Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premiere parties

Old June 28th, 2011, 2:58 pm
First Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Premieres

How is everyone getting ready for Deathly Hallows Part 2?

If you are in the NYC area, the Museum of the Moving Image is having a film series featuring all seven of the films that will end the day before Part 2 comes out! It is a great chance to see all of the movies on the big screen again before the final chapter.

If you're interested, visit http://www.movingimage.us/films/2011...-harry-potter/ for more information.

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2011, 4:05 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayface View Post

If you are in the NYC area, the Museum of the Moving Image is having a film series featuring all seven of the films that will end the day before Part 2 comes out! It is a great chance to see all of the movies on the big screen again before the final chapter.

If you're interested, visit http://www.movingimage.us/films/2011...-harry-potter/ for more information.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm on their mailing list and somehow missed this!

Old June 28th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayface View Post

I really wish they'd do something like this in my town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSleepyHead View Post
Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to be as detailed and careful about attending the premiere, as I want to maximize my enjoyment. I realize that I may not be close to or even see the celebrities, but I at least hope that the atmosphere and the surrounding fans would be enough to compensate for that loss! I know some of these questions may be impossible to answer, but I appreciate your consideration!
I hope you have a great experience and I hope to hear about it. I was planning on attending the premiere there as well, but things didn't turn out as planned.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old June 30th, 2011, 9:16 pm
First Year

i'm going to the NY premiere! i'm going by myself and i've never been to one before but i can't get there until around noon. hopefully it won't be ridiculously crowded.

does anyone have any info about any press conferences/photo calls/after parties? i am on a mission to meet them haha. i think i'm staying at the same hotel too.

Old July 1st, 2011, 4:49 pm
Snidget of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh
People will do the overnight thing, but it usually isn't that many, from what I can recall. If the apartment you'll be staying at isn't far away, maybe you can scope it out? I'm sure reports might show up on the various social media sites as well. I live in NYC (outer boro) and I won't do it, but that's me.
Yes, I will be staying fairly close, I believe. I am not incredibly educated on the New York City atlas, but I think I will be just a few blocks away.

I will be arriving in the city on Saturday, and I will likely be spending some time with my relative on Sunday. Depending on availability, I may look into attending that Sunday's performance of "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying." Also, I may try to go to the Harry Potter Exhibition, as this will really be one of my only chances before it leaves the United States. However, I do not want either of those to conflict with my premiere aspirations.

I intend on speaking with the employees at Avery Fisher Hall (by telephone, if possible, and then in-person), as well as scope out the area on Saturday and Sunday, learning as much as possible from those excursions. If I deem it prudent, I will stay overnight in the area, provided I have a good spot and it seems safe enough (i.e. Enough premiere-related workers and/or fans). If the overnight is not necessary, I will wake up early Monday morning and wait all day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boussh
To a certain degree it's just fans mingling, but sites like Mugglenet might have a person there doing giveaways. They did at the last two premieres. Feltbeats (Tom Felton's club) also have a done little trivia things in the past.
This would be lots of fun, and I hope there are fan-friendly activities. However, the accessibility of these activities will be questionable. I doubt anyone would lose their place in order to go to a trivia booth! But more large-scale, stationary activities would be enjoyable!
Quote:
IMO, what would make this better than last time is if they closed the street and took down the tent. Then we'd have a chance at seeing something. So let's cross our fingers!
I'll do that!
Quote:
OK, well I can tell you what happened at the HBP premiere. That one was arrivals at 6 pm and somewhere around 7-7:30 they were inside the theater and I think it was after 10:30 when they came out. The arrivals are earlier and DH2 is shorter than HBP so they would probably be out sooner. Usually they say that the cast of a film won't stay for the film, but they all stayed for HBP.
With other, non-Harry Potter related premieres, I have heard that it is always best to stay the entire time, as many onlookers dissipate and the later times (i.e. during and after the screening) are when it is easier to see many of the actors, as they leave. But multiple exits could, of course, diminish the chances of seeing many of the crew.
Quote:
Well as long as you know it's hit or miss and you're cool with just experiencing the chance to see something while hanging out with other fans then you'll be OK.
Yes, I have no problem with this. At any rate, it will be much better than the most recent midnight showings I have gone to (that is, lackluster fan participation and excitement). Being surrounded by the true fans will certainly be worthwhile, no matter the outcome of seeing the actors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayface
My local theatre did this with the release of HBP. For the summer, I am in a new area, so I am still in the process of inquiring with the local theatres of their DH release plans (Of course, while I will be going to the New York red carpet premiere on July 11, I will also be going to the midnight release on July 15!). But I think an all-day showing of the first 7 films, culminating with the 8th, would be a very poetic way of experiencing the end of the film series!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhanax315
I hope you have a great experience and I hope to hear about it. I was planning on attending the premiere there as well, but things didn't turn out as planned.
I will certainly provide a summary of my experience! And I'm sorry to read that you missed your chance. I was very fortunate that my summer plans have taken me up to Maine, and that my work schedule has allowed me to go down to New York for July 11-12. And, of course, even more fortunate that I have a relative with whom I can stay! As I say, I am very, very fortunate that things have (thus far) fallen into place.

