Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime

Best Anime Dubs

Old August 27th, 2011, 3:42 am
First Year

Re: Best Anime Dubs

Yu Yu Hakusho has the best dub ever as far as I'm concerned. I love every voice, every line of dialogue - everything.

Other Greats:
Trigun
Inuyasha
Dragon Ball (FUNI)_ - And I'm talking about just Dragon Ball. Not DBZ or GT or the Movies. Dragon Ball had a wonderful dub.

I also happen to love 4Kids' Pokemon but part of that is nostalgia. Still I think Rachel Lillis and the others did wonderfully.

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2011, 4:53 am
First Year

Studio Ghibli and Cowboy Bebop, pretty much has the best here. They set the standard for what is amazing, and that is not even counting the stories, characters, and utterly incredible philosophies.

Pottermore - Ghostwolf71

Wand - Blackthorn with Phoenix Tail Feather, 10 & 3/4 in, unyielding.

House - Gryffindor
Old September 4th, 2011, 7:59 pm
First Year

BEST dubs...hmm

Well, I liked the dub for
Wolf's Rain
Hellsing Ultimate
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Death note wasn't horrible..but I still prefer the Japanese
Speed Grapher (I am indifferent to whatever version. Both sound good)
Mushi-shi. I love the japanese one a little more cause in the English the kid's voices are too squeaky.
Eden of the East was good both japanese and dubbed.
And usually all the studio ghibli voices rock.

And I'll throw this out there. FMA. I only watched FMA in english though, but I do wanna see it in Japanese to see how I like it.

I try to avoid watching dubbed animes at all costs, though there are occasionally ones I liked dubbed.

Old December 9th, 2011, 3:23 pm
Sixth Year

I agree about Eden of the East, I really enjoyed that show and the dubbed voices worked really well.

I've been watching Nerima Daikon Brothers which has an excellent dub- very high quality voice acting and absolutely hilarious, I tried to watch some of the Japanese one and I just didn't find it nearly funny. Although I do like dubs I usually hate it when songs are dubbed but all the VAs have such great singing as voices that they really work and I wish there was a soundtrack It's a musical so there are a lot of songs, it's on the Funimation YouTube channel so I recommend anyone who likes weird comedy to watch it because it's so funny

Old December 9th, 2011, 11:36 pm
First Year

I think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was a really awesome dub. I mean even though they changed Elicia's, Breda's, and Al's voice actors they were amazing.

Ouran was another good dub (a lot of the people from FMA:B where in this one :3)

Death Note was one of my favorite

Also I think Code Geass was good.

Durarara!! is amazing. I really enjoyed the dubs :3

But I really only watch anime dubbed. I can't watch videos on my computer so I stick with watching them on TV. Sigh.

Old December 15th, 2011, 4:02 am
First Year

Hellsing is by far my favorite. The voices fit (Crispin Freeman FTW) with the setting and the characters and the lipsyncing is (the majority of the time) spot on.

I also prefer Howl's Moving Castle in the dub. It sounds... off in the Japanese.

Old December 16th, 2011, 12:37 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I also prefer Howl's Moving Castle in the dub. It sounds... off in the Japanese.
I find a lot of Ghibli films really work well in dub, especially ones which are set in other parts of the world. Howl is supposed to be Welsh after all Miyazaki himself has said that the French dub of Porco Rosso, with Jean Reno as Porco, is his favourite version of the film. Of course, it helps that Ghibli films tend to really well done- although I haven't seen that Warriors of the Wind version of Nausicaa (thankfully!)

Old March 28th, 2012, 3:29 am
First Year

My favorite TV series dub is the dub of GITS SAC/2nd Gig. I think the English VAs for the GITS TV series actually put more emotion into their roles than the Japanese VAs who frankly sound very monotonous in the original. I also think Bandai did a really good job of finding VAs that sound similar to the original English VAs from the GITS movie dub but don't sound like they're just cheap imitators. Of course I could be biased because the dub has my favorite English VA, Crispin Freeman, asTogusa in it. My favorite dub of an anime movie is Disney's dub of The Cat Returns. Like GITS, I feel like the dub VAs for The Cat Returns do a better job of playing the right emotion and I also feel like the dub VAs have a wider variety of accents and unique personalities whereas in the Japanese version for The Cat Returns, the original VAs all sound the same to me. I especially love the Baron's British accent which fits his role perfectly. And I think Muta was a lot funnier in the dub than in the Japanese version.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Anime