Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premiere parties

Old June 16th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Second Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premieres

With tickets you not only get to see the stars arriving, but afterwards you follow them inside to watch the film with them, whilst everyone else goes home!

I know how it's like to win premiere tickets as I did for Narnia:Prince Caspian and after everyone turned up to see the stars enter the premiere, others and I eventually headed inside the venue and took our seats which were on the ticket.

For the HBP premiere I was happy to get to see Daniel,Emma, Rupert and co. but I knew that was all I was getting. I didn't arrive too early for that (I actually arrived in the midst of everything - screaming and huge crowds so I got no autographs).

If you turn up early enough your chances of getting autographs do increase. I'm not entirely sure how early, I've heard people say early morning, some the night before, more sources can be checked on the internet.

I'm aware of this one being at both Leicester and Trafalgar Square, but I need to find out again which of the 2 it starts at.

Exciting indeed

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2011, 4:25 am
First Year

Anyone dressing up to go to DH?

I don't think there is a topic on this yet, I'm wondering whether anyone is planning on wearing robes, etc to the movie? Last time I know loads of people did at my theater For Part 1 I wore my Hedwig shirt and a cloak.

To the midnight release I will be wearing the full movie costume (all Gryffindor themed):

-Whimsic Alley robes
-Sweater
-Tie
-White shirt with a collar. Will go under the sweater, with the collar over the sweater collar, like in the movie
-Black or grey pants
-Black dress shoes
-Alivans socks
-Whimsic Alley Prefect badge (haven't got this yet- anyone know whether they're an actual pin or made of material?)
-Maybe a scarf
-Either Harry Potter's wand or Dumbledore's
-Harry Potter glasses
-Student hat
-Scar on my forehead
-Gryffindor arm bands

Now just need to find the shirt, pants, and shoes Probably the hardest part.

Old June 17th, 2011, 9:49 am
Second Year

^ oh okay. yeah i took part in this thing where you could actually win tickets to meet the actors and like directors and then go watch the movie afterwards. which is exciting. i don't think i'll win it but at least i tried.

i heard people saying that being there at like 8 or 9 am is probably a good time. idk though. i will probably go there right after breakfast.
it's at TS this year at least that's what most pages on the internet say since they are having the biggest premiere yet. they wanted to do the film justice so they just went from LS to TS in order to fit all the people. i expect a lot of people travelling to london for it atcually so that's probably a good thing it will be at TS.

how long are those red carpets usually? haha, i mean only that much people can stand in the front row and get an autograph/picture

Old June 17th, 2011, 12:27 pm
Second Year

Yeah it's the 1st time that a premiere is being held at Trafalgar Square, and it indeed starts there with the red carpet, then everyone moves onto LS afterwards. It will be huge, the red carpets are massive, lol. When I went to LS last time it's a bit like a circuit, the stars can make their way around with ease, and when they take a photo for the newspapers etc. sometimes I saw fans behind railings on their left and right.

This TS one will probably be an epic though, not sure how much bigger it will be in comparison. They sai there will be certain areas for the fans to stand and competition winners.

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Old June 17th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorey1 View Post

hp was a massive part of my childhood, but sadly, i've grown up and a lot of that magic which you experienced as a child has gone, when you're faced with the cold reality of bills to pay and a boring job to go to.
but i still dealry love hp and feel so proud to have grown up in the generation where magic really happened.
so yeah, i may feel a few twinges of sadness when those credits roll up the screen, but more than anything i hope to feel a great sense of acheivement and completion.
I think you'll find that when you get even older you'll look forward to the magic, again. That's when you really need it.

I kind of envy the generation that's grown up with Harry Potter. It's been a great ride, and, even though the books and movies will continue on in generations to come, there's only one "first time." It's been a great ride.

I'm looking forward to going with my daughter and her family. They're timing their summer vacation so we can go to the midnight showing. I'm really looking forward to it and am taking boxes of tissues...I plan to cry a lot.

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old June 17th, 2011, 3:47 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I was hoping to make it to NY for the US premiere, but due to certain circumstances, I can't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervasCat View Post
I think you'll find that when you get even older you'll look forward to the magic, again. That's when you really need it.

I kind of envy the generation that's grown up with Harry Potter. It's been a great ride, and, even though the books and movies will continue on in generations to come, there's only one "first time." It's been a great ride.

