ha).

1:But as Cissy said, Snape is Voldy's most trusted (if he does trust anyone), so he may have told Snape some things he didn't tell Bella (Bella failed to get the prophecy) and then instructed Snape not to tell her, making it impossible for Snape to say how Voldemort was to posess.

2:As I have already said, JKR doesn't always make things obvious. She knows that most people think Snape is still good.

3:Well even if we already knew that it is in relation to the plot and it does answer your question.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:49 pm
Sixth Year

But why would Voldemort tell Snape that he was going to possess him. That would be like saying "Yeah, I know that you're my most trusted advisor, but I don't think you can do this. So I'll posses you and kill DD in front of all your Order buddies because I want to lose my spy." If it was that easy, Voldie would have killed DD himself. Why would Voldemort want to lose his well placed spy? Hmmmm?
I don't think Snape is good.
Ha! (just for old times sake)

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:53 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugsfavorite
I find it interesting that your'e basing this theory off the movie...
I'm not. I'm guessing you're talking about my first post where I said I was watching the movie. Is that it? Well as I indicated I checked in the book before creating my theory. I wouldn't base anything only on the movies. And also, I have been proven wrong about that part. Voldemort could not have been posessing Snape at that time. We are currently discussing his posessing Snape after book 4 and particularly when he killed Dumbledore.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:55 pm
Second Year

If LV disguised as Snape was going to kill DD anyway why wouldn't he have done it earlier so that the order was in disaray and DD would not be around to help Harry? Surely this would make more sense particularly as DD wouldn't see it coming.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:55 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyRules
I'm not. I'm guessing you're talking about my first post where I said I was watching the movie. Is that it? Well as I indicated I checked in the book before creating my theory. I wouldn't base anything only on the movies. And also, I have been proven wrong about that part. Voldemort could not have been posessing Snape at that time. We are currently discussing his posessing Snape after book 4 and particularly when he killed Dumbledore.
Wait a moment...if it were Voldemort as Snape who killed Dumbledore, then who took the Unbreakable Vow? It couldn't have been Voldemort. There are too many flaws to that.

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:58 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
But why would Voldemort tell Snape that he was going to possess him. That would be like saying "Yeah, I know that you're my most trusted advisor, but I don't think you can do this. So I'll posses you and kill DD in front of all your Order buddies because I want to lose my spy." If it was that easy, Voldie would have killed DD himself. Why would Voldemort want to lose his well placed spy? Hmmmm?
I don't think Snape is good.
Ha! (just for old times sake)
Ha Ha Ha (I beat you, I have more Ha's!)

Voldemort was going to lose his spy anyways, since everybody knows that Snape killed DD. And Voldy may very well have said something like that, although not as bluntly. The DE's don't argue with the Dark Lord, they obey him.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:04 pm
Sixth Year

But why would he WANT to lose his spy? I don't think you're taking Voldemorts character into account.

hahahaha ok enough of that

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:09 pm
Second Year

I agree that the Unbreakable Vow scene kind of ruins this theory. It really made me think though. It's an interesting idea, someone having two identities that we are totally unaware of. But I think its more likely that we will see Tonks exhibit this than Snape/Voldemort.

Besides, Snape and Voldemort being the same person doesn't really accomplish anything. Harry could have easily been dead by now.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:23 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
But why would he WANT to lose his spy? I don't think you're taking Voldemorts character into account.

hahahaha ok enough of that
Well he wouldn't want to lose his spy but this isn't even a part of my story anymore. There was a plan for Draco to kill DD and Voldy intended Snapey to do it in the end. I don't know why, but it's not something I made up.

Ha (sorry I couldn't help it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia
Wait a moment...if it were Voldemort as Snape who killed Dumbledore, then who took the Unbreakable Vow? It couldn't have been Voldemort. There are too many flaws to that.
Well even if Snape took the unbreakable vow and Voldemort posessed snape, Snape was still the one who waved the wand, so he didn't really break the vow.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:23 pm
Sixth Year

GinnyRules doth postedeth:
Quote:
Well he wouldn't want to lose his spy but this isn't even a part of my story anymore. There was a plan for Draco to kill DD and Voldy intended Snapey to do it in the end. I don't know why, but it's not something I made up.

Ha (sorry I couldn't help it)
Well, by saying that he doesn't want to lose his spy you're basically disproving your whole theory. Ha (yes, I did) ha! I win!

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:33 pm
First Year

yeah...umm then how could have snape saved harry in the first book from himself?...yeah thats rather unlikely

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:36 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
GinnyRules doth postedeth:

Well, by saying that he doesn't want to lose his spy you're basically disproving your whole theory. Ha (yes, I did) ha! I win!
No I'm not because even if he didn't want to lose his spy he had no choice, and he knew it. Voldy knew Draco woudn't do it and Snape would have to in the end, he had no choice but to lose his spy, even if he didn't want to. That doesn't disprove my theory. Oh and I almost forgot: Ha

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:37 pm
Sixth Year

Oh, yeah, good point Sam Fisher. GinnyRules, you're putting up a really good fight, but thre are a heckuvalotta of holes in your theory.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives