Old July 13th, 2011, 8:22 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premieres

I'm seeing it tonight!!!

Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2011, 8:29 am
First Year

There are no midnight screenings in my city, so I'll go to the first showing at eleven.
Which is still earlier than any midnight screening in the US.

Old July 13th, 2011, 4:07 pm
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elPepin View Post
I just came back from the Red Carpet in nYc. Althought it looks wonderful on tv, it wasn't. I camped out from 2pm the daY before, bY the time the rest of the fans got there around 9am next daY, it was a mess and basicallY our efforts were worthless it became a tug of war first come first served. .....
I agree with all that you said here. I was at Lincoln Center as well, lined up since mid-day on Sunday, and the efforts of the first ~200 fans in line were nullified. It was a chaotic affair, and it was clear that WB did not care even marginally about the fans - especially in comparison to the world premiere. The devoted fans (who spent over 24 hours across from Lincoln Center) were not rewarded, and many fans who had just arrived the day of the premiere forced their way into better observatories.

However, I do not want to indicate that I did not enjoy myself. I had over 24 hours of incredible fun waiting in line with fellow Harry Potter fanatics, making new friends, discussing the series, etc. It was a magnificent experience. And despite the distance to the red carpet, I still enjoyed seeing the actors firsthand and experiencing this epic event. I was even lucky enough to be one of the few fans across the street that got Tom Felton's autograph (not to mention seeing him the day before as he gave out pizza to the devoted!). It was a great event, but I certainly feel a sense of let-down and pity that the truly devoted fans were not rewarded for their time. It was a horribly organized event that showed that WB certainly did not learn from last year's premiere (from the testimony I have heard/read about that) and did not, to a very large extent, care about the NYC red carpet event.

I will certainly provide a more detailed analysis and review of my experience, as it was definitely worth it. Lots of ups and downs, successes and trials, etc. Overall, though, I simply feel amazed and thankful that I was able to experience the final New York City Harry Potter premiere!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 13th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Second Year

It's a shame WB didn't make more of an effort for the fans in NY. Especially since it was the last one and they apparently did a terrible job last year. I watched both the London and NY premieres online and they were radically different. The London coverage was fantastic so I can’t imagine what it must have been like to be there. The NY coverage was really bad and the actors didn’t look like they were having as much fun as in London. Maybe it was because of the heat.

Old July 13th, 2011, 6:55 pm
First Year

I went to see the last one in one of the exclusive live premiers on the seventh it's amazing, and all I will say is 3D!!!

Old July 13th, 2011, 7:14 pm
First Year

VIDEO: Daniel and Emma Interview w/ SiriusXM at NY Premiere!

Hey- this is Liz from SiriusXM- here's a new vid of Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson's red carpet interviews with SiriusXM at the NY premiere- hope you all enjoy!: http://bit.ly/pelYHT

Old July 13th, 2011, 7:20 pm
Second Year

Audience Reactions

Hi everyone.

I like to read about audience reactions to movies especially the harry potter movies.
So, please share your experiences and reaction of the audiences particular book virgins.

Was your theater sold out?
What scenes got reaction or biggest reaction?
Do you think your audience was loving the movie?
Did you go with book virgins, if yes, did they follow the movie allright or do you had to explain alot to them?
etc.

RIP Michael Jackson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test
a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old July 14th, 2011, 8:14 pm
Second Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premiere parties

Nervous about the lines tonight! Summer means kids with nothing better to do but queue up while I'm working. I get off at five, am about 20min away from the theatre I'm seeing it at, and still need to change into my costume. At another theatre by me, there were people camping from at least 4p yesterday. When I drove by last night I counted at least five tents and card table.

Pet: Screech owl named Artemis

"...what is easy is often not right."
with a twist of but CoS says i'm
Old July 14th, 2011, 9:35 pm
Snidget of Champions

My excitement has been building all day (or, more accurately, over the past ten years), and I cannot wait to see the film at midnight. Where I am there is only one local theatre with one screen. I discovered two days ago that this theatre would have a Part 1 showing at 9:30pm followed by the Part 2 showing at midnight. The downfall (or, possibly, upswing) is that tickets do not go on sale until 9:00pm. The next closest theatres are at least 30 minute drives away, and I do not know if they still have tickets. Therefore, I am putting a lot of my hope in achieving tickets for the local theatre. To do this, though, I am planning on lining up at 7:00pm, though I will probably drive by it in half an hour to ensure that a line has not already formed. The town has a fairly old population, though, so I hope that it will be enough to ensure I get seats! None of the other nearby theatres are showing Part 1, and I think it would be great to see the two back-to-back. Fingers are crossed, and my excitement and nervousness are brimming!