I'm looking forward to going with my daughter and her family. They're timing their summer vacation so we can go to the midnight showing. I'm really looking forward to it and am taking boxes of tissues...I plan to cry a lot.
I've grown with Harry for the past twelve years, and the magic has definitely not been lost with me. Everything that was there from the very begining and it'll stay with me definitely as I get older. With this last movie coming out, it's going to be very hard. In fact, I've been feeling Post-Potter stress disorder a lot lately, especially when I watch DH part 1. So don't worry, you're not the only one who'll have a box of tissues with you.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old June 17th, 2011, 6:05 pm
Second Year

Re: Anyone dressing up to go to DH?

Are you in the UK? If you are, you may see me around Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square depending on where I end up on the day

I'm planning on wearing my Voldemort to the Premiere so you should know it's me easy enough .

I would have loved to have had him playing with the Death Eaters at the last premiere as that would have looked awesome!

Old June 17th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Ordo Lebes

I usually go in full-on Gryffindor robes, and occasionally I'll add a few things to be a particular character (Hermione, Lily, even Harry).

This time I'm going as movie-Hermione in the final battle. It's an easy costume, for sure: jeans, pinkish/purplish sweater, jean jacket. I made myself a replica of her wand, too. I felt like doing something movie-related for once since it is the final film; it feels appropriate!

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old June 17th, 2011, 6:15 pm
First Year

2 of my friends and I made our own reversible cloaks for Part 1/Halloween last year. Mine is blue, so it's perfect for Ravenclaw (except that the other side is silver, not bronze...oh well). We'll be wearing them to the midnight premiere! I also have a wand, but I need to sort out the rest of my costume.
So excited for July 15th!!!!!!!

"I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved it doesn't exist!"
"Yes, you could. I am glad to see that you are opening your mind a little."

Pottermore: SpellCastle190
Old June 17th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Seventh Year

The theater staff here dresses up and creates a nice backdrop, including the floating candles. Myself, I'll probably just wear a black armband and remember my waterproof mascara.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, After all this time?
And I will say, Always.
- source unknown
Old June 17th, 2011, 8:27 pm
First Year

I haven't cosplayed before but to show my appreciation and being a huge fan of Harry Potter, I'm going to dress up for the midnight premiere.

At first I planned to dress up as Harry, but had a changed of thought since he's already famous enough, lol.

I'm going to dress up as one of the Hogwart Student. I'm going to wear a Hufflepuff themed clothes. Just the sweater, tie, black pants and collared white shirt.

Old June 17th, 2011, 8:40 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry23 View Post
Are you being sarcastic? You can pick these up most anywhere. Standard business attire. It'll be dark and under robes so it won't be noticeable if they aren't the exact ones that Dan wears. This is probably the easiest part.

I want to dress up as Luna since I have a blond wig that I'm borrowing from a friend for a few weeks (I'll be dressing up as her for at least #5 & #6 of viewing parties I have with my friends in the lead up) but I've seen practically nothing of her in this last movie, so maybe I'll just go as Hermione. I'm bummed though because I used to have a pink sweater but it was lost/stolen. I have two more, but they aren't the right shade and don't have hoods.

Oh, and I like to dress up as something in the movie, so I don't want to just dress as Luna in robes or something. I need to see what she wears. >.<

I'm so used to facebook that I'm trying to Like various posts in this thread, lol.

Pet: Screech owl named Artemis

"...what is easy is often not right."
with a twist of but CoS says i'm
Old June 17th, 2011, 8:45 pm
Third Year

Quote:
I don't think there is a topic on this yet, I'm wondering whether anyone is planning on wearing robes, etc to the movie? Last time I know loads of people did at my theater For Part 1 I wore my Hedwig shirt and a cloak.

To the midnight release I will be wearing the full movie costume (all Gryffindor themed):

-Whimsic Alley robes
-Sweater
-Tie
-White shirt with a collar. Will go under the sweater, with the collar over the sweater collar, like in the movie
-Black or grey pants
-Black dress shoes
-Alivans socks
-Whimsic Alley Prefect badge (haven't got this yet- anyone know whether they're an actual pin or made of material?)
-Maybe a scarf
-Harry Potter glasses
-Student hat
-Scar on my forehead
-Gryffindor arm bands

Thats so cool. I think Im just going to wear Ravenclaw T shirt or something and have a lighting scar on my forehead lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoshvarela View Post
Man I just want to know where the premiere will be. I really hope it's in LA, I just really want to see the trio together in real life.
The US premiere is going to be in NY but hopefully they do one in LA.

