Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies

Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

Old July 8th, 2007, 3:26 pm
First Year

Re: Will Harry die in Deathly Hallows? v5

I think Harry will live. Dumbledore lived after vanquishing the dark lord Grindelwald. And since the prophecy says neither can live while the other survives... if Harry vanquishes Voldy then Harry can live.

Unfortunately i think Ron will die, his willingness to sacrifice himself in the chess game might have been insight to what he'll do in book 7.

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2007, 3:28 pm
First Year

My gut feeling is that Harry will die in the process of getting rid of Voldemort and Ron and Hermione will survive to comfort each other and get a kind of happy ending.

Old July 8th, 2007, 3:31 pm
First Year

I don't want Harry to die. The thought of it saddens me deeply.

But, I jsut read a hadline story on MSN.com that JKR sobbed when she finished a chapter near the end of Deathly Hallows. A direct quote from hte article is "“When I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled,” she told the BBC television presenter."

So, I think the two characters are in fact Harry and Volde. Seems contrvied I know. But, the sobbing worries me for Harry.

The article can be found at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19631825/?GT1=10150

Old July 8th, 2007, 3:51 pm
First Year

No, I don't think he will die. Because, although it has promise as a meaningful end to the series, it would not be a good selling point for the books. Sorry to sound so cynical. Anyway I personally don't want him to die.

Old July 8th, 2007, 4:12 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Into_The_Maze View Post
it would not be a good selling point for the books. Sorry to sound so cynical.
She has always made it abundantly clear that she couldn't care less about this. If Rowling never sold another book neither her, her children, her grandchildren etc. will ever have to work or run out of money.

On Jonathan Ross: when he said that people do not want to see characters they get attached to die, she pulled a face as if to say: 'Yeah well, I'm sorry about that'.

'Why is every critical moment in fate or the adult or child so clearly coloured by emotion?’ Vygotsky
Old July 8th, 2007, 7:29 pm
First Year

I used to think Harry won't and the trio with Ginny live too. But now,after Ross' interview, I get this really bad feeling that the trio and Ginny die.
You know, if all three and Ginny die TOGETHER, I wouldn't be as heartbrokenn as if only one of them dies, or only one is left alive. If only Harry lives after losing Ginny AND his two best friends,what kind of life will it be for him? The same with the others. If they have to die, I'd rather they all died together, else, they all live (which is starting to seem highly bleak now )

Old July 8th, 2007, 7:30 pm
Animaga terpsichore

I believe Harry will live. He has the will power. He has help from his friends. He just needs to believe in himself.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old July 8th, 2007, 8:11 pm
First Year

I think Harry will die in the 7th book because if he doesn't die, the series wouldn't truly end, and I think JKR wants the series to end with this book. Also, if Harry died in a truly satisfying way, and took Voldemort down with him, no one would be disappointed in the series. I think that is the only way for the series to end, with both Harry and Voldemort dying.

Old July 8th, 2007, 9:36 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapeRoxMyWorld View Post
I think Harry will die in the 7th book because if he doesn't die, the series wouldn't truly end, and I think JKR wants the series to end with this book. Also, if Harry died in a truly satisfying way, and took Voldemort down with him, no one would be disappointed in the series. I think that is the only way for the series to end, with both Harry and Voldemort dying.

This is really the only way I see Harry dying--taking Voldemort with him: perhaps they both go through the veil? I do think that whatever the case, Rowling will not have changed her original plan. I have far too much respect for her as an author to believe that she would alter her original intent and kill Harry just because she doesn't want to be bothered with people asking her to write another book. She really has a bigger stake in the Potterverse than any of us do, there's no way she would betray that and kill Harry for ultimately selfish reasons.

If we ever discovered, or even began to suspect, that our spontaneity was a part of their order...we'd be lost.

"I am not worried, Harry. I am with you."

Seriously, folks. This is our last time. Please, please, don't spoil it. Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 8th, 2007, 9:40 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurven View Post
This is really the only way I see Harry dying--taking Voldemort with him: perhaps they both go through the veil? I do think that whatever the case, Rowling will not have changed her original plan. I have far too much respect for her as an author to believe that she would alter her original intent and kill Harry just because she doesn't want to be bothered with people asking her to write another book. She really has a bigger stake in the Potterverse than any of us do, there's no way she would betray that and kill Harry for ultimately selfish reasons.
No, I know she would never do that. I think that Harry may be a horcrux, in which case he would have to die anyway.
I also think that Snape will kill Voldemort after LV kills Harry, but that is another story.

Snape is great
Dumbledore is dead
Ron is hot
and Harry is going to die

Old July 8th, 2007, 10:04 pm
First Year

I really hope Harry dosn't die. One of the first chapters was "The Boy wo lived" and what a great way to end the book. (I also like the ides of him becoming the DADA teacher at Hogwarts.)

Here is another thought... remember the Sorcer's Stone. Harry went to the mirror and saw himself with his parents. Ron also looked in the mirror and saw himself as Head Boy and with the Quiditch cup. Was this foreshadowing? Ron is a Prefect and on the way to Head boy. We know Ron plays Quiditch. So, is this how the story will end for Ron. And Harry will be reunited with his parents?

