Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts

More Than He Can Deal With

Old December 27th, 2005, 11:45 pm
First Year

More Than He Can Deal With

A/N:Hi its me. This is my very first FF ever! Its about Harry and.... well you'll see.
Chapter 1
Return to the Unwelcoming Home

Harry had been quiet the whole ride to number 4 Privet Drive. He had a lot on his mind. He knew he had to do it. He didn't want to but he had to. He had to save her. He didn't want to hurt her.

"So..." said Uncle Vernon."When do you finally leave us and get out of our hair? I can't stand having you be here."

Harry glared at his uncle. Ever since he came back from Hogwarts, second year, he wanted to curse him into obliviation. " I leave the 31st of July."

"Hmph" was all his uncle could say.

As he walked into number 4, he saw that really nothing had changed. His uncle got a larger TV. Aunt Petunia got about a dozen new kitchen appliances. Dudley had been avoiding his treadmill Smeltings had sent him. Nothing different.

When he walked into his room, he didn't bother about putting the stuff in his trunk away. He let go off everything, let them hit the ground(which Hedwig did not like) and jumped on his bed and thought.

He knew she still loved him. She knew he still loved her.

He looked at the time. 5:53. He had been home about 15 minutes and it felt like an eternity. Next to his clock however, Harry found a picture. It looked strikingly like her but she has green eyes. Harry's eyes.

He sat up, grabbed it and stared at it. It was his mother. She looked so beautiful.

She's sitting by the lake. Hogwarts lake because there was the giant squids arm out of the water. Just watching it move around. There was a man sitting next to her with messy black hair. Then Harry realized it was his dad.

It looked all too familier. Him and her had done the same exact thing a few days before it had happened. Falling back on his bed, Harry looked at it and fell asleep.

When he woke up, he looked at his clock again. 3:24. He sat up and looked around. "No" he thought. "It can't be."

It was her
--------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE!I NEED YOU TO HAVE MY ATTENTION!!!! DO NOT SEND ME OWLS BECUSE I NOW HAVE A LINK TO REVIEW!!!

Thank you for your time!
hermy_

A/N:Anyway, if you did not read my edit to last chapter, i have made a link to my feedback page. send stuff there, DO NOT SEND ME AN OWL!!!!!!
Toodles!
-------------------------------------------------------------
[b][u]Chapter 2
When She Came[B/][U/]

Harry sat there in awe. What was she doing here? He had only been here a day.

"So...."he said,"Whats up?" He took a brave stab at conversation.

"Harry James Potter don't you dare, DON'T YOU DARE pretend that nothing is wrong!"She had fury in those brown eyes of hers which scared Harry a bit.

"Ginny, I'm sorry but I had to do it. I didn't wa-"

"Don't EVEN say that you didn't want me to get hurt. Now, I want you to shut up and listen to me. Got it?"

Harry nodded. Now he was frightened.

"After Dumbledore's funneral, I thought things might be worse between us because of Voldemort and you wanting revenge. But I never thought it would go this far. This is no school girl crush Harry, I was hurt."

"I wanted to die Harry. I thought I was for a while because I felt so empty inside. I thought maybe ...well, I thought that you would come back for me. But that didn't happen."

Everything was silent. Then Harry said,

"I never understood love when I got to Hogwarts. I had no one to be friends with, let alone love. It took me a long time to realize that love can be one of the most wonderful things in a persons life. Ginny, I love you and I never ever want to be with anyone else. Please forgive me?"

Ginny thought hard on this for a moment and sat next to him on his bed.

"No."

"What!?!?!"

"Well not yet anyway."
---------------------------------------

A/N: This probably wasn't better than the first, but please review, I need all the help I can get. Link is in my signature.

Hi Everyone! Please read my story AND give me feedback! CHAPTER 10 IS NOW UP!!!!
Dreams Really Can Come True(Story)
Dreams Really Can Come True(Feedback)

Last edited by Hermy_; December 30th, 2005 at 5:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2006, 2:30 am
First Year

Re: More Than He Can Deal With

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3
Journey to the Burrow

"But-"started Harry.

"No, come with me."

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"What do you think we were going to do? Leave you here?" she said as she pointed out the window.