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:14 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I found out that one of the theatres nearby was doing a double feature with part one right before part two. However, I had already had tickets in advanced, so I missed it. I am going though with one of my friends who has never seen an HP movie nor read any of the books. I did advise her to watch part one, so hopefully she did. I'll be going home soon to watch part one before I leave tonight. I'm at a lost at the moment about feelings. I'm apprehensive about this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
My excitement has been building all day (or, more accurately, over the past ten years), and I cannot wait to see the film at midnight. Where I am there is only one local theatre with one screen. I discovered two days ago that this theatre would have a Part 1 showing at 9:30pm followed by the Part 2 showing at midnight. The downfall (or, possibly, upswing) is that tickets do not go on sale until 9:00pm. The next closest theatres are at least 30 minute drives away, and I do not know if they still have tickets. Therefore, I am putting a lot of my hope in achieving tickets for the local theatre. To do this, though, I am planning on lining up at 7:00pm, though I will probably drive by it in half an hour to ensure that a line has not already formed. The town has a fairly old population, though, so I hope that it will be enough to ensure I get seats! None of the other nearby theatres are showing Part 1, and I think it would be great to see the two back-to-back. Fingers are crossed, and my excitement and nervousness are brimming!
Good luck, I hope you get tickets!

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old July 15th, 2011, 1:14 am
First Year

Man, I am going to be tired at work tomorrow. Well, it's definitely worth it.

"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brains fall out.
Old July 15th, 2011, 2:19 am
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

I just saw this on the New York Times website:

Quote:
Can you show us your best Hermione? Your finest Dumbledore? Your slickest Snape? The final film in the Harry Potter series opens at midnight tonight and for fans, plenty of magic is likely to happen both onscreen and off. Are you planning to see the film and will you be dressing up? Were taking photo submissions of all the wizardly costumes you come across. Submit them to http://submit.nytimes.com/harry-potter.

Plus, wed love for you to tweet your 140-character reviews of the movie. Please tweet them to @artsbeat with the hash tag #pottersaga and we will post some of the highlights.
Wish I were going to a midnight showing just to see everyone being so into it. I will see it tomorrow after I send the kiddies off to camp!

Old July 15th, 2011, 2:46 am
BANNED... No really they are...

We're getting ready to head out at my house!!! From what I see at the movie theater we're going to, things are starting to get ridiculous!! They have showings all the way until 12:18am, and all are sold out. I'll be taking A LOT of pictures of everyone dressed up, so I can't wait!!!!

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old July 15th, 2011, 8:17 am
Snidget of Champions

At the local theatre, tickets went on sale at 9:00 for the Part 1/Part 2 double feature that was to begin at 9:30. I arrived around 8:30 to see about 75-100 people lined up in front of me. This did not worry me, though, as I knew I would still get a seat (especially as I was by myself, and a lone seat is fairly easy to come by). What I was disappointed in was the lack of Harry Potter enthusiasm. The majority of the queue was composed of 10-15 year olds, none of whom seemed remotely interested in Harry Potter. It seemed like it was just an excuse to go to the theatre at midnight. I only spotted 3 individuals with Harry Potter shirts and no one was dressed up. Except for me. Walking among the teenagers dressed as an eclectic Dobby, I drew skeptical, amused, and taunting glances that simply made me disappointed in the Harry Potter fan base. After going to the NYC premiere, I suppose I was simply spoiled by being surrounded by Harry Potter fanatics. Even reading others' statements of obsessed fans lining up for hours and dressing up whetted my interest. Unfortunately, none of that was true in my theatre. I enjoyed and entertained myself, glorying in my own display of Harry Potter fanaticism, but the true excitement of the midnight showing was, for me, seeing the film. I wish I could have been somewhere where more enthused fans gathered as it is the final film, but my location simply prevented that! It was a great, unforgettable experience nonetheless.

WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 15th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Assistant to Minister Longbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
I only spotted 3 individuals with Harry Potter shirts and no one was dressed up. Except for me. Walking among the teenagers dressed as an eclectic Dobby, I drew skeptical, amused, and taunting glances that simply made me disappointed in the Harry Potter fan base. After going to the NYC premiere, I suppose I was simply spoiled by being surrounded by Harry Potter fanatics. Even reading others' statements of obsessed fans lining up for hours and dressing up whetted my interest. Unfortunately, none of that was true in my theatre.
Too bad you couldn't have stayed in NYC for the midnight release - it seems like Union Square was the place to be: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/201..._POTTER-8.html

But to you for dressing up as Dobby, I bet you looked great!

Old July 16th, 2011, 1:04 am
First Year

What were the coolest costumes you saw at your premiere?

At mine there was a guy who painted his entire body white to be Voldemort...a couple convincing Bellatrixes (one ran around yelling "I killed Sirius Black!") and a pretty good Draco. Any great showings at your theater?

Old July 16th, 2011, 2:11 pm
First Year

I went to see it last night, was disappointed in the lack of people dressed up, just a few kids in capes made from bin liners and specs drawn on in eye liner! I had the deathly hallows symbol tattooed on my wrist before I went, my tribute to the end of an era! It was mainly adults at my local cinema, great atmosphere though. Had a very amusing moment when the bloke in his 30's who was sat next to me curled up into a ball shaking when the acromantula appeared!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References