Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives

Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

Old September 28th, 2008, 11:05 pm
First Year

Re: Muggle Quidditch 2.0?!

For part 3, Arrows is capitalized, and, also, that could refer to the Wimbouldone(?) Wasps, and down in part 5, it mentions a gambler, wi=hich could be Ludo Baggman..

Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:50 pm
First Year

I love this! folks are thinking and I'm getting stoked!

ok, I think we can agree that the first 3 riddles make up the domain name. just remember however, that the second riddle refers to date and time as well, not just part of the domain name.

and kudos to chillybee for figuring out the Appleby Arrows for Part Three, and to Huffley_love for coming up with the idea about 4 and 5. on that note, I think we all concur that riddle 4 is the user name and riddle 5 is the password, both of which will need to be entered to gain access to the domain.

also remember that the post scriptum is not part of the five riddles. it refers to the five and what we need to do with them. so I think we need to discover the real purpose behind the post scriptum, especially as it refers to MuggleNet. is the reference to "a gambler's word" the word check? or is it a reference to Ludo Bagman? also, could Ludo Bagman be L? just another thought.

this is shiny, folks! let's keep the thoughts coming!

Old September 29th, 2008, 12:09 am
First Year

We've got, so far: cockatrice, D.A. galleons, Appleby Arrows/Wimbourne Wasps/???, Aberforth? and the only riddle I'm sure we've solved, with Veritas as the password once we figure everything else out.

But something I've noticed: All 3 of the first 3 riddles can refer to dates, or at least years.

For number 1, it could be 1792, the year that the cockatrice went on a rampage.
For number 2, it could be 10/15
For number 3, it could be the battle that was possibly referred to, the only problem is no set date was given:
(From Quidditch Through the Ages): "they are alleged to have taken their name from a nasty incident which occured during a match against the Appleby Arrows (!) in the mid-seventeenth century, when a Beater flying past a tree on the edge of the pitch noticed a wasps' nest among the branches and batted it towards the Arrows' Seeker..."

Quote of the day/week/login:
Ron: "Follow the spiders? Why couldn't it be follow the butterfiles?!"
Old September 29th, 2008, 12:11 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpredhead View Post
L directed me to this page specifically, so I expect he is monitoring it.
Hi L!
what do you mean L directed you here specifically? directly to this forum or to mugglenet? I myself had the link to mugglenet in the email I got. just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffley_love View Post
But something I've noticed: All 3 of the first 3 riddles can refer to dates, or at least years.

For number 1, it could be 1792, the year that the cockatrice went on a rampage.
For number 2, it could be 10/15
For number 3, it could be the battle that was possibly referred to, the only problem is no set date was given
also remember that for number two it says to interchange the numbers. previously the idea came up that the date could really be 11/05, which is Guy Fawkes Day in England. and of course, Fawkes the Phoenix was name after Guy Fawkes.

as for the year in number three, it could be 1894, the year when shooting arrows from wands was banned when a referee was shot through the nose. as for when the Wasps adopted their name during a game against the Arrows, it only said mid-seventeenth century. however, as the Wasps were founded in 1312, the Arrows weren't founded till 1612, so said game may have only been a short while after the founding of the Arrows.

Last edited by epeter29; September 29th, 2008 at 12:27 am.
Old September 29th, 2008, 1:58 am
First Year

This may seem out there, but we're kinda in the "everyone throw in ideas" phase.
I got Part 2 for my email, and i read the third line as "keep changing numbers HEEDED", as in "heed the numbers that change." I might be wrong/grammatically incorrect, but still just putting this in there.

Part 2 seems the only viable option for the date since the other numbers don't quite fit . The years in parts 1 and 3 could point towards the time, but they both end in the 90's.

So let's recap again:

www.cockatrice-fawkes?-bagman?.com
username: aberforth
password: veritas
Date: November 5th, 2008
Time: ??:??

I hope i compiled that right.
The last two parts of the domain name were "educated guesses". I used Fawkes because a lot of people think that the switched numbers lead to Guy Fawkes Day. I used Bagman because the P.S. mentioned gambling, and part three and the whole Arrows/Wasps thing.
There's still the first two lines of Part 2 that bug me:
No more than one is needed
For meetings clandestine;
We haven't figured out what that means yet. Have we?