Just a thought

Old July 8th, 2007, 10:16 pm
Second Year

My feelings towards Harry dieing keep changing. I wrote in this thread not long ago and said that i thought he would die and now i have changed my mind again. I think as the book is so near now that i'm gonna keep changing my mind. I'm just ready to know now whatever the outcome.

Old July 8th, 2007, 11:07 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapeRoxMyWorld View Post
Yes, and what she needs to have done if (knock on wood) she has killed him off is done it in a way that seems satisfactory or a way that we can be at peace with his death. She needs to have done it in a way that it seems right. Or she could just make him die for a seemingly useless thing like she did Dumbledore to grate the grief in just that little bit harder

Stupid shiny Volvo owner
-- Bella Swan

Robert Pattinson in Harry Potter and Twilight?
I'm good with that

Old July 8th, 2007, 11:48 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurven View Post
I really dont understand why people keep saying she has to kill him, i mean killing him just to end the series is a really bad reason for it. I mean i dont think when the idea came to her in the train,she was thinking oo and in the end he has to die, because then no one can write another book about it. Anyways didnt she say in the Ross interview that she made the contract with the publishers that only her can write about these characters. Also, if she has the word "scar" in the end, doesnt that maybe mean that Harry is still alive? it just a thought...... I mean she cried when she killed sirus, and DD, so i think she would be crying in the end of book 7,because Lupin, hagrid or any other character, it doesnt have to harry .....

well thats just my thoughts, i really dont thinks she will kill her favorite character off or any of the trio.. *i hope*

Old July 9th, 2007, 6:41 am
First Year

i dont think that harry will die. the whole series is really explaining the hardships in harry's life. and i dont think that it wud do the series justice to put harry through all this evil throughout his life to just kill him at the end. and with everyone saying that JKR sed there will be "no loose ends" i dont think that means that harry has to be gone. i think that voldie can be killed and she even sed that the last chapter is explaining whut happened to the rest of the characters after the books end. so she cud end it by saying "the war was over. harry married ginny and ron hermione," their carreers and how they die. its really easy to finish off loose ends without having to kill off the main character. i think that if harry dies then the rest of the trio must. bc of the fact that they sed after DDs fineral that they had time to get out, but they're with harry no matter whut. so i think that this may even carry over through death. i just think that harry deserves life. and he deserves a good one. JKR loves harry. she has grown with these characters for 10 years and she will udnerstand that the characters that do die, there was a reason for their death. whut wud be the reason for harry to die? other than to kill voldie and save the wizarding world, ahha? but i believe that possibly harry may be protected once again by love. possibly by his best friends, or maybe the entire order and his schoolmates that are with him. some of them will die in the process but harry will be protected. just a predictiong =)

Old July 9th, 2007, 7:03 am
Second Year

I don't think Harry will die. Then again, when I think about it, I think I'm only saying that because I really, really don't want him to die. It isn't fair. Not that all life HAS to be fair except...except...I don't know but if Harry dies I'll kill him! Waiittt.... no...that doesn't really make sense.
Yeah, there is the thing about leaving the rest of harrys life unanswered, but I'm hoping they make some kind of epilogue at the end of Deathly Hallows, telling us what happened to them, what they did, how they died...
I think the HP series must have the most COMPLEX storyline ever! At the end of almost every book there's a long explanation, right? There's so many bits and pieces, and once you get all the pieces and fit them in all together, it all makes sense.
I wonder what everything would be like if Professor Trelawney hadn't made that prediction that Dumbledore recorded as a prophecy?

Old July 9th, 2007, 7:19 pm
First Year

JKR already confirmed that the last chapter tells us what will happen to the surviving characters. As for Harry dying, i don't really care either way but i think that he won't die but he will make some sort of sacrifice that prevents him from seeing his friends again (like what happens to a certain character at the end of a certain Pirates movie, the one with feng)

Old July 9th, 2007, 7:21 pm
First Year

I honestly do not think Harry will die, however, I believe Hermionee or Ron, or even both will die. It kinda makes me sad but whatever happens happens.

Old July 9th, 2007, 8:25 pm
First Year

'I honestly do not think Harry will die, however, I believe Hermionee or Ron, or even both will die. It kinda makes me sad but whatever happens happens.'

That's what I think will happen, too. I don't want them to, and I hope Harry, Hermione and Luna survive.

Have you seen MSN news? I wrote in using the feedback button on the Entertainment page. It said: 'Two characters die', so I told them more do and J.K meant that these two are additions to the list, not the only two who die. It's saying that there's a petition going about asking that 'we, the undersigned' want more books after Harry Potter and want him to live. They're aiming for a million signatures. I think the Harry Potter books work really well as this set, and any more could potentially make them worse. Also, how can they hope to influence Harry's fate? J.K writes the story se wants to write and, besides, the books are printed and bound.

Last edited by Weasly_Wheezes; July 9th, 2007 at 8:28 pm.
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:26 pm
Second Year

I really do hope that Harry does not die. However, if he does die, then sense Voldemort has Harry's blood inside of him is it possible that he will die too? I really don't think that the way Harry kills Voldemort is through the AK curse.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Harry Potter Archives > Divination Studies