I have also been entering the scattered contests/sweepstakes for tickets to the premiere. Of course, the chances of winning are very, very slim, but at least I have tried. It would truly be a once-in-a-lifetime experience to win one of those tickets!

Also, Warner Bros. has just released information for those planning on attending the London world premiere: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/harrypo...ion/index.html.

This release contains valuable information about location, availability, and other advice! I hope they release something similar for the New York premiere, but I will not dare to hope.
Warner Bros., World Premiere for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, on Thursday 7th July 2011Welcome to the World Premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 visitor's information home.

These pages aim to give you all the information you need about attending the Harry Potter Premiere for fans.
Our premieres are friendly, fun events and we aim to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. Please take your time and read through these pages which provide help, guides, tips and links so that you can enjoy the action on the red carpet!

How To Find Us, Maps & Transport
Red Carpet Line Up & Movie Information Times
Access to Viewing Areas
Special Requirements and Wheelchair Users
What to Wear & What to Take
Weather

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Old July 2nd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Any trivia stuff from the fan site was either happening on the line or through twitter. There wasn't a station or anything where people went to participate. Remember, this is all happening on a public street where regular people are still commuting back and forth from work and so on... NYC is crazy busy on a normal day so imagine adding a mob of people.

I also would highly recommend going to the HP Exhibition. It doesn't take that long to go through it, so I don't think it will eat up too much of your time. Maybe a couple of hours or so...

Old July 3rd, 2011, 2:17 pm
First Year

Hey Everyone!

I'm actually new on this forum so heyy everyone . I'll be driving down there from Canada and like would be there monday morning standing and waiting from the show to start. I was wondering, whoever here was attending the premiere, that if we should form a group or something. So like if we need to we can go in and out easily and etc. Just let me know guys, ithink it will be beneficial to all of us .. And ofcourse dig out information.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 2:44 pm
First Year

Who's attending the London premiere at Trafalgar Square? I think I'm going alone and I'm REALLY scared. How early do I have to go to get my wristband? Do I have to camp for that as well?

Hmmm ... if anyone's interested in coming with me, please message me!

Old July 3rd, 2011, 6:18 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_B View Post
Who's attending the London premiere at Trafalgar Square? I think I'm going alone and I'm REALLY scared. How early do I have to go to get my wristband? Do I have to camp for that as well?

I'm attending! I've heard about the wristband thing aswell, but I didn't need one when I went to the HBP premiere at Leicester Square. Maybe because this is the last one and the biggest one.
The info I read state that you can collect the wristband from Wednesday 6th from 10 am. That's alot earlier than I was planning to get to Trafalgar, I hope it doesn't run out

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Old July 4th, 2011, 7:08 am
First Year

Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Theater Events

Hello all! I've come to the COS Forums in search of any tips/insight you might be able to give me. My younger sisters and I are all fans of Harry Potter and are very excited for Deathly Hallows, Part 2. For the last 3 films, we've gone to midnight shows together. However, as this is the final installment, we'd like to do something special. I envision something similar to the "Midnight Magic" parties that all the bookstores held when a new book came out. Does anyone know of any theaters in the NY/Metro area holding special events for the premiere (on July 14th, not the actual U.S. premiere event)? Please let me know in a reply! Thank you!!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times,
when one only remembers to turn on the light."

- Albus Dumbledore
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:52 am
First Year

Am going down to trafalgar square with a friend on weds morning to try and get wristbands. We should be there for about half 6-7am but still not sure if it'll be early enough :/ wondering whether it'll be an orderly queue or just a massive scramble? also will wristbands guarantee entrance to the viewing pens? we're aiming to get there a similar time on thurs morning...

Old July 4th, 2011, 5:52 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehound26 View Post
Hey Everyone!

I'm actually new on this forum so heyy everyone . I'll be driving down there from Canada and like would be there monday morning standing and waiting from the show to start. I was wondering, whoever here was attending the premiere, that if we should form a group or something. So like if we need to we can go in and out easily and etc. Just let me know guys, ithink it will be beneficial to all of us .. And ofcourse dig out information.
i'll be there! that sounds like a good idea.

Old July 4th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Re: Deathly Hallows Part 2 - Theater Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellahomora View Post
Hello all! I've come to the COS Forums in search of any tips/insight you might be able to give me. My younger sisters and I are all fans of Harry Potter and are very excited for Deathly Hallows, Part 2. For the last 3 films, we've gone to midnight shows together. However, as this is the final installment, we'd like to do something special. I envision something similar to the "Midnight Magic" parties that all the bookstores held when a new book came out. Does anyone know of any theaters in the NY/Metro area holding special events for the premiere (on July 14th, not the actual U.S. premiere event)? Please let me know in a reply! Thank you!!
Well the AMC Empire 25 on 42nd Street in Times Square is having the DH1 and DH2 combo ticket thing. Looks like it might be sold out though.

http://www.movietickets.com/house_de...F2011&sortid=1

I'm going to the AMC Lowes Lincoln Square 13 and there will be loads of fans there, and news people ect. Multiple screenings go on there at midnight. Most of the showings are sold out but the 12:30am is open.

I'm sure any midnight showing at one of the bigger theaters in the city will have fan events, meaning fans in attendance, cosplaying and all that.

Old July 4th, 2011, 8:20 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeGalleons View Post
Am going down to trafalgar square with a friend on weds morning to try and get wristbands. We should be there for about half 6-7am but still not sure if it'll be early enough :/ wondering whether it'll be an orderly queue or just a massive scramble? also will wristbands guarantee entrance to the viewing pens? we're aiming to get there a similar time on thurs morning...
Of course you'll be early enough, lol. The wristbands won't be given out until from Wednesday morning at 10 am. You'll have hours to spare,even. Yeah the wristbands are basically your garauntee to access the viewing pens.

A journey never to forget

"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happpens," said Ron.

Proud Ravenclaw

"I was here...
I did, I've done, everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be"
Old July 4th, 2011, 9:20 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieSnowmantle View Post
Of course you'll be early enough, lol. The wristbands won't be given out until from Wednesday morning at 10 am. You'll have hours to spare,even. Yeah the wristbands are basically your garauntee to access the viewing pens.
I was thinking people might camp for wristbands - am i overestimating people's mentalness then?
also don't know when to get there on thurs to get a good spot?

Old July 5th, 2011, 2:33 am
First Year

In my new town, they are showing DH1 on the night of the 12th, which will lead up to the midnight showing on the 13th.

I am going to the 9.45am showing on the 13th. I have three young kids so I cannot go the midnight one, I would most likely fall asleep anyhow, well prob not as it is Harry Potter

Snape is my hero.
Old July 5th, 2011, 9:22 am
First Year

Hi, I am so excited about the red carpet event in NYC. I am flying in NYC from Puerto Rico on Friday the 8th to be able to camp out from Sun to Mon in front of Avery Hall. I've never done anything like this before so I really don't know if it is even realistic to think I am going to get any sleep out in the street with all the activity going on around (suggestions?) Also I would love to know if anyone has any good pointers on things I may really, really need during that night.
I really have no idea what the layout is like for Avery Hall and I was hopping that someone may give me some pointers on a good spot ??? Any help will be great Thank you!! I cann't wait!!!

Old July 5th, 2011, 10:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeGalleons View Post
I was thinking people might camp for wristbands - am i overestimating people's mentalness then?
also don't know when to get there on thurs to get a good spot?
From what I have heard from people I met online who are already in London right now that there are already people camping out. I bet there will be a bunch that will be there on Wed 6th at 10AM for those wristbands. I wont be able to get there before 1pm and hopefully those 30.000 arent gone by then. i doubt it though.
who of you guys is going to camop out? does anyone know when they will open this fan area for which you need those wrist bands? also on the 6th at 10? i just hope it wont be as rainy as the forecasts say and i hope i iwll meet tons of nice people especially since i am going alone. i will be the girl with the black shirt with the deathly hallows symbol on it. LOL doubt it though i will be the onnly one with it.

Old July 5th, 2011, 2:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by acciowinter View Post
From what I have heard from people I met online who are already in London right now that there are already people camping out. I bet there will be a bunch that will be there on Wed 6th at 10AM for those wristbands. I wont be able to get there before 1pm and hopefully those 30.000 arent gone by then. i doubt it though.
who of you guys is going to camop out? does anyone know when they will open this fan area for which you need those wrist bands? also on the 6th at 10? i just hope it wont be as rainy as the forecasts say and i hope i iwll meet tons of nice people especially since i am going alone. i will be the girl with the black shirt with the deathly hallows symbol on it. LOL doubt it though i will be the onnly one with it.
Omg people are mental - they'll be there for like 60 hours :o do you know if it's just a few people already there or loads? are you camping tomorrow night then?

Old July 5th, 2011, 4:19 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_B View Post

Hi! I'm scared and going alone too! I'm going to go up to london early tomorrow morning to try and get a wristband but im working on thursday so even if i get one i wont be able to get there until 2ish! Arghhh, they have made it soo difficult!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References