"I have gone temporarily deaf and did not hear a word you said." Albus Dumbledore
Old September 29th, 2008, 2:31 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpotterbob View Post
This may seem out there, but we're kinda in the "everyone throw in ideas" phase.
I got Part 2 for my email, and i read the third line as "keep changing numbers HEEDED", as in "heed the numbers that change." I might be wrong/grammatically incorrect, but still just putting this in there.

Part 2 seems the only viable option for the date since the other numbers don't quite fit . The years in parts 1 and 3 could point towards the time, but they both end in the 90's.

So let's recap again:

www.cockatrice-fawkes?-bagman?.com
username: aberforth
password: veritas
Date: November 5th, 2008
Time: ??:??

I hope i compiled that right.
The last two parts of the domain name were "educated guesses". I used Fawkes because a lot of people think that the switched numbers lead to Guy Fawkes Day. I used Bagman because the P.S. mentioned gambling, and part three and the whole Arrows/Wasps thing.
Lets remember that the bagman isn't part of the domain, and also that the arrows clue refers to the Wasps.

Old September 29th, 2008, 3:48 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpotterbob View Post
I think we're in general agreement, or at least the only idea we've had so far, is the D.A. Galleons.

Old September 29th, 2008, 1:39 pm
First Year

I definitely agree that part two sounds like the D.A. Galleons. I personally don't think it has anything to do with actually changing the numbers to form a date... but that is just me.

Old September 29th, 2008, 2:59 pm
Second Year

can sombody catch me up, i have put my email on the sight, but i havent gotten an email yet, i got the thing at the bottom of the sight, i am lost though

(No picture avalible at this time because that is the way i do things)
Old September 29th, 2008, 3:45 pm
First Year

I also got the riddle about the brother, but I'm not sure if Aberforth is the right answer. It seems too obvious, and I can't connect him with any tickets. When are tickets ever mentioned? I can only think of for maybe the World Quidditch Cup. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about that.

Old September 29th, 2008, 5:25 pm
First Year

Hey.... i'm new to this forum... and i've been reading up on this muggle quidditch 2.0 thing since a while and i believe that i have deciphered most of the riddles... i'll be posting what i have found out so far in the next post....

Part One:
Rooster and lizard
would in ancient days maim
three judgmental wizards
who managed the game

Meaning:
This could refer to the Cockatrice incident that took place in 1792 during the Triwizard Tournament, it attacked the 'three heads' of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons. Note: Reference to Quidditch

Part 2:
For meetings clandestine
Keep changing numbers heeded
To discover date and time

Meaning:
Refers to Hermione's Protean Charm on the Fake Galleons for the D.A meetings. And, could relate to Guy Fawkes Day - 5th Nov.... time = ???

Part 3:
An ancient brigade, strong and true
In battle we gained our name
As deadly Arrows around us flew
Not a single man was slain

Meaning: refers to the match b/w the Wimbourne Wasps and the Appleby Arrows during the mid-17th century... it was during this match did the Wasps get their name when one of their beaters hit a wasp net towards the opposing seeker. Reference to Quidditch.

Part 4:
You seek to Name of the brother
Of he who guides this story's path;
Exchanging tickets with another
For relief from Ministry's wrath.

Meaning: This story does not refer to Harry Potter but the mystery of who is behind this Muggle Quidditch, let's assume Mr. 'L' is Ludo Bagman. His brother= Otto Bagman. Arthur Weasley had helped Otto out of a ministry problem with the Muggle Artifacts Office because of an unusual lawnmower. That's why Ludo arranged Arthur's tickets to the World Cup; for helping his brother. AGAIN QUIDDITCH REFERENCE.

Part 5:
Though buried right before your eyes
You may never have seen
A password hidden for the wise;
The truth that lies in between.

Meaning: V-E-R-I-T-A-S; as solved by previous members as well. Answer was given on mugglequidditch.com

Part 1:
Rooster and lizard
would in ancient days maim
three judgmental wizards
who managed the game

Meaning:
This could refer to the Cockatrice incident that took place in 1792 during the Triwizard Tournament, it attacked the 'three heads' of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons. Note: Reference to Quidditch

Part 2:
For meetings clandestine
Keep changing numbers heeded
To discover date and time

Meaning:
Refers to Hermione's Protean Charm on the Fake Galleons for the D.A meetings. And, could relate to Guy Fawkes Day - 5th Nov.... time = ???

