Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Deathly Hallows Documentary

Old October 9th, 2011, 2:48 pm
First Year

Deathly Hallows Documentary

Does anyone know what happened with this?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sou...nt4Kh6bwRrd4LQ

I really wanna see it.

Old October 9th, 2011, 3:04 pm
Second Year

Re: Deathly Hallows Documentary

Wow this is such a big revalation to me, I have always watched the Behind the magic documentaries and they are awesome but if David Heynman says that there will be this documatary, really I have something to look forward to. I think that the behind the scenes part is one of the things I love the most about HP, it is great to watch how did they make the movies. I am really, really waiting for it!

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Old October 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm
Second Year

I heard it might be on the DH2 DVD/Blu-Rays extras... not too sure about that though.

Old October 9th, 2011, 4:58 pm
Fourth Year

Was this the programme done by Ben Shepherd?

Old October 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiedoodle View Post
Was this the programme done by Ben Shepherd?
I belive not, David Heynman said the work had been done by a special one, I can't remeber his name right now, watch the video to have it. By the way they said the content is exclusive and has not yet been completed so I really doubt Ben Shepherd has something to do with it he has done Behind the Magic and that is one thing, this documentary they are talking about is just another.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Old October 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm
First Year

Wow that would be awesome--I absolutely love the behind the scenes stuff! I hope its in the DH2 extras, but knowing marketers they will probably make another DH2 edition specifically with this documentary!

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old October 9th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotoc_Sabbath View Post
I belive not, David Heynman said the work had been done by a special one, I can't remeber his name right now, watch the video to have it. By the way they said the content is exclusive and has not yet been completed so I really doubt Ben Shepherd has something to do with it he has done Behind the Magic and that is one thing, this documentary they are talking about is just another.
The film maker is Morgan Matthews.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old October 12th, 2011, 11:06 pm
Second Year

Well isn't this just an exciting bunch of information?

So where would it be released, do we know?

Pottermore: ShadowMagic
And because everyone loves a bit of Disney blog magic: Just a Spoonful of Sugar
Old October 13th, 2011, 7:05 am
Curse Breaker

Supposedly some material will be included on the DVD & Blu-ray releases for DH2. Whether this is the entire piece, or if it will eventually be released some other way, who knows. I haven't been able to find much about it, other than Morgan Matthews' being given unprecedented access to talent and filming during DH 1 & 2.

Old October 13th, 2011, 11:07 am
Second Year

I can't believe I hadn't heard this! Wow!

Old October 17th, 2011, 3:20 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

It's going to be released as a feature on the bluray/dvd called "When Harry left Hogwarts"

Here's a preview:

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old October 17th, 2011, 5:07 am
Seventh Year

Looks great! At the end of the video it says it is 48 minutes. Wasn;t this going to be a 2 hr documentary?

POTTERMORE USERNAME: FelicisNimbus168
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD ME ON POTTERMORE PLEASE OWL ME HERE SO I KNOW WHO IT IS
Old October 17th, 2011, 5:16 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Leaky is saying that this will be on a version released by Target... Amazon doesn't list any details about the extra features except in the UK store where it is listed as part of the extra features for the Blu Ray.

I'm confused. I definitely want the one that has this documentary on it. Hopefully more details on what is on each of the versions sold in specific stores will surface.

Old October 17th, 2011, 5:32 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccioHP View Post
Looks great! At the end of the video it says it is 48 minutes. Wasn;t this going to be a 2 hr documentary?
It looks great, but I too thought it was supposed to be a 2 hour documentary and am a bit disappointed by this news about it only being 48 minutes. That's more just like a "making of" special feature than a documentary.

"We spent time here, we made friends here. Thatís a part of us.
Because Hogwarts is bigger than any of us, itís bigger than any of its Founders.
And it's gonna be around here long after weíre gone. Maybe weíll see our kids go here.
Thatís the thing about Hogwarts: no matter how long youíre away from it, thereís always a way back."
Old October 17th, 2011, 6:10 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Wow, that preview looks simply amazing. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old October 17th, 2011, 6:33 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
Leaky is saying that this will be on a version released by Target... Amazon doesn't list any details about the extra features except in the UK store where it is listed as part of the extra features for the Blu Ray.

I'm confused. I definitely want the one that has this documentary on it. Hopefully more details on what is on each of the versions sold in specific stores will surface.
The special features that are on the Region 4 2-disc DVD haven't even been released yet! I really hope that this as well as the Dan/Jo interview are included, as the DH1 2-disc DVD included all the Bluray features excluding the Maximum Movie Mode and the Shell Cottage preview.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old October 17th, 2011, 6:37 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:

According to info posted up on Mugglenet on Sept. 20, WB has released details of special features for Blu-Ray, DVD & PS3.

The DVD will have all special features listed on the Blu-Ray EXCEPT for the Maximum Movie Mode with Matthew Lewis, and the conversation between JKR & Dan Radcliffe. So the documentary should be on both. Here's the link.
http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/show/4767

Old October 17th, 2011, 6:50 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

I am hoping it isn't a Target exclusive but that mugglenet article doesn't convince me enough to pre order the film. It is fan site info vs fan site info. I am sure leaky reported the same features at the same date. So are they just assuming the target thing because it is listed on their site? The back of the blu ray doesn't list the documentary and the only retail chains that have it listed are target and the UK amazon.

Old October 17th, 2011, 6:58 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
I am hoping it isn't a Target exclusive but that mugglenet article doesn't convince me enough to pre order the film. It is fan site info vs fan site info. I am sure leaky reported the same features at the same date. So are they just assuming the target thing because it is listed on their site? The back of the blu ray doesn't list the documentary and the only retail chains that have it listed are target and the UK amazon.
I really don't know if there's reliable info out there; I've found contradictory things on various sites; the Target site in the U.S. doesn't list ANY special features on the regular DVD, and I didn't find anything on the Warner Brothers site either. It's all kind of annoying as a fan, that possibly those without a blu-ray system don't get any of the special features (which is likely most of us).

Old October 17th, 2011, 10:44 am
Second Year

Quote:

I'm confused as well. On The Leaky Cauldron website I read that is a Target released version that features this documentary. Does this mean only people in the US who get their copy at Target will be able to watch this extra? Will this be available on the European version as well?

AND also, it always says just blu-ray. I am confused. I am not really an expert on blu-ray nor do I own any and I always buy the DVD (money issue) and I wonder if this will be on the DVD as well.

hahah oh god I worry about this too much but I just saw the teaser and it looks so incredible.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies