Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.5

View Poll Results: There's been a slew of information recently; is it overkill so close to the premiere?
Never! It can never be enough! 39 24.84%
Not really; I would be glad of a bit more before the movie comes out. 11 7.01%
Not really, but if they give us anything else it will cross that line. 11 7.01%
No. I will give you no reasoning! 8 5.10%
Yes. I also don't want to give reasoning! 7 4.46%
Yes, it's just been a bit much and I wish they had spaced it out better. 27 17.20%
Yes, it's too much. They should have released less. 21 13.38%
I feel like there is hardly anything going to be left for the movie. 5 3.18%
I need an option for people who haven't spoiled themselves with watching/reading everything. 27 17.20%
...SNAPE! 49 31.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2010, 8:30 pm
Seventh Year

Re: The Deathly Hallows Movie(s): News (with Spoilers) v.5

Collider is now reporting on the release of 58 stills in preparation for Part I's release:

http://www.collider.com/2010/11/10/h...-movie-images/

It looks like we're reaching the end of clips, featurettes and stills with the release of this press kit in the final stretches of marketing. Now we should be looking forward to interviews from the premiere and press junkets and then, not long after, the film itself.

I Support The Harry Potter Alliance (Potter Pride!)
“I am honoured and humbled that Harry’s name has been given to such an extraordinary campaign, which really does exemplify the values for which Dumbledore’s Army fought in the books."
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2010, 8:32 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDonna View Post
A lot of stills for part two included in that. In still 19, we can see the back of Bellatrix, and the back of what looks like Voldemort, both facing what appears to be a large bright light. Does anyone know what scene that would be from?
yes that would be from when the death eaters are breaking the protections around hogwarts to begin there assault on the castle

Old November 10th, 2010, 8:33 pm
Sixth Year

Wow Swedish, you're like the HP news king

I'm excited for reviews. I don't usually like to read critic reviews, but I'm interested in what some say for this film.

Old November 10th, 2010, 9:03 pm
First Year

I love this one:
http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...e-image-30.jpg
Emma's expression is heart breaking

Old November 10th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Third Year

Wow, great pics...I love the shot of the Dementor's hands: http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...43-600x335.jpg .We had seen a short scene with them before, but that was too quick.

Old November 10th, 2010, 9:16 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyesbo View Post
Wow, great pics...I love the shot of the Dementor's hands: http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...43-600x335.jpg .We had seen a short scene with them before, but that was too quick.
I like that picture too! The hands are creepy.

Old November 10th, 2010, 9:50 pm
First Year

Six new images: http://pipocacombo.com/harry-potter-...ipoca+Combo%29

OMG Hermione&Bellatrix

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:09 pm
Fourth Year

Love All The New Pictures!!! Were just a week away....From The War to end all Wars

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Fourth Year

That Hermione picture with Ron on the beach is so sad. She looks devastated, and he looks disgusted (in a good way, as in he can't believe something so horrid happened). That's one thing I always liked in the books. Ron, when confronted with witnessing something violent or emotionally disturbing, was often described as having a shocked look on his face or as though he might be sick. I thought it was a great way to show his innocence in a way. He's grown up in a family of good people, and he wasn't exposed to perverse, evil people really. So during his time at Hogwarts as he spent time with Harry, he had several instances of viewing something or hearing something that was just evil, and it made him feel sick he was so shocked by it. He does it in book seven when they enter Hogsmeade and Aberforth saves them, and he's telling the kids the story of how his sister dies. He does it also when he finds out Umbridge made Harry do lines in his own blood. It's like he could never have imagined such horrors actually happening. I love that about Ron.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerCat1 View Post
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...igorous-kisser

-----------------------------------------------

I am still hoping (though i am not confident) that the Ron/Hermione kiss will be more passionate than the Harry/Hermione kiss.

I'm really scared that it won't be since Harry and Hermoine are getting all these couply moments, and this kiss has turned into something that it wasn't in the book. Ron and Hermoine, just based on recaps of screen testers, sound kind of like an afterthought in these movies IMO. I have very low expecatations for their kiss.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Secret Keeper

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I just noticed...why does the Polyjuice for Harry wear off faster then Ron & Hermione?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin6 View Post
and this kiss has turned into something that it wasn't in the book.
That is debateable. We have to wait and see for ourselves of course but many envisioned the kiss exactly like how it reads in reports.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; November 10th, 2010 at 10:46 pm.
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:45 pm
Fourth Year

I may be one of the few people who actually doesn't like how Bellatrix is played in the movie. I mean, she definitely comes off as evil and happily so, but it's just not how I pictured her. The actress is fantastic of course, and they did a good job setting Bellatrix up as the villain, but I don't really like how she says her lines and how they come across. I hated how they had her say "How's your mom and dad?" to Neville in OOTP (I mean how she said it, not the words), and how she whispered in Draco's ear at the end of HBP, and how she spoke and acted during the Spinner's End scene in HBP. I'm hoping that I like her portrayal more in this movie, because I enjoy the scenes she's in (I mean the book scenes). I saw the clip of the Dark Lord Ascending where they're all at the table and Voldemort is planning when and how to kill Harry. And in one of them (maybe it was the behind the scenes featurette), we hear Bellatrix offer to be the one to kill Harry Potter. The way she said it was without the passion and reverence of Bellatrix. So far, I think the clips are showing us that everyone is putting in a great performance. I'm just hoping that I'm impressed by Bellatrix in this film, instead of disappointed that her character seems off.