Part 3:
An ancient brigade, strong and true
In battle we gained our name
As deadly Arrows around us flew
Not a single man was slain

Meaning: refers to the match b/w the Wimbourne Wasps and the Appleby Arrows during the mid-17th century... it was during this match did the Wasps get their name when one of their beaters hit a wasp net towards the opposing seeker. Reference to Quidditch.

Part 4:

Meaning: This story does not refer to Harry Potter but the mystery of who is behind this Muggle Quidditch, let's assume Mr. 'L' is Ludo Bagman. His brother= Otto Bagman. Arthur Weasley had helped Otto out of a ministry problem with the Muggle Artifacts Office because of an unusual lawnmower. That's why Ludo arranged Arthur's tickets to the World Cup; for helping his brother. AGAIN QUIDDITCH REFERENCE.

Part 5:
Though buried right before your eyes
You may never have seen
A password hidden for the wise;
The truth that lies in between.

Meaning: V-E-R-I-T-A-S; as solved by previous members as well. Answer was given on mugglequidditch.com

So, basically, parts 1,3 and 4 of the riddle relates to Quidditch, part 5 is the password, part 2 is the date and time, which is slightly not finalized yet. The answer to who sent us the mail is mostly Ludo Bagman and as asked in part 4, his brother, Otto could be the username for something....

Old September 29th, 2008, 5:48 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen7492 View Post
Part 4:

I completely agree with you I remember now about the tickets never thought of that before as with the whole time and date in part two i still think the date is Oct 15th but not sure of the time yet

Old September 29th, 2008, 5:56 pm
First Year

Yea.... part 2 is quite confusing, it could be 15th October, but i can't figure out the exact time....

Old September 29th, 2008, 6:10 pm
First Year

Quote:
Yea.... part 2 is quite confusing, it could be 15th October, but i can't figure out the exact time....
I was thinking either 10.15am or 11.05 am possibly PM cuz the date would be 15/10 rearrange the numbers? something like that

Old September 29th, 2008, 6:13 pm
First Year

If by not rearranging 15/10, the time would come to 3:10 pm as well.... going by the 24 hr clock, 1500 hours is 3 o'clock

*~*~*Ice Queen7492*~*~*
Old September 29th, 2008, 6:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
If by not rearranging 15/10, the time would come to 3:10 pm as well.... going by the 24 hr clock, 1500 hours is 3 o'clock
or it could be 10.15 am depending on weither or not its an american time?

Old September 29th, 2008, 6:56 pm
First Year

Has anyone just attempted to use the ideas we've had to make a website?

like www.cockatrice.galleons.wasps.com

...fyi, that one doesn't work. just tried it. XD
And it doesn't work without the periods either.

I'm just wondering, so we can maybe see what others have tried. I've been googling some terms we've come up with, to see if I can find the site that way, but nothing's coming up...

Old September 29th, 2008, 7:16 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffley_love View Post
Has anyone just attempted to use the ideas we've had to make a website?

like www.cockatrice.galleons.wasps.com

...fyi, that one doesn't work. just tried it. XD
And it doesn't work without the periods either.

I'm just wondering, so we can maybe see what others have tried. I've been googling some terms we've come up with, to see if I can find the site that way, but nothing's coming up...
Maybe adding it to the end of the website will work?

Old September 29th, 2008, 8:43 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillybee View Post
Maybe adding it to the end of the website will work?
You mean adding it to the end of mugglenet?

Tried that.

Mugglenet.com/cockatrice/galleons/wasps gives a "webpage cannot be found" page.

Old September 29th, 2008, 8:55 pm
First Year

"Part 4:

Meaning: This story does not refer to Harry Potter but the mystery of who is behind this Muggle Quidditch, let's assume Mr. 'L' is Ludo Bagman. His brother= Otto Bagman. Arthur Weasley had helped Otto out of a ministry problem with the Muggle Artifacts Office because of an unusual lawnmower. That's why Ludo arranged Arthur's tickets to the World Cup; for helping his brother. AGAIN QUIDDITCH REFERENCE."

That is very possible! I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone think it may be significant though that "Name" is capitalized, or is that just at typing error?

Last edited by KiraMae; September 29th, 2008 at 9:08 pm.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives