Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References

Pottermore v.11

Old March 28th, 2012, 4:09 pm
Second Year

Re: Pottermore v.11

Has anyone heard that they are planning to release 'Enhanced e-books' with videos, multimedia and special content. I've never felt the need to buy any e-books and didn't see the need for them, but I'd be interested in buying these.

Twitter - @NiallJAdams
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2012, 4:12 pm
Embroidered by imaginatio

As far as I know there aren't any plans for that. The Ebooks and Audiobooks are exactly the same as the normal books.

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

"Chickens come home to roost."

"It's okay...I-I'm a leaf on the wind."

Loveliest Care Bear. Expert Sig Changer
Old March 28th, 2012, 9:48 pm
Second Year

Per the Wall Street Journal, there may be possible future e-Books containing video and/or other special content, but right now the e-Books are only going to be the regular text.

"Enhanced editions that may have video and other features will eventually follow."

So I suppose it might be like the DVD releases...first, they release the eBooks in ePub format with just plain text, then in a few years they come out with Special Editions with video/illustrations/something more. There's no timeline, though, and who knows what might happen?

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old March 29th, 2012, 5:11 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I honestly can't see why you would include special features within the book? It's not like the movie where they have loads of behind the scenes footage. Behind the scenes of the books is just Jo writing... Not a very exciting video to watch.

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old March 29th, 2012, 7:23 am
First Year

Hi,

I have been away for awhile from both here and pottermore. Tried to log on a couple of days ago, but can't. It seems others here have been experiencing being the same along with losses of points, friends, stuff, etc.

I would not be too bothered by losing points or stuff, but I would not like it at all to have to be resorted or lose my wand. I'm very happy with my house - Hufflepuff. It is So me!

OwlSun126

Old March 29th, 2012, 9:47 am

I have had log in problems myself, it didn't want to accept my password in several attempts. So I tried the next day and all was fine.

Your account still exists, I checked, so I would just keep trying.

Insider said this about the missing friends, items etc:

Wednesday 28 March updateFollowing recent updates to pottermore.com in anticipation of opening to everyone in early April, we're aware that some users are unable to see the complete list of their Pottermore friends. We're working to resolve this and 'missing' friends will reappear soon. (There is no need to re-friend those who you are already friends with.)

Some users have also reported missing spell books and potions; we are investigating the cause of their disappearance and will provide further updates here on the site updates page.

Finally, please note that you may encounter some minor disruptions when using Pottermore over the next few days; we are currently implementing changes ahead of welcoming more fans to pottermore.com and these may cause certain site features to disappear temporarily. http://insider.pottermore.com/p/pott...e-updates.html

Last edited by Hes; March 29th, 2012 at 11:20 am.
Old March 29th, 2012, 3:12 pm
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

I just logged in to make sure my account is active (haven't been there since Christmas break). I'll explore the changes after Easter.

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old March 30th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I honestly can't see why you would include special features within the book? It's not like the movie where they have loads of behind the scenes footage. Behind the scenes of the books is just Jo writing... Not a very exciting video to watch.
But you know diehard fans would love to watch that.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old March 30th, 2012, 8:16 pm
Third Year

A lot of people still aren't showing up on my friends list...only the 20 that still showed up after the glitch first happened and anyone I have friended since then.

When I try to friend people who were originally on my friends list but lost from it due to the glitch, it says I am already friends with that person and therefore I can't re-add them(yet I can't remove them first and then re-add them to try to get past the glitch).

It's weird though because I can't view as much on their profile either....like their profile appears to me the way it did before I friended them. It looks like they aren't on my friends list and yet Pottermore is still telling me they are friended.

Really annoying. I hope they fix this glitch soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
I have had log in problems myself, it didn't want to accept my password in several attempts. So I tried the next day and all was fine.

Your account still exists, I checked, so I would just keep trying.

Insider said this about the missing friends, items etc:

Wednesday 28 March updateFollowing recent updates to pottermore.com in anticipation of opening to everyone in early April, we're aware that some users are unable to see the complete list of their Pottermore friends. We're working to resolve this and 'missing' friends will reappear soon. (There is no need to re-friend those who you are already friends with.)

Some users have also reported missing spell books and potions; we are investigating the cause of their disappearance and will provide further updates here on the site updates page.

Finally, please note that you may encounter some minor disruptions when using Pottermore over the next few days; we are currently implementing changes ahead of welcoming more fans to pottermore.com and these may cause certain site features to disappear temporarily. http://insider.pottermore.com/p/pott...e-updates.html
Okay I only just noticed this.

I'm glad that they are aware of the issue.

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Seventh Year

I just received an email from Pottermore - apparently they've updated their Terms and Conditions.

The email ends with this:

Quote:
The latest versions were posted on Pottermore on 27/03/2012 and can be found here: www.pottermore.com/en/terms. Please take some time to have a look. If you carry on using Pottermore 7 days after that date then you'll automatically be accepting these latest versions.
If you log in after Monday, you've accepted the terms.

ETA

There's a new video on the Pottermore page.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?”
And I will say, “Always.”
- source unknown

Last edited by MerryLore; March 31st, 2012 at 12:12 am.
Old March 31st, 2012, 5:12 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I just went to the Pottermore web-site. There is a picture frame under Jo's picture with Sneak peak on it, but when I clicked on the arrow in the middle of the picture, nothing happened.
Is there an exact date of when the site will open? Early April could be from 1-7.

Old March 31st, 2012, 9:59 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
I just went to the Pottermore web-site. There is a picture frame under Jo's picture with Sneak peak on it, but when I clicked on the arrow in the middle of the picture, nothing happened.
Is there an exact date of when the site will open? Early April could be from 1-7.
That's an introduction trailer with images from Pottermore's features.

I expect it to open in the coming week myself, but we have no date yet

Old March 31st, 2012, 4:20 pm
Second Year

Did anyone else notice that an ad for the Pottermore Shop now appears in the left-hand corner of the main chapter pop-up when you click on any of the chapters?

BronzeDragon111 on Pottermore
BronzeDragon on COS, HPANA, and tumblr
Wand: Elder with dragon heartstring, 13'', hard
Ravenclaw on both COS and Pottermore!
Old April 1st, 2012, 3:09 pm

The Pottermore Shop area is still locked when I log in to Pottermore. Also, I'm not seeing any ads for the Shop inside the chapters. Any ideas?

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old April 1st, 2012, 3:26 pm
Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccollinsmith View Post
The Pottermore Shop area is still locked when I log in to Pottermore. Also, I'm not seeing any ads for the Shop inside the chapters. Any ideas?
The locked circle at the top doesn't work for anyone, as far as I know.

There are links to the Pottermore shop in other places. The home page of Pottermore, http://www.pottermore.com/en-us, has a link to the shop in the lower right side, before you go to the sign in page. And there is a link to the shop on the first page of each Chapter, in the upper left corners. (I only looked at chapters 14 & 16, but I assume they are there in all of them.)

If you still can't get into the Pottermore shop, you could try clearing your cache or checking your pop-up settings. Maybe that will work.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson

Last edited by SusanBones; April 1st, 2012 at 3:29 pm.
Old April 1st, 2012, 3:45 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanBones View Post
The locked circle at the top doesn't work for anyone, as far as I know.

There are links to the Pottermore shop in other places. The home page of Pottermore, http://www.pottermore.com/en-us, has a link to the shop in the lower right side, before you go to the sign in page. And there is a link to the shop on the first page of each Chapter, in the upper left corners. (I only looked at chapters 14 & 16, but I assume they are there in all of them.)

If you still can't get into the Pottermore shop, you could try clearing your cache or checking your pop-up settings. Maybe that will work.
Ah. Thanks, Susan. I just assumed the circle would unlock when the shop was available. But yes, going straight to the shop from the Pottermore home page works just fine.

Thank you!

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 6:41 am
Third Year

You guys I just randomly looked at the profile of someone I just had a duel with and it shows their join date as being in March 2012. o_O

I'm not kidding.

[staff edit]

That person's join date is listed as March 28, 2012. I'm only telling you guys what account it is so you guys can see for yourself that I'm not joking.....and because Pottermore is so private that it's not like you can find out private info by looking at the person's account anyway.

I mostly decided to view the person's profile because that was the first time I've ever seen someone with such a big number at the end of their user name. I think it's the first account I have seen that has more than three numbers at the end of it.

Do you guys think it's probably a staff account and they are testing something? I mean as far as we know they have not let in new members of the public have they?

Last edited by Hes; April 2nd, 2012 at 8:35 am.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 7:58 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post
You guys I just randomly looked at the profile of someone I just had a duel with and it shows their join date as being in March 2012. o_O

I'm not kidding.

That person's join date is listed as March 28, 2012. I'm only telling you guys what account it is so you guys can see for yourself that I'm not joking.....and because Pottermore is so private that it's not like you can find out private info by looking at the person's account anyway.

I mostly decided to view the person's profile because that was the first time I've ever seen someone with such a big number at the end of their user name. I think it's the first account I have seen that has more than three numbers at the end of it.

Do you guys think it's probably a staff account and they are testing something? I mean as far as we know they have not let in new members of the public have they?
I suspect they're the staff members Pottermore Insider (?) said were going to join just before the site went public to check everything out.

Finally Pottermore is keeping me signed in all the time; I go straight to my Gateway page everytime.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998

Last edited by Hes; April 2nd, 2012 at 8:34 am.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 8:35 am

The account is naturally a staffmember since Pottermore is not out of beta. Please no speculation (and mention) about usernames and who these people might be.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 8:52 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Malfoy View Post

I'm not kidding.

[staff edit]

The Pottermore Insider says they've got staff and partners of the site to help test it out.

Quote:
Tuesday 27 March

Current Pottermore users may notice some new students in the Great Hall and common rooms over the next few days. We’ve made some updates to pottermore.com in the past week, and some of our partners are helping us test these changes as we prepare to open to everyone in early April.
I've heard that apparently the site might open to the public today. On Facebook, a group for the Pottermore Insider (I'm not sure if it is official but it seems to correspond with all the posts on their Twitter and site) has set up an event for 'Pottermore Public Release' on April 2nd at 01:00. I know friends who would be excited to get in, but I haven't heard this anywhere else.

Twitter - @NiallJAdams

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Forum Archives > Post DH References