Puzzled, Harry looked out the window.

He saw Privet Drive like it normally is at three in the morning. But then he looked down the walk. It was Ron and Hermione waiting there looking out his window. He got dressed and waved them in.

They spun on the spot and with a small pop, they were in Harry's room.

"Hey mate. What's going on?"

"Nothing different than yesterday. What’s up Hermione?"

She and Ron smiled an evil grin and looked down at their hands. They were finger locked in each others.

“I can’t believe it. After all this time, I applaud you,” laughed Harry.

“Shut up.” Ron said even though he smiled at the thought.

“Get your things and let’s go”, said Hermione.

“I still don’t understand. What are you talking about?” said a puzzled Harry.

“You’re going home. To your REAL home. The Burrow.”

As he heard this, Harry flew around the room gathering all the things he’d manage to throw around in the short period he’d been home. He kept thinking about Ron and Hermione or him and Ginny. When he started thinking about Ginny, he thought about their breakup. And then that brought back memories of Dumbledore’s death.

He looked at his desk. He saw the fake horcrux. He began wondering whether if he’d actually find the real one or not.

“Harry, come ON!”

He hadn’t realized how long he’d been standing there. He grabbed his stuff and a still very disgruntled Hedwig and walked to everyone.

“Everyone ready?” Ron said.

“How are we going to get there? Brooms?” asked Harry

“No. It would take too long. We are apparating.”

“But I can’t apparate legall-” started Harry but then interrupted by Ginny

“Do you think that the Ministry is actually watching that?”

‘She’s right’ he thought.

“But how is Ginny going to appa-”

“We taught her,” said Ron and Hermione.

He took one last look around his room. He realized he probably wouldn’t see it ever again. Then he looked at Ron and Hermione. They were going to apparate hand in hand, smiling. He thought he probably had never ever seen them that happy. He felt really happy for them. Then he looked at Ginny and saw that she was looking at him. He never left her eyes.

“Everyone ready now” Ron said as he emphasized the last word.

“Yeah,” said Ginny and Harry at the same time, still looking at each other.

And then all of them focused on their destination, The Burrow, and apparated. But at the last second, Harry grabbed Ginny’s hand and felt as if he could apparate and not feel compressed.

A/N: Yes I know I haven’t written in a while. But I hadn’t gotten feed back. So give me some and ill write more frequently.

Hi Everyone! Please read my story AND give me feedback! CHAPTER 10 IS NOW UP!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2006, 5:27 am
First Year

Chapter 4
Welome to the Welcoming Home

As Harry landed on the ground, he fell flat on his face and noticed he broke his glasses. He stood up and fixed his glasses. Next to him, he heard a big intake of breath.

"Harry! You aren't supposed to do magic outside of school!" Hermione was being more spastic than normal. Normally, Hermione dosent really care about those kind of things. Starting to wonder if he was missing something.....

"What's going on? Is there something I should know?" Harry asked hesitantly.

"Shh! Not here. Hold on....." Ginny was walking around and looking as if someone was watching them.

"We were tipped off that there might be a deatheater following you. We came to your aunt and uncle's house to bring you here. We thought that maybe once you stepped inside your home you'd be protected so we need to get you inside now." Ron had an exasperated look on his face. He looked really worried. Harry thought how fast that he had never seen his friends happier to frightened in about 5 seconds flat.

"Okay then. But I stil don-"

"Harry we''ll explain things inside." Hermione looked as if she was going to have a seizure if he didn't get inside.

When they got inside, Harry reconized the Burrow, but it was slightly diffferent. There were many books strewn all over the place, one within eyesight said 'The Wonderful Wedding guide for Witches: Food, Entertainment, and How to Spot a Wicked Warlock.' Harry had momentarily forgotten that Fleur and Bill were going to be married this summer.

"So what's going on?"

"We basically told you. We were told by dad that you were being followed by a deatheater and that you needed to get out of that house and come here. We reckoned that you came here as soon as possible. Ginny here thought that you would be safest here." Ron looked at his sister.

"But I'm safest at Privet Drive. That's where my mom has given me the love that runs in my veins." Harry wondered why they had forgotten this.

"You haven't realized this yet Harry...." Ginny took a dramatic pause."......you are home. Privet Drive has never felt like a home to you. I know this. We all know it. We all know this too. There is more love for you in this house than in you aunt and uncles house."

After thinking about this, Harry smilied and gathered his things and went to the twin's old room. It stilled smelt of gunpowder. He chuckled to himself a bit and fell asleep.

A/N: Yes I know, this is stupid. But I have a the next chapter in my head now so ill try to get that up soon. Review Plz. Link is in my signature.

Old February 4th, 2006, 5:36 am
First Year

Chapter 5
The Confrontation

The next two weeks sped like a Firebolt. He can't imagine that eventually he'd be going off to search for the horocruxes. But he tried to keep that off his mind. He commonly thought about Ginny when he wasn't thinking about his mission.

However, even though the weeks he'd been here had been nothing but hustle and bustle. The wedding was sooner than Harry thought, and it was July 30th. Mrs. Weasley, even though she wasn't thrilled with Fleur being her future-daughter-in-law, she did everything in her way to make this wedding, in her opinion, better than Celestina Warbeck, her favorite singer on the Wireless Witching Hour.

Fleur however, was worried about Gabrielle. Apparently she had been very ill lately and was wondering whether if she could come or not. And if it wasn't her obseesing about Gabrielle, it was the flowers or the outfits or Mrs. Weasley's 'eavy food.

The day was soon approaching and Harry knew that he had to tell very soon...

---------------------------

On the day of July 29th, things were getting put together for tomarrow and people were still spazzing out. But Ginny he noticed was becoming more distant from him. He'd walk in a room and she'd walk out the other way. Or whenever they played quidditch (with secrecy sensors so that the death eater supposibly stalking Harry wouldn't find them)she'd be quiet the whole time or wouldn't even play at all.

He wanted to know what was going on. It was driving him crazy. He found her one day in her room, writing in a diary. Finding this odd and also feeling as if had cornered her, he walked in.

"So....I see you have overcome diary fear...." He said this with slight hestitation because he knew that the idea of a diary ever since her 1st year had become a touchy subject.

"Mmmhmmmm....."

"Why have you been avoiding me lately?" He dedicided he wasn't going to beat around the bush and just get on with it.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I haven't been avoiding you. Maybe you have been avoiding me..." She said this all too casually for Harry to be satisfied with this answer.

"Really..."

"Yep"

"Okay then. I'll just.....leave"

She didn't say anything until Harry had actually stepped ouside her room and became out of sight from inside her room when she said,"When where you going to tell me that you wern't coming back this year?"

"When did Hermione tell you?" Harry asked. Knowing that Ginny knew this, he knew that only one person told her that.

"About five days ago. You didn't answer my question. When were you going to tell me that you weren't coming back this year?"

"I was going to tell you after the wedding tomarrow. I didn't want to worry you until then. But all you have been doing lately is worrying me. You haven't talked to me or anything."

"So? You wouldn't like it if you didn't know things that concern you."

"Well there's more."

"There is? What more could there be?"

"This is very important and I need you to listen. Okay? But I do not want any protesting at the end."

She nodded gently, put down her diary and sat next to Harry while she muttered "Closius" and the door closed and clicked to signify it was locked.

"Well apparently I need to kill Voldemort or Voldemort's will kill me. In order for our side to win, I need to kill Voldemort. He has made six horcruxes in which I need to destroy. Horcruxes is probably the worst kind of magic that any wizard can do. What he does is literally rips his soul in two and stores it in an object. If I don't destroy these, Voldemort becomes more invinible and will do more things that we wouldn't prefer that he did. So I will leave on my birthday because that is when my mother's protection runs out." He wondered if that was too much for her to take in at one time.

"Okay. You do realize I am coming with you right?"

"WHAT?!?! No you will not come with me. That is WHY I told you. So you wouldn't follow me. I love you too much to lose you."

"But that is why I am coming. Nothing ever,even death, could keep me away from you."

"No. That is my final answer. You will not come with me."

And with that, he stood up and walked out of her room and walked outside to a little garden that he'd found last week and sat down, put his face in his hands and thought about that feisty girl that had finally become an adult.