As for the midnight screening Im going to wear probably a house T-shirt. Hot Topic has a lot Harry Potter shirts and materials

{Magnolia class 0f 2010}
Ron & Hermione Forever
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:55 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I am not going to dress up but will wear my DA shirt.

Old June 19th, 2011, 2:51 pm
First Year

Deathly Hallows Premiere at Trafalgar Square

The UK premiere is almost upon us and this time i'm planning to go and do the whole thing properly! (Got too...last ever one). So, would really like some advice from anyone who has camped out for a day or two at a Harry Potter premiere....because i really am not sure how to go about it and what i would need....so if anyone can give me any tips, much appreciated : )

Thank you.

Old June 20th, 2011, 10:27 am
First Year

How will you be seeing the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2?

2D or 3D? (Which one first, I mean :P) At midnight or later on? At a full theater or one with fewer people?

I'd prefer to watch the movie in 2D and come out the way I came in with PS but there are seriously no theaters nearby not showing it in 3D. I got tickets and today they're sold out, so I know I'll at least have a room full of people to cry and cheer with!

Old June 20th, 2011, 11:09 am
Second Year

^ I'll be going to and it's my first premiere as well so I am not much of an expert. You should go to the Harry POtter UK facebook site because there are a lot of people with plenty experience.
Someone on there wrote to the city of London and asking about where they would be able to camp out regarding the premiere is at TS this time. They wrote back saying there is no possibility there since they are preparing and organizing everything for the premiere and therefore there is no proper way to camp out there. But everyone said they will be camping out anyway.
I won't camp out but stay at a hotel and get there SUPER early on the 7th. You should really check out that facebook site. here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...81&topic=15871

I am not going to dress up either. I'll wear my own Harry Potter shirt and that's that. Let's hope the weather isn't too hot nor too cold. That would suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessa View Post
Are you in the UK? If you are, you may see me around Leicester Square/Trafalgar Square depending on where I end up on the day

I'm planning on wearing my Voldemort to the Premiere so you should know it's me easy enough .

I would have loved to have had him playing with the Death Eaters at the last premiere as that would have looked awesome!
dude this is super scary. haha but awesome.

Old June 21st, 2011, 1:58 am
Second Year

Quote:

-Whimsic Alley robes
-Sweater
-Tie
-Black or grey pants
-Black dress shoes
-Alivans socks
-Maybe a scarf
-Harry Potter glasses
-Student hat
-Scar on my forehead
-Gryffindor arm bands

I too am dressing up. I will be going as Malfoy... my hair is just like his now (same cut as my sig pic, but now white/blonde).

I will have on:
-my Slytherin robes that I am currently making (i just bought $100 worth of material!)
-my Lochaven Slytherin sweater (ordered it just for this film)
-Grey trousers
-Black Dress Shoes
-Slytherin Tie
-White button up
-My Hermione Illuminating wand (I don't want to bring my Nobel Snape wand, I'm afraid I'll break it)
-A cocked up eyebrow.

Severus Snape ~ The Boy Who Loved
Old June 22nd, 2011, 3:55 am
Third Year

Re: How will you be seeing the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taemin View Post
2D or 3D? (Which one first, I mean :P) At midnight or later on? At a full theater or one with fewer people?

I'd prefer to watch the movie in 2D and come out the way I came in with PS but there are seriously no theaters nearby not showing it in 3D. I got tickets and today they're sold out, so I know I'll at least have a room full of people to cry and cheer with!
At all the theatres they are only selling tickets for midnight showings in 3D. I am really upset about this because I HAVE to see it at midnight, and I seriously don't want to see it in 3D as I feel it will ruin the emotional experience of the film.
My friend thinks that eventually they'll open up a midnight showing in 2D (the big local theatre just keeps opening midnight showings as they fill up), but I can't be sure and I want to buy my tickets soon...
I am stressing so much over this. Am I overreacting? It just matters so much to me that during my first viewing of DH2 I am not distracted by nonsense like 3D. Do you think the 3D will be any good? I know it's just the theatres' way of making extra money off the rabid midnight-going fans.

Edit: It's also really hard to wipe away tears behind 3D glasses.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 2:45 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katierae View Post
i live in australia, so i wasn't talking about going to the major premiere, i just mean opening night at your local cinema. what is everyone doing for it?
Of course, living in Australia also means that the film opens on the 13th and not the 15th.

http://www.majesticcinemas.com.au/Mo...lows-Part-2-3d

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References