I know a lot of people adore the film version of Bellatrix, as played by HBC, so I'm not trying to deride her and get people to change how they see her. I just have been disappointed with how the director has chosen to present her. HBC is a wonderful actress, and I think she's perfect to play Bellatrix, but I don't like how they have her deliver some of her lines, and how she behaves in some of the scenes she is in. Although, I'll admit that when she killed Sirius in OOTP, and then ran away yelling "I killed Sirius Black", that was pretty spot on. I thought that scene was exceptionally well done, both by DR and HBC.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:47 pm
First Year

Quote:
I'm really scared that it won't be since Harry and Hermoine are getting all these couply moments, and this kiss has turned into something that it wasn't in the book. Ron and Hermoine, just based on recaps of screen testers, sound kind of like an afterthought in these movies IMO. I have very low expecatations for their kiss.
It makes a lot of sense for the Harry/Hermione kiss to be passionate - but in a terrifying, taunting-Ron kind of way.

Also, and I'm sorry to do this, but it's Hermione, not Hermoine.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:48 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I just noticed...why does the Polyjuice for Harry wear off faster then Ron & Hermione?

That is debateable. We have to wait and see for ourselves of course but many envisioned the kiss exactly like how it reads in reports.

I just don't think a fake kiss should be better then the R/Hr kiss and it sounds like it's going to be.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:49 pm
Sixth Year

The new pic of LV and all the DE's at Malfoy Manor, Nagini is in the bottom left corner! She is so huge!

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:50 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephania View Post
It makes a lot of sense for the Harry/Hermione kiss to be passionate - but in a terrifying, taunting-Ron kind of way.

Also, and I'm sorry to do this, but it's Hermione, not Hermoine.
It does make sense but it shouldn't outshine the Ron/Hermione kiss as that is the kiss that has been slowly building for 7 books, the kiss that was obviously going to happen for at least 4 books. It shouldn't be beaten by a kiss that didn't even happen between 2 people that are not even attracted to each other.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I just noticed...why does the Polyjuice for Harry wear off faster then Ron and Hermione?

Um, good point. Why does it? By the time they get to the fireplaces, we know that the polyjuice potion is worn off of Ron from the clips, but it does seem as though it should wear off each of them at the same time, much like it did in COS. Is there any photo's or clips that show Hermione as herself from the actual movie during the ministry scene? So, we know Harry's begins to wear off during the hearing, and by the elevator ride it's completely worn off. But Hermione's and Ron's seem to still be under the effects of the polyjuice potion in the elevator. We've seen Ron running through the ministry and blasting papers behind him as he runs towards the fireplaces, so it would have to be either shortly after the elevator ride, or during the elevator ride that his wears off. But the only image we have of Hermione is during the elevator ride and she is still polyjuiced. I don't think we have any image of her in the ministry of magic after the polyjuice wears off.

Good question. My guess is they all have the potion wear off before they officially exit the ministry.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerCat1 View Post
It does make sense but it shouldn't outshine the Ron/Hermione kiss as that is the kiss that has been slowly building for 7 books, the kiss that was obviously going to happen for at least 4 books. It shouldn't be beaten by a kiss that didn't even happen between 2 people that are not even attracted to each other.
Quote:
I just don't think a fake kiss should be better then the R/Hr kiss and it sounds like it's going to be.
You haven't seen either of them, how do you know the R/Hr kiss is going to be better? Given that the Locket Harry and Locket Hermione kiss is in the first movie, of course it's getting more attention right now, because people have actually seen it.

As someone else said, the better the kiss between the Locket figures, it's better for the story, as you actually feel what Ron feels. If it was actually a regular Harry/Hermione kiss, I would be outraged. But it's just fake images of them, and it's actually canon! I don't get when people complain about canon things in the movies. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about that before...

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:03 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyesbo View Post
You haven't seen either of them, how do you know the R/Hr kiss is going to be better? Given that the Locket Harry and Locket Hermione kiss is in the first movie, of course it's getting more attention right now, because people have actually seen it.

As someone else said, the better the kiss between the Locket figures, it's better for the story, as you actually feel what Ron feels. If it was actually a regular Harry/Hermione kiss, I would be outraged. But it's just fake images of them, and it's actually canon! I don't get when people complain about canon things in the movies. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about that before...
I'm not mad that it's in the movie. Obviously it should be because it is Ron's big moment. However, reading about how it's long and intense and sexy when that's not how I ever pictured it just annoys me. Especially when all the other screening reviews focuses on how sweet the Harry/Hermoine stuff is and Ron and Hermoine are just basically an afterthought. It's why my expectations for their kiss are low.

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:07 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDonna View Post
Um, good point. Why does it? By the time they get to the fireplaces, we know that the polyjuice potion is worn off of Ron from the clips, but it does seem as though it should wear off each of them at the same time, much like it did in COS. Is there any photo's or clips that show Hermione as herself from the actual movie during the ministry scene? So, we know Harry's begins to wear off during the hearing, and by the elevator ride it's completely worn off. But Hermione's and Ron's seem to still be under the effects of the polyjuice potion in the elevator. We've seen Ron running through the ministry and blasting papers behind him as he runs towards the fireplaces, so it would have to be either shortly after the elevator ride, or during the elevator ride that his wears off. But the only image we have of Hermione is during the elevator ride and she is still polyjuiced. I don't think we have any image of her in the ministry of magic after the polyjuice wears off.

Good question. My guess is they all have the potion wear off before they officially exit the ministry.
Well I was thinking it has to do with the timing in which they took it. Maybe they didn't all take the polyjuice at the same time. Or maybe it has to do with the amount. Anyways, I'm just confused cause I thought Harry took the polyjuice last. What did the screeners say about this?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References