A/N: Yeah I know Its all bubblely at the end. This wasn't the orginal chapter I had in mind but that will probably be the next chapter. Reviews Please! An author never recieves too much feedback.
Toodles!

Old February 4th, 2006, 5:35 pm
First Year

A/N: I don't know what has happened to me latley. I just love to write now. Thanks to all of the wonderful people who read and also to the people who REVIEW this story.

Chapter 6
The Wedding

The day of the wedding had finally come. Mrs. Weasley was in an emotional breakdown and people hade finally started to arrive. The wedding was to begin at sunset because Phelgm(A/N: I mean Fleur, its just so tempting ) thought that it was the most romantic time of the day and claims that that was when Bill proposed to her. Ginny still however, didn't agree with her but after a severely loud talk with her mother, Ginny told her mom that she agreed (but every one knew that she still didn't).

When people started to arrive, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sneaked out of the house to go play a game of quidditch one last time before Harry, Hermione, and Ron left. Ginny had become joyful in that time that they played and that led on into the wedding which suprised Harry a little. He didn't know if was because of scoring five points under Harry's nose or just a sudden change of attitude. Knowing her, something fishy was going on.

When the wedding had begun, there was a little band named "Windgardium Loviosa" who were playing very well except for the drummer who had only one drumstick. There was Ginny and Gabrielle who finally got over her sickness standing up there in their pale gold dresses. Harry couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was. After Bill and Fleur were pronounced man and wife, a crate of doves were released and there was a 5 minute fireworks show. Applause came from everyone and then everyone went to the reception.

The reception played the band except they had a more rocked-up version of the song they played. Bill and Fleur had their fisrt dance and it seemed as if every one was happy. There was Mrs. Weasley's famous cooking that seemed to please everyone, even Fleur, who splurged on the food for making it all the way to her wedding and still able to fit into her dress robes.

All four of them sat at a table far away from everyone else. They sat and talked for a bit about the little things like how fat Fleur would be in the morning or when Gabrielle was going to stop flirting with Harry and get someone her own age. There was a few moments of silence until Ron asked Hermione to dance which left Harry and Ginny alone.

"So, it was a pretty good wedding wasn't it?" asked Harry.

"Yeah it was pretty good. I wasn't sure if mom and Fleur would make it in time for it, like with the planning and stuff. But it did turn out pretty well."

After that, they were watching and s******ing at Ron and Hermione dancing. Hermione was good and looked as if she had at least taken one dance lesson in her life. Ron however, kept stepping on her feet. Hermione looked as if she'd been eating an extremely sour lemon for as many times she'd been wincing.

After two more song and more casual conversation, Harry also asked Ginny to dance. She looked hesitantly at the hand he'd offered her, but then said, "Of course"

They walked with their hands in eachothers to the dance floor. Ginny put her head on his shoulder and her arms around his neck. Harry put his hands on her petite little waist and they started to slow dance.

Harry wispered in hear ear"I love you and I always will."

She kissed him on his lips and said, "I love you too. Don't leave."

But before he could answer, a big explosion came from behind them just as a clock somewhere struck midnight.

A/N: This chapter is pretty good, I think so any way. So please review!

Old February 24th, 2006, 1:04 am
First Year

Chapter Seven
Only the Beginning

Harry instantly broke apart with Ginny. He looked at where the explosion came from and the sight made his instincts tell him to draw his wand. From the corner of his eye he noticed Ginny already had her wand out.

"Hello Potter. Did you miss us?"

As Harry put up a sheild charm, he saw through it that it was about fifty deatheathers that were shooting charms and hexes around them, not even caring that there were young ones around. A little girl was running around screaming for her mom and a baby in a muggle carseat was helplessly crying was more than many people could bear. And to his horror, Draco Malfoy was among them.

As Malfoy stepped forward, Harry shot a leglocker hex at him and missed.

"Potter you will have to do way better than that. Crucio!"

Harry withered in pain, but luckily for him, Malfoy had halfheartedly conjured this because of a brave Gabrielle Delecour that conjured a bunch of birds to attack him and became preoccupied and tried to deflect them.

"You should have died Malfoy, for what you did. You realize that Dumbledore was murdered for all the stupid things you have done."

Harry shot another curse at Malfoy but while trying to dodge it, he tripped. He looked around at everyone. Fred and George were fighting with Amycus and by the looks of it, they were winning. Mrs. Weasley was fighting a deatheater Harry did not know but heard her distincly saying, "You kill my family, I'll kill you!". Ron was in a duel with Dolohov with Hermione. Hermione was the one shooting spells silently with perfection and Ron of coruse wasn't. But the anger in Ginny's voice (presumably because they intrupted her favorite brother's wedding) as she was fighting Bellatrix, was incredibly evil. She was known for her Bat-Bogey Hexes and Harry now knew why.

"Really?" Said Malfoy, who seemed to think this was all fun and games. "Because I think that the goody two shoes will all die tonight. Even your mudblood know-it-all and that blood traitor you call friends. But I came here not to kill you, but to watch you die."

Confused a little, Malfoy stepped back to reveal the person Harry hated the most right now, the man he not wanted to curse into obliviation, but the man who killed Dumbledore himself, Severus Snape.

"Potter, you will never understand the fun of the Darkside. First of all, there are no rules to follow. Second, we all have vaugely sinister surnames. Last, I have the pleasure of killing you. Good-Bye."

And with that, he raised his wand and yelled at the top of his evil voice AVADA KEDAVRA!!!.

Harry's wand laid limply in his hand down at his side in no effort to protect him. But the curse did not hit him. He looked to see what had blocked him while a high pitched scream came out from no where. From Fleur.

Harry looked down on the ground and saw that Fleur's only sister, Gabrielle, had been murdered, by none other than Snape. Being part Veela, Fleur and her mother took the veela form when the veela happen to be angry and flew towards Snape and the Deatheaters.

"FLEE!!!" was all he said as the numerous Death Eaters all disapparated.

As the left and were gone, Fleur changed back and crouched above her formerly living sister and began to cry.

A/N: Holey Moley this was good!!!! Review NOW!!!!

Last edited by Hermy_; March 17th, 2006 at 4:20 pm.
Old March 11th, 2006, 4:54 am
First Year

hi its me, I need feedback. I need feedback to write this story. You are the writers of this story. I just put it on the site. Please give me feedback. I have already written a chapter and haven't recieve anything off it yet.

Old April 9th, 2006, 1:06 am
First Year

A/N: Don’t eat me. My computer lost its connection for a while and I didn’t get it back up until today. Luv ya lots!

Chapter Eight
The Clean Up

Many tears were shed for the lost Gabrielle Delacour. Her father and Mother left to bury her in France. Fleur wanted to come but they told her that as her parents that they still had the right to refuse her to come. "Eet woold be 'ard for you seence you are on yoor 'oneymooooon." was all that her mother had to say to her and left.

While people were picking up, Harry's anger was rising and rising and rising. 'I can't believe they had the nerve to come here after what they did to Dumbledore. They will wish that they never EVER came here tonight.' He wanted make sure that Snape understood that he is in a point of no return. But Malfoy, he had been hurting innocent people all year long last year. Katie Bell had defied gravity and flew in the air while being cursed. Ron was poisoned and had been in the hosipital wing for a week because of Malfoy's clumsiness. He just hoped that they were together so that he could kill them both at the same time.

The backyard was picked up in a few hours. It had become about three in the moring when everything was picked up or magically cleaned. He knew that he needed to leave soon. If they knew where he was at, he needed to go. Harry walked up to his room to grab his invisibility cloak.

He was heading for the back door to get insie the house when he saw Ginny sitting in the kitchen writing in her diary again. He took a breath, opened the door and tried with all of his might to walk in casually.

Walking towards the creaky stairs, he noticed that she looked up at him once and went back to her diary. He didn't look back at her because doing that would only make him feel worse. But he only felt worse with each creaking stair. They seemed to have Ginny's voice saying 'I........love........you......I..........love.... .....you.' making his legs feel like lead. It took him all the strength he had from running down the stairs and embracing her. But he knew this was best.

He grabbed his cloak when he finally reached his room after what had seemed like ages and stuffed it in his pocket. He thought about grabbing his trunk just for a change of robes but thought better of it. He looked through it to see if there was anything else that he might need. After digging through many robes and socks that needed to be washed, he saw his most treasured items. He saw his parents photos and looked through it what he dreadfully hoped wasn't the last time. He turned to a page with his parents looking at the camera just smiling. He could tell where they were, but they were happy. Below that was a picture that included him. It was him, his mother, his father, and the person that he really needed to hear a bark like laugh from, his godfather. His mother was holding him and every one was looking down upon him. He pulled that one out and folded it carefully and put it in his pocket as well.

As he was still pulling out things, he saw his Marauders Map. He knew that he wouldn't need it but he knew that there would be only one person that would be going to Hogwarts this year. He took out a quill and an ink bottle and wrote on the back:

Dear Ginny,
I will miss you terribly this year. But it is for the better. I thought that it would be better that I give this to you because it will be no use of me this year.
Love,
Harry

A/N: Read and Review please. Every bit counts!!

Old April 23rd, 2006, 1:27 am
First Year

Chapter Nine
Ummmm.......

Harry strode off to Ginny's room after completeing this and shut his door quietly so anyone (including one particular redheaded girl in mind) wouldn't hear him.

He stepped into her room which was incredibly clean. It was never ever clean. A very puzzled Harry sat there and looked at it for a second. But then shook it off. What am I doing? I have better things to do than to stare at.....her room., he thought.

He set the map message side up on her bed and started walking out of her room after taking in one last scent of flowers.

He stode down the stairs and went to go find Ron and Hermione. He found them out in the backyard after it had been all cleaned. They were laying on a patch of grass, holding hands just looking at the night sky. Harry thought this was nice not having them fight for a while and walked over to them.

He laid down next to them. They both said hi and everyone just looked at the sky.

"It really is nice out tonight" Harry said.

"I know. Isn't it beautiful?" whispered Hermione.

"Yeah....." said Ron even quieter.
The night was really beautiful that night. You could see all the stars and the moon wasn't full yet but it was really close. Harry checked his watch. 3:45.

Harry decided to bite the bullet and just do it. "So......I was thinking about leaving tonight. What do you all think?"

"Well...I was think-" said Hermione but was inturrupted by...

"Leaving where Mr. Potter?" said none other than Professor McGonnagall herself.

Silence rang through everywhere. There wasn't any crickets chirping.

"Don't make me repeat myself Mr. Potter." she said sternly.

"Uhhhh..."

A/n: Yes I left you there. I have to go for now but yet again, I'll try to be on soon. Read and Review please

Old April 23rd, 2006, 9:42 pm
First Year

Chapter 10
Setback

Harry sat there not knowing what to say and wondering if he should tell her.

"Uhhh...I was telling Ron and Hermione here if we should leave today," he said knowing that answer wasn't going to satisfy her so he added on, "to Godric's Hollow."

"Oh I see. Come inside the house with me you all." she said. Harry looked at his two best friends to see if they had any clue what she was talking about but they looked just as puzzled as he did.

When they stepped inside the house, Harry saw that Ginny had left and left her diary sitting on the table. Knowing her, if she had the diary sitting on the table, she had some jinx on it and Harry wasn't going to be the first to try it.

They walked up the stairs, and stepped into a vacant room that no one was using. McGonagall put a spell on the door which clicked signifing that it was locked.

"Harry, your meetings with Dumbledore last year were significantly important right?"

"Uh...yeah." he had a hard time discussing Dumbledore. He thought way too much of him now and that pained him.

She started, "He left me a letter when I went to clean out his office. It contained of what you all did last year and what you are to embark on. He left your well being in my hands. You are going to Godrics Hollow before searching for You-Know-Who's Horocruxs right?"

"Yes. I wanted to see where it all started for me."

She said, "Well, I want you to come to school first. The Death Eaters are expecting you to go to Godrics Hollow. The school has acquired a charm over the summer that will prevent any dark magic from coming in. Then when I think it is safe, I will let you, Miss Granger, and Mr. Weasley to come along with you to Godrics Hollow. But only when I say so. Understood?"

Harry started to protest. "But-"

"Understood?" She said more sternly.

He was quiet for a few seconds and nodded. He realized that this ruined his plans. The rest of this summer is going to be the most painful of all. I am near Ginny, but I can't bewith her., he thought.

After that, she strode out of the room. Hermione and Ron looked at eachother, and then to look at Harry to realize he had slipped on his invisability cloak and disapeered.

A/N: Wow. Two posts in two days! Yea! Go me. Read and Review please

Last edited by Hermy_; April 25th, 2006 at 3:04 am.
Old April 25th, 2006, 4:42 am
First Year

Chapter 11
Downtime

Harry stood in that little room with his head hung low. His feelings were all going haywire. He wanted to stun McGonagall for making him stay where he didn't want to stay. He wanted to tell Ginny that he loved her. He felt mad because he knew he couldn't. He wanted to cry because of Dumbledore, he wanted to see that old face telling him to keep his chin up and go through the battle like a man. But then that brought the man he hated most now. Oh how he wanted to rip every single greasy hair out of his head, to crucio him into obvliviation.

When McGonagall turned her back to leave, he knew that was his clue to leave as well. He slipped on his invisability cloak just in time to walk out the door closing behide McGonagall. Before the door shut, he saw Ron groping in mid air for a invisable body with no luck.

He followed the new headmistriss down the stairs so people wouldn't think that the stairs were creaking on their own. She started conversation with Ginny and carefully opened the back door hoping no one saw it open by itself.

It wasn't much longer that he heard a little pop showing that McGonagall had left. He started walking to a tree on top of a hill that he had found a few days ago. He decided to take a walk that morning and saw that he arrived in time to see the sun rise. It had already begun to rise but he wasn't too late. He sat down next to the tree and watched what was left of the sun.

He felt like his world was crashing around him. Most of the people he loved had died: His mother, His father, Sirius, Dumbledore. All of these people died saving him. He had no way to repay them. Cedric only helped him and they won the Triwizard Tournament. It was only misfortune that he was murdered the way he was. Ginny was the only person that truly loved him, even if it was a school girl crush at first. He chuckled for a second. 'It took me an incredibly long time to realize the person I loved was a short walk away.' He felt incredibly depressed that he knew that he couldn't be with her.

The sun had fully risen. He looked at his watch. 6:07. Mrs. Weasley would be making breakfast soon. His stomach gave a large grumble.

"Accio Invisability Cloak!"

Of course, there was a certain redhead behind him.

"There was a reason I had this on," he said moodily as she handed his cloak back to him.

"Well, if you want to be alone, tell your stomach to be a little quieter next time and you might not want to open a door and leave the kitchen when there are people in there," she said with a sarcstic grin on her face.

"Yeah, probably."

They just sat there for 15 minutes looking down at the village of muggles below them. Then Ginny asked,

"So are you going to Hogwarts this year or not?"

A/N:So a little longer this time. Read and Review please.....

Old August 9th, 2006, 6:23 am
First Year

Chapter 12

"Well I-uh...yes...", said Harry reluctantly. He really didn't want to go through all that pain again. He felt that he finally got over her and Dumbledore. Returning to Hogwarts would only start it all over again.

"Oh Harry, I know what you were going to do. I'm just so scared for you.", she said with a sad look on her face.

Harry jerked his head to her, looking startled. "What do you mean? You knew what Dumbledore told me to do?"

"Yes, you must be so frightened. I am. What if you are killed?", she said as she lay his shoulder.

He looked down upon her, remembering a day like this, where she had waken him up early to walk to their favorite spot under the beechtree by the lake. It had a perfect view of the morning sunrise. She'd lay her head on his shoulder like this and it made Harry melt.

"I don't know. I'll just have to do my best." he said. He felt a tear drop on his jeans. It disturbed him to see Ginny so upset. She had never seen her lose control. Harry normally took her for a very strong girl, but seeing her break down like this was unnerving.

He found the Invisibility Cloak and threw it across Ginny and himself. He kissed the top of her head. He lifted her chin and he looked into those beautiful brown eyes of hers, getting lost in them was too easy.

"Ginny, I love you."

A/N:This Chapter relates to me so much more than you think. It makes me so sad too. I think this is gonna be one of my favorite chapters. But this is the first chapter in a long time so I'd really like feedback for this. Link is in my signature.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Flourish